Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NullBlack
Oct 29, 2011

I'm as confused as you are.

Seraphic Neoman posted:

TBH I wish the games would have army-wide mana. Having it per character just feels like an artificial way to extend game time.

Disgaea 6 has that, in a fashion: the Juice Bar is basically a shared pool of EXP and Mana (and other things) that you can transfer to characters' EXP and Mana totals.

EDIT: Update near end of previous page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Seraphic Neoman posted:

HL is probably becoming useless roughly where the OP is now, so in the post-game you usually use that category as your dump slider.

I've actually been running tight on HL through the entire story so far. As I spend it all in the weapon and armour shops to outfit a party of ten and to boost the Customer Rank to get better stuff every new Episode when stronger equipment becomes available via bills passed in the Senate.

Every new tier of equipment is a big jump in costs and I haven't spent a lot of time doing things that aren't the story.

NullBlack
Oct 29, 2011

OhFunny posted:

Every new tier of equipment is a big jump in costs and I haven't spent a lot of time doing things that aren't the story.

Buying new equipment?
Not spending time in Item World?
Not laughing maniacally at the "grr I'm dangerous" story bosses as you steamroll them with the generic Warrior they give you at start and no one else?
I am confused.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

The shops in 5 level up so slowly I found the opposite, even spending all I had, the shops struggled to keep up with the bonus rewards from story maps. I mostly used them to stop people that weren't getting drops from falling too far behind.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

NullBlack posted:

Buying new equipment?
Not spending time in Item World?
Not laughing maniacally at the "grr I'm dangerous" story bosses as you steamroll them with the generic Warrior they give you at start and no one else?
I am confused.

I guess it was a pointless decision to play the game in the way I have. Since no one reading the LP as I've written it would see the difference between annihilating a map with a single god-tier Prinny vs having to play tactically with a bunch of on or even slightly underleveled characters.

OhFunny fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Dec 27, 2022

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
Breaking the game in pursuit of trivializing everything is a lot of what left the perception that 6 is bad. Because it trivialized even the act of grinding. And part of what makes this LP interesting are the little mistakes you make and remind us that there actually is a game under these screenshots of Axel ruining everything. So yeah, keep struggling and make the LP feel real.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

There actually is a really fun tactics rpg under all the incredibly powerful grinding tools in these games, it's just very, very hard not to blow completely past it.

NullBlack
Oct 29, 2011

Ardeem posted:

Breaking the game in pursuit of trivializing everything is a lot of what left the perception that 6 is bad. Because it trivialized even the act of grinding. And part of what makes this LP interesting are the little mistakes you make and remind us that there actually is a game under these screenshots of Axel ruining everything. So yeah, keep struggling and make the LP feel real.

eh, breaking the game in pursuit of trivializing everything has been what Disgaea's about since the first installment. Why else would you be able to level up to 9999 in a story that only goes up to like 90? I don't think I touched 6's AI until the post-post game, when it was time to grind to 99,999,999 multiple times, max out the best weapons, and fill out the item index. The AI was also convenient for giving me something to break the monotony of exercise, without requiring constant interaction.
what I thought was bad about 6 was the massively pared down list of generic classes. I prefer using generics over the Super Special Story Characters

but I don't know how much of the post game OhFunny is planning on showing off, so yeah, keep up the struggle. Steamrolling in a LP isn't that interesting unless you show how it's earned first, and Disgaea makes that too easy to be interesting (outside of post game).

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
Fort Knockers would make a pretty good username. Wonder what the silly pun was in Japanese.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Now on Disgaea 4!: Voter Turn Out!

Huh? It looks different than Hades.
This place is like, on a totally different level.

Well, duh. Only the highest-level demons, who have mastered the extremes of violence, get to live here.

After taking this place down, the President’s office will belong to Big Sis! Desco...will do her best!

Well, my Lord…
We shall now open the gate to the end of the Netherworld and begin our reform.

Hmph…!

Our mission is to usurp the regime!
I don’t expect you to give in very easily! Go ahead and resist all you want!
I shall pin each and every one of you down and teach you a lesson, the Hades way…
Now, tremble in fear!

A loud rumble is heard.

...Oh?
They’re rather obedient, aren’t they?
They really are trembling…

This is more than just trembling…
This is like…

Desoc senses a tremendous amount of murderous intent…

The rumbling is coming from the ground…
It’s the echo of the violence across the land!

The destructive footsteps of 600,000 demons!

As expected of corrupternment soldiers…
Their morale seems to have risen instead of falling in fear from hearing our Lord’s name.

Hmph…
At least they’re motivated.

I thought I was prepared for this, but seeing all this in front of me…
It’s more intense than I expected.

I know this is just a dream, but I’m getting kinda scared. It won’t be funny if I wet the bed at my age! I need to be careful!

...Big Sis, that’s not what you should be worried about right now.

Wh-what the-!?

Hmph...right on time.
Prinny Rule No. 6! You shall never make your master wait.
...They barely made it.

About 20 million Plebian Demons! About 5 million Bourgeois Demons! About 1.3 million Black Blood Demons!
...And then us, about 100 million Prinnies! We’re all here to support you, dood!
I know I’m in no position to say this, but leave these peons to us and go defeat the President, dood!

They misspelled plebeian here.

If you’re wandering what the writing on the banners mean. The gold and white one with 政権交代 literally means regime change. A change in the ruling political party is a rare event in Japan. As the Liberal Democratic Party has only lost power twice since 1955.
下克上 on the red and white banner means mutiny.

You guys…
Are you sure that’s an accurate head count?

Not at all, sir!
I was kind of exaggerating, dood…

Nevertheless, you seem to have an amazing amount of supporters here. This was bound to happen for an eminent leader, but…

...This isn’t necessary.
Using numbers against numbers… This is like war.

War? Let's just call it aggressive election turnout.

You shouldn’t chastise them, my Lord.
They have all gathered here with the dream of taking over the corrupternment with you.

Hmph…
Then let’s hurry so that we can end this madness.

We have no reason to be scared, now that we’ve got the same amount of force on our side!

Yes!
Desco’s chance of becoming a final boss has dramatically increased!

I think we’ve got this…!

Let’s go, everyone!
Our only target is the Netherworld President! Don’t even think about those other peons!

The first thing we have to do here is knock out the Geo Blocks in the back. As the Super Expansion Geo Effect expands the Geo Panels on the map by one panel in every direction. Which in turn spreads the Enemy Boost +50%. We stacked a bunch of units into a Tower and chain throw them across the map on the right hand side. Unfortunately I picked an Archer as the unit to be thrown the furthest. Archers only have single target skills and she didn't manage to destroy the Super Expansion Geo Block on the first turn. Enemy units then surrounded the isolated units that were thrown forward, and long story short, I fought to a narrow loss.

Second try we have Val be the unit thrown to the back of the map. He gets both Geo Blocks with Blade Rush and the Chain Effect doesn't some nice damage to those units standing on the Geo Panels. Things still don't look good at first as the units we used to throw him (Fenfen, a Ninja, and a Thief) both get knocked out on the enemy's first turn, but since we've gone forward on the left side, the opposing Felynn don't come forward like the Succubus do. We also manage to knock out all but one of the enemy Bouncers. The enemy then brings the Succubi down against our units near the Base Panel. Their defense is thankfully low and they all fall along with the last Bouncer and one of the enemy Thieves. We lose Emziel in the exchange. We get the last enemy Thief and a Gunner on the next turn. Valcanus falls. It's five-on-five, but we have the upper hand now, managing to knock out four enemies with loss of only our Skull mage. I take this moment to grab the four Legendary chests on the map before knocking out the lone standing enemy.

They totally weren’t worth it.

This just goes to show how close we are to the President’s office. Hmhmhm ♥

Desco is climbing the ladder to the position of final boss very quickly!
Desco is almost there, Big Sis! Once Desco becomes a final boss…

Don’t flatter yourselves, fools!
Those were just peons! They’re ants compared to Father!

Oh?
That sounded like you were bragging about your father.

N-no!
That’s not what I meant…

...What do you make of this, Fenrich?

They weren’t peons…
They were the President’s elite forces.

They sure give us a run for our money.

...Indeed.
However, they were much too weak. But how can that be?
They didn’t look like they were going easy on us…? Is the condition of the Netherworld really so dire…?

That's Thunder God Psylos standing in the middle there. We've seen him in cutscenes advising President Hugo.

Hm!? They don’t seem familiar!

We’ve been waiting for you, rebels from Hades!

How outrageous of you, a mere Prinny Instructor, to oppose the President!

Your actions call for no punishment short of your death! All of you shall be executed right here!

Ooh, these guys seem different than the others.

Hell yeah they do!
They’re the Three Brutes of the Netherworld!
I didn’t think we’d see them so soon…!

The Three Brutes? They sound pretty tough.

They’re not just “pretty tough”! They’ve punished more humans than anybody… They are the symbols of fear in the Human World!
Psylos of Thunder! The Atrocious Tromayer! Baltis of Despair! Together, they are the Three Brutes of the Netherworld!

So they’re like the five-something-something!
Do they have their own kids show?

That's probably a reference to the Power Rangers.

Miss Fuka...is it?
You seem rather calm in the face of such strong enemies.

Just call me Fuka.
And what’s to be scared of? Strong or not, this is all just happening in my dream.

Pardon me? ...In your dream?

Big Sis still hasn’t accepted that she died, and believes that everything that’s happening is part of her dream.

Okay, I-I see… Interesting…
...And you?

Desco is a final weapon that was created by humans. She’s just a girl who aspires to someday become a final boss.

What a wonderful dream…

To late for second thoughts now! You're in the middle of toppling the government with these people!

The Three Brutes, huh?
Well, there sure area a variety of people these days.

They’re juveniles who earned some points during your absence. It’s only natural that you don’t recognize their faces.
However, I can’t accept the fact that these whelps are arrogantly strutting around in your presence, my Lord.

Hmph…
Then we shall teach those youngsters a lesson on how to fight a real battle.

We have four inactive Geo Blocks on this map. Once placed on Geo Panels they give Recovery 20%, ATK +50%, Magic Range +1, and Attack +1 respectively. That last one means a unit will hit twice per turn. This includes performing Special Skills twice in a row. Which makes this an insanely broken Geo Effect. We wipe out every Warrior and Armor Knight standing in range very quickly and then both Brutes standing on the Red and Green Panels without them getting a turn. We then throw the Geo Blocks onto the Green Panels and march over to the left side. Every enemy here rushes to fight us and gets obliterated. Easy, so much for all the hype Emizel gave them.

Next time on Disgaea 4!: Wannabes.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

The Archangel: You chose the perfect party to join for your job.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Man, this chapter is the best :allears:

You mentioned archers not having any multi target when the whole gimmick of bow skills is that they have a wide variety of aoe shapes you can drop at a range? Is yours just too short on mana to pick up stuff past the initial pair of range boosters?

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

FoolyCharged posted:

Man, this chapter is the best :allears:

You mentioned archers not having any multi target when the whole gimmick of bow skills is that they have a wide variety of aoe shapes you can drop at a range? Is yours just too short on mana to pick up stuff past the initial pair of range boosters?

You're right that I was wrong to say Archers don't have AOE skills.

Let us take a look at Archer in Disgaea 4.

