Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
RIP Axel, at least his tormented soul is good at wandering around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."
I think team attacks share XP as well? There's at least a few early game ways to share xp, but yeah, you do kind of have to work at getting them to happen.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Now on Disgaea 4: Teenage Dreams!

In retrospect I should have named this part: Tactical Tutorials Tempers Travel Time To Troublesome Teen!

Oh well. Let's enjoy Disgaea 4's intermissions. These appear between the Episodes and are a staple of the series.

What is going on here?
Are you talking about sardines again?

Some say that’s because sardines weaken quickly after they’re taken out of the water...but that is absolutely not true!
They’re nutritious and are even used to repel evil, thanks to their potent smell!
They couldn’t possibly be weak!

By the way, “sardina” is sardine in Russian.

We learning a lot about sardines and languages with this update.

Next time: Episode 2, “Hell’s Legendary Sardine Road: Eat sardines to power up, dawg.”
Just don’t cry when you eat them!

Hey! Don’t ignore me!
Grah! I won’t stand for this!

A war is a jumble of pointlessness that creates hatred and death, and takes everything from everyone. It’s the epitome of absurdity!
It is nothing but an act of folly, perpetuated by pitiful humans.
Besides, what’s so fun about making the people below you fight against each other?
Sword against sword, fist against fist…
Pitting your violence against another’s…
Fighting your own battles with your life on the line is the true appeal of war…

That doesn't sound very appealing either...

In that case, I will not allow such degenerates to start spreading that kind of idiocy here in Hades!

My Lord, please wait. That lass seemed to be leading an unknown force. I’m assuming that she has been sent by the corrupternment.
If that is the case, it wouldn’t be very wise of us to go marching in without prior knowledge of who and what they really are.

If I were to fail to be on time for any reason, I would be breaking the promise I made as a proud and noble demon!

Val, buddy, pal, baby. You really need to reign in how many promises you make.

Prinny Rule No. 6!
You shall never make your master wait. If you ever fail to meet this rule…

At least you’re aware of the consequences.
...So, what do you have to report?

Yes, sir, the Prinny Exterminators are a newly assembled corrupternment force. They consist of humans who failed to become Prinnies, dood.

Failed to become Prinnies?

The production of Prinny hide can’t keep up with the number of souls that are being sent here from the Human World, dood.

I pity them for not even being able to become Prinnies...but that doesn’t explain why they’re trying to exterminate the Prinnies.

The corrupternment probably has something to do with this...using those “Unprinnies” to get rid of the Prinnies.
No matter which side wins, it’s a win-win situation for the corrupternment…
It’s a rather impressive scheme.

This isn’t the time to be impressed!
As a Prinny Instructor, I can’t just stand idly by and watch this happen!
All that aside, the clock is ticking.
We better get going, Fenrich!

Understood.
All is for my Lord…

...I was able to make Axel out to be an anarchist, thanks to the information you all gathered.
Considering that great achievement, I’ll overlook your failure this time.

Began. The Prinny Wars...

...will after this long tutorial section.

Geo Blocks…
Not to worry, my Lord.
This is nothing if we handle it the right way.
Mere blocks will never come in my Lord’s path. Please, leave this to me.

Hmm. I’m counting on you.

[Tutorial: Handling Geo Blocks]
Geo Blocks should be taken care of so that the disadvantages effects will be erased.
Prinnies, you know which one is the source of the “Enemy Boost: +50%”, right?

Ugh!?
You’re asking us, dood?
Umm...dood...

That’s…
Correct but not correct!
It’s not quite right.

In other words, Geo Blocks don’t need Geo Panels, since they will always lend their effect to the panel they’re on.
In order to nullify the effect completely, you must destroy all of these Geo Blocks.

Destroy all of them?
Sounds like that’s going to be a lot of work.

Not to worry, my Lord.
We can just have the Prinnies take care of the tough labor.

Th-that sucks, dood…

Ha, that was a joke.
Lord, you can delete a Block by simply throwing another Block of the same color next to it.
It looks like this map is structured so that you can do that and delete all of the Blocks very easily.

Throw a same-colored Block next to another…
Got it!
If I throw that Geo Block next to that one…!

Hmhm, as expected of my Lord.
You’ve already solved this map.

Not much say about this. Throw block next to other block. Any enemy not killed by the chain reaction will go down in one hit.

Sorry Val, we got a couple more tutorial maps to go.

If this persists, I’ll end up breaking the promise I made to that lass!

Lord Val…
Please remain calm.
Patience is the best way to deal with Geo Blocks.

...Fine. You’re right.

Pardon me, my Lord.
Allow me to explain several rules about Geo Blocks.
Please, take a look at those Blocks that are stacked over there.

If they are the same color, whether they’re stacked or side by side, it matters not. They can’t be lifted and that’s the rule.
So, in order to clear this map…

Attack all of the Geo Blocks, or throw other same-colored Blocks to make them disappear.

Yes, Lord Val.
You’re a quick learned, as always.
Also, a character will receive damage by falling from the cleared blocks. This is another important rule.

I see.
I could use that to defeat enemies…

Yes, that’s correct.
Though, the rules apply to allies, as well, so must be careful.

Excellent. Let’s get to it.

Another straightforward tutorial map. Throw the block to destroy the pyramid and charge up the ramp to kill anyone left alive.

Great.
I should still have enough time to make it by the promised time.

It may seem redundant, but this is all for you, my Lord. Allow me to review what we’ve gone through so far.
Geo Blocks cannot be lifted when same-colored Blocks are stacked up or sitting next to each other.
And falling from cleared Blocks will inflict damage to characters. These are two important rules to remember.

I know.
You’re such a worrywart.

Only when things involve you, my Lord.
All is for my Lord…

We just throw the blocks at the matching ones and fight it out.

The "good news," is unfortunately another tutorial.

A new feature has been added to the Cam-pain HQ.

A new feature…
Sounds interesting. Tell me more.

Hmhmhm…
It’s best if you see it for yourself.
Shall we head head on out?

[Tutorial: Evil Symbol Placement]
Evil Symbols are facilities that will provide many useful effects.

Let’s try placing the Evil Symbol called Aura Pyramid to start with.
A certain amount of land is needed in order to place each Evil Symbol. You won’t be able to place one if a character is in the way.
In the case of Aura Pyramid, you only need one panel of land.
...Let’s give it a try.

See the land surrounded by the yellow line around the Evil Symbol?

Only the characters within the Evil Area will be affected by the special effect of an Evil Symbol.
Try moving characters into the Evil Area to receive Aura Pyramid’s effect.

That does sound very useful.

Please pay attention to the placement of each unit and Symbol in order to efficiently utilize the effects of the Evil Symbols.
Here’s another special effect related to the Evil Symbol.
[Tutorial: Extra Gain]
After placing an Evil Symbol, you can pick a leader among the characters in the range.
The leader will gain stats bonuses from the other characters in the range and power up.
This is called Extra Gain.
Also, the leader will be able to use the Magic of an adjacent character within range.
With these two systems, Evil Symbol Placement and Extra Gain, you will be able to strategize the battles to your advantage.
I’m looking forward to witnessing your success, my Lord.

Additional Evil Symbols became available though a variety of ways. Such as story progression, bills passed in the Senate, combat actions, etc.

Finally done with that tutorial section. Now let's head out before we're late.

drat...

Is she trying to make it look like I was late!?

Hmhmhm! There you are!
I didn’t wanna be late, so I’ve been waiting here since last night! Go me!

Last night…!?
She’s...pretty good!

My Lord…
Please don’t take this idiot so seriously.

Excuse me!?
Don’t you dare call a lady an “idiot”!
Plus, we just met!

Shut up, lass. “Idiot” is still too kind of a word to describe a kid who would declare war against my Lord.

Gurrrah! I’m so pissed right now!
I’ll annihilate you and all of the Prinnies! It’ll be total annihilation! For all of you!
Do you know what that word means? It means I’m gonna kill all of you!!

Buy why? I don’t understand.
Y-you’re all just human souls…
Why are you going to fight your compatriots?

It means that they’re your own kind.

Whatever!
I just haven’t learned it in class yet!
Anyways, did you say they’re my own kind!?
You don’t know what we’ve had to go through because of those lousy Prinnies…

I thought Prinny War I began with the assassination of the Archprinny Pringer IV when he was standing in line at the local fair.

This is basically the second tutorial map. Throw the blocks to form ramps on the walls to get to the enemies. The only interesting thing here were the enemies on the left somewhere hitting my units through the walls.

As expected of my dreams…
I knew this wasn’t gonna be easy.

...Dream?
What is that lass talking about?

Who knows?
Just the blathering of an idiot.
It’s best to just ignore it.

Scene change to two hitherto unseen characters.

Unfortunately, they have been MIA since their encounter with the enemy.

I see.

Now here's a tutorial I'm excited to see. The Item World is a rogue-like dungeon system that we enter to strengthen items. The further we get the stronger the item becomes. Even the weakest weapon can be made a powerhouse and along the way we can find treasure, innocents (more on those in a bit), and gain experience.

Huh? Did you say Item Worlder?
Now, who could that be?

As you proceed to the deeper floors, the level of the item will rise. It's the best place to level up your weapons and armor.
Oh, but just be careful, because once you enter the Item World, you can only leave on every tenth floor.

Random dungeons at your service. Welcome to the Item World, the ladder for hardcore character training.
The Item World is a danger zone. An inexperienced player might set foot in there, only to lost their life.
The geography, panels, and blocks will always change to different positions, so your path can sometimes be blocked.
If you enter without an escape item, no one can guarantee our life.
Here's a little pity gift from me. Here are 5 Mr. Gency Exits.
It's a useful escape item.

We're going to strengthen the Claymore. The sword Val is using right now. We cannot have the weapon equipped that we're diving into.

In the Item World, for every floor you clear, the item will level up, and the enemies will get stronger.
To get out, you must either progress ten floors, or use a Mr. Gency Exit.
For every ten floors you clear, I'll give you another Mr. Gency Exit for free. Use them with care.
Every five floors there will be route gates, mystery rooms, Innocent Towns, and sometimes even pirates...
Plenty of things happen in the Item World ♥
Please try it out.
If you'd like to know more, select [Help] and I'll teach you. Buh-bye!

This is an innocent that I mentioned before. Innocents are creatures that are slotted into weapons and provide boosts. This innocent is labeled a Marksman and provides a boot to the HIT stat.

That makes to useful for a sword wielder like Val, but once you subdue it (you subdue it by defeating it). It can be freely moved onto and between other items. Beware though! If the enemies defeat an innocent instead it is lost forever.

Now to fight our way further down.

In the Item World, two gates will appear at every 5 levels, and depending on the gate you enter, the route will branch off.
There two routes lead you down the path of leveling your item or improving your innocents.
In the [Item Leveling] route, there is a higher chance of level spheres and item improvement rooms appearing.
In the [Innocent Improvement] route, you get more events that power-up innocents, as well as a higher spawn rate of wild innocents.

I chose the Item Leveling route here.

That green orb is what she's talking about.

There is a higher chance of this event happening if you're progressing on the [Item Leveling] route. Okay?
Just keep in mind that once you leave the Item World, the locations of these kinds of events will change.
And just so know, this event is for tutorial purposes only.
Normal rules don't apply this time...

After that I manage to fight my way down to Level 7, but encounter enemies to strong for my team to defeat and use a Mr. Gency's to escape with everything I've gained.

A nice 55% boost in the Claymore's ATK and we can move the Marksman off it.

Welcome back.
You've made it back in one piece!
I'll put the item I was holding onto in your Item Bag. Make sure it's in there!

Now we're free to deal with that troublesome Prinny lass.

Sacrificing others to attain your own happiness?
How vile and shallow...
A darker evilness seems to reign over human souls than a demon's.

Yes. With their prideless minds, they're probably even more of a threat than we are.

Then as a Prinny Instructor, I must straighten you out!
I shall pound Prinny pride into your heads through lessons of fear and punishment!

Hmhmhm... Are you trying to threaten me or something? Sorry, but I already know...
That this is all just a dream!

Please don't be so gullible, my Lord.
She's simply ignorant.
This lass is a dead human soul.
Through denial of her own death, she has become delusional.

