Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
THE LEFTIST DEMONS OF HELL WANT TO ATTACK AND DETHRONE GOD IN ORDER TO PUT IN PLACE THEIR SICK satanicSARDINIC TEMPLE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Now on Disgaea 4!: Openings and Bans.

Thank you, Lady Flonne.
I can’t imagine what would happen if any of the other Archangels found out about this…
I’m so sorry for all the trouble…

Hmhm. Oh, it was nothing.

Huh…?
I don’t know what exactly it takes to open up a path to a dimension, but Archangels seem to be wicked cool.

How cool is that? Cooler than a final boss?

I don’t wanna flatter myself, but we are super cool.
We’re so cool, final bosses can’t even compare. Hmhmhmhmhm!

...Really? I don’t know if I agree with that…

Ah, it looks like Celestia is running low on intelligent officers as well as on funds.

I leveled Flonne to level 9,999 in Disgaea 1, so that checks out.

Plus, these eyes of mine are very good judges of character!
They’re even better than the Seraph’s, I think…! I’m the one who discovered Artina, you know. Teehee♥

Seriously? Then, can you scout me too when I die? I SO don’t wanna go to Hades.

Hmph. Someone who’s scheming to take over the world could never be an angel.

How do you know!? If this lady can be an Archangel, I’m pretty sure I can, too!

You can’t have my position! I’ll never recruit you!

What!? Why not!? ...You suck!

Mouthed off to the wrong person here Fuka. Enjoy Hades forever.

Pl-please stop, Lady Archangel! Your dignity...as an Archangel…!

...Oops, oh, you’re right.
...Ahem. Well everyone, please take care of my Artina. Make sure she returns safely.

Don’t worry about that. You can count on me.

Thank you…

...I-it’s only natural to protect an ally. There’s no need to thank me.

Hmm.. Valvatorez knows that the Thief Angel is officially Artina now, but his attitude towards her hasn’t changed a bit…
He’s actually acting more indifferent…

Tsk, tsk, tsk. You have no idea, do you?
He’s totally holding himself back. You can tell he can’t stop thinking about her.

He’s just trying to cover it up, huh?
Desco’s excitement is now stimulating her libido.

Shut up, you lascivious females.
My Lord couldn’t possibly be thinking about women before the final battle.

Oh yeah? Isn’t it about time for you to grow apart from your master? Huh?

Threats lose their effectiveness the more you say them without acting on them Fenfen.

Desco will protect Big Sis!

There’s no point in saying that from behind my back!

* sigh * Could you guys please start acting serious already?

Hmhmhm…
I’m not sure if I should feel reassured by their lighthearted attitude or not...

Hmhm… We’re raising a rebellion against God. We should feel completely confident.
Everyone! Let’s go up the “Almighty” God!

Ughhh… Desco hears strange noises, too…

Y-yeah...Sounds like someone moaning...This place is creepy…

...You are a demon, aren’t you?

That’s… It must be the voices of human hatred…
Fear the Great is really gathering a lot of human malice…

We just have to defeat all that malice, so Fear the Great will lose his power source!

Yeah, but… How do we fight something that’s not actually here?

These demons speak with the voice of Judge Nemo.

I won’t forgive you…!

Whoa! Who are you guys!?

They don’t look normal…

These are...The physical forms of malice.
These physical manifestations of malice are wandering around, looking for targets to take all of their anger out on.

The product of fools...It’s enough to make me laugh.

Some of them seem familiar...

The human that we know all too well…
The human who possesses the most malice…

...Ahh. Are you doing this, lass?

Not an unreasonable guess, but still a swing and a miss.

Are you out of your mind!?

My Lord… Please listen to them. You should be able to hear his voice.

Destroy...destroy…

Humans...everything…
Everything...and everyone...who took everything away from me that one day… And who have forsaken me…!

Is this…!? Nemo…? Judge Nemo!?

But what is he talking about?

Producing this much malice by himself…
He must be holding onto a tremendous amount of hatred… So much in fact, that God has forsaken him.

What could have caused him to be this way…? ...Well, not that I care!
Everyone, we must defeat these bodies of malice! Destroy his personal hatred and return them to ash!

The ByeBye Geo Effect causes an explosion that kills the characters standing on the affected Geo Panel. The line that the Base Panel is on is affected by the Silence effect, so I moved units onto the connecting areas to fight.
All the enemies here also have new attack lines in Judge Nemo's voice.