Below are the Unique Skills Archer gains automatically at level 25:

Paralysis Arrow----25 Atk/Hit: PRZ 70% D(200%) 24 36/36 Rng: 6(Free). Hits single panel.
Sleep Arrow----------25 Atk/Hit: SLP 70% D(200%) 24 36/36 Rng: 6(Free). Hits single panel.
Poison Arrow--------25 Atk/Hit: PSN 70% D(200%) 24 36/36 Rng: 6(Free). Hits single panel.
Lapse Arrow---------25 Atk/Hit: FRG 70% D(200%) 24 36/36 Rng: 6(Free). Hits single panel.
Ruin Arrow------------25 Atk/Hit: DPR 70% D(200%) 24 36/36 Rng: 6(Free). Hits single panel.

The bunch of different status effect skills.

And now the Bow Skills that can be purchased for Mana:

Spiral Blast-------------------Tier 1 Atk/Hit: Ice----------F(130%) 4 36/16 Rng: 3(Free). Hits single panel.
Arrow Trap-------------------Tier 2 Atk/Hit: FRG--------E(150%) 8 16/36 Rng: 4(Free). Hits single panel.
Zip Shot-----------------------Tier 3 Atk/Hit-----------------E(190%) 16 32/24 Rng: 5(Free). Hits single panel.
Spear Surfing---------------Tier 4 Atk/Hit: Ice----------E(160%) 32 16/16 Rng: 3(Free). Hits cross-shaped area.
Doppelganger--------------Tier 5 Atk/Hit-----------------D(200%) 64 28/28 Rng: 5(Free). Hits X-shaped area.
Galaxy Comet--------------Tier 6 Atk/Hit-----------------C(250%) 128 36/36 Rng: 4(Free). Hits cross-shaped area.
Lightning Flash------------Tier 7 Atk/Hit: PRZ--------C(250%) 64 36/36 Rng: 7(Free). Hits single panel.
Flaming Dragon-----------Tier 8 Atk/Hit: Fire---------C(250%) 128 40/40 Rng: 4(Free). Hits cross-shaped area.
Barrage Boomerang----Tier 9 Atk/Hit-----------------D(200%) 255 24/24 Rng: 5(Free). Hits 2x3 area.

As you can see the Area-of-Effect Skills are back loaded here compared to Disgaea 5 where every Bow Skill bar one is an AOE Skill. As due to the Tier system Archer can only learn Spear Surfing, the first AOE Skill, after she's reincarnated or promoted upward to the next character tier. While my Archer was at that tier, she probably didn't have the Mana to buy Spear Surfing. It probably won't have had the power to knock out both Geo Blocks too.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Now on Disgaea 4!: Wannabes.

Now do you see?
It’s rather ludicrous for you weaklings to identify yourselves as Brutes.

Lord Valvatorez’s absence is the only reason you were able to ascend to your positions as the “Top 3”. Now, learn your place.

And you should know one more thing.
Death Emizel has made a triumphant return from the depths of his own demise.

Th-that glowing skull…
You are…!

That’s right! My name is Emizel! Death Emizel!

Ooh, this positive reaction is a first!
So, you guys admit that Emizel is alive!?

No! This is all wrong!

Wrong!? How!?

He couldn’t possibly be some chivalrous guy who would join rebels from Hades and defeat us, the Three Brutes of the Netherworld!

What a bitter irony is this for Emizel.

N-no…
This means…

It looks like your strength is now the main factor for doubting your identity. Not everything will go as you plan in life.

Nevertheless, it is all because you’ve grown.
And that is a good thing.

It so is not!

Because of all your effort to get stronger, you still aren’t being acknowledged…
What a waste of time…

Nooo…

Wasting time and effort is the worst waste of all…
But, that’s only if you give up now.

No matter what anyone else says, don’t worry.
Just keep fighting until you receive your father’s approval.

R-really…?
So I shouldn’t let this get to me?
Alright! Until everyone admits that I’m Emizel, I’ll keep proving it to them!
I am Emizel! Death Emizel!

Hmph, there’s no point in shouting that out here. Feel free to do that as much as you like when you’re in front of your father.

...Oh.
I thought that only harmful words came out of your mouth, but I guess you can be nice, too.

Desco heard it, too.
“Hmph. I know you can do this now.” ...It was that type of thing.

He’s a tsundere.
I’ve never seen one in real life before.

Tsundere is word for a character archetype in Japanese media. A tsundere character is one that swings between being bad-tempered (the “tsun” part) and being swooning (the “dere” part). Fenrich fits this archetype as he’s a real rear end to everyone except Val. Who he fawns over constantly. The closer others get to Val or the more disrespectful they are to him. The bigger of a jerk Fenrich is in response.

Is this true, Fenrich?
You approve of me…?

What!?
Absolutely not!

Hmm. Looks like our team is tighter than ever. We have no reason to stand still now. Come on.

My Lord! This is a mistake! I didn’t intend to…

This map looks tricky at first glance. As we have eight enemy units standing on islands of Geo Panels that provide a lot of boosts. The sea of blue Geo Panels has the Lonely effect applied to it. Which means we can only have one unit out upon it at a time. It's not as difficult as it seems however. We have units with enough movement range to get to the first green Geo Panel and throw the enemy off and move up a few more of ours to the square one at a time. The thrown onto the blue Geo Panels is easy to deal with and strangely an enemy unit will move forward from the high ground instead of attacking with magic attacks. These lone attacks are easily dealt with and we can throw our units to the green Geo Panels on the upper floor to advance faster and attack with ranged and magic attacks.

A bolt of lightning crashes down in front of our party.

Whoa!
That scared me!

Hmph...there’s no need to be scared of attacks that weren’t meant to hit us.

A warning shot to show off their power…
That’s to be expected from beasts, trying to defend their territory.

Ahh, Desco didn’t know that one attack could have so much meaning behind it. Desco will try it out once she becomes a final boss.

They’re nothing but Sludges compared to us.
It’s embarrassing.

Tyrant Valvatorez, huh?
Hmhm, you’re just a relic of the past!

If you had only stayed in your nest at the bottom of Hades, you wouldn’t have had to die here… You’re such a fool.

Th-they’re the Four Devas of the Netherworld! The vile demons who guard the Four Gates of the Netherworld!
Garatea of the East! Arsailles of the West! Graceus of the South! And Reprachon of the North!
The four of them together are strong enough to annihilate the entire world!

Oh, hahaha… Well, that’s great.

Weren’t you saying something like that about the Three Brutes, too?

But these guys are even stronger!
Countless humans have spent sleepless nights because of them!

So…
That means I pretty much have the upper hand, since I’m already asleep.

No, that’s wrong! And...how can you fall asleep so quickly anyway!?

Hello? Please wake up, Miss Desco.
You’re gonna get killed.

Just leave these kids here.
At least we won’t have to take care of them anymore.

Aww, are you being a tsundere again?

I’ll kill you!

One of the most common phrases uttered by a tsundere.

They are not your enemies, Fenrich.
Take your anger out on the corrupternment instead.

...Huh? Is it time for breakfast already?

This was a difficult map. As the Four Devas are backed by eight Reapers and sixteen Bouncers. We're initially trapped to the area near the Base Panel due to the No Entry Geo Panels. (In retrospect I may been able to leverage the No Entry to my great use instead of immediately destroying it. Still, a win is a win.) Even with that down we can't venture to far away from the Base Panel or we'll be engaging enemy units on Enemy Boost +50% Geo Panels. Enemy units also out-level a lot of our own. While Val, our Skull, and Warrior are all in the low 60s. The spread in levels among the rest ranges from high 50s to low 40s. Fenrich for example is level 42 and facing off against level 57 enemies. We've spent a lot of money on weapons and armor to offset this, but this deficiency in levels is still a disadvantage. Even so we manage to knock out all the Bouncers and Reapers on the lower half of the map at the loss of only two of own. No time to relax though as the rest of them start advancing and the Skull Deva moves forward and one-shots Desco. I rush a bunch units down to pound on him and thanks to his weakness to Wind elemental attacks, Fenrich and Emizel are able to deal huge knock out damage.

His death triggers the Shaman and Ninja Devas to come forward now. Fuka gets knocked out. Two more Bouncers go down, but we lose our Cleric, and that's a heavy blow. She's been keeping a lot of our units alive. We're forced onto the right side staircase. We knockout all but one Bouncer, but only Val, our Skull, and Warrior are still standing. They're opposed by the Succubus and Shaman Deva, two Reapers, and the lone Bouncer. The Shaman is staying still on the left side staircase and not engaging. The next few rounds of fighting willows the field to two units for each side. The Succubus and Shaman Deva against our Warrior and Skull. The Shaman Deva is mercifully still lounging on those distant stairs, so we manage to knock out the Succubus, and move to finish this fight. The Shaman Deva stops slacking off now and blasts our Warrior down before falling to our Skull mage. Who is the lone unit standing on the map. What a hero.

This was the closest fought map of the game and prompted me to pause and level grind of a bit, but only after the next map, because drat am I crazy.

I really am stronger now…! I’ve grown!

And, that’s all thanks to me.
A child who sleeps well, grows well. No one can defeat me in my own dream!

Oh! So, the more sleep, the more power!
Desco will sleep better and get stronger!

Shouldn’t we say something to them, Fenrich?

I’m not interested in teaching tricks to monkeys. My duty is to help our Lord with his missions, not to train primates.

Pfft… Monkeys!?
That’s a little harsh, don’t you think, Mr. Werewolf?

She’s right, Fenrich.
Teach them tricks, as a Prinny Instructor.

Next time on Disgaea 4!: Emizel! Unstoppable Hype Man!

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

quote:

Owns.

NullBlack
Oct 29, 2011

OhFunny posted:

Tsundere is word for a character archetype in Japanese media. A tsundere character is one that swings between being bad-tempered (the “tsun” part) and being swooning (the “dere” part). Fenrich fits this archetype as he’s a real rear end to everyone except Val. Who he fawns over constantly. The closer others get to Val or the more disrespectful they are to him. The bigger of a jerk Fenrich is in response.

not quite: to be tsundere, the character must be both tsun and dere towards the same person. I think what everyone is saying in that scene is that Fenrich's words to Emizel could be considered encouraging; thus, in spite of how mean Fenrich acts towards Emizel, he must actually want Emizel to succeed.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

It even makes sense.
The party has aligned with Valvatorez, who's leading on the basis of being having been the legendary tyrant and has taken them under his wing cloak, either explicitly (Desco) or implicitly. Of course Fenrich would want to whip these new minions into shape, no useless loads in his lord's entourage.

And if he ever tried using that explanation he'd still be tsundere because it's obvious the other morons grew on him* somewhat.
Vulcanus excluded at the moment, there's too much unsolved baggage with the Artina/Valvatorez situation.

*Fenrich: like a fungal infection?

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Now on Disgaea 4!: Emizel! Unstoppable Hype Man!

Great. How goes the battle?

Our demon supporters are showing more strength than expected, and the classes are joining forces to fight in each area, dood.
But they won’t be able to fight like that for much longer…
The longer the battle goes, the more disadvantage we have, dood.

We don’t have any time to waste, then…
Let’s hurry!

What's that Prinny doing there?

Ugh, another one? What now?

They are the Seven Yakshas of the Netherworld!
They possess the power to return the world to nothingness in just seven days!

There are seven this time!?
The groups are getting bigger and bigger!

Alright, we’re not gonna introduce each one of their members anymore, agreed?

Do you guys see that familiar face among them, too?