Even if I were dead, I'd be sent to heaven, not to hell or whatever you call this place.
I didn't do anything wrong to deserve this.
Why would a ninth grader die anyway?
If this isn't heaven, then it can't be real. If this isn't real, then it must be a dream.
How's that!? It's a flawless theory!

...My Lord, do not fall victim to her nonsense. Please, develop the skill to doubt people...
That lass is an ignorant, illiterate human soul who can't even admit she died.
She even failed to become a Prinny.

Then this is perfect.
My lessons will be even more worthwhile.

Hmph! You better watch your attitude. Don't forget that you're in MY dream!
As long as you and the Prinnies still exist, my nightmare will never come to an end!
This is war! A war to ride my dream of all demons and make it more fantastical and girly!
A battle for freedom and youth!

Now we're starting to get some interesting maps. The blue panels on the left switch your units HP & SP values. The green panels on the right prevent ranged attacks.
A solution is still a simple one however. I just sent all ranged and magic units left and all melee characters right.

You're supposed to fall down and die now!

Hey lass, why aren't you fighting, especially since you're the one who declared war on us?
Are you one of those who create war, and then just stand on the sidelines and watch the whole time?

...Seems like that lass really does believe she's in a dream.

She has no idea that she's being used by the corrupternment.
This is precisely why humans are...

Are you bringing up that woman again?
It seems like you'll never let that go...

Of course I'm talking about her.
The promise you made to that woman is the reason we fell to Hades.

Scene change to a certain woman.

Oh my even more players have come onto the field. Who could this mysterious angel be? What is this mentioned Lady Archangel scheming? Stay tuned to find out!

Next time on Disgaea 4: Death Without Killing Intent?: 100% Full Power!

OhFunny fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Oct 26, 2022

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oh neat, a Disgaea LP. Maybe this will be the time I finally figure out how the hell geo panels work despite having it explained to me 7 times by other people on this website.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

quote:

Valvatorez is great :allears:

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
Secret forgotten identities and a delusional deuteragonist completes the Disgaea checklist.

Interestingly, even though there's a hanji glyph, Chinese doesn't use the same glyph for sardine and instead uses a transliteration of the English term that translates roughly to "small farmed fish" (saa din yue). Probably a colonial legacy.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
In the original Japanese PS3 version, they went to the effort of adding this fake character to the game's font, and you can use it in your units' names. Talk about committing to the bit.

I'm not sure how many sequels and rereleases it survived. I know it made it into the original version of Disgaea 5, at least.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

FractalSandwich posted:

In the original Japanese PS3 version, they went to the effort of adding this fake character to the game's font, and you can use it in your units' names. Talk about committing to the bit.

I'm not sure how many sequels and rereleases it survived. I know it made it into the original version of Disgaea 5, at least.

That's amazing and hilarious!

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."
Does Valvatorez use that when he talks about sardines after that point? Would be amusing if he refers to them as strong fish and everyone else refers to it as the original text.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Dirk the Average posted:

Does Valvatorez use that when he talks about sardines after that point? Would be amusing if he refers to them as strong fish and everyone else refers to it as the original text.

As soon as I read this I went and checked because that would have been really funny, but the written text is using イワシ instead of 鰯 or Val's made up 魚強. The former is in Katakana and the later two are Kanji.

So that's a little disappointing.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Now on Disgaea 4: Death Without Killing Intent?: 100% Full Power!

An easy little map here. We have two bridges made up of Geo Blocks with enemies on them. I started by throwing every Geo Block near the Base Panel onto the matching Blocks of the right side bridge and this trapped the enemy units down in the gorge where they helplessly fell to ranged attacks. I had Val solo the left side bridge. The effects of the blocks are 20% HP recovery per turn, reduced damage, +7 level boost, and disabling ranged attacks. This made Val unkillable as the zombies can only face him one at a time.

A painless execution! Who could refuse such great terms

News flash!
Here comes our top-secret final weapon!

Final weapon? Are we at the end of the game already?

I'm feeling a lot of disappointment right now.

...This is your final weapon?

That’s right! Listen up and be amazed! He is the one and only son of the most powerful man in the Netherworld, the President!

Oh this is awkward. Who’s going to tell her?

I-is that right!? A-are you weak!?
But, you’re the President’s son!

Shut up! I’m not a weakling!
I was just...sleepy and hungry, so I couldn’t show off my full power last time!

Happens to the best of us kid.

Are you here without your men?
Then I assume you haven’t reported your failure to your father yet.

* gasp *
H-how’d you know that…?

You’re like a frightened little child who is in trouble with his father…
Well, I suppose you are still a child.
Wow. That’s pretty harsh Fenrich.

Grrr! Shut up!
Once I beat you guys, everything’ll be fine and I’ll fix my cred!
(...I can’t let my father down any more! I have to win this fight, no matter what!)

Hmph. He’s finally letting his determination show. Being on edge must’ve lit him up.
However…

Alternative Ending: Emizel Victorious 2.

Losing to Emizel here plays the same non-standard ending as the first time, so there's nothing to show.

Due to the 50% boost to enemy stats it would be dangerous to push deep into the yellow panels. I instead focused melee units on the Undead. Fire Skull focused on the Sludges on the Geo Panels since they made very weak to Fire and very resist to physical damage. After left side is cleared I destroyed the Red Geo Block to remove the boost and charged in. Emizel’s magic still packs a wallop, but he’s outnumbered and goes down.

What? I am…

If you really want to stop me, you better be ready to kill me.

This is some good and inspirational advice Val, but maybe don't give it to someone who's goal is to kill you..

He storms off.

(That rascal really reacted to the word “kill”…)
(Although he’s Death, is it possible that he’s never taken anyone’s life before…?)
(And that timidness… He could be the perfect prey.)

Another scheme for our Prinny Spy Squad.

...What was this problem!?
He was such a loud mouth! I can’t believe he turned out to be a complete wuss!
How could he trick me like that!?
He’s a fraud! A fraud, I say!
I’ll sue him!

Why don’t you give up already?
I know you’re not a complete Prinny, but just obey as is.

Hmph!
I’m not gonna back down! No way! I only accept dreams that have happy ending, whether they happen at the end or not!

She also storms off.

* Sigh *
...I don’t think I’ve ever met such a troublesome Prinny before.
...Fenrich, we’re going after her.

Yup. Now that I think about it, it’s my dream.
Therefore, there’s no way I’m gonna lose.
Mmhm, that’s right! This is my dream!
As long as I keep that in mind, there’s nothing I can’t do!

https://i.imgur.com/MVi3ng3.mp4

Oh poo poo she just went Super S****n. We really are in her dream.

H-Her power…
It’s much stronger than a Prinny’s!
How is this possible!?

That lass, by believing that everything that’s happened around her is a dream, has released her full potential.

Science rocks.

Lord Val, please be cautious.
This lass is an idiot, but she possesses power comparable to us demons.
Ah-hah!
That is impressive!

Yes, I agree.
However, now is not the time to be awestruck.
We’re in quite a bit of danger.

I’ve had enough of this chaotic dream!
I want a dream that’s sweet and lovely, like marshmallows!
I wanna swim in a pool of passion fruit jelly and boba!

With that said…
Get outta my dream right now!

I don’t mind a shameless floozy who freely shouts such embarrassing things!
Though, I’m going to have to wake you up and engrave the truth into your tiny brain over and over until you accept reality!

Alternative Ending: Fuka Victorious.

Gh…!
I can’t believe I let this lass defeat me…!

Don’t get your panties in a bunch.
You’re in my dream, after all.
You were bound to lose.

Now, now! I’m gonna continue exterminating Prinnies so that I can start living the good life in Hades…
Wait a second…
This is my dream… I can just turn Hades into Celestia, if I want to!

Turn Hades in Celestia!?
Don’t be ridiculous!

That’s even worse!

It’s not like I care what you say.
You better help me do this, since you lost.

I’ll never do that!

Losers gotta obey the winners.
That’s just common sense, isn’t it?

Gh…!

You guys aren’t that bad looking…
I wouldn’t mind making you hunks my servants. But…
You gotta wear maid costumes from now on.

Anyway, we’re gonna start by planting flower pastures all over the Netherworld!
This place is just gross right now…
And then, I’m gonna turn all the buildings here into dessert shops!
This place is gonna be so pretty, and then someday a charming prince will come and take me away!
Whattaya think? Perfect, huh!?

Uh, I have no idea where to even begin…
I suppose it’s perfect in that sense…

See? I know! Of course it’s perfect!
We’re in my dream Now, let’s begin!
Zettai Netherworld Project!

Hey! I thought you were putting them in maids costumes Fuka?

Now back to the main timeline.

Now this can be a tricky map since the wrap panels teleport every unit standing on them to a random spot every turn. I moved some units up over the bottom right side over the mushrooms that don’t have Geo Panels on them and threw Fenrich over to the platform Fuka is standing on. On the next turn I had him throw the Red Geo Block onto the Geo Panels and it’s effect weakens enemies by 50%. Even so the Armored Knight are tough opponents and Fuka can crack heads with her bat. She’s also very tanky as her Evility cuts damage taken from Skills by 50%.

Even if it’s a nightmare, I don’t deserve an more punishment!
I don’t approve of this!

Lass, you keep speaking of a nightmare and punishment…
What kind of hardships have you been through?

Gh...you really wanna know, huh?
...I get shivers down my shine from just thinking about it.
Every day and night, we cooked, cleaned, did the laundry
...and other ridiculous tasks, like looking for some ultra dessert.

That last line is a reference to the Prinny: Can I Really Be the Hero? spin-off game

It’s cool that I don’t have to study or do homework, but I don’t get to eat any sweet desserts or dress up and go out…
For a girl, it’s the same thing as being told to go kill yourself!
If this isn’t a nightmare, then what would you call it!?

But, that’s pretty normal.

20 hours of labor for one sardine a day…
That’s standard treatment for a Prinny.
You’re no exception.

Huh…? No...you’re lying!
I heard that normal Prinnies are treated like VIPs!
They only work four an hour, get three meals a day, with dessert, and even get nap time!
I heard they also live in luxury hotel suites!

So are you saying that even if we exterminate all of the normal Prinnies, our living conditions won’t change at all?

You are correct.
Nothing will change.

H-how could this be…?
This is impossible!

Prinnies don’t get to choose their living conditions!
The only thing they get to do is work hard until they pay off their sins!

But, why…?
I-I didn’t do anything bad…
You’re lying!
This is all a lie!
I won’t approve of this!

H-hey, wait!
I’m not done talking to you!

My Lord, please wait.
There is a contaminated area up ahead, filled with pollution.
I hear it’s brimming with mutated monsters…

Ahhh!

See?

As a Prinny Instructor, I cannot leave her there!
Let’s go Fenrich!

* Sigh *
All is for my Lord…

You must be careful at all times and look out for the rampaging, mutated monsters.

The corrupternment is to blame for this situation as well…
How far will they fall?
I see no end to this…

Fuka looks to be in a tight spot.

It’s waste from the Human World…
“Made in…” Hmph…
There’s no doubt that these are the source of the pollution here.

Just gonna ignore her huh?

Waste from the Human World…?
Are you saying that they’re dumping their garbage in the Netherworld!?
That’s nonsense!
How could the corrupternment allow this!? They must be aware that it’s happening!

Sounds like the cheap, shoddy quick fix solution a human would come up with. I should know as one.
But why are the demons not doing something about it?

https://i.imgur.com/7ANR75Z.mp4

Hey, guys!
I thought you came here to rescue me!

What? Seriously…?
You actually came to help me?

Of course!
As a Prinny Instructor, I am obligated to save you!

Y-you…

That’s an oddly specific demand there Fenrich.

Like I would!
You guys beat the hell outta me earlier!

Hmph.
At least you’re still full of energy.
...Can you fight, lass?

These two idiots joining forces are going to be unstoppable.

The big Sludges split into many smaller Sludges.

Now this was first map to really make me stare at it and think. The Clone Geo Effect will choose one unit standing on the Geo Panels and make a copy of it. Even if it clones one of your units, the clone will be hostile. So I felt the need to knock this Geo field offline one of the first turn. I managed this by stacking a tower right where the marker on the screenshot is and chain throwing a unit over to the bottom right island to break the Geo Block there. Both my units and the enemies took heavy damage from the Geo Chain, but I had a healer and they did not, so I managed to out last them over the next few turns.

...Now that I think about it, they are also just victims.
I could’ve gone easier on them.