If I look like a Prinny to you, that means you still need more training!

drat. Guess I should have leveled more...

Oh, is that right? Well then, I apologize.

What is it that you want? How much?

Pardon me ♥ ♥ ??

Oh no, her one weakness!

The entire Netherworld has descended into chaos because of your trifling rebellion. The President doesn’t wish for this situation to continue any longer.

So you’re trying to buy is out?

D-do you really think you can bribe me, just like that?

Is money not enough?
We can also offer the title of the Four Devas or the Three Brutes, if you desire status.

I’m not interested in a position within a rotten organization! My mission is to restore the Netherworld to its former glory!

Absurd? You are hardly one to talk! Learn your place, Prinny Instructor! Rotten organization?
You have no idea how much the President is concerned about the Netherworld!

Father…? He’s concerned…?

“Father”? Who do you think you are!? Sir Emizel has already passed away!

No, I didn’t! I’m still alive! I’m still here!

Then why must you interfere with the President!? Why must you bring catastrophe to the Netherworld!?

Catastrophe? Perhaps you should explain that? No? OK...

Interfere…!?
Th-that’s not what I was…

Dead or alive, you should’ve stayed in Hades! What is it that you’re trying to accomplish by joining the rebels!? Have you given in to their threats!? Or are you trying to get revenge against the President for abandoning you!?

N-no, that’s not…
I just wanted to…

I don’t know who you are, with that fancy title above your head, and I don’t care, but don’t you dare speak like that to a kid! What’s so wrong about a kid just wanting to see his dad!?
He’s worked really hard up until now to make his dad proud...Is that so wrong!? He had to become a rebel because you corrupternment bastards officially made him dead with that fake news!

Fuka...

Nicely said, lass. First you try to bribe us, then you put your cowardice on a pedestal while chastising a child. Why is it so hard to believe that rebels like us would stand up to fight against you rotten souls?
No matter how concerned the President is, the fact of the matter is the universe is malfunctioning. There’s no excuse for that. A corrupternment that can’t fulfill its responsibilities or keep its promises to the citizens must be overthrown immediately.

...So, you still insist on rebelling?
And all of you are with him, I assume?

I’m only here to “collect” the money you owe. I have no intention of being bargained with, or selling my soul.

Desco only wants to become a final boss. She’s not interested in cheap titles, like the Three Brutes or Four Divas.

All is for my Lord…

This map is filled with exploding barrels and Prinnies. Who, remember, explode when you throw them. This triggers a chain reaction among the rest and minor damage to the Yakshas standing nearby. As the Yakshas are all spread out we just need to advance, throw a Prinny to clear the other Prinnies and exploding barrels, and then beat down the nearest Yakshas. Rinse and repeat.

I love my dream! I can sense a happy ending is just around the corner!

This is strange…
The members of the Seven Yakshas couldn’t possibly be that weak…

The Three Brutes, Four Devas, and Seven Yakshas…
There must be something behind all this.

Yes it is strange. Usually games have decreasing amount of unique titled enemies...

...Maybe that’s why they tried to buy us out.

Was that another of Father’s orders…?
Buy they said Father is concerned about the Netherworld…?

All of this will be made clear when you get to ask him in person. There’s no point in raising those questions now.

You’re right…
I’m...not running away anymore!

That’s the spirit, rascal.

Um, Big Sis?
Do you wish to see your daddy, too?

Who cares about some stupid dad who doesn’t even come home for his daughter’s birthday…?
He left me all alone every day, just so he could focus on his research…
Seriously, drat you old man!
...Well! On to the Netherworld President’s office! Let’s go, Desco!

Everyone in this party needs a therapist.

O-okay, Big Sis!

A different kind of map here. We're placed into a center square with Ally Damage 20% & Disperse Damage Geo Blocks. The former knocks off 20% off our units HP every turn and the latter is actually very helpful. Since if you have ten units out and one takes a hit that would cause 5,000 damage it will instead be a 500 damage hit for every unit. Besides that we're easily able to deal with the enemies here with our own ranged units and throwing a few melee units over.

Next time on Disgaea 4!: The Most Jerk Thing That Jerk Does.

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
I expected them to go harder on the temptation bit, but then again we're barely even through the first act by Disgaea standards.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

The Most Jerk Thing That Jerk Does.

We’re finally meeting the President…
The day I will take over his office is finally here…

It's so exciting, huh?
The title of Netherworld's Strongest will soon be ours...!
And when "she" is defeated...Desco will become a final boss...

(The Netherworld President...The rumors about him in Celestia say that he's too good of a person to be a demon...)
(I wish I could've completed my mission without having to fight him directly, so that I wouldn't make my Lady Archangel worry...)

The time has come. This regime will be overthrown sooner or later.
But that'll only be the beginning. It's going to require a lot of work to bring Hades to the Netherworld and Human World.
Isn't that right, Fen-

https://i.imgur.com/vxMHysE.mp4

Fenrich gets hit by a barrage of attacks that lasts for a solid 30 seconds.

Gaaah!

Fenriiich!

Huh...? What was that? What just happened!?

A surprise attack! What a cowardly tactic!

How many "elite" squads does the corrupternment have? It's getting gratuitous at this point.

All of the evildoing in this world is said to have been perpetuated by these ten demons...!

So it's ten of them this time?
I hope there aren't gonna be like twenty Presidents waiting for us after this...

Hmhmhm. You won't get any farther than this, meow.

Fenrich, get a hold of yourself!
You're not one to fall from those kinds of attacks! Stand up! Hrh!?
And you call yourself my servant!?

Lord...I'm glad...That you're safe...

He won't last long, meow.
He took all of our attacks at once. I'm surprised he's still breathing, meow.
We'll at least give you time to say your goodbyes. We'll wait until he dies before we kill the rest of you.

This is impossible! We're talking about Fenfen here.
He wouldn't die, even if you killed him! He's not gonna die from this!

Hey...wake up.
Stop fooling around. Come on!

Please calm down, everyone!
We can cast healing magic on him for a temporary fix!

Th-there's no need...
I know my body better than anyone...Gh...gah...agh!

Fenrich!

Don't be ridiculous! I won't allow you to die here!
Don't tell me you forgot the promise you made to the moon! And what about your promise to me!?

I'm sorry, Lord Val...
Unfortunately...it seems that this Fenrich will be unable to keep that promise...
However...Before I die, I have one favor to ask...

Shut up! I'm not going to listen!
I said, you're not allowed to die here!

P-please, let me see your true form at last...
Please burn the image of your true form, from when you were feared as the Tyrant, into my mind...

What the hell are you saying!? How could I...?

Please take my blood...

What!? That's utter nonsense...!

Please, Lord Val...
While I still live...
Let me see your true...form...

Fenrich...

Lord Val...

...Have you forgotten, Fenrich?
Your master never breaks a promise...ever. That being said, I shall not take your blood!

Lord...Val...

So, you're going to have to burn the image of this proud demon, who never breaks his promises, into your mind...!

F-Fenfen!?

If you're not going to take my blood, then I cannot let myself die here.

...Are you alright?
I was pretty sure your wounds were fatal...

Hmph...don't even bother trying to kill me.
Werewolves won't die from mere kitty demon attacks.

The hell, man! We were really worried about you!
I can't believe you would trick your own allies! You're messed up, man...

They do say that you must trick your allies to truly trick your enemies...but that was still mean!
You made Desco cry!

Fenrich faking being fatally wounded in a gambit to guilt trip Val into drinking his blood to break his promise is probably the jackass thing a playable character has done in the whole Disgaea series.

Again, your attempts at making me drink blood have ended in failure, Fenrich.
I'll ask you about your true intentions later, but first, you're going to have to pay for underestimating my commitment to my beliefs...
...By defeating the Netherworld's Ten Overlords.

*sigh* I suppose that's fine.
All is for my Lord...

Meeeow...
We can't even kill a single Werewolf? How far has our power fallen...?
But we won't let you past us! Absolutely not! For the President!

The Ten Overlords are flanked by bouncers and standing on Geo Effect Panels. Since they are spread out and don't move forward unless we come close, we can deal with them individually and in pairs. We steamroll right over this map.

It's just one step closer to the President's office...Oh mah gawd...this is seriously getting serious!

Desco will finally become a girl who can proudly refer to herself as a final boss.

I'm not as ecstatic as them. You better explain yourself now, Fenrich.
Why did you try to trick me into drinking your blood, going so far as to fake your own death?

...It's a simple answer, my Lord.
To allow you to gain your full power back before our battle with the President.
It would've killed two birds with one stone. I would've paid you back for saving my life, but your strong beliefs won out again.

Hmph...Attempting to deceive your own master at such a serious time...
You mustn't belittle yourself, my servant.

I shall take your words to heart...
All is for my Lord...

Desco is curious, too, Big Sis.
Desco wishes they will tell us the story in more detail.

But the won't just come out and tell us about it, you know?

Oh, hello, Miss Vulcanus.
Are you interested in the story as well?

Well, of course! I'm interested in anything that relates to the relationship between these two gentlemen.

Then, shall I assume that the three of us agree to work together to get to the bottom of this?

Ah-haha...
You're so bad, Miss Vulcanus.

Ah-hahahaha...
B-b-b-bad to the bone.

Oh please. I'm not as bad as you two ladies.
Ah-hahahaha...

Next time on Disgaea 4!: Tyrant VS President! A Shocking Truth Revealed!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
The most evil of all demonic skills: acting

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

For all of Fenrich's posturing, he has a low respect for Valvatorez and his choices.

I do understand him a little because Valvatorez is in the equivalent of advanced stage anorexia and that poo poo is horrifying. Still an rear end in a top hat move.

This game predates the recent isekai craze, doesn't it? The 4 heavenly kings X devas Y something Z something something feels (is) a parody of every bad RPG game and litRPG fiction/Fanfiction, we just need an isekai to complete the circle.
:shepicide: hold on isn't Fuuka the isekai?:shepicide:

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Omobono posted:

This game predates the recent isekai craze, doesn't it? The 4 heavenly kings X devas Y something Z something something feels (is) a parody of every bad RPG game and litRPG fiction/Fanfiction, we just need an isekai to complete the circle.
:shepicide: hold on isn't Fuuka the isekai?:shepicide:
All those tropes are as old as dirt, of course, but they did eventually riff on the modern "isekai reincarnation" genre in particular pretty extensively in Disgaea 6.

Elite
Oct 30, 2010
I like how Val basically doesn’t care about Fenrich’s scheming here.

: You’d better have a good explanation for this Fenrich!
: Yes, I was trying to trick you.
: Good enough for me!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

To be fair, it actually is a good explanation

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

My favorite part of that scene is just everyone completely ignoring the latest group of guys our boy is hyping up.

Boksi
Jan 11, 2016
They're demons, after all. He's just behaving as a proper demon should.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Slaan posted:

To be fair, it actually is a good explanation

It's also (theoretically) in Val's best interest as far as his own personal power goes. It's not like Fenrich was scheming to usurp or kill Val.

Elite
Oct 30, 2010

FoolyCharged posted:

My favorite part of that scene is just everyone completely ignoring the latest group of guys our boy is hyping up.

They just spent all their best moves failing to kill one dude, who wasn’t even their target. They’re probably stuck waiting for all their hyperbeams to cool down.

Dirk the Average posted:

It's also (theoretically) in Val's best interest as far as his own personal power goes. It's not like Fenrich was scheming to usurp or kill Val.

If a guy takes a bullet for you, then immediately tries to betray you I guess the two actions just cancel out. A loyalty-neutral sequence of events.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Now on Disgaea 4!: Tyrant VS President! A Shocking Truth Revealed!

...Desco senses a tremendous force.
This presence is nothing short of a final boss!

Then he must be here somewhere.
The demon of all demons, who rules the Netherworld…

Father…!

Hmph. Your fear is unnecessary. The President is the leader of a rotten Netherworld. He’s merely the embodiment of rotten demons.

Th-that’s…

He’s…

The Netherworld President! Emizel’s daddy!

...Father.

Desco is scared, Big Sis…!
His presence shows that he’s on a totally different level than we are!

It’s okay…! It’s okay! This is just a dream…!
I mean…! Toughen up, Desco! You’re gonna be the final boss, aren’tcha!?

Y-yes, you’re right…!
Desco shouldn’t be scared! Desco is gonna be the final boss!

I’ve been waiting for this, Mr. President…
Or should I say… Death King Hugo!?

It has been a while, Valvatorez.
Who would’ve imagined you would be the one leading the rebellion…?
I was surprised when I received the initial reports.

You...know my father!?

That battle…
My blood still stirs in excitement just from thinking about it.
Our violent battle went on for days on end…
We never got to settle it, as I recall.

So...is Valzy supposed to be like some super-crazy strong dude?

Idiot, have you only just realized that!?
Well, better late than never. Now, be sure to call him “Lord” from now on.

Roger that. I’ll be calling him Lord Valzy.

Keeping that lighthearted attitude, even during this serious moment…
Desco still has a lot more to learn from Big Sis.

True. Such levity in front of the President…
It’s rather encouraging to see.

I heard you became a Prinny Instructor in Hades, but...did your tyrant blood begin to boil in a rage of discontent?

Nope. I’m happy with my job as a Prinny Instructor. I’m rather proud of it. It’s quite rewarding.
If you hadn’t issued that Prinny extermination order, I would still be in Hades, happily training the next crop of Prinnies.

You were more passionate about spreading fear amongst the humans than anyone else I knew.
What happened to you? Why did you imprison innocent demons? Why did you let the humans get out of control?
What is happening between you and the humans?

Coming from you, one who I’ve personally fought fist to fist, I take those words to heart.
...Is everyone else here in agreement? Have you all come here to take my head for the reason Valvatorez stated?

D-Desco...wants to defeat Mr. President to become a final boss!

My goal is to collect all the money that has been leaked to the Netherworld illegally. I’m just here to complete my mission.

Your office is my talent! I’m gonna become the President so I can change the law and make people treat Prinnies like VIPs!

...How about you?
Are you here for revenge, Emizel?

A-absolutely not…
I just want to prove to you…
That the spoiled Emizel, who rode his father’s coattails, no longer exists…
I’m here to prove that Emizel has been reborn as a great demon, who is worthy of being his father’s son!

No further words for your son, Mr. President?

My schemes are only made valid with my master’s presence. I cannot claim credit for it.
My goal is...a secret. I have no reason to tell you what it is.

I see…
Gh...hahaha…! Haaah-hahahahahaha!

That’s right. We’re completely inconsistent. Each one of us has something different to say.
However, our intentions and goals aren’t the bonds that are holding us together…
It’s nothing as insignificant as those. We are connected by something much deeper and stronger.

Where we were born, how we live, not even what we are…. None of us have anything in common!
All we have is our camaraderie! However, there is no weakness to be found in our bond!

My Lord…

Valvatorez…

Mr. Valzy…

Lord Valzy…
I’ve really gotta say, you’re standing out way too much in my dream…

Demon camaraderie…?
Hmhm, Mr. Weirdo…

Valvatorez...as a Tyrant, you used to refuse any membership within a group, but now here you are, talking about camaraderie…?
This is more surprising to me than learning that you were the head of the rebels.

Hmph… I’m evolving for the better every day. And it’s all thanks to sardines...and that one promise I made!

So you say…
I’ll be the judge of whether it’s evolution or simply degeneration!

With a spin of his scythe over head. The President, Death King Hugo, unleashes his Reaper form!

No Geo Effect puzzles here. Just us against eight Samurai, four Onmyo Monks, three Bouncers, and the President himself.

:thunk:

Hugo is a buffed version of the Reaper monster class. His first Evility, Mind Killer, is the initial Reaper Evility. Which causes 50% of the damage he inflicts to hit a unit's SP bar. His second Evility, Protection Target, boosts the stats of his three Bouncers by 30%.

Hugo, despite being level 69 (nice), uses Keeper of the Abyss. The final skill Reaper learns at level 160.

Keeper of the Abyss hits a 2x3 area in front of him. It is a move that can inflict hit units with the Depraved status effect. Which drops the affected unit's stats by 20% and prevents them from earning EXP and Mana. The former hurts, the later is just a dick move.

We fight through the Samurai and most of the Monks without much problem. Things take a turn for the worse when Hugo and his Bouncers enter the fray. Hugo manages to use Keeper of the Abyss on two different turns and kill four of our units himself before going down. His Bouncers land killing blows on four more of our units. A Magichanged Desco wielded by our Valkyrie are only units left standing at the end.

We got him! Desco is now…

Sweet! We finally got to the happy ending!

I can’t believe it…
Did we really defeat my father?

...As expected of you, Tyrant. You were the only man in history who has ever inflicted a wound upon my skin.
But...it seems you haven’t regained all of your original power yet.

...Neither have you.
Everyone, keep our guards up! That wasn’t his full power!
We can expect at least three levels of transformations, with additional power multipliers every time!

Seriously!? Aww, come on!
My dream seems to love all kinds of unnecessary excitement!

I should be ashamed for thinking that we would be able to settle this so easily.

Father’s transformations…
This will be my first time seeing them!

The President is just another obstacle that stands in the way of my Lord’s true mission.
All is for my Lord…
With every fiber of my being…
I will get him!

Hmhmhm…
There’s no need to be so tense.
That was all the power I have…
I have nothing left. Not even the power to transform…

Whaaat!? No way!
Desco is very disappointed!

Huh? Then…
Does that mean this IS the happy ending!?

I hope it’ll be this easy...

Huh? Why are you so negative?

Call it being rational.
I just know the harshness of reality.

How!? Why, Father!?
How is it possible that you have no power left!?

Explain this to me!
The Yakshas, the Overlords, and now even you’ve become a wimp!?

I have lost most of my power, as well.
Consequently, like you, I can no longer transform into my true form.

The effects of the fear energy…

So you knew? Valvatorez has indeed been gifted with a great partner.

The fear energy?
I feel like I’ve heard those words before.
...What was that again?

It’s the energy that’s created when humans are scared of the darkness.
Human fear is like water and oxygen for us demons in the Netherworld.

And then there’s the awe energy, which is created when humans worship the heavens.
Awe energy gives us Celestial servants power and courage.

Huh, talk about eco-friendly!

Its effects are greater on demons with more power. Most of the demons who serve the corrupternment have become worthless…

But it’s not like the decrease in fear energy just started recently.
With the development of scientific technology, the humans began to create less and less fear energy.
However, this would’ve been stopped if we demons fulfilled our basic responsibility of scaring the humans.

We tried.
The entire Netherworld worked around the clock to planet more fear into human minds.
However, the humans progressed much faster than we expected. They ousted the demons using their scientific advancements.
And it wasn’t just science. They developed a much more dreadful power, which incorporated technology with magic.
It was a violent power that brought out fear in us demons in return…

Th-that’s a total lie!
I didn’t read about any of that in my textbooks!
We have electricity and gas, but I’ve never heard of or seen magic technology before!

Human girl…
The technology that is made public in the Human World is only the tip of the iceberg.
I’m sure you’ve experienced falsified information from the authorities firsthand by now…

Ugh…

Keep their fear energy to themselves!?
Impossible! How could they…?

It’s simple. If humans begin to only fear themselves, the energy they build up will stay within the Human World.
Wars, terrorism, weapons of mass destruction, accidents caused by human error, and daily incidents of murder…
What the humans fear now are humans themselves.
Horror stories and urban legends…
They’re all created to make humans fear themselves.

Seriously!? You mean, horror movies were created so us humans can hog all of our fear energy?

That’s correct.
The distribution of fear energy to the Netherworld has been completely cut off.

Completely!? Not only will demons diminish, but the Netherworld itself will be totally eroded away!

Fortunately, or perhaps unfortunately, apparently demons have become valuable research materials for humans.
So, one day… The humans came over to bargain with us.
In exchange for their fear energy, they asked to study and research demon bodies.

You fool. Agreeing to that will only give the humans even more power to abuse.

It was either forced oppression or slowly succumbing to a lack of fear energy… We were doomed either way.

Those humans…!
Cowards…!

So…
Desco was the result of that research…

So you were forced to make that deal with the humans…

Father…
I had no idea…I didn’t know anything about that…

They’ve only been allowing a minimal amount of fear energy to trickle into the Netherworld. You’ve seen the effects of that already.

To conceal the weakening of the corrupternment and prevent possible rebellion, falsifying information became inevitable…

The reason behind the presence of waste from the Human World and those mutated demons…

The reason for trying to control the Netherworld with the A-Virus...

The reason for everything...

Indeed…
The Netherworld has already been brought under the control of a single human…

And that’s all folks! The End! No moral.

Nah, not really. The 7th Episode being named the Final Episode at the start before a 1 gets pulled out is a bit of a troll on long time fans. As Disgaea 3's length, eight Episodes vs 2's thirteen and 1's fourteen, was a point of contention among fans.

Next time on Disgaea 4!: The Judge.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

They also had the preview to this episode be serious instead of the usual idiocy, harkening back to the way Etna's previews were complete lunacy, except the last one.

Valvatorez, please, keep your battle lust in your cape.

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
I was hoping for sardines instead of camaraderie packing everyone together, I guess that'll be saved for the second finale.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Now on Disgaea 4!: The Judge...

How could anyone have imagined the Netherworld was being controlled by a human!?

That’s right, our new enemy is the “purine”! Sardines, which I had so much faith and respect for, possess mass amount of purines!

Now this is a top ten anime betrayal.

No, you fool! It’s “purines”!
They are definitely more horrific than prunes! Just go ask your father.
The prunes are broken down into uric acid in your body. They become enemies of patients who have hyperuricemia!

Hyperuricemia is, basically, what causes gout.

But don’t worry! Purines are also found in many other foods!
So basically, what I’m trying to say is… Eat sardines!
And refrain from eating too many other foods!

Oh. Well live and let live right?

Ahhh! That’s a really easy solution!

The absolute cowards at Nippon Ichi didn't make that a real move for Val.

The bottom line is, you just want people to eat sardines, no matter what.

My Lord…

That is completely absurd!
A human is in control of the Netherworld, you say!?

Wh-whose voice is that!?
It seems like it’s echoing inside my head!

Desco doesn’t feel good about this at all…
His voice has a very malicious tone…

Huh?
It just sounds like a perverted old man’s voice to me.

You’ve earned the right to be called a pervert, by sneaking around and peeping on us. Show yourself.

I remember this guy putting the squeeze on the President earlier.

Bastard… Who the hell are you?

Shouldn’t you introduce yourself first, Valvatorez?

(This man… How does he know who I am…?)