Not so fast, lass.
Even if you’ve failed to become a Prinny, you’re still technically a Prinny.
And as long as you’re a Prinny, I must teach and raise you from beginning to end so that you can become a great Prinny.
First of all, Prinny Rule No. 1!
You shall always include the word “dood” in every line you say!

Hades is the training ground for all burdened souls!
That being said, you have no right to complain!
Now, Prinny Rule No. 1!
You shall always include the word “dood” in every line you say!

No means no!
First of all, who came up with these horrible labor laws anyways!?

Okay, then I’ll go talk to the President!
I’m gonna tell him to his face to change the Prinny Law!

Hmm, I find your attitude rather pleasing.
Why don’t you come with us? I’ll take you to meet the President.

...Seriously?

Well, we’re going to have to fight the President sooner or later.
It’s an inevitable confrontation if we are to complete our mission...Isn’t that right?

Y-you’re right, but…

Wh-what!?
Wasn’t your goal to revise the Prinny Law?

It’s the same difference!
Besides, I like the sound of that better!

Hmhmhm ♥
My dream is starting to get pretty exciting♪

How many times do we have to tell you, this isn’t a dream?
You’re dead.

And how many times do I have to tell you that this IS my dream!?
If you think I’m so wrong, then prove it!

Very well.
But do you promise that when I’m proven right, you will admit that you’re a Prinny, no matter what?

Fine, I promise!
But then if I’m right, you have to promise to become my very own personal Prinny!

Hmph...how amusing!
Alright, I’ll take you up on that promise!

My Lord…!
Do not be so rash in making so many futile promises!

An alarm blares from somewhere.

Warden Axel! I should have known he'd survive and catch up to rejoin us!
Wait...what was that about releasing all the criminals to kill us?

Next time on Disgaea 4!: Inmates Running Free!

MayOrMayNotBeACat
Jul 22, 2017

can't believe you didn't link fuka's song
what a loving crime

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

No, Axel! How could you betray us!? After all the good times we had together!

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

MayOrMayNotBeACat posted:

can't believe you didn't link fuka's song
what a loving crime

I will fix that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNqCrr8bbVE

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

I thought about uploading and linking the songs as they appear, but the OST for Disgaea 4 isn't available for sale anymore.

I don't know if it's kosher to link to some random Youtube account for a Let's Play.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Now on Disgaea 4!: Inmates Running Free!

Hmhmhm… That’s right…!
Warden Axel is alive!
Let your relief bring you to your knees!

The truth is, the word “sardine” refers to more than one kind of fish, including other small fish in the Clupeinae family!
Like the Japanese shad!

Don’t tell me that’s the astonishing truth you were talking about!

We're learning so much sardine lore.

Who cares…!?

H-hey!
Aren’t you surprised to see me alive!?
Oh, and shads are also called river herrings!

...Are you into fish, too?

In Japanese, sardine is translated as iwashi, but urume-iwashi and katakuchi-iwashi aren’t even included in the same family!
What in Hades in going on here, Japanese language!?
Katakuchi-iwashi, the anchovy, is in the Engraulidae family that includes the grenadier anchovy that doesn’t even look like a sardine!
So why do they even call them iwashi!?
Sardines would cry if they knew about these vague standards! C’mon!

No, you “c’mon”, you stupid sardine nerd!

Next time: Episode 3, “Valvatorez, Nether-PI: Murder in Hell’s Prison.”
Sardines aren’t always what they seem!

What!? No! A murder? Who’s gonna get killed?

Really? Again?

...That’s none of your business, so stay out of it.
Just lie down and sleep here, forever.

This is totally my business.
This is my dream.
...So, what’s the plan?

Val is very much a "I reject your reality" guy.

His undemonlike “Undoubting Heart” is also one of Lord Valvatorez’s formidable powers…
In any case, whether he’s real or fake, he certainly has the support of some hidden force behind him.

Indeed.
Only the President would be able to grant such a prize as pardons to prisoners of Hades.

I concur.
Could the power behind him possibly be…?

Who is it? Tell me!

… We must plan accordingly.

Another covert ops mission for the Prinny Spy Squad. What could they be doing now?

A new feature has been added to the Cam-pain HQ.

Oh? And what is that?

A feature that will be most necessary in the upcoming battles…

Since we're a proper insurgency now it's time to build a shadow state for when we overthrow the current corrupternment.

By appointing Cabinet Members, you can assign characters to various jobs.

When a unit becomes the Education Minister, the bonus points added to its stats when it levels up will increase.
All Cabinet Members will gain a positive effect, one way or another. I recommend you appoint the positions as soon as you can.

I see.
By doing so, the faster the characters will be able to power up, huh?
Yes, my Lord. My point exactly.
Some Ministers will gain special effects by connecting to the network.

They can obtain items by receiving bribes as a Senator in other users’ Senates.
To obtain the item, just access the menu and select “Foreign Minister History”.
And vice versa, the Foreign Minister from another user’s world may make a visit to your Senate.

A messenger from another Netherworld, huh?
Interesting… I’m looking forward to testing their strength.

Hmhmhm. You could make them into a strong ally by bribing them, so don’t hesitate to approach them when they arrive.
Next, I will explain about the Defense Minister.

When you’re in danger, use the Red Phone to summon characters from other users’ worlds.
Let’s try appointing the two Ministers.

Now that's facial hair you can trust!

Not to worry.
Once you expanded your power, more titles will be added.
Utilize this appointment system to enrich the Cam-pain HQ.
This is the path to winning, my Lord.
… That’s all for the explanation. Please refer to the Cam-pain Info if you’re uncertain about anything.

I paused story progression here to make and level a Valkyrie. Who is the female counterpart to the Warrior. She is necessary to unlock more Humanoid classes and I wanted a spear user.

Her intro movie:

https://i.imgur.com/FdcFXZf.mp4

I can’t believe I can win my freedom just by killing those weak-looking fools!

Let’s kill those biotches!
Kill, kill, and kill!

drat, do you hear how they keep saying kill?
It’s very Prisoner of Hadeslike.

That’s precisely what they are.
If you keep acting like you’re in a dream, you’re going to get yourself killed...not that I care.

Alright time find out if this Warden is the real Axel or some fake.

Ok. He's a real deal. No fake could do such a move.

Hmhmhm…!
I’m putting an end to your depraved and insolent ways!
I’ll get rid of you and finally clear myself of everything you blamed on me!

F-fake!? You idiot!
Do you really think there could be two people who look as stunning as I do in the universe?

What!? You’re real!?
Then why are you fighting us!?
Have you forgotten the days we used to scramble around the battlefield together!?
We’re comrades! Who watched your back!?

You’re not my comrade!
You can’t just sugarcoat your memories of me like that!
Fate has made us enemies!
There’s only one person I can consider to be my comrade…
The son of the President! His name is Sir Death Emizel!

Oh...the kid we've beaten up twice now.. :geno:

Hmm...I guess I didn’t hide it well enough.
Then I apologize. I’m sorry.

Sorry about that.
I guess I was expecting a crazier twist…

As werewolves do. Fenrich immediately goes for the throat.

...Anyway, you two are surely exceeding your authoritative powers by promising to give these prisoners pardons…
I find it very hard to believe that failures like you were entrusted with such power by the corrupternment.
What do you say about that?

Huh…? W-well…

Failures…?
That’s not how they acted in front of us.

But, they don’t really look like they can actually grant us pardons…

Did they…
Lie to us!?

N-no way!
You WILL be granted pardons!
It’s an official promise by Sir Emizel, the President’s son! Don’t listen to them!

* whispers *
(Everything’ll work out fine, as long as we defeat those fools.)
(I’m sure your father will approve the pardons to reward them for stopping the anarchists.)
(Your rep will be restored, and you’ll probably even get a promotion.)

* whipsers *
(Y-yeah, you’re right. Okay, let’s do it…)

I guess that wasn’t enough to dissuade them…
Those two seem rather determined to do this.

Hmph!
You won’t be able to open that smartass mouth of yours for much longer!
Although their powers are restricted here, these prisoners are the brutal criminals in the Netherworld!
You guys are history!

Fighting against a former comrade…
What irony…!

That didn’t take much persuading…
Besides, you were the only one who was rambling about being comrades and whatnot…

We start on a very advantageous position. The blue panels around the Base Panels give a 50%+ attack boost. Most of the enemies on map the advance toward my units and get cut down. The stragglers are easily picked off. This is where I unlock some of the advanced classes and two additional tiers for existing units.

It's definitely the real Axel.

H-hey, Warden Axel!

...Rascal.
You’re free to use whatever tactics you so please, as long as you always keep your promise.
If the prisoners are able to successfully defeat us, you better keep your promise and grant them pardons.
You got that?

...The hell are you talking about?
Why do you care about a promise that can only be kept if you die?
Are you okay?

That’s my Lord’s strength and weakness.
You have no right to judge him.

You got that, rascal?
Keep the promise you made, or you will learn the true weight of a promise….through severe pain.

I will do nothing.
However, you will feel it in your heart.

What the hell do you mean by that!?
You’re like totally wack!

Hey…
Why are you so obsessed with keeping promises?
Did something happen in your past, or somethin’…?

You're so aggro Fenrich.

Oh, come on…
I’m just curious.

Mind your own business.

Grrr!
What’s your problem…!?

Let’s go.
Our priority now is to restore order to this place.

No, I believe that is beyond your scope of responsibilities as a Prinny Instructor.
But, I approve of this plan, since it would bring positive results.
...All is for my Lord.

Back to our mystery angel.

A renegade Archangel? That's been bad news in prior games.

Next time on Disgaea 4!: Unjust Imprisonment!

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

To be fair to Valvatorez, most of his everything including IQ is probably tied up in redirecting his vampiric bloodlust towards sardines.
But by the Netherworld he's a complete moron and we all love him for that.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Now on Disgaea 4!: Unjust Imprisonment!

Next mission and we run into another gang of convicts out to get us.

There they are!
The Prinny Instructor and his allies!
Let’s kill them and gain our freedom at last!

You guys want freedom that badly?
What are you gonna do once you’re free?

Get revenge, of course!
Against the corrupternment, for putting us in Hades!

Hmph.
If you commit a crime, you go to Hades.
You want to get revenge for you own mistakes?
Your desire is born of nothing but ignorance.

No!
We did the right thing!
But the corrupternment…!

Ooh, what was that?
What happened?

No, planting fear in humans is an exemplary action for all demons.
By doing so, humans learn respect, begin to live conservatively, and keep their world in order.
It’s an essential part of keeping a healthy relationship between demons and humans.
It’s the secret to keeping the universe in order.

Huh?
I didn’t know demons played such a role.
That’s cool.

Fenrich raises a good point here. The problems encountered in the Netherworld could have been chalked up to inaction on the part of the corrupternment.
Now we know it goes a step further and they are actively worsening the problem. The question is why?

So…?
Are we gonna fight them, even though they’re innocent?

Fenrich is a Werewolf who only trusts two things. His Lord and his fists.

No worries about the Geo Effects here. As they are EXP, HL, Mana, and Treasure boosters. The enemy units go down easily.

Has the rebellion in Hades been put down?

No, actually…

What now? Speak up.

Yes, sir…
We have received a letter from the rebel force…

No prizes for correctly guessing who sent that letter.

As you can see, it’s written with words that I couldn’t possibly say out load…
I’d like to obtain your official sanction to…

...Eliminate them.
They must all be wiped from existence.

A-are you certain of this?

Are you going to make me repeat myself?

U-understood…!
Your words shall be carried out to the rest of the Netherworld…!

Hello, new mystery man.

Oh, it’s you…

Hey, you don’t have to look so upset.
We’re supposed to support each other, right?

What are you doing here today?

Remember your conversation?
I came to get that thing, as promised.

Looks like the President isn't the man in charge after all.

Another easy map. The Geo Effect does 20% damage to units standing on it, so I cleared nearby enemies with ranged attacks.
Melee moved onto the single safe tiles and fought it out with anyone who came close.

Get ready now, guys!
You’re only one step away from receiving your pardons!

Do as you wish…
However, those are innocent prisoners who were put in Hades by the corrupternment, right?
How is it fair to use them by bribing them with pardons?
How can you live with yourself?

Th-they’re not innocent!
They were convicted by the corrupternment!
They’re nothing but criminals!