Oh, but this might be a bit of a problem for me, since I got rid of my name a long time ago.

So you're Mr. Nameless?
That's kind of stupid...

I didn’t get rid of it because I didn’t like it.
I got rid of it because it was useless to me while I was being reborn.

Getting rid of their name to be reborn?
That's a typical human thing to do to escape reality. It's the stereotypical mindset of a criminal.

A criminal? Good guess.
Sure, many humans may view me as something like that.
But I’m not a criminal. I was born to judge humanity’s sins.

Nemo means “no one” in Latin.

This is the ruler of the Human World, who monopolizes the fear energy and controls the Netherworld.

The ruler of the Human World? Ewww!
I’ve never seen this guy before in my life!

Hey! Sure, I don’t remember his name, but I’d at least recognize his face! It’s...that guy with the greasy face!

I’ve never heard of a ruler of the Human World before!

Ruling both the Human World and the Netherworld behind the scenes, without ever appearing in public...

Ugh, he is pretty final bosslike, isn’t he!?
Desco feels defeated!

So, Valvatorez, you’ve defeated the President in a world where violence equals justice. That means you’re the top dog of the Netherworld.
I heard you’re trying to bring the sensibilities of Hades to the Netherworld and Human World.

...That's right.

Bravo!
This is fantastic, Valvatorez! That’s exactly what I intend to do!

What!?

Actually, my goal is to turn the other worlds into Hades, too!

Hey, wait a second, old man!
Why would the ruler of the Human World wanna bring Hades to his world!?

Why wouldn’t I!?
Humans are garbage! Their very existence is a sin!

I couldn’t agree with you more, but doesn’t that make you garbage, too?

I’m only doing this in the useless demons’ stead! I deserve your gratitude!

Desco, is this what your father is like?

No!
Desco wasn’t created by someone like him!
Besides, Desco was created to complete a very noble task!

A noble task? Like what?
What else are you supposed to do, other than become a final boss?

That’s...um...a secret.

Even from your Big Sis? Interesting...

What do you say, Valvatorez?
Why don’t we join forces, since we have the same goal in mind?
Let’s turn the worlds into Hades together! We can destroy everything!

Shut up!
My goal is not to destroy the universe! It is to discipline both humans and demons!
By turning their worlds into Hades, I will re-educate humans and demons and return them both to what they’re supposed to be!

But the worlds are gonna be like Hades, after all, right?
So what’s the difference?

I am also a Human and I would like a third option too please.

Although the worlds will become like Hades in either situation, their motives and purposes are completely different.

That is correct!
Hades is the place where you atone for your sins and train yourself to reform!
But you speak of using Hades to destroy the worlds...I would never team up with a fool who holds such absurd ideas!

Are you choosing to oppose me?
Even if I stop the distribution of fear energy? Even if you know that you can never defeat me?

Even if we don’t have fear energy, I still have sardine energy.
Plus, I don’t seem to remember ever not being able to defeat you.

Hmhmhm...isn’t that a bit arrogant?
Do you think you stand a chance against me, just because you defeated Hugo?
Okay, fine. Let’s end this. The Netherworld will be annihilated and it’ll all be thanks to you, Valvatorez.

Geez, you seriously aren’t making any sense.
Are you gonna save us or not?

Okay, then come to the Human World.
I’ll try to break things down for you there so that you’ll finally understand…
That you’ll never defeat me.
Hmhmhm… Hahahahaha!

Wait, Nemo!
You will regret appearing before us here and acting like a final boss!

You've looked very concerned for this whole scene Vulcanus. Anything you want to share?

No? Well, we got time.

Next time on Disgaea 4!: The Human World.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

The fool. Sardines come from the human world. Valvatorez will be stronger than ever!

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Captain Nemo: Hey, get your own drat name.
Odysseus: Should I say something here too?

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Now on Disgaea 4!: The Human World.

Fuka, I think we have a more important matter to deal with now.

We defeated him, so I get to be the President now, right!?

No, you idiot.
The current President is none other than my master, Lord Valvatorez.

What!? Are you serious!?
So if I want the position, then I just have to take Valzy down, right?

Okay!
Desco is always on Big Sis’ side! Desco will fight together with you!

Fools! I am not your enemy!
If you want the position, just take it! First come, first served!

What!? First come, first served!?
I won’t have that!

Honestly? I'm not even surprised.

Warden Axel!? You’re still alive!?

Of course I am!
I will never die! For I am Axel!

…No, I doubt that’s the real reason.
You’re not making any sense at all, either.

I bet he’s another fake!

A remaining A-Virus! We must disinfect it!

My blood is perfect for this.
I can offer him a sip of it for a million HL.

Did you think no one would notice that you just upped the price?

My real mission was to dye this Netherworld my colors!
As the Dark Hero, I have traveled the various Netherworlds. But when I arrived in my thousandth Netherworld…
I realized that the only Netherworld I hasn’t visited was the one belonging to Earth!
However, what awaited me here were various nefarious corrupternment traps!
The corrupternment feared my charismatic arrival, so they captured and confined me to Hades.
From then on, I was literally in a living hell…! But, I never gave up!
To reach the masses of this Netherworld, I sucked up to the corrupternment officials until I finally rose to the position of Warden!

So what’s the point of telling us all of that now…?
Why are you doing this?

Because I had completely forgotten about it! Just let me finish!

Forgotten about what? Your initial goal?

Correct! To hide my initial motives, I became someone else and played up to the corrupternment, but I got way too into it!
My amazing acting skills had even tricked myself!

This is the lameness excuse ever Axel. Not even this party of idiots will fall for it.

It’s not your “amazing acting skills.”
You’re just an idiot.

See.

Say what you want! After all these years of struggling, my efforts will finally be worth it! ...First come, first served!

Alright, it’s decided, then.
You’re the 62nd President of the Netherworld.

Goddamn Val.

Axel's title now changes from Warden to President.[/i]

Alright! I know we’ve had a lot of ups and downs in the past, but as far as I’m concerned, it’s all water under the bridge!
Now leave this place to me and go to the Human World! Go on, get!
I’ll make sure to make this Netherworld bleed my colors while you’re away!
Yaaa-hoooooo!

...Huh?
So, that was it? Really?

Are you serious!?
You can’t do that without my consent! This is MY dream!

Are you still talking about that?
This isn’t your dream. It’s reality.

No way! This is a dream!
This can’t be happening for reals!

How could this be…?
Out of everyone, that idiot became the President. This world is doomed.

It’ll be fine.
Besides, I thought Mr. Vampire was after something much more significant…
I’m sure his mind is occupied with something more important than the position of President.

You don’t have to tell me.
Usurping the regime was only the first milestone of our Lord’s path to supremacy.

Treating my father as only a milestone…
How far do you plan on going.?

Hmhmhm… That’s a secret.

Well, I’m looking forward to the day when that secret is revealed.

Shut up. This doesn’t even involve you in any way.
I plan on getting rid of you sooner or later.

Oh, I get it!
This must be one of those dreams where I become the ruler of the Human World!
That must be it! We just have to defeat that gross old man, Captain Nemo, or whatever, right?

Not quite right, but at least they still have the kids read the classics.

It’s Judge Nemo, Big Sis.

And you’re calling the ruler of the Human World, who was also controlling my father, a gross old man…?

Hmph…She’s just an idiot.
Although, I suppose it’s better than having her crying and whining all the time…

Whatever the reason is, it’s great that you’re motivated to defeat that Judge Nemo person. Be prepared for it, lass.

Sure thing! When I’m the ruler of the Human World, I’m gonna turn all the idols in the world into my own personal Prinnies!
Okay, everyone! Let’s get going!

Ugh…!
What is going on with the air!? It smells terrible…

They seem to have focused on developing environmental pollution, poisoning the very air they breathe… Pathetic creatures…

Man, I missed this place so much!
...It feels so weird. I’m only in a dream, but it feels like I haven’t been here in a while.

You…
How can you stand this smell?

Huh? What smell?
Did you fart or something?

This air brings back memories…
Desco hasn’t been here since she was thrown away.

Thrown away…?
You must’ve been through a lot…
I admire you for being so cheerful, even after everything you’ve been through.

Hehe…
But, it’s all Desco’s fault for not being strong enough to be a final boss.
Plus, afterwards, Desco was able to meet Big Sis and grow in strength, so Desco was lucky to be thrown down to Hades.

Definitely not!
Until Desco becomes the most badass final boss and gains Big Sis’ approval as a little sister, her battle isn’t over!

Good, that’s what I like to hear.
Your goal for now is to defeat Judge Nemo! That will help you become a final boss!

Yes! Desco will keep learning!
This is to become a magnificent final boss!

What’s the matter, whelp?
Worried about your father? We won’t force you to come along with us if you don’t want to.

So are you insisting that he stay with his father and live happily ever after, Mr. Tsundere?

...Unfortunately, your assumption is incorrect.
I’m just telling him to run away to his father, where he belongs, if he’s scared.

I’m not going back.

Why not?
Didn’t you guys make up?

We did.
Father didn’t mean to abandon me.

Your father, the ruler of the Netherworld, became a slave to the humans.

No, please…
Well, I was definitely surprised…
I knew the tricks that the corrupternment were playing weren’t like you...but I never would’ve imagined that humans were to blame.

I’m sorry, Emizel. I’ve put you through so much…
The harsh treatment I’d given you was to protect the Netherworld, as the President…
It was also to keep you away from here… Away from the power of the Human World…
I know it sounds like I’m just making excuses now...but that was all I was able to do, as our father.

No, Father…
I’m the one who needs to apologize.
Not only did I fail to meet your expectations, I didn’t even realize all the problems you were bearing by yourself… I’m sorry…

Hmhmhm…
You’ve grown so much, Emizel. You’ve learned much from Valvatorez.

He’s just a…
...I have to go now, Father.

So you’re leaving?

Yes. The Human World needs correcting if the Netherworld is ever gonna return to normal.
Valvatorez possesses a superior ability, but he still needs a lot of help when it comes to details.
Plus, I personally have something against that Nemo guy for what he’s done to you and everyone else in the Netherworld.

...I understand.
The Netherworld’s future is in your hands, my son.

Yes, Father.
Once I finish this mission, I’m going to run for President.

That's one father-child reconciliation for our younger cast members so far.

Why do you care?
(Now I have an even greater goal… To become the President.)
(After we defeat Nemo and bring order back to both the Human World and the Netherworld…)
(You better be ready for me, Axel!!!)

It’s gotta be one of my hardcore fans stalking me to kill me again!
Hmhmhm…! My charisma is slowly spreading through this Netherworld. It ain’t easy being popular!

I’m not sure, but we’re definitely in the Human World.
We were forcefully diverted here when the Dimension Guide attempted to connect with the Human World.
I’m assuming Judge Nemo interfered with the connection. As proof…

Let’s enjoy this opportunity to test the power of the human weapons which have controlled the Netherworld for so long.

Those’re…
What the hell are they doing here?

Miss Fuka, do you know what they are?

Yeah, they’re almighty combat bio-suits, code-named: Zodiac.
They’re super deadly suits of armor designed to withstand all kinds of extreme conditions.
It multiples its wearer’s power 500 times!
Even if kindergarteners were wearing one, they could kill a normal demon instantly!

Why would you know that Fuka?

No…!
I see a flicker of intelligence coming from Fuka’s brain…!

Your shock is understandable, but you’re being rude, Mr. Emizel.
It’s only natural for Big Sis to know-

That's it for this conversation!
They're coming! Everyone, get in position!

Simple set up here. 16 Bio-Suits are standing on DEF +100% Geo Panels. Those are in close range and easily destroyed. The Bio-Suits are strangely passive on their first turn, so by the time they start attacking half of them are dead.

Desco wasn't about to lose to them.
Desco used to play with them all the time.

Huh? "Played with them"?
What do you mean by that?

When Desco lived in the lab, she play tested with them many times.

Play test? Sounds like fun.

Mmhm, it was pretty fun.
We beat each other up until one of us stopped moving.

O-oh...?
Well, that sounds interesting...

So you did attack me, didn't you!?

N-no, it wasn't Desco!
Please believe Desco, Big Sis!

I wanna believe you, but...
Then who was it!? Who attacked me!?

Desco doesn't know...
Desco is sorry...

I have something to ask you, too.
What do you know, lass?

What do you mean?

It's understandable that Desco, who was created by humans, has a connection with these murderous weapons.
But it's rather suspicious for you to know so much about those bio-suits when you have no knowledge of anything else.

Well...
I just know a little bit about my dad's work...

Here comes Fuka's turn to work out her parental problems.

So, could there be some relation between Miss Fuka's father and Miss Desco...?

Big Sis...

Impossible or not, we'll find out eventually.
But before that...we must get rid of the Peeping Tom right here.

I would've sensed your filthy presence whether I wanted to or not.
It's rather unpleasant.

The one who doesn't know who they're dealing with is you, you foolish human with the title of Judge.

Well, I was just testing you guys before. You wouldn't be worthy of an invitation if you had died.
I'm a busy man. I don't want to waste unnecessary time or money. But, you guys passed my test. I'm welcoming you here as official guests. Our budget is limitless for you now.
Just follow the path and you'll be set! Guests are treated like gods here! We'll give you the best service possible!

Huh? You drunk?
Calm down, we're starting to lose you.

Oh you know, I'm like...well, I don't want to offend anyone out there, but basically, I'm missing a bolt or two up here.

Ah, well, then you can't help it, I guess.

I'm glad you understand. You're a good man, Valvatorez.

There's a flash and he's gone.

What?

Please believe Desco.
Desco really didn't attack you...

Okay, I get it. Let's just go.

Big Sis...

(I wish I could believe her...)
(But then, who was it that attacked me...?)
(Dad...What were you working on in your lab?)

Next time on Disgaea 4!: Top Secret Weapons.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Now on Disgaea 4!: Top Secret Weapons.

Simple little map. We just need to pick the enemy units up and throw them clear of the Geo Blocks they are standing on and kill them.

You better keep is entertained, or some of us might even start asking for compensation for having to put up with all of this.

...Are you talking about me, Mr. Vampire?

??? What are you insinuating?
Up next is the “Proof”. Here’s the proof that demons aren’t needed in the Human World.

A bunch of demons teleport in.

This is Earth! What are these demons doing here!?

They’re not demons. They’re clones of demons, to be specific.

Demon clones, you say!?

That's what the man said Valzy.

They are man-made demons, created from the demon cells that I obtained through the deal I made with the corrupternment!

The humans have created their own demons…
That is just...barbaric!

How…!? I had no idea…!

Don’t tell me that Dad is helping to create these demons, too…
This is supposed to be in my dream. That would never happen… Never!

Isn’t this fun, Valvatorez? Humans have surpassed demons.
You understand now, right? There’s no room for demons anywhere anymore.
Neither in this world, nor the other world.
Demons no longer have the power to admonish humans. I’m the only one who can administer punishment!

Nonsense!
You’re just a fool who keeps piling up sins under the name of Judge!
You think you can replace real demons with artificial ones? Don’t make me laugh! Haha!
I…! We…! We will show you the power of real demons!

I tried to finish this stage quickly on the first go. As there's a Geo Block with Deathblow in the upper left. Which lets you kill any enemy in one hit so long as it lands. This over extended my units however, and they got cut down. So I went with old tried and true method of clustering everyone together and pushing forward slowly. Enemy AI isn't the smartest as a lot of them come off the Boost and Recovery Geo Panels to fight.

However, how are you guys able to use so much power, when there is so little fear energy going around?

It’s all thanks to… Sardines!

Sardines? The fish?
Your powers are derived from sardines?

That's right! You've brought him to the very source of his powers!

That is correct!

That is NOT correct! I hate fish! Don’t include me in this!

Mr. Vampire is probably the only one here who could obtain power from eating sardines.

Each of us has a reason to get stronger without depending on fear energy.
Our strong will and motivation are the sources of our power.

Demons? You mean those clones, right!?
Impossible! They are nothing but destructive weapons!
Demons exist to admonish humans! Humans shouldn’t be creating such things… Ever!
Demons aren’t destructive weapons! We’re the messengers of darkness, tasked with admonishing humans!

Admonishing humans through fear…? The messengers of darkness…? How can you be so arrogant!?
Where were you when you were needed most, huh!? Did you give humans the admonishment they deserved after what happened back then!?
No, you did not!
What are you doing in this world, where innocent lives are forsaken, and life is extended to those who deserve to die!?

Hey… What are you saying?

That you've done a bad job and he can do it better.

You still don’t get it?
Demons have neglected humans… Demons are useless.
Valvatorez… You seem to have a great goal in mind, but it’s worthless if you can’t execute it.
Besides, even if demons have finally remembered their responsibilities… It’s too late.
Demons should be content with acting as smart weapons, being deployed as I see fit.

So...do you intend to destroy the Human World with your weapons?

Exactly…
There’s no use in admonishing humans. They deserve to wallow in regret, fall to despair, and head toward destruction.

A final boss must kill everyone…
That’s imprinted into Desco’s mind, too.
But Desco was only gonna kill everyone except for Daddy and Big Sis…

Only some final bosses make it a goal to kill everyone Desco. There's a lot of different options, such as conquering the know universe, becoming god, or trying to force a princess to marry you.

Judge Nemo won’t allow that.
He’ll destroy everyone, including Miss Fuka…

I think he’s crazy…

...Destroy humans, huh?
What could be fueling all of your hatred towards them?

Hatred? Hmph…
That word doesn’t even come close to describing my feelings toward them!
Humans… They deserve to go extinct.
Those worthless creatures continue to hate, envy, and fight each other to this day.
They kill each other to indulge their desires. Isn’t that pathetic?
They’re hopeless. That’s why humans must be annihilated, down to the very last one.

You know in a way Nemo is an eco-villain. Since the whole game has been reminding us that a delicate balance exists between the three worlds where if one fails they all fail. Someone should have called Captain Planet.

You have no right to be their ruler!
The ruler of a world must protect its residents...not destroy them…

Please…! Stop this nonsense!
Humans still aren’t as hopeless as you think they are!

Sure, I might not have the right…
But becoming the ruler was inevitable for me.
It just happened while I was working on gaining enough power to destroy the human race.

…!?

Did he just totally ignore Art-uh… Vulcanus?

You're really dragging this reveal out game.

Well, see ya!
I’ll go prepare the next show for you.

That man…
He didn’t seem to notice the angel.

He didn’t see her? Why not?
She was standing right in front of him…

He…
He’s lost his faith, thanks to his abundant hatred for the world.
Human faith, the awe energy, is the source of all Celestial servants’ very existence.
Humans that have strong faith receive more protection from the heavens, and sometimes they get to encounter us holy beings.
However, those humans that have no faith…

Don’t receive any protection, nor will they ever get to see you.

Hmph… It’s a mercenary system.
And you guys call yourselves holy…

Judge Nemo…
A man who denies demons and distrusts angels.

(But you were doing research day and night after Mom died…)
(With your skills and knowledge, the bio-suits and demon clones could’ve been…)

Are you okay, Big Sis?

...Sorry.
I really don’t feel like talking to you right now.

Big Sis…

A boring map. We get two Geo Blocks that give us some boosts and then it is just a straight brawl with the enemies.

This one was a little more interesting. As our Base Panel is placed in the middle of a bunch of Geo Panels that gave Enemies a 50%+ boost. Except I found it is easy to block the entrances to this area. I also managed to grab and throw two Geo Blocks over to the Geo Panels to give our units ATK 50%+ and 20% Recovery. Nothing to difficult.

That's right. Three stages in a row without any story segments.

This is my most disliked map in the game. As I wrongly concluded I had to destroy the Geo Blocks around the Base Panel and work my down them like a stairwell to get to the red one at the bottom. Except, no, I didn't. I just needed to stand a ranged unit on the Base Panel with a skill of enough range to hit the two enemy units on the other pillar.

Who’s that?
Some strange human is coming this way.

Hey, that’s…!

...Hey. What did you just call him!? He’s my dad!

Yes, Desco knows…
That’s why you’re Desco’s big sister.

Ugh… Agh… Aggghhh!!!

I swing back and forth on the above reaction as Fuka's cognitive dissonance starting to break down or her having one of those moments when you finally realize something that was super obvious in retrospect and feel dumb for not realizing it sooner.

Whoa, hey! What’s the matter, lass!?
Have you finally gone mad!?

Lord, please excuse my audacity.
However, this lass’ insanity didn’t just start right now…

What the!? Huh!?
My dad rally created Desco…? The final boss to destroy all humans!?
This is my dreeeam! I can’t believe my father turned out to be an enemy!
What kind of space war story is this!?

It certainly ain't no Star War I say. Fuka hasn't even lost a hand.

Lass, what kind of man is your father, exactly?
If he created Desco, then he can’t be just an ordinary human.

“Mad”…?
Is that his official job title…?

You've seen what he's been doing here and who he's working for. The title is apt.

What the hell are you doing, Dad!?
Have you teamed up with that Nemo guy!? Are you trying to destroy everyone!?

Huh!?
You JUST noticed me!? I’m your daughter!

Fuka, what are you doing here?
I thought you went to Hell.

What…!?
How can you say that about your own daughter!?

Well, you’re not the Heaven-type, you know?

Wow guy. Like, you aren't wrong, but cushion the blow a little.

Urrrgh! What the hell’s your problem!?
Plus, I’m not even dead! Are you telling me that I died!?

Yup, you died. You definitely died.

Now, lass, do you remember your promise?
Now you must go through my intensive training to become a Prinny!
Prinny Rule No. 1! You shall always include the word “dood” in every line you say!

Val, buddy... This is not the moment for this.

No! This is a dream! No, a nightmare!
This is all some kind of misunderstanding! My dad would never help a villain destroy humans!
So this can’t be real!

This is a very easy stage. As the enemies come in single file, they can't use Skills, and their HP value is very low due to the flip in HP/SP values.

Well, I’m disappointed in you!
How could you become an evil scientist!?

What are you saing, Fuka?
There’s no good or evil in science. It’s only what we humans make it out to be.

You can’t fool me!
You made Desco, the bio-suits, the clones… You created all of them!

That’s right! What’d you think? Weren’t they great?
Although, they may need improvements, given that they were defeated by demons who lack access to fear energy.
Young man, just out of scientific curiosity, where is all of your great power coming from?

Hmhmhm, I thought you’d never ask…

Shut up! What, sardines again!?
Just stay out of this for now, will ya!?

Gh…!!

But the party has just begun.
Shall we start the main event? Dr. Kazamatsuri, could you please activate “it” now?