Bad call kid. You just gave Fenrich the opening he needed.

...Then consider what you’re doing.
You’re dealing with the corrupternment, who turned you into criminals in the first place.
Don’t you think it’s foolish to trust them to keep their promise?

Gh…!
Th-that’s…

What do you say?
Shall we join forces?

Join forces…?

Congrats on the news Val.

Why do you sound so surprised!?
Didn’t you know all about this!?

Of course her wasn’t aware of this.
I decided this for him at my own discretion.
My Lord proclaimed that he would beat the President and the corrupternment into shape, so I came up with my own plan of action.
What my Lord must do, I must also do. What I must do, my Lord must also do.
In other words, we are as one.
...That being said, there’s no problem with me making any of his decisions for him.

Indeed, as expected of you, Fenrich.
It’s quite considerate of you to come up with such an ambitious agenda for us.

Hmhmhm.
All is for my Lord…

Hey now no shaming.

So, what do you say, prisoners?
When we usurp this regime, you shall all be granted ranks and positions suitable to your service.

Hmph! Usurping the regime?
Who’d believe in such dreamy nonsense!?

Whoa, whoa, hey now.
This is my dream. Mine!
Where I become the President of the Netherworld.

E-enough of this!
My father would never be defeated by you peons!

He’s right.
How could a lowly Prinny Instructor possibly defeat the President?

Do you think you’ll ever get what you want by giving up so easily? You see, this is why you’re all nothing but side characters!

So what!?
Why don’t you show us what you’ve got then!?

Yeah, that’s right!
We’ll decide whether we want to join you after that!

...A-aside from that, please just prove to them you have the power to usurp the regime.

Since the Geo Blocks are right next to the Base Panel I just destroyed them. The Thieves here proved a little tricky due to their high dodge chance.

How could a mere Prinny Instructor possess so much power?

Don’t be so surprised…
Who do you think the man who stands before you is?
Being a Prinny Instructor was just a disguise…

Tyrant Valvatorez!
The Bloodthirsty King of Fear!

You mean, the Blood-soaked Valvatorez of Absolute Evil!?
The King of Carnage and Atrocity!?

Hmph…
I had almost forgotten about all of those old aliases… Those were cute.

Huh?
… I didn’t know you were so famous around here.
Hey, wait a second!
Don’t try to steal the spotlight in my dream!

Tyrant Valvatorez…!
I thought he was just a Prinny Instructor…
I can’t believe it…!
I never woulda imagined my childhood hero had become a Prinny Instructor…

I heard he went missing after he lost all his power…
I didn’t know he was still around…
Usurping the regime…
He might actually be able to pull it off…

Wait!
There’s still no proof that he’s the real Valvatorez!
I mean, sure he showed us his power, but…

He didn’t put that on his resume when he was applying for the Prinny Instructor position!
He’s a fraud!
What are you gonna do, Warden Axel!?
Should you go along with him, or should you keep sucking up to the corrupternment!?

Axel....You've said all that out loud.

Warden Axel!
Are you gonna betray me!?

Ahahaha…! O-oh please, young master!
You’re just hearing things!
We made a vow to each other as comrades! Why would I ever betray you?
To prove it, I’ve got one last ace up my sleeve, in case of an emergency!
Right this way, young master!

W-wait…!
I hope he’s not thinking about releasing the seal of the forbidden chamber…!

The forbidden chamber!? He better not!
If he releases that monster, this place...no, the entire Netherworld will be destroyed!

I’ve heard about the occupant of the forbidden chamber, but how bad can it be?

It must be pretty bad if all those brutal criminals are scared of it…
...Hmhm♥ I’m kinda excited♪

Hmph…
No monster or beast can stop me.

I actually got beaten on the first try of this map. Every enemy unit is standing on a Geo Panel that has 20% HP Recovery and Attack +1. The latter meaning they attack twice per turn.
They do not move off these positions, so my melee units had to close in under a hail of gunfire. My Red Skull was not much help here as every enemy unit had 50% resistance to fire damage.

So I made a Blue Skull and leveled him up to exploit their weakness to ice damage.

Stricter security, huh?
There must be one hell of a demon in there…
So, what would that requirement be?

You must be equipped with an item that is Level 10 or higher.
You will have to go to the Item World in order to improve an item to such a level.
The Item World of a higher ranked item will be filled with stronger enemies.
Compared to you power when you used to be a tyrant, the Item World of a Common Sword should be the most suitable for you.

Hmph...say as you wish…
Fine, to the Item World of a Common Sword.

Lord Val, here are some unpretentious gifts from myself to you…

[Tutorial: Mr. Gency Exit]
Please use this item in the Item World to instantly return to base.
With this item, you will be able to start over exactly from where you left off.
Please use it wisely.

I've already dived down 10 levels in the Item World, so we can proceed right away. Thanks for the free stuff though Fenrich!

We may now access to the forbidden chamber, thanks to your Level 10 item.
The area can now be accessed at any time, even without a Level 10 item.
Shall we get going now?

I can’t believe how securely this place is locked up…
I can’t wait to see what’s in there.

It shall be used as our foothold for further invasions, from our proletariat seat of power to the very executive office of the President.
Cease this futile battle now. Upon your surrender, we may or may not grant you a valid position as well.

Fenrich's unexpectedly well read to be using such a term a "proletariat" in the context of waging revolution.

I think that would suit him

Dammit! You know what!?
Screw you guys! I wanna see you try to talk like that after you see what’s behind this barrier!
Are you sure about this, Warden…!?
Wh-what’s gonna happen now…?

Everything’ll be fine, young master!
We’ll quell these anarchists together and earn our reputations back!
Then I’ll get promoted to a higher position than Hades’ Warden, and eventually…

Hmm. The Final Weapon sounds awfully like a little girl trying to sound tough.

I'm not even surprised. She was on the cover of the game.

S-she’s…?

The final weapon…?

The final boss already?
This is so lame!
Wait a second…
Have I seen her before…?

Now come and challenge me, hero!
I’ll implant the grimmest despair into the deepest pit of your soul!
Hmhmhm-hahahahahaha…!

Before we start, let me tell you something.
I...am not a hero!

* cough * Gh…ugh…!
Y-you’re not a hero…?
So, you’re not Desco’s enemy?

Desco drops her "I'm scary" voice and reverts into a normal little girl's voice.

Yes, he is! They’re all your enemies!
Go ahead and give them despair or whatever it is you do!

And who are you?

It looks like the Final Weapon and the Warden are an even match on the power scale.
If the scale is measuring emotional maturity...

That’s the monster that all the prisoners were so scared of…?
I don’t understand…

Hmm…
Seriously, I think I’ve seen her before…
But I can’t remember where…

A final boss is supposed to fight a hero.
I’m not gonna waste my time on some peons.

Ugh! Stop complaining!
Just follow orders and get rid of them! Like any final boss would do!

https://i.imgur.com/IJrWuK5.mp4

I don't think he's walking that one off.

Axxxelll!!!

...He died again.

No…!
Warden Axel…!

Ah, now I remember!
She’s the monster who attacked me!

What!?
Are you saying she’s the one who killed you and sent you to Hades!?

I’m not dead!
I bet this nightmare was caused by her knocking me unconscious!

Oh! It’s her…
Desco must impress her!
Are you ready…?
Hmhmhm-hahahahahaha!
Fear me, you fools!
And realize that only heroes can defeat a final boss!

Ahh! What!? Don’t look at me!
Stop! I’m the son of the President!

Hmhmhm-hahahahahaha!
Disappear!

H-help…
Someone, help me!

Val sprints forward and blocks the blow.

The kid faints from the stress.

...You, Desco.
If you want to call yourself a final boss, then keep this in mind.
A strong defense is fundamental!
You must first receive your opponents’ attacks in a dignified manner!

R-really!?
Desco had no idea!

Exampling good game design isn't a biased opinion Fenrich. Stick to your lane as a revolutionary.

But a final boss must annihilate every single living creature!
That’s what it said in the textbook that Desco’s daddy gave her!

Here we go! The final boss!

Alternative Ending: Desco Victorious.

How was that!?
Do you admit that Desco is the final boss now?
...Big Sis!

Big...Sis?
Are you talking to me?

What!?
Is she your sister!?

No way! I’m an only child!
Plus, she’s the one who attacked me before I was knocked unconscious!

Is she…!? No…!

More! And more!
Desco will kill everyone!
Hmhmhm-hahahahaha!

This is bad…!!
Hey! Stop that thing, lass!
Just admit that she’s your sister!

I...I can’t do that!
She’s gross!
This dream sucks!
I don’t care anymore!
Go ahead, Desco! Destroy everything!
Get ’em all!

Lass! Calm down!
Just...eat some sardines, and...

To hell with sardines!
Bring on some sweets, I say!
Oh, and a pretty boy in a button-down shirt!

..This is over.

Not as bad as the last few endings, but I think we can do better.

It's a fitting arena for a final boss. No Ranged forces us to push in close, Disperse Damage and No Entry mean Desco can fire at us with long range skills and hit everyone who gets to close.
I'm not really sure if the No Entry Block breaks after 9 turns since it has a 9 on it or if throwing the Red Block onto the Disperse Damage panels and breaking that did it. Either way Desco alone is match for the eight units arrayed against them.

Tyrant Valvatorez…!
He is for real…!
How in Hades did he regain his power, which legend says he lost!?

Of course.

Sardines…?

Absolutely.
You guys should indulge in them, as well.
They will make you stronger.

D-desco...lost!
Desco lost against an enemy who wasn’t even a hero…!
S-so...does that mean...that Desco isn’t a final boss after all…?
Is she going to be abandoned, again?

What? Did you say abandoned?

Ugh...* sob * Yes…
Desco was cast out of the Human World and abandoned...because she’s useless…

The Human World!?

You mentioned something earlier about being the final weapon…
Were you, by any chance created by a human?

Yes.
Desco’s daddy is a human.

Created...by a human? I mean…
Th-th-th-that is absolutely absurd!

Ah!

And what is the corrupternment doing, allowing the humans to pursue such madness!?
What is the President thinking!?

Wait. Where is Axel's body?

Yes, my Lord.
And I believe that usurping the regime is the key to doing both.

Hmph! Indeed!
Then I accept this duty placed before me!
Prinnies, demons, or humans!
I will turn their worlds into Hades to teach them all a good lesson!

Bravo! Your wish is my command.
...However, that name sounds a bit too staightforward.
We should discuss this later…

Come with me, Desco.

Huh? B-but Desco...isn’t really a final boss…

Indeed, you are not.
You’re still too inadequate to be a final boss.
But I will train you so that one day, you will make a magnificent final boss.

But...Desco was defeated…
How can a defeated final boss ever become a magnificent final boss…?

Do not be ashamed of your loss.
There are tons of final bosses out there who have climbed their way back after a defeat.
Besides, only those who have experienced failure and downfall can become stronger.

Really!?
So...so should Desco let go of her shame that came with her defeat?

Yes.
So long as you get right back up after a defeat, you’ll be fine.

...Will Desco be able to fight a final battle against a hero someday?

I have no doubt about that.
When you become a magnificent final boss, and spread your evilness, a hero will surely confront you.

...Will Desco be able to pull off three transformations and bribe the hero by offering them half of the world?

I'm pretty sure the first half of the above line is a reference to Dragonball and the latter half is definitely a reference to Dragon Quest I.

Of course.
If you can keep up with my training, I promise to push you until you obtain the power of a worthy final boss.
So, Desco…
Come with me!

Okay!
Desco promises to follow you until she is ready to become a magnificent final boss!

My Lord…
There goes another one of your promises…

Welcome aboard!

N-no way!
She attacked me!
How can I be on the same team as some-

Desco is gonna become a magnificent final boss.
I hope I will have you blessings, Big Sis!

B-big Sis!?

Yes, Desco’s Big Sis!

Oh, she’s you younger sister?
You two better get along then.

Absolutely not!
Do you see any family resemblance between us two!?
She said she was created by humans!

But you were created by humans as well, correct?

Y-yeah, but I’m the product of the love between my mom and dad…
And how dare you make me say that!?

Um, guys!
They even scouted the final boss into being their teammate…!

I’m starting to think this regime usurpation thing could actually happen…!

Oh, oops! I almost forgot about him…
Hey, you’re coming with us, too…

Huh? Where to…?
Nevermind, that doesn’t matter…
Why do I gotta tag along with you guys!?

Why?
Don’t you know what’s going on right now?

Shame. He was so young too.

Huuuhhh!?
What the hell is this!?

Your father must be very upset to hear about this news.
You should come along to relieve his heart as soon as possible. Hmhmhm…

Next time on Disgaea 4! : Identity Crisis & Fake News!

OhFunny fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Nov 9, 2022

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
Is Desco an engrishy play on 'death girl'?

If only the world focused as much on fish stock research as it does on weapons...

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Decoy Badger posted:

Is Desco an engrishy play on 'death girl'?

If only the world focused as much on fish stock research as it does on weapons...

I think you're right and it is a play on words.

In Japanese her name is デスコ. デス together means death and コ means girl or child.

This is what tens of minutes of exhaustive online research tells me. Since I don't know any Japanese beyond being able to count upward to ten thanks to karate lessons when I was younger.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Welp, we have no need for other characters anymore. Fire all the generics.

New party member mechanics:

just kidding, we need 1 more person to stand next to her and a monster to make her all biggly.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Well we got the son and his ultimate weapon so I think things are looking up for our ragtag rebellion group

Takil
Jan 9, 2019
I love Desco so much. I love all the main characters in this game, although Fenrich is my least favourite, just because of how one-note he can be.

Welcome to the team, Desco! Your path to destruction starts when OhFunny starts abusing Magichange tactics!

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

OhFunny posted:

I'm pretty sure the first half of the above line is a reference to Dragonball and the latter half is definitely a reference to Dragon Qeust I.

The first half absolutely is a direct reference to Frieza and his 4 total forms on Namek. When this game released golden Frieza was still some years away IIRC.

The weirdness of the series is simply fantastic at times. Yup, now the party got a sweet and wholesome girl whose ambition is becoming an Evil* final boss, and Valvatorez's reaction is to think up a training regiment, Lawful Evil* morality lessons included :allears:

*in the series, "Evil" need not be actually evil and by the same token "Good" need not be actually good.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Now on Disgaea 4! : Identity Crisis & Fake News!

I can’t believe they announced that I died…

Sardines are not Clupeinae!
The are Clupeiformes Clupeoidei, to be specific!

Who cares!?

Although, Japanese sardines and round herrings are Clupeidae…
And Japanese anchovies belong to the Engraulidae gang!

The hell!?

Desco will be showing off!

I’m alive!
But how…?
Don’t you think that’s weird!?

Why do I hafta let some crazy person, who attacked me earlier, follow me around and call me her big sister!?

In fact, this is the first time Desco has ever met you!

Huh!? Now I’m even more confused!
I’ve heard of love at first sight, but sister at first sight?
Nuh-uh! Not gonna do it!

Fuka be nice to your Little Sis! :mad:

Shut up! Nobody cares!
They killed me off without my consent!
Doesn’t that bother anyone!?

The news reports state that all of the rebels in Hades were executed by the task force.
There’s nothing in here but lies…

It’s says, “Primy” instead!
...What is going on here!?
As a Prinny Instructor, I cannot let this travesty slide!

...So you’re more concerned about a typo than falsely reporting that I died…?

Listen kid, false news is just a reality. Typos? That's just shoddy craftsmanship.

It’s hard to believe that the Information Bureau would make such a careless mistake…
They pride themselves on reporting the facts.

The corrupternment must be using the Information Bureau to alter facts to their advantage.
What should we do, my Lord?

Bring them under our control?
Are you stupid!? That’s impossible!
It’s located in a low-level demon area, but the corrupternment uses the Bureau to control and regulate the flow of information.
They’re like...the CIA or MI6!
They’ve got intense security and besides the staff, only the highest officials are allowed to enter!

So, that means you can get in there, right?

Of course I can!
Who do you think am!?

Then we don’t have a problem.
This is our Lord’s command.
Take us there, Rascal P. Coltrane.

That last line is a reference to the character Sheriff Rosco P. Coltrane from the popular TV show The Dukes of Hazard. Who knew Frenrich would be a fan?

That’s even more of a reason for you to go.
Seeing you alive should be more than enough proof for them to correct their false reports.

I see… You’re right!
I can prove to them that I’m still alive!
...Fine, I don’t have a choice!
Sir Death Emizel will take you there!

Not as usable party member though! He really is useless.

Oh?
That’s rather considerate for a Prinny.

It’s a sexy song with lyrics about Lord Valvatorez’s heroic image, dood!
It really helps motivate all of us!
We’re ready to help out, dood!

A song to celebrate our new party, huh?
Not bad…

Desco is our lone Monster party member and she is a powerhouse. She starts off with an Evility that boosts her ATK 20% (to a max of 100%) per adjacent ally.
At Level 25 she can be equipped with an Evility that boosts her stats 20% when her HP drops below 66% and again below 33%.
At Level 50 she can be equipped with an Evility that boosts her base power of her skills and attacks by 50% at the cost reducing her Mana gain 70%.

More cutscenes play when we talk to Meaver to advance to the next episode.

Hey…
Seriously, can you stop calling me “Big Sis”?

Huh…?

I mean, I wanted a little sister when I was younger…
But I really can’t accept having some gross-looking monster for a sister, even if it is just a dream.

You're way over the line here Fuka!

D...D…

And now who've made you're little sister cry, nice Fuka. You jerk.

Desco is glad that we finally got to meet each other!
Desco will do her best to become a final boss, so please don’t hate her!

H-hey! Oh, come on!
Why are you crying over this? Stop it!
You’re making it look like this is my fault!

:haibrow:

What!? Is everyone blaming this on me!?
She’s the bad guy here!
She attacked-

We must unite as one if we are to accomplish our goal of usurping the regime.
It’s a tactic that the humans call teamwork.
As long as you belong to this new party, I won’t allow any dissension among the ranks.
Even if you hate each other, just get along.

Even if we hate each other…?
Is there any point to that?

Of course there is.

Y-you seem pretty confident…
...Fine.
I don’t want you to keep crying, so I give you permission to call me “Big Sis” while we’re in my dream.

Really!?
Desco is so happy!

Got that!?
If you follow this rule, then you can call me Big Sis.

Okay!
If Big Sis says that crows are white, then Desco will go paint them all white!

Good!

Well, that’s settled!
Now, let’s go invade the Information Bureau!

If you consider this “settled”…
All is for my Lord…

Ahh…
It’s been a while since I’ve smelt the foul air of the Netherworld.
The sounds of screams echoing in the distance, the blood-soaked ground, the warm air…
Ahh, the sweet memories.

Yes, the first time we met…
During the golden age, when my Lord reigned over this world as its tyrant…
This place hasn’t changed a bit…

Urgh! Enough of this sappy crap!
We need to hurry up and correct the false news reports!

Desco, listen up.
If you wanna keep being my little sister, you need to act more girly.

Girly…?
But Desco wants to be a final boss…

Yeah, but that doesn’t change the fact that you’re a girl.
I don’t wanna have a tomboy for a sister.

O-oh, okay!
Then, Desco will be girly!

Good. Then let’s start with skin care.
UV rays are your biggest enemy.
Make sure you’re careful about that, okay?

Yes, Big Sis!
Desco thought that heroes were her only biggest enemies, but Desco will add UV rays to her list as well!

The hell’re you two talking about…?

I guess this is an improvement for Fuka when it comes to sisterly relations?

No matter how small or strong they are, no demon can crack their security.
It’s pretty much impossible.

They still couldn’t do it.
Have you heard of the Angel of Avarice?
She can’t even get through here.

Angel of Avarice?
Who is that?

It’s a name that was given to a thief who apparently is an angel that steals from major banks and wealthy families.

An angel thief?
What has the world come to?
It’s a good thing this is just a dream…

The Human World is definitely on the verge of its final corruption.
Celestia must be going broke, since few humans have faith these days.

ANYWAY...we successfully made it through the security system, which even that angel couldn’t get through…
And it’s all thanks to me! Hmph!
Feel free to thank me all you want now!

Yeah, but I’m not dead!
Soon, everyone will see that I’m still alive, and everything’ll get all ironed out!

Aww, please wait everyone!
A final boss can’t walk so briskly…
It’s one of Desco’s weakness…

That's ok Desco. Final Bosses should never move faster than a slow, intimidating stride. Some Final Bosses don't even move at all!

Hmm...this Prinny sounds very different from the ones we've heard speak before.

I’m on the staff here, dood.
So, please excuse me now, dood.

Oh, sure.
Desco better hurry, too.

You guys look rather suspicious!
How did you get inside the building!?

Desco is not suspicious.
She’s just a girl who’s training to become a final boss.

Yeah!
How could you accuse us pretty girls of being suspicious!?
Are you blind!?

Glad Fuka doesn't think Desco is gross anymore.

I’m not a pretty girl, but I came here to complain about an article you bastards wrote!
There’s a typo! Fix it immediately!

N-no, just forget these idiots!
H-hey! Take a close look at me!
I’m Sir Death Emizel, the President’s one and only son!
As you can see, I’m still alive!

Our orders are to eliminate any suspicious individual on sight!
Everyone, get in position!

H-hey! Wait! Listen to me!
I’m the Netherworld President’s only-

Nonsense!
Our duty is to remove all intruders!

Dammit! What’s going on!?
How could this happen!?

On this map each of the colored Geo Panels is a No Entry affect. So we have to snake our way around the map while destroying the Geo Blocks to open to way.
Since our group has a bunch of ranged skills we only have to reach the middle to clear every enemy unit out.

Shall we continue?
Let’s fight until we can come to terms.
I can go all night if we have to.

H-hey! Hold up!
Stop fighting and listen to me!
I’m the Netherworld President’s only son, Sir Death Emizel!
I’m the boss of all of you!

...Huh? Emizel?
I read an article that said he’s dead.
I even heard they already had the funeral.

Funeral!? Nooo!

That was rather prompt…
I’m impressed.

What difference does it make if they’re interested or not!?
I’m not dead!
I’m still alive!
Why don’t you believe me!?
Why’s it so hard to believe that the news was wrong!?

I don’t know…
If the President’s son was still alive, don’t you think they would’ve mentioned it in the newspaper?

S-so, you guys only believe what you read in the newspaper!?

Yeah! Do you really think the a corrupternment would allow that? Just let or order a newspaper to just print lies?

Harsh, but he is such a loving loser.

Are you really the President’s son?
Desco starting to wonder…

Shut up!
This must be a mistake!

...Well, see ya.
We have to go report the intruders to our higher-ups.

H-hey, wait…!

Have they given up the ability to view reality with their own eyes, or to think with their own brains?

Unfortunately, that’s bound to happen to the masses.
That’s the reason information can be so easily manipulated.
It’s pathetic…
Any source of information can alter the truth to their advantage, and conceal or change any news that’s harmful to them…
Any information that is floating around the Netherworld nowadays can be overwritten by the corrupternment to their favor.

This part sure has aged like fine wine since the game released in 2011.

Dammit…!
I’m not gonna stay dead!
They will believe me…!
They will know that I’m alive!

Rascal, your very existence is a fact.
Go out there with confidence.

I-I know that, dammit…
Just watch me! I got this!
Can’t you see this, you low-class demons!?
Look at the skull mark on my hood!
This proves that I’m Death Emizel, the only son of the President of the Netherworld!
Right here! Me! I’m Sir Emizel! Look! I’m still alive!

Aww, Desco is jealous.
She wants her own trademark, too.

N-no way… Sir Emizel..!?

Yes, it’s me!
Cool, they finally believe me!

Psych!
Did you really think I’d fall for that!?
How dare you tarnish the name of poor, dead Sir Emizel?
You impudent brat!

Hey!
But I am Emizel!
See!? The skull!?

...That looks too generic.
I don’t think they’re gonna buy it.

Hmm, so a trademark should be unique.
Desco will take note of that.

A Final Boss becoming a brand or icon can result in it returning in multiple installments of a series!

You were killed once by their false news, and now they’ll kill you for a false crime.
Are you going to allow that, rascal?

Shut up!
And stop calling me rascal! I’m Death Emizel!
Fine…
I’m gonna prove to them that I’m still alive, even if I have to drill it into their brains!

...Hmph
That’s the spirit, rascal.