Sure thing. Everything should be ready.
I’ve been sending their battle data to “it” as we went, so “it” should be ready to go at any time.

Of course, Doctor.
My time and effort spent bringing you here has been well worth it for your abilities.

Nah.
It’s the amount of funding you offered that helped me with my research.
We both know that we’re just using each other. There’s no need for you to flatter me.

You’re all business, huh, Doctor?
That’s what I like about you. Anyway, it’s all you now!

What is your research all about!?

I can’t tell you yet…
But you’ll find out soon enough.

Hey! Wait!
Don’t run away from me, you old man!

Like father, like daughter…
He’s unpredictable.

He’s...he’s not my dad!
He’s never done a single thing for me that’s even remotely fatherlike!

So, you had no idea what kind of research your father was doing?

I knew it was something related to the military, but I didn’t think it was to destroy everyone…

What part of me is weird!?
And don’t pity me, fool!

I did not expect a Mr. T's reference!

In any event, everything worked out in the end.
Now it’s been proven that you and Desco are half-sisters.

...That’s what it seems like.
Whether that’s good or bad…

Big Sis…

Sorry, Desco. You were created and then they treated you as a final boss or destructive weapon or whatever… It must’ve been hard.
I’m so sorry that you had to go through all of that because of Dad.

It’s okay!
Please don’t worry about Desco, Big Sis! Desco is okay!
All Desco wants is for Big Sis to approve of her as your little sister!

Sure. Looks like I have no choice but to approve of you as my little sister…
At least until I wake up from this dream.

Glad their sisterly bond hasn't wavered.

Hmhmhm, I’m so happy for you, Miss Desco.

Huh?
Hey, I didn’t get to find out anything about who attacked me!

Your father should know that, right?
He made it pretty clear that you’re dead.

I said… I’M NOT DEAD!

I’m sure we’ll find out the truth during the upcoming main event.

Oh? What makes you so sure?

Oh, I see.
You’re rather convincing for some reason…

You’re so impatient.
Do you know that the final moments of your lives are just around the corner?
Well, see ya! Doctor, it’s all you now.

Dad! What are you gonna do to us now!

You might not know this about me, but I’m kind of a movie fanatic.
Remember that one about the dinosaur clones? Well, that movie inspired me to create demon clones.
And this time, I collected only the highest quality cells from those clones to create this one…
The ultimate final weapon! The true final boss!

Jurassic Park was a cautionary tale! Not a blueprint!
God this is just like the techwizs now looking at their favorite cyberpunk books and going, "we're going to build all the stuff with the big DON'T BUILD sign the author put up."

The true final boss?

Finally, the time has come…
Desco will meet her…

So you know who it is?
The true final boss…?

Yes.
She is the completed form of the final weapon that defeated Desco and cast her into Hades.

So she is the Main Event, the true final boss…!

...She looks a lot like Miss Desco.

...A lot?
The only thing different about her is the color.

Was that a cost-cutting tactic by the creator?
...Explain this to us, lass.

Don’t ask me!
Go ask my dad if you really wanna know!

Shut up, scum.

You…!
How dare you call my Lord scum, being that you are a mere-made monster!?

What’s wrong with calling scum, scum?
I am the most powerful true final boss, Lady DES X!

DES X…

Hmph. Well, well, what a surprise…
I didn’t know who to expect, but… I didn’t think I was gonna see two of the punks I killed before.

There is another difference between the two. DES X speaks with the voice of a grown woman instead of Desco's more childish tone.

Two…?

Why do you keep getting in my way?
Do you wanna be killed again? Huh? Why is that!? Desco! Fuka!

That’s right!
I killed you with my own hands!

That’s two witnesses now, including your father.
And this time, it’s the killer herself. Lass, it’s been proven already. You are already dead.

No! I Am! Not!
See!? I’m here! I’m alive! Look!

So you haven’t realized it, huh? How annoying…
Okay, well, I’ll just have to kill you over and over again, until you accept it.

Hmph. Be my guest.

Shut up! I am totally not dead!
And this is just my dream! So it’s impossible for me to die!

That’s right! Plus, Big Sis has Desco!
And Desco will not let Big Sis die!

Never. That memory is embedded inside Desco’s memory chip.
But Desco isn’t the same Desco you faced back then! Desco will not lose!

Are you saying you’ve been training in Hades or something? Gimme a break.
You’re kidding, right? You’re just a prototype! A test model they created in the process of completing me!
No matter how much stronger you’ve gotten, there’s not even a 1% chance for you to defeat me!

Th-that’s…

That’s not true! Desco is my little sister!
Me, who’s gonna be the ruler of Earth, and Desco, who’s gonna be the strongest final boss!
There is no way that this Golden and Gorgeous Duo will lost to you!

B-Big Sis…

Huh? What are you talking about? You’re just a ghost, a dead human.
Whatever. I’ll just smash you, along with your soul, so you’ll never be able to talk to me like that again.

I won’t let that happen.
I’m not gonna allow any more of this autocratic crap by humans.

If the entire Human World becomes evil, Celestia will be out of business.
For our future profits, I back Miss Desco up entirely. And for free...for now.

All is for my Lord…
I will kill whoever stands in my Lord’s path to supremacy.

Everyone…Desco is so happy!
Desco is feeling more energized! This must be the power of friendship!
This is a great lesson for a final boss!

Unorthodox, but final bosses make their own rules!

Hmhm…
Finally, this is starting to feel like the main event.
Everyone! Let’s win this battle…
...For Desco and the lass!

Know your place, scum!
I’ll kill all of you, if that is what you wish!

DES X has the same Evilities and Skills as Desco. Final Boss Setting boosts ATK 20% per adjacent ally and Mana Scarcity boosts boosts ATK 50% while reducing Mana gain 30%. Which she doesn't need as a NPC.
Also mirroring the fight with Desco, DES X is behind a No Entry Geo Panel barrier. Unlike with the fight Desco we don't need to do anything about it. As the Geo Block just ups and moves on its own and deactivating the barrier.

See? I told you we, the Golden and Gorgeous Duo, weren’t gonna lose.

Um, I doubt you two would’ve won that on your own.
We helped you win, you know?

* sigh *
That was a lot of trouble…

Sure, true final bosses are a lot of trouble, I suppose.

No.
I’m talking about the lass’ father, for creating that thing.

He created a final boss to destroy the Human World…
Does he hate humans, as well?

He was a weirdo to begin with, but I didn’t think he wanted to destroy everyone…
Maybe he just went crazy after Mom died…

You don’t know a thing… About your own father!
His thoughts and motivation, nor the reason why he became one of the villains!

What’s your problem…?
Why are you yelling at me?

You don’t know anything. Just because you’re his daughter, you expect that you can act however you want and still be loved.
In comparison, Desco and I are only artificial beings. We’ll never be his real daughters!
No matter how much we want to be!

Wow. Disgaea 4 even has a final boss character have daddy issues!

...So? What’s your point?

Fuka. She just spelled it out for you.

Shhh, Miss Fuka.
Just listen to what she has to say. She might just be…

I can’t be his daughter…
I knew that from the start…But I still envied you…!
I hated you so much! So I killed you to make you disappear from this world!
But you still had the nerve to come back afterwards…! You’re still trying to have Daddy all to yourself!

You…Really?

Shut up! Daddy is my daddy! He’s mine and no one else’s!
Fuka...Desco...and your stupid friends… You’re all eyesores to me! DIEEE!

Oh right. Final bosses have more than one form.

Huh…?
That’s the reason you killed me…?

“Daddy, Daddy!” I have no idea what you find so great about that stupid, old man!
I’m gonna beat you up and put and end to your fantasies!

Fuka has now unlocked her final Skill. Prinny Kaiser XX!

While we do immediately move to the next stage. We can quit out back to base to heal and do things and then come back to find this stage isn't a new map. It just has a new name.

Fuka...drat.
How did she power up like that?

Hmph. It’s no big deal.
It’s probably just an adrenaline rush or something.

That’s not important! I’m just really mad right now!

You’re mad…? Please.
There’s no way I’ll admit this defeat…

Hmph. I still see the energy in her eyes.
As expected from the “true” final boss.

That’s right…
Until I kill every single one of you… I won’t…! I won’t…!

Ah…! Des X has begun to regenerate!
I don’t remember equipping her with that kind of function! This is amazing!
You’re amazing, Des X!

“Amazing”!?
Do you even know why she’s able to do this, Dad!?

If you weren’t like this…!
This wouldn’t have happened! Desco wouldn’t have been thrown out…!
I… I didn’t have to die…!

We're all proud of you Fuka. The first step to healing is acceptance.

So you finally admitted it.
It’s about time…

Indeed.
It’s settled that you’re a Prinny.

Shut up! That’s not the point right now! I’m talking about Dad!
After Mom died, you escaped into your work and left me all alone…
You created Desco and Des X, but you ended up making them feel the same way I did…
What are you doing, Dad!? Don’t you care about anything besides your research!?
Don’t you ever think about our feelings!?

No, I…

How can I believe that!?

Daddy talked about you all the time.
Like, how you wouldn’t take baths with him anymore, how you treat his laundry like filthy objects, or how you stole money from him…

Miss Desco, those are just simple complaints…
Is there anything more heartwarming?

Well, let me see…
He bragged about how sweet you are at heart, even when you were in your rebellious stage in middle school.
He still has the portrait of him that you drew when you were five. He even showed it to Desco.
Daddy’s favorite story of you was when you two went to a summer festival when you were only four years old.
He had to look for you for hours because you got lost, but you had already gone home by yourself.
But still, Daddy was so proud of you for that. He said that you were already an amazing child by the time you were four.

Hmph… Not that I remember…

Everything he does is for you.
Including his research… You’re the only one who doesn’t know that.

He focused on his research because he wanted to escape from everything after Mom died…

That was what Mommy asked Daddy to do…
To continue his research, to make your wish come true.

My...wish…?

Uh huh! Me, Desco, the demon clones…!
We were all created for you! That’s how much Daddy loves you!

That's great, but he really should have balanced his work-home life better.

No… That’s not true…!

Des X is right, Big Sis.
Daddy loves you. He loves you with all his heart.

No way! I don’t believe it!
What’s my wish anyway!? I don’t remember wanting this!

You said you wanted a little sister.

Oh yeah… I did.
But Mom died soon after that…

Big Sis…

But… Seriously…?
You remembered that from so long ago…? A-and created these little sisters for me, Dad…?

That’s right, Fuka.
I created Desco and Des X just for you…

Th...Thanks, Dad…!

NOT! You mad scientist!

Aww, why not!?
I worked really hard for this!

Did you really think I’d be happy to have these freakin’ killing machines as my little sisters!? The hell were you thinking!?

B-but...You’re the one who wanted this.
You said, “I want a little sister with advanced functionality, who is gonna help me take over the world!”

So...you were trying to become a final boss for Fuka’s sake, Desco?

Yes! All is for Big Sis!

Yes! Desco was created to help Big Sis take over the world!

Hmm. Now, I’m concerned.

They’re lying!
They’re totally making things up right now!

I-I even have proof!
Like the Christmas video from when you were five.

N-no… This isn’t…
You’re just all trying to trick me!

Desco has seen that, too!
Big Sis was sooo cute ♥

It’s only natural that you fell to Hades.
Hmhmhm… This is quite amusing.

This isn’t funny!
No, no way! This can’t be real! This is a dream! I know it!
This is a nightmare!