How thoughtful of you…
You possess such an undemonlike quality.
It is one of your formidable powers…

Twelve Ninjas on this map. They have high evade and a high chance to counter.
I just turtled up near my Base Panel with melee units on the parameter and magic/ranged units inside. The fight wasn't much of a problem

You don’t have to say it like that!
You’re the one who told me I could clear up the false news if I came here!

Well, I lied.
Now that we’ve gotten past their security system, we don’t need you anymore.

S-so, you were only using me!?

You're not very bright huh kid?

That’s right.
You were used to further the achievements of our Lord’s regime usurpation.
You should be honored.

Grrr!
You tricky bastard!

Hmhmhm, you’re flattering me.

Once that’s complete, we can easily correct the false news.

I-I see!
Then, we just have to defeat the Chief of the Bureau…
...Wait.
That’s right! The Chief!
I just have to talk to her!
The lackeys only know what the newspaper tells them, but the Chief should be another story!
I’m gonna let her know that I’m still alive!
She should be able to overturn the false news!

Let's not rule anything out just yet Fuka! There's plenty of room for emotionally traumatic reveals ahead!

Next time on Disgaea 4!: A Traumatic Reveal!

OhFunny fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Nov 10, 2022

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Ah, Disgaea stories always become more enjoyable once there are more strongly-characterized people in the party bouncing off of each other. And the Hades Party is one of the best protagonist teams for that in the series.

MayOrMayNotBeACat
Jul 22, 2017

OhFunny posted:

Then we don’t have a problem.
This is our Lord’s command.
Take us there, Rascal P. Coltrane.

That last line is a reference to the character Sheriff Rosco P. Coltrane from the popular TV show The Dukes of Hazard. Who knew Frenrich would be a fan?

OhFunny posted:

Are you really the President’s son?
Desco starting to wonder…

Some misattributed lines here.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

MayOrMayNotBeACat posted:

Some misattributed lines here.

Ah darn.

Fixed now. Thanks for pointing them out.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Ah, I forgot how great Fuka and Desco are as a duo.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

The crazy older sister and the enabling supporting younger sister. They really bounce off each other very well.

They're a decent duo in gameplay too, Fuuka is an axe wielder and Desco's magichange is an axe.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Now on Disgaea 4!: A Traumatic Reveal!

Hmm...that sneaking Prinny again.

No, my Lord.
That was probably just all in your head.

...Hmm, in that case, it’s fine.

Are you the ones who were tarnishing our dearly departed Sir Emizel’s name!?

Bastards…
You fools are all being blinded by the newspaper’s lies!
I won’t forget this!
I’ll prove that I’m still alive once I get to talk to the Chief!
I’m gonna report this to my father and you’ll all get busted down to the mail room!

Using your father’s name again?
So pathetic…

He’s acting like a spoiled peon.
Being around him is bad for Desco’s final boss training.

Sometimes learning what not to do is a valuable lesson too Desco.

Or did you come here to reclaim your identity as your father’s son?

What!? For both, of course!
My existence and my identity as the President’s son come as a set!

Is that so?
Haven’t you realized that your existence can easily be erased without your identity?
Why don’t you leave your father’s protection behind, stand up for your own free will, and take a step forward with your own two feet?
It’s the only way you’ll ever be able to prove you exist.

...Sh-shut up!
I don’t need to be preached to by a Prinny Instructor!
I’m the Netherworld President’s only son!
I’m gonna report you all to my father to receive severe punishment!

Hmph...severe punishment.
Good luck with that.

This map is rather tedious. We have five Ninjas atop three blocks that have an invincibility effect.
What we have to do is take the the Geo Blocks near the Base Panel and use them to destroy the two lower blocks on the tower.
We then take what was the top block and use that to destroy the two lower blocks of the next tower. Until we reach the top of the map.

So, couldn’t the false news have been spread intentionally?

Wh-what, what did you say…?

(Hmph, I didn’t expect that idiot to notice.)

Do you think...that you may’ve already been abandoned by your dad?

Wh-what are you talking about?
I’m his only son! Father would never…!

But you’re kind of a failure.

Gh…!
Th-that’s not my fault!

Oh well.
I think this experience will help you grow stronger, anyway.
I was pretty much neglected growing up, too.
Kids grow up to be tougher when they have harsher upbringings, ya know?

You say that so casually…
Were you abandoned, too?

Uh huh.
I mean, it was basically the same thing.
He’s the worse dad ever…

Big Sis…

Yes, my Lord.
However, I’m not sure if this is the kind of bond we’re looking for…

We're going to working though a lot of parental issues here for our younger party members, huh?

...Hold on.
I didn’t say I was abandoned just yet…

This is a simple Geo puzzle. The challenge is doing it in few enough turns to get to the legendary chests behind the final wall before they are destroyed.
Those are optional though, so no pressure.

Star Skull was unlocked here now that we've gotten our Fire & Ice Skulls to a collective level of 50. This guy is going to be one of our powerhouses.
As no unit in Disgaea 4 has resistance against Star magic.

I’ll be fine…
Father would never abandon me…
There’s gotta be a reasonable explanation…

Y-you…!
Not only did you lie to me, but now you’re giving me a lot of attitude!
You better show me some respect!

The only person I show respect to is Lord Valvatorez.
No one else, not even the President, is worthy of my respect.
Do you understand, whelp?

Grrr…!
I’m telling Father about this!

Big Sis…?
Do you really think Daddy abandoned you?

Do I think?
I know he abandoned me. He hasn’t come home in over two years!
Since Mom died, I’m the only family he’s got.
How could he leave such an adorable daughter all alone every day!?
Can you believe that?
He even knows that my school is, like, two feet away from his office, and he still never comes by to say hi to me!
Does he think he’s not a deadbeat dad, just because he sends me money?
I can’t approve of a father like that!

Big Sis…

(No…
I’ll never approve to him…!)

An interesting map. The aqua Geo Panels prevent lifting and the red Geo Panels in the back deal 20% HP damage to our units who stand on them.
Like the last map the real challenge is going to extra mile and grabbing those four chests seen in the upper left.
The blue and yellow Geo Blocks boost your units' jump, as they while they can jump down, they cannot jump back up without the blocks.
Ignoring them you can just walk in a circle around the center area and pick off enemies with ranged attacks.

I assume it’s not good, judging from the tone of your voice.

I’ve received a report that claims Sir Emizel is among the group of invaders…

Oh…?
I hope he’s there to show his backbone…
...But it’s probably safer to assume the invaders are just using him.
Their threatening letter and the progress they’ve made so far…
They must have brought some excellent forces to help them.

Your previous order has been delivered to all of our members.
Are there any other prob-?

No. Execute the order.
Emizel will…

You shouldn’t treat him like he’s just another rebel.

...What do you want now?

I just had an interesting thought.
There is a way to quickly wrangle total obedience out of every demon in the Netherworld.
You know, those rebels seem to be bothering you quite a bit.

Oh? I wonder how such a plan could be carried out.

Just think of this brilliant idea as a gift from me to you.
Hmhmhmhmhm.

Are you the Chief?
I’m bringing this Bureau under our party’s control.
You should now obey me.
Otherwise, we will use force-

Chief! You recognize me, right!
I’m the President’s son, Death Emizel!
I’m still alive!
Can you retract the news of my death right away!? Please!

What!?

See? Told you so.
You don’t have to act so surprised.
We all knew this was gonna happen.

Big Sis is right!
We really should’ve taught him a lesson by inflicting trauma…

Desco. A final boss knows that emotional trauma can be much worse than physical trauma. Observe.

We printed the article about your death under orders of the corrupternment.
We can’t retract it, even if you wish us to.

Not even if that person comes and asks?
I can’t believe this…
Th-then...can you tell my father that I’m here!?
Then he’ll-

The President was made aware of the situation quite a while ago.

Huh?
What do you mean…?

Along with a note that read, “If you want to keep this video of your pathetic son out of the public eye, stay out of my Lord’s way.”

That’s blackmail! Oh mah gawd!
That’s so nasty! You monster!

It’s a reasonable, yet effective negotiation strategy.
Bring the advantage to your side before the battle starts.
It’s a basic tactic.

Th-then, Father knew I was alive…

That’s correct.
He issued that article knowing that you were still alive.
It’s just like a lizard discards its tail to evade danger.
Your father is pretty good…

Don’t let this bring you down!
Big Sis and Desco are in the same boat.

Y-yeah!
Kids don’t need their parents to grow up!
So, don’t give up on yourself just yet!

Heh, hehe…
I-it’s not like I was in complete denial about this earlier…
There’s no way that Father wouldn’t know about a news article that was issued by the corrupternment.
But...but…
I-I just didn’t wanna believe it…
Ugh… * sob *

See Desco. You can pinpoint the exact moment his little heart breaks.

To uphold the tenets of the Information Bureau, we can’t allow someone who has been reported dead to run around.
We have to protect our credibility at all costs…
Sir Emizel, are you prepared?

The IB takes it's reporting very seriously. Instead of issuing corrections in print to match reality; it corrects the reality to match the printed news.

Does your existence completely rely on your identity as the President’s son after all?

B-but…
Father discarded his only son…
I guess he got tired of me, since as Death, I have yet to take a single human soul…

Would you prefer to die?

...Die? Me?
Right now? No…!
N-no way!

Then fight.
You died once, so fight back as if you were still dead.

That mmm...well close enough yeah?

That sounded like you were making a righteous comment, but something’s wrong…

Fight…?
Against what!?

Your daddy, of course.

We may have different goals, but we’re all rebels from Hades who wish to take over the regime.
We else would we fight?

The time has come for you to make a decision, rascal.
If you choose to die here, I won’t stop you.
If you choose to live and prove you exist, then come with me.

Ugh…!
I-I…!
I…!!

This was a tough map that I lost on the first try. The red Geo Panels are wrap panels, the blue panels the enemies are standing on give a 50% boost to ATK, and the aqua Geo Block boosts Evade.
The enemies on the blue panels are also on a higher platform and many have ranged weapons, so they can fire down on us. The enemies on the red panels use Fusion and become rather tanky.
Luckily our Warrior was wrapped to right atop the wrap Geo Block and we can throw the evade Geo Block over the gap and then onto the blue Geo Panels. We then destroy it and the chain reaction of the three Geo Blocks blows off 75% of the Ninjas HP, 50% of the Dragons, and about 10% of the Chief's.
She still hits very hard and can hit multiple units close together, so even with the advantage of the Geo Chain Reaction. We only win with 4 units still standing.

Some more classes unlocked here too.

I control every bit of information!
Therefore, if I don’t acknowledge that I lost, then it means that I didn’t lose!

Is that...your own personal form of denial?

You’re wrong! It’s a fact!
The information that I release becomes the reality of the Netherworld!

But you lost, so you’re in denial.
That’s not very final bosslike.

You’re wrong!
As long as I don’t admit it, the fact that I allegedly lost doesn’t exist!

...Have it your way.
I shall simply be forced to destroy you over and over again.

What…?

Hu-hundreds...th-thous-

Don’t underestimate my persistence.
I’ll give you the real Hades treatment until your soul is broken.
Over and over, forever.

F-forever…?

Wow, how former tyrantly of you…
I could really feel the weight of your threat.
Yes!
I learned a very valuable lesson!
* scribble * *scribble *

Tyrant…!?
And that power…
By any chance, are you Tyrant Valvatorez?

A-and…what would such a tyrant be up to now?
What is your objective?

Hmph.
I thought you’d never ask…

“We are the rebels of Hades who have stepped forward to usurp the regime.”
“We will send this rotten corrupternment and its President crashing down, bring Hades to this world and teach everyone a lesson.”

Aaand, I’m gonna be the new President.

Desco is gonna be the final boss.

...And?
What about you, rascal?

I...never once thought about who I really was…
I always thought I deserved to be respected and obeyed, just because I was the son of the President…
But when they announced that I was dead, I lost that identity and realized something for the very first time…
I failed all of my tasks, and as Death, I’ve never even taken anyone’s life.
Yeah, that’s right, I’m a complete failure.

That is absolutely correct.

Good job!
You’ve got yourself down pat.

That’s an impressive self-analysis.
You deserve praise for that.

You really missed the mark on when to inflict him with that trauma...

What are you? Monsters?
Let him finish what he has to say.
...Go on, rascal.

Okay…
Anyway, I’m fully aware of all that now.
But...that’s why…
I wanna earn the recognition I deserve with my own power.
Emizel, the President’s son, who used to ride his father’s coattails is indeed dead forever.
From now on, I’m gonna carve out a life of my own as Death Emizel.
And that...is my final answer.
When I’ve become a great demon who Pops would be proud of…that’s when I’m gonna let the entire world know that I’m alive!
...Until that day comes, I don’t care if everyone thinks I’m dead.

So, you will become a full demon on your own merits, rascal?
Do you promise, right here, right now?

That’s right.
Otherwise you will learn the full weight of a promise through severe pain.
Will you still make that promise?

I can, and I will!
I will become a great demon all on my own!

Good. That’s what I like to hear, rascal.
Now, become an official member of our party and fight to usurp the regime.
In time, you will be able to challenge your father for superiority.

W-well, I don’t really intend to have to be superior to my father…

Death Emizel is a magic user that can wield Fire, Ice, and Wind magic.
He basically obsoletes the lower tier Skulls/Mages who can only specialize in one of these elements.

Oh...it's that Prinny has sounds like a certain pink haired person.

37,654 HL that drained into the Netherworld due to the Information Bureau neglecting its responsibilities.
53,181 HL for damages caused in Celestia by concealing, forging, and manipulating information.
Plus, all other illegally obtained profit…
I’m here to collect a grand total of 1,192,296 HL. Uh, dood.

You…
That awkwardly placed “dood”…
You’re not a real Prinny, are you?
You can’t deceive an experienced Prinny Instructor with that farce!
Reveal yourself!

Hmhmhm…
You are correct.
Not bad…

There’s an angel inside that Prinny!?

Could she be the Angel of Avarice…!?

How about Vulcanus?

Those who played Disgaea 1 will recognize the name Vulcanus. Although this angel is not the same as the one in that game.

How could you…!?
What are you doing in the Netherworld…!?

Wait. I thought her name was Vulcanus?

Next time on Disgaea 4!: The Angel of Avarice...

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
The drama never stops in Disgaea!

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

What are you doing in the Netherworld?! You died!
-A man that literally trained the souls of the dead for a living.

dotchan
Feb 28, 2008

I wanna get a Super Saiyan Mohawk when I grow up! :swoon:

FoolyCharged posted:

What are you doing in the Netherworld?! You died!
-A man that literally trained the souls of the dead for a living.

To be fair, he totally expects her to be in the other place.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Now on Disgaea 4!: The Angel of Avarice...

Who is she!? You called her Artina!
What do you mean, you thought she was dead!?

Sardines, again!?

He's coping by focusing on something else Fuka.
Wait... has that been what he's been doing this whole time with the sardine thing?

But they do smell bad!
They’re like super fishy! Who can stand that smell anyway?

Just rinse them really well, and you will taste just how great these fish are!

So you have to be tricked into eating them…?

Next time: Episode 5, “A Tyrant’s Pain: Do Japanese Sardines Have Blue Backs?”
Don’t forget the fishy smell!

The more fat on a fish, the more fishier it’ll smell!

I’m not tired, I could never eat too many sardines, and the bones have already been taken care of.
I’m just thinking over some things. Can you be quiet for a while?

Th-thinking things over? You?
Have you ever done anything that wasn’t spontaneous? This isn’t like you!

Hey, you!
Come over here!

Wh-what is it!? Hey, stop pulling me!

You idiot! Don’t you get it?
He’s thinking about that angel girl!

The angel…?
You mean the Angel of Avarice?
Oh, he still hasn’t gotten over the fact that he let her go…
She did end up stealing all the money from the Information Bureau.
Man, her greediness is the stuff of legend.

Tsk, tsk, tsk…
You’re such a child.
That’s not why he’s so out of it.
Love must have something to do with his attitude. I can totally sense it!

Good catch Desco. The power of love has been the undoing of many a final boss.

Love between a demon and angel?
That hat must be rotting your brain.
Especially when you’re talking about THE Tyrant Valvatorez!
That’s impossible!

My brain is as fresh as it can be!
But then, how did he know that angel’s name!?
They must’ve known each other in the past!

So!?
That doesn’t mean they were in love!

Desco is suspicious, especially since the Tyrant let his prey run away so easily!
Bid Sis’ theory is right! Desco stakes her reputation on it!

It’s definitely weird but…
So...is that what love is?

It’s love.

I see…
You know what? I’m starting to think you two are right…

Plus, Mr. Valvatorez shouted that she was supposed to be dead.
That means they were separated by death! That was their dramatic reunion!
Deso can’t-! Desco can’t…!
Desco can’t stand this as a final boss!
It has struck her heart!

Forbidden love between a demon and angel…
Hmhmhm!
My dream is getting way more exciting!

I'm sensing a lot of jealousy from Fenrich here.

I’m going to rip your tongues out and feed them to the sludges if you don’t!

Somehow, that doesn’t sound like a joke when it comes out of your month.

Of course it doesn’t.
It wasn’t meant as a joke.

He means it, Big Sis!
It would be very hard to eat without a tongue!
Desco is scared!

Hmph!
You’re nowhere close to being a final boss if you’re really that scared…

You’re not one to talk.
Your voice and your knees are shaking like there’s no tomorrow.

Hmph…
That angel was just a common thief.
Her presence poses no risk to our goals…
Right, my Lord?

We should ignore her.
It is your duty to ignore such futile matters, in favor of keeping your focus on the big picture.

I see…
If you insist, then I agree. So, what shall be our next step?

I already have something in mind.

These spy Prinnies are the real VIPs of this whole rebellion.

If you can bring them under your control, you’ll gain the support of all the independent voters of the mid and lower levels, dood.
That includes over half of the Netherworld supporters. That’s all I got, dood.

...That being said, what do you think, my Lord?

Mid-level demons…
That may actually require a bit more effort this time.

The corrupternment has put a bounty on our heads after our invasions of the plebians and the Information Bureau.
I expect the corrupternment will intensify their efforts against us from now on.

Bounty!? Seriously!?
We’re wanted now?

Desco feels one step closer to becoming a final boss!
Hmhmhm!

Wanted…
I bet they’re still calling me the fake Emizel…

Bounty, huh?
Interesting…
So, how much are we worth?

10,000 HL, my Lord.

What a bunch of lowballers. I made more money than that before the end of Episode 1.

They’re probably just broke…
But as long as my Lord is motivated, I’m fine with you keeping it that way.

Indeed! Then let’s go!
To bring Hades to the Netherworld and teach every living creature a lesson!

Okay!
To become the Netherworld President!

To become a magnificent final boss!

To become a great demon and make Father proud!

Their goals are completely different from one another…

That doesn’t matter.
No matter our goals, there’s only one path we each can take. We are more united than ever.
To fulfill each of our goals, and to usurp the regime, let us bring the bourgeoisie under control!

Nothing in the base, so let's get right into it.

They bulldozed the local community training center and built an amusement park. Classic young age movie villain poo poo.

Huh? Is this an amusement park?
It looks like fun.

Desco wants to play with Big Sis!
Let’s go on that ride!

Idiots.
Sure, it looks like a ride, but it’s actually a training machine.

A training machine?
How do you train with that?

W-well…
I don’t know either…

Do you, Valzy?

There used to be this machine where you had to catch a giant hammer, a hydrochloric acid swimming pool, and other serious facilities…
I’m assuming that along with the corrupternment, this training ground has become a joke of its former self.

...You, lass.
I couldn’t help but notice your comment.
Did you just call our Lord-

Oh, Valzy?
Who cares? This is just a dream.
I don’t mind having a demon friend.

Friend? Don’t be a fool.
Neither our Lord nor I, need any human friends.

Oh, yeah right.
I bet you just want a nickname, too.
Okay then, I’ll call you Fenfen.

We're all agreed he will only be called Fenfen from this point forward right? Good!

Hmhmhm…
I haven’t seen anyone walk all over you like that in quite a while.
I find it quite amusing.
It wouldn’t hurt to get to learn about human beings by befriending them.

My Lord…

Desco wants to be included, too!
Valzy! Fenfen!

Gh…!
If not for Lord Val’s warm words, your lives would be at stakes right now!

Whoa!
I was so absorbed in all the nickname talk that I didn’t even notice they found us!

What a warm welcome.
I’m starting to like being treated as a bounty. Hmhmhm.

As expected of the mid-level area, these enemies look more malicious than ever.
Desco can’t wait to kill them all…

Hmph…!
Are these the rebels from Hades who tarnished the name of Sir Emizel!?

I knew it…
But I won’t let that get to me!
I’ll prove to them that they’re looking at the real deal with my own power!

You bastards!
You’ve got alotta nerve, moseying into this burg!
We’re all dangerous demons here, you shameless thieves!

Thieves…?
Are you talking about one of our invasions of the corrupternment’s territory?

How dare you play innocent in front of us?
You’re conspiring to take all of our valuables with the help of the Angel of Avarice!

I’ll proud admit all of the evildoings that I’ve done, but I won’t admit to anything that I don’t remember doing, good or bad!

...The corrupternment’s propaganda.
Their influence remains strong, even without the Information Bureau.
Anyway, conspiring with that angel…?
What a heap of rubbish.

Is this another one of my father’s orders…?
Is he the one who’s been behind this all along?
He used to despise schemers…
His motto was, “Fight violence with violence, fair and square.”

I don't think that saying works.

Really?
I’ve been trying to imagine what kind of a person he is judging his dirty tactics.

No…!
I know what kind of person he was, that’s the main reason why I refuse to believe he was involved from the beginning…

Huh?
It wasn’t just because you had blind faith in your daddy?

You frauds!
Have you picked which one of you wants to die first!?
The corrupternment promised that if we defeat you guys, we get the bounty money and we also get to do whatever we want with your money!

Heh heh heh!
This is a once in a afterlifetime opportunity!
I’m taking all the prizes!

You’re right, this is rare indeed.
In fact, it’s so rare, it’d never happen, but you’re still falling for it.
Hopeless idiots…
However, as long as these idiots remain, it’s an effective tactic.
What shall we do, my Lord?
The corrupternment is trying to pin all the blame on us.

Then please be an example for them by fighting against the corrupternment, as the most exemplary demon of all.

What a splendid idea! I shall show them…
What a fighting Prinny Instructor can do!

Um, my Lord…
How about doing it as a tyrant?

Fenfen please, the man wants to be a simple Prinny Instructor, eat some sardines, and overthrow the corrupternment.

Next time on Disgaea 4!: Flashbacks.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

The tone of this thing really changed after the newspaper tower, didn't it?

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Seraphic Neoman posted:

The tone of this thing really changed after the newspaper tower, didn't it?

Things have certainly taken a somewhat more somber and serious tone, but I'm sure a few sardines will perk Val right back up!

Omobono posted:

The crazy older sister and the enabling supporting younger sister. They really bounce off each other very well.

They're a decent duo in gameplay too, Fuuka is an axe wielder and Desco's magichange is an axe.

I overlooked this earlier, but Desco's magichange is actually a sword!

Which is the other weapon Fuka has Weapon Forte with, so both her and Val can make good use of Desco's magichange.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Figures. A few years and I'll be yelling at kids and clouds :cloud:.

At least I did remember correctly that I was keeping Fuuka and Desco paired.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Now on Disgaea 4!: Flashbacks.

A lot of Geo Effects on this map and our first encounter against the Felynn monster class (the catgirls). They have high attack, evasion, and counterattack chance. This is offset by their low defense. Four Slumber Cats are on the map. Two on each side of the Base Panel, a Mask Hero in the center right, and the Orc and Zombie stand in the back near the Geo Blocks. I sent two units each against the Slumber Cats and the rest forward against the Felynn. This is a map where some of the Geo Blocks move around on their own, so we have to be watchful were the Geo Effects shifted to. The Slumber Cats died quickly as they are standing on the grass and the Felynn were weak to Ice and Fire magic, so Emizel and our Skulls did well against them. It was an enjoyable fight.

And they were only fighting against a Prinny Instructor, not a tyrant.
The state of the corrupternment is worse than I thought.
We must take control of the entire Netherworld soon, or demons will go extinct.

As you stated, the degree to which these demons have weakened is a severe matter that we can’t overlook.
There must be a problem with the fear energy that’s supporting the Netherworld…
We have no time to waste.

Fear energy…?
Kay, whatever…
...So Valzy, tell us something about that angel!