You were making so much progress too.

Fight, Des X! One more time!
Kill them all, then all of humanity!

No way. This is getting kinda boring.
Plus, I’ll only listen to Daddy. Why don’t you do it yourself if you want it so badly?

You…!
Who do you think funded your development, you useless puppet!?

Hmph. He’s showing his true nature.
This “farce” suits you rather well.

Judge Nemo…
Your ambitions have been crushed. Your Hades of destruction will never happen!

Hmph… My ambitions have been crushed?
Hmhmhmhm… You’ve got it all wrong, Valvatorez…
I have been setting up devices everywhere to prepare for humanity’s destruction for a long, long time!
You guys have only awakened another dream…! A nightmare of demolition, the destructive might of Hades!

A nightmare of demolition!?

That’s right! I’m lighting a giant firecracker!

Next time on Disgaea 4!: To the Moon!

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

: Ive come to make an announcement

: Tyrant Valvatorez is a bitch rear end mother fucker

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Dude, you challenged a Disgaea Netherworld to a fight.
Da fuq did you think was gonna happen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Now on Disgaea 4!: To the Moon!

Is he really going to blow up the moon…?

I thought chirimen-jako was the name of an actual fish!

Hmhmhm, and there’s more!
It’s the same deal with kamaage-shirasu!

Aghhh!
I thought the same thing about the kamaage-shirasu!

That’s right! Shirasu usually refers to any kind of fish larva, but the larvae of Japanese anchovies are the most commonly eaten shirasu!

Okay. ...So?

I will stop the destruction of the moon!

Are you serious!?
The moon…? You mean, like the moon in the sky, moon!?

Mmhm.
The moon that orbits our planet.

The moon is going to blow up!? Oh no!
We won’t be able to admire it anymore!

You bastard…!
How could you go after the moon of all things!?

So much hatred towards humans…
Isn’t there any way to stop him…?

Hey wait…
How are you gonna do that? Shoot a nuclear missile up there?

He guess he's more of an ideas guy.

You don’t know?
I thought you were orchestrating this.

Unfortunately, no.
I wish I could finish the job using the technology that the humans invented themselves…
But the good doctor and Des X ended up being useless, so I decided to go with Plan B…

So you’re gonna blow up the moon using the technology outside of Earth?

Ah-ha!
You’re gonna use angels this time, aren’t you!?

Hrrrm!
Desco senses the arrival of a new final boss!

...No matter what kind of power he’s going to use, all life will be lost if the moon is destroyed.
We can’t let that happen…

Mmhm.
Multiple tsunamis due to irregular tides and other abnormal phenomena from changes in our rotational energy…
There won’t be any chance for human survival. Oops, and the fear energy will be gone, along with humans, so no more Netherworld, either.

You sound like you’re enjoying this.
You’re going to die, too, if that happens.

Die? Hmm…
I wonder if I really will?

What do you mean by that?
Don’t you have a plan to survive your own disaster?

I don’t know.
I might, or I might not.

Huh? He’s totally ignoring her.

So he really can’t hear the voice of an angel…

Judge Nemo, I’ll take this as a challenge.
You’ve intentionally revealed your plan in the hopes that we’ll stop you.

Yup, that’s exactly why I told you.
Will you accept my challenge, Valvatorez?

Hmhm, do you think it’s unfair?

No. If this is how you try to get what you want, then do as you wish.
I’ll crush every attempt you make and then I’ll crush that grinning face.

Ooh, nice.
That makes me wanna see your face contorted with pain.

He teleports away.

...Sounds like we’re running out of time.
Let’s go, everyone.

Umm…
Are we really going…?

Indeed!
We are going to the moon!

Don’t be so tense, Fenrich.
We will definitely stop the destruction of the moon. I promise.

My Lord…

Plus, it’s about time you started trusting the other members of the party.

The only things I trust are my own abilities and my Lord, Valvatorez.
I will trust nothing else, nor will I rely on them. This is the way of Fenrich.

Ah...you’re right.

I feel you should have pressed the, "trust the people who've been fighting by our side this whole time," point Val.

Let’s hurry...on to the moon!

Shouldn’t your dad be able to prepare a rocket or some kind of a space shuttle for us?

This is the final battle!
Desco wants something cooler, like a space battleship...o-or a super robot!

That would help a lot.
It’s not like there’s just gonna be an old man and his bunnies waiting for us on the moon.

That's a reference to the Man in the Moon and the Moon Rabbit. Two common interpretations of what one sees in the marks of the moon.

Instead of wasting that kind of labor and money, I’ve already made a dimension tunnel to the moon.
We’ll simply need to talk to the Dimension Guide as usual. Then we’ll instantly be on the moon.

What!? That’s so not cool! Bo-ring!

Shut up!
I’ll turn you into floating space debris if you keep whining, you drat lass!

She's though. That is boring. This is Disgaea and I want an over the top space robot!

You should only say those things when you’re not hiding behind your older sister.
I’m just sayin’…

Is it just me, or is Fenrich in a worse mood than usual?
He might actually turn Fuka into floating space debris…

It’s only natural…
The Werewolves’ power source, the moon, is being threatened.

That’s not the only reason. The moon is the symbol of my loyalty to my Lord.
Those who try to taint such a thing must be abolished as quickly as possible.

Oh my! Did you hear that, Miss Desco?
Something about the moon being the symbol of his loyalty to his lord. I’m super curious.

Desco is curious, too, Big Sis.
What about you, Miss Vulcanus?

Ooh-hehehehe!
Oh, Miss Vulcanus, that’s a little vulgar, isn’t it?

Ooh-hehehehe! You too, Big Sis. You’re drooling.

Now, as we promised last time, shall we continue to work together to discover the truth? Hehehehe….

Are all women like this…?

I’ve always pictured it as a barren field, but the other side seems different.

A little more than an old man and his rabbits for sure.

Not only have they invaded our sanctuary, but they they also built these filthy things…
I don’t know who they are, but I hope they don’t think they can get away with doing this…

That’s right! Only a final boss is entitled to do something like this!
In other words, only Desco is allowed to destroy the moon!

No, you’re not allowed to do that, either.

...Hopefully we can negotiate, and settle this without unnecessary bloodshed. Our Lady Archangel would say the same thing.

Enough with your rational, objective thoughts.
You’ve already come this far with us, you hypocritical bitch.

What’s the matter, Big Sis!?
Your face turned all red!

Mmmmm…!

What is it? Just spit it out.

Pfft-aghhh!!! I can’t do it anymore!
...Wait! Aghhh! The oxygen! Crap! I’m gonna die!

...Miss Fuka, were you holding your breath this whole time?

I suppose middle schools don’t teach kids that demons and angels don’t need oxygen to survive.
And while we’re on the subject, I’ll teach you one more thing: Dead people don’t need oxygen, either.

Hey! I am so not dead!

So you won’t admit it, even when you’re on the moon? Your power of denial is rather impressive.

Ah, you’re right.
How could we talk on the moon if this was really happening? This is definitely a dream.
Haha. It was stupid of me to hold my breath…

I would do anything to stop you from breathing altogether.

Just leave her alone, Fenrich.
You'd only be wasting your time.

That’s enough chatting. It looks like we’ve got special guests.

We’re not trespassers.
We’re here to stop you from destroying the moon.

Stop us? I don’t think so. It’s our duty to destroy the moon.
We won’t allow any actions that aren’t approved by our leader.

Alright, then bring us to your leader.

What a cliched line, but I'll allow it due to this being a reversal of the usual situation.

We don’t have the right to do so.
To see our leader, you must fill out a request form and go through the official channels.

A request form and official channels…?
That sounds really bureaucratic… Who are you guys?

We’re aliens.

Well. Ok. We dealing with aliens now.

Geez, where’s the fun in that? Seriously?

These messengers from from space are our next enemies!? Desco is getting excited!

Aliens or not, it doesn’t matter! I’ll anybody that tries to destroy the moon!

Please, don’t hit me! Who are you people?
I’m calling the cops if you don’t leave!

We’re demons!
...Well, not all of us, but most of us are. Bring on whatever you’ve got!
There’s no reason for us to follow the rules you created for yourselves!
That being said...I’m going to abolish you!

Abolish the Space Police. -Tyrant Valvatorez.

Demons!? One of the unscientific creatures of the universe, like angels and gods!?

...I don’t want some alien telling me what I am.

I thought we were going to negotiate to avoid bloodshed.

Talking doesn’t seem to be working with these businessmen.
Plus, you’re in a hurry, right, Mr. Werewolf?

Hmph. I’m still not fond of that know-it-all look of yours.
...Don’t think you’re doing me a favor.

Hmhm. I would never think that.

With No Lift and No Ranged Geo Panels directly in front of us and No Entry Geo Panels flanking the barrier made of blocks. We charge right up the ramp and hit the blocks to destroy the barrier. The alien androids cause heavy damage with their ranged attacks, but we break through and wipe them out in short order.

It’s impossible to stop it now.
I’m just a worker here. You need to speak to our leader.

...Do you not understand me? I want to know how to stop the destruction. I’ll kill you if you don’t tell me, or even if you don’t know.

Unable to process…
Please cease this unreasonable threat.

Unreasonable? You’re the one who’s trying to destroy the moon because of an order from your leader, chump!
Tell me everything you know… Or else…

Y-yes, okay, I will.
There’s an ignition device over there. If you can turn it off…
Oh, but the plan is already in the final stages. Wrecking the device may be the only way to turn it off now…

So we just have to destroy it?

And…?
Then what will happen?

In the worst case, the reactor core may create a black hole.

A black hole…!?
Isn’t that, like, a much bigger deal than just destroying the moon?

Destroying the moon, or creating a black hole…
It’ll all be over for us either way!

The old catch-22. Damned if we do, damned if we don't.

Judge Nemo...did he plan this out with either possibility in mind? How cunning of him…

No…!
What are we supposed to do…? Help us, Lady Archangel…!

Dammit…! After getting this far…!
Grrraaahhh! Is there anything we can do…!? Think harder, Fenrich!
What is your brain good for!? Think of a way to save the moon…!

The cold and calm Fenrich is…

This is the first time I’ve ever seen him freak out like this.

That’s how much the moon means to him…

A man who serves me should never lose himself like that in the face of such a minor crisis.
This isn’t like you, Fenrich.

My Lord…

I thought I promised you that we will stop this.

H-however, my Lord…

Just think about this. If the ignition device is activated, the moon will be destroyed, and then our worlds will be gone, as well.
On the other hand, if we destroy the device, a black hole may be created…
...In the worst-case scenario. Should we just let the moon be destroy because we fear the worst-case scenario?
Or should we destroy the ignition device and bet our worlds on the possibilities of a positive result? The answer should be clear.

That's an insanely risky gamble Val.

...My apologies, my Lord.
It must have been the intense power emanating from the moon.
We shall go destroy the ignition device.

That’s too risky.
You’re being irrational.

We’re well aware of that!
However, this is what must be done!

Unable to process.
Demons seem not to be following the universal standards of common sense. Retreat.

They teleport away.

Even aliens are scared of black holes, huh?

Aren’t you scared, Big Sis?

Not at all. This is just a dream after all.

Plus, as long as I’m with you, you’re gonna protect me, right?

Of course, Big Sis!

...By the way, why were those aliens trying to destroy the moon?

Next time on Disgaea 4!: Explosive Results.