The potential end of the (Nether)world? Pass. Fuka wants some sweet gossip about the girl Valzy knows! Oh teenagers..

I thought I warned you that I’d rip your tongue out if you didn’t stop with that nonsense...Is that what you want?

It’s not nonsense!
Half the reason we were dragged into this mess is that angel’s fault!
We have a right to know! You’re obligated to explain it to us!

Ooh, as expected of Big Sis…
Forcing her selfishness through any argument, no matter what!
Desco is impressed!

Are you certain of that?
If you keep this up, I will inflict an unbelievable amount of pain on you, whether this is a dream or not.

B-Big Sis, you can do it!
Desco will protect you from behind!

From behind…?

That’s enough, Fenrich.
You’re starting to lose it.
Besides, there’s also nothing I can say about that angel.
I’ve never been acquainted with an angel.

But you knew her name.

She said her name is Vulcanus.
I don’t know anyone by that name.
She looked similar to someone I’ve met before. I simply mistook her for someone else.

Someone you’ve met before…?
That’s not the kind of feeling I was getting from you...

So, what happened to that person?

Does that have anything to do with the reason why you got so offended when I declared war on you before…

Why don’t you stop with all of your speculations?
Our Lord would never be affected by a human.

How can you be so sure!?

Maybe that person became an angel after she died…

Yeah, I’ve heard that super pure human souls can sometimes become angels.

If by any chance she did become an angel, she would never engage in thefts. Never.
She possessed the purest heart. Even I had a hard time…

And with that we move onto the next map.

Another cutscene after selecting it.

Must you keep-?

Come on, it’s all right.
It’s no big deal.

See, Fenfen?
We have your lord’s permission.

Gh…!

A rare L there for Fenfen.

How did we meet…?
Oh, that’s right…
It was back when I was still known as the Tyrant.
Back then, I was still following my instincts, beating sense, namely fear, into the humans, and drank as much of their blood as I desired.
And then she appeared before me…

Love at first sight!
Ahh!

Desco will see right through this love!
As a final boss!

Love at first sight? Me?
I’m curious to learn what kinds of strange things your brains are stuffed with.
Demons have an important duty, keeping order in the universe by planting fear into the humans’ minds to tame them.
But unaware of our noble duty, the humans made us out to be vulgar beings with their exaggerated depictions of demons.
Even things like how Vampires love to suck the blood of beautiful women and virgins, and other false rumors.
Artina and I met during a Vampire hunt that began thanks to one of those rumors.
Artina wasn’t afraid of me. She even sympathized with me.

If you’d like mine, go ahead.
Not to flatter myself, but I’m pretty cute and I’m a virgin.
My blood should taste mouth-wateringly good.
But promise me one thing.
Please don’t drink any other human’s blood after this.

This is like two league above "coming on strong".

You…
Aren’t you worried for your life?
Who are you not to fear me?

I’m just an average civilian.
I’m also a nurse.
I try to keep myself pure, so please…
Go ahead and take my blood!

Gh…
My pride will not allow me to indulge in the blood of a human who possesses no fear of demons.
To fulfill my duties as a demon…
I will bring you to the depths of fear before I take your blood!

Uh uh, okay, it’s a promise then.
Please don’t take anyone else’s blood until you scare me somehow.
A promise, you say? I am pleased.
I will take up that promise!
Scaring you shouldn’t be much of a challenge! Hmhmhmhm!

Plus, we’re in the middle of a war.
Just pray for me, so I won’t die before you get the chance to scare me.

Demons don’t pray.
However, it wouldn’t be good for me if you die…
Very well. Until I keep my promise, I’ll watch over you so you won’t die.
Nevertheless, it won’t take long.
I give it three days until I get to take your blood.

A Vampire’s power comes from human blood.
If he won’t drink it, then of course…

His power has gone.
That is the biggest regret of my life.
If only I were by his side, that wouldn’t have happened.

N-no way…
How could a legendary tyrant drop to this level just because of some promise that he made to a human female?

Well, what happened, happened.
He’s a Prinny Instructor now.
Anyway, I never would’ve expected you to be the type who would go head over heels for some lady.

https://i.imgur.com/WSh2M5y.mp4
These demons are in for some trouble.

You die!
We were in the middle of some love talk!

And now it's double!

Desco will not let anything come between Big Sis and love talk!
Desco will kill you!

The yellow Warp panels can be hard to spot since there are only four and they are on the middle of the grass at the corners of the map. The Geo Blocks on the Prinny building are EXP boosters, but we'll ignore them at this time. The central thing here is destroying the 50% Enemy Boost Effect that covers most of the map. The Geo Block for that is at the back of the map. I suppose the intended way to it would to be to position units on the Warp Panels to get teleported close to it. I took a more straightforward approach of having Val toss our Warrior, who in turn tossed our Valkyrie, who then destroyed the Geo Block. With it gone I pulled everyone else out of the Base Panel and formed a defensive square around it and fought it out with the enemies that advanced forward. One they were dispatched I advanced to deal with the ones lingering in the back after they had pommeled our Valkyrie. Easy-peasy.

So, back to our conversation…

Do you still insist on keeping this up?
Enough already…

Sometimes it’s important to hear what your subordinates have to say.
It’s fine. Ask me anything.

Hehe, he refused to talk earlier but he’s willing to tell us about it now.
We’re just like real friends.

Okay, I’ve got a question…
So is that promise really the reason why you stopped drinking human blood?

...Indeed.

It must’ve been really important if it got a Vampire to stop drinking human blood.

Promises, contracts…
They are equally noble and sublime to demons.
“Importance” is not the point here.
However, I wasn’t aware of the weight of a promise back then…
After that promise…
After I told her I’d watch over her so she wouldn’t die…

And that’s why you’re so obsessed with keeping promises…
But wh-what are you gonna do now that the person who you made the promise to is dead?
Are you never gonna drink blood ever again?

Her life or death doesn’t matter.
I WILL keep my promise. I made a vow to myself that day.
I will never break a promise…

The reason that woman died was because of a human war.
Our Lord is not to blame for this. It’s all because of that futile promise…

Say no more, Fenrich.
Since she died before I got to keep my promise, I must refrain from drinking human blood.
Anyway...If that angel is Artina, then this is good news for me.
I’ll finally have the opportunity to scare her and drink her blood.

(I really hope that’s how he truly feels.)

Our thieving angel looks to have gotten herself into a tight spot.

She looks like she’s in danger!
Desco can sense a certain kind of event coming up!

I’m interested in seeing what Tyrant Valvatorez is gonna do…

No, we’re just here to bring this area under our control.

Sure, go right ahead.
I’m glad you’re helping to get rid of her.
We’re tired of being accused of working with that angel… Right, my Lord?

R-right, but…

Hey, come on!
She might be that Artina girl!
We can’t do this to her!

She’s just a dirty thief.
Persecuting her is the right thing to do.

…Hmmm, that is true.
She can’t complain for being killed after all the things she’s done around the Netherworld.

Hmm, so no lovey-dovey event…
Desco is disappointed.

No, bad party!
You guys shouldn’t give up on her!
Geez, demons are so...ooh!

Heh heh heh!
Then we’ll kill this angel and claim the reward!

You!
Is a demon trying to help an angel!?

Are you out of your mind, my Lord?
This is only going to give the corrupternment more reason to bring us down.
Are you going to shoulder all of the crimes that angel has committed in the Netherworld?
We can’t afford for you to misunderstand how much this going to affect our ability to accomplish our goal of usurping the regime.

You can’t seriously be seeing that thief as some woman who’s already dead.

Yes! There it is!
The love flag!

Ahhh!
Is this what people call the power of love?
Desco is amused!

The power of love can’t be measured by equations…!
Just as I read in a naughty book!

Stooping to being an angel’s allies!?
You scum!
You have no right to call yourselves demons! Now, die!

So this is a little interesting. The nine units standing on high ground positions are also on Reverse Damage Effect Panels. Which causes damaging attacks to heal them and healing spells to damage them. The closest three can be reached from the Base Panel on the first turn, lifted and thrown off, by our units after the Slumber Cats (who get killed in two moves here) are taken care of. We then can place our ranged units on the Reverse Damage Panels and there's nothing the enemy can do about it. I let the rest of the Slumber Cats come forward and after dealing with them, rushed Fenrich and Val forward to the right and left sides respectively, to throw the enemy units there off the Panels. The Rocs actually jump off the Panels themselves to fight. Vulcanus is present on this map as a friendly NPC. She attacks with her bow, but that's it.

Th-this guy…
I heard you’re a former Prinny Instructor…
How can you be so strong…?

Former?
I’m still an active Prinny Instructor.

(Displaying such strength, even after losing most of his power…As expected of my Lord.)
(He’ll be invincible once he regains his power...I must do whatever it takes to make that happen…)
(But before that...I must eliminate all unecessary factors.)

I hope you don’t think you saved me or anything.

drat. That's cold.

...No, that wasn’t my intention.
I was merely suppressing those who resist our invasion of this area.

I’m glad.
I don’t intend on paying you back for your help, which I never asked for.

* whisper *
(The hell’s going on? Is she really an angel?)

* whisper *
(I’ve never heard of such a greedy angel before…)
(Hence her nickname, Avarice.)

...But, you did save me after all.
Saying thanks is free, right? I guess I should thank you.

I said it was unintentional.
I don’t need your unappreciative thanks.
That aside, what do you think you’re doing, engaging in theft in the Netherworld?
You keep bringing up money…
How bad is the economy in Celestia?

Oh please. What I’m doing is not theft.
I’m carrying out “collection” in the name of justice.

Collection?

Sure, it’s true that the offerings from the Human World have decreased, along with peace and order…
And, we’re struggling to gather enough funds to keep Celestia in working order.
But that’s all because the demons are slacking off, and humans have stopped being afraid of them.
They’ve stopped believing in God.
So, I’m only here to collect the money that was supposed to be coming to Celestia in the first place.

Hey now…
That kind of logic isn’t gonna work here.

Whether it will or not, I don’t really care.
I didn’t expect you all to understand in the first place.
Oh, and one more thing…
My operation isn’t sanctioned by Celestia. I’m doing this all on my own.

Who cares if you’re doing this by yourself?
What do you intend to use that kind of money for?

Why should I tell you that?
How much will you give me if I do?

Gh…!

Hmhmhm, time is money.
I don’t have any more time to waste.

https://i.imgur.com/4ry99yU.mp4

Whoa! What’s this!?

Ahhh, Bis Sis!
Desco can’t see!

Hmhmhm.
Good day, everyone.

Where’d that angel do!?
Did she get away!? We must go after her!

My Lord, please wait.
Our goal is to take control of this area. I suggest we ignore that thief for now.

She said she’s not a thief…
She claim her actions are justified…
And that we demons are to blame.

That was just her way of defending herself.
We don’t have time to makes stops if we are to accomplish our goal, my Lord.

The above "to makes stops" is a misspelling in the game text and not me mistyping it while transcribing.

I...I know…

...Fine
She is probably headed to the largest vault in the area. I’m sure our paths will cross again.
If that is the case…
What do you intend to do when they do?

Well...uh…

Will you promise me one thing?
If she becomes an obstacle, you will use force to eliminate her.

Oh no, Fenfen is going to weaponize Val's iron-clad desire to keep his promises against the angel.

That’s not the only reason…
It’s called...jealousy!

Jealousy!
That’s the source of all negative energy in females!

Da Nile ain't just a river Fenfen.

...Is there a problem, my Lord?
Are you putting the well-being of that angel over usurping the regime?

That is absolute nonsense…
...Fine. If she ever gets in the way of us accomplishing our goal, I won’t hesitate to take her down.

Okay, then.
My Lord, that is a promise.

Indeed, it is a promise.

Hook, line, and sinker.

Urgh.
What’s gonna happen to his love?

Don’t look at me!

Next time on Disgaea 4!: Shots Fired!

OhFunny fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Nov 26, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatsleepycat
Oct 2, 2021

OhFunny posted:

Plus, we’re in the middle of a war.
Just pray for me, so I won’t die before you get the chance to scare me.

Demons don’t pray.
However, it wouldn’t be good for me if you die…
Very well. Until I keep my promise, I’ll watch over you so you won’t die.
Nevertheless, it won’t take long.
I give it three days until I get to take your blood.

Second line here should presumably be Valvatorez, not Vulcanus.