Nothing is impossible for Big Sis. Let’s keep this up and defeat them all!

All of them? How much more of it is out there? I don’t see an end to this…

Th-that voice…!

Arrrggghhhhhhhhh!!!

What is this…!? The voices...are in my head…!

The emotions are flowing in…! These feelings…!

It hurts… So much pain…! So much struggle…
The sadness…! The despair is taking over…!

However, the strongest of all is… Anger…? Or is it hate…?

There’s no forgiveness… I’ll destroy… Everything…!
Father… Mother… Everyone I love…! And… Miss Artina…!
I won’t forgive them… Those who took everyone away from me...and those who didn’t do anything to protect them!
Humans...demons...and angels...I’ll destroy everything!

Malice withdraws.

Is it over…?

That was scary… Desco thought she was gonna go crazy…

Urgh… I feel so dizzy…

Anyway...why don’t you explain now? You know what’s going on, don’t you?

Those words of hatred… What’s his motive?
Revenge? It sounded like the deaths of you and his family had something to do with it.

Hey, you don’t have yo be like that! You’re making it sound like this is Artina’s fault.

That’s true! Miss Artina is a good person!
She’s so good, she was killed by her countrymen for treating their enemies!

You’re right…
I know I’m partially responsible for this…

Huh? But isn’t that weird?
Hasn’t it been a while since Valvatorez stopped drinking blood and lost his powers?

About 400 years, I think.

Then, Artina must’ve died about 400 years ago, too... There’s no way Nemo could’ve met Artina.

Actually… I have met Nemo.
And he has survived for 400 years, to punish the humans for their sins.

Yeah! His soul should’ve been hunted down by Death a long time ago!

No, he evaded Death and survived all these years…
Even after his body crumbled to dust…

So...is he a ghost?

That’s correct… He only exists by the will of his soul.

A ghost, huh?
No wonder he was able to appear in Hades and then on the moon.

A vengeful heart that remains, even after losing his body…
He must possess so much hatred… Is it because of what Fenrich said?

...We don’t have much time. Fear the Great will keep growing through absorbing malice while we stand here.
You’ll have to tell us the story of Judge Nemo’s birth as we keep moving ahead.

Next time on Disgaea 4: The Villain's Tragic Backstory.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Cool motive still murder.

Anyways, gotta feel sorry for Artina for having Flonne as a boss. Well, at least she won't get any poo poo for trying to hit on Valvatorez.

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
So Nemo was named accurately after all.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

"That's cool and all but he still tried to colony drop the Moon, just sayin'"

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Hey, goons. Sorry for the lack of updates. I unfortunately have bad news on the state of this Let's Play.

The HDD I kept the recorded videos of D4 stored on to take screenshots of and that I transcribed text from stopped being detected on my PC. I don't know if the drive has failed. Whether the recent update from Windows 10 to 11 is to blame or something else. I don't have another PC to plug it into to test, and plugging it into different SATA slots hasn't allowed it to show up.

I'll have to take it to Bestbuy to see if they can recover the data on the drive.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

That does sound unpleasant, yes, good luck with the recovery.

Gilgamesh255
Aug 15, 2015
Man, I swear that something similar happened regarding my phone's SD card. It was working just fine, and then my phone updates; suddenly, my phone has trouble detecting it. Mind you, most of the content on it was... private in manner, so to speak, so no big loss, but still, it sucks.

Hope you have good luck getting the data back.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Good luck restoring the data, sucks to lose that kinda thing.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Now on Disgaea 4!: The Villain's Tragic Backstory.

Yeah, so since Geo Effects do not affect the Base Panel you can just pop someone out. Fire some ranged area-of-effect skills, move them, and repeat until you've won. Simple.

Th-there they are again!

Deceiving… Hating… Hurting… Killing…!
Among friends...compatriots… Neighbors...and humans…! They have no right to live…!
And those who just watched… And didn’t do anything… I will punish them all!

Killing among your compatriots…? I wonder if he’s talking Artina?

Miss Artina was killed by her allies under suspicion of being a spy.

That’s because...he actually was involved with my death.

What do you mean by that?

He was the reason I was persecuted…

What…? So was he the key enemy personnel that you treated?

My death is what triggered Judge Nemo’s birth…

...And that’s the responsibility that you were talking about.
Then I’m also partially responsible for this. If I had killed everyone there while I was enraged, this wouldn’t have happened.

But that was because I stopped you…

This is no longer a weight that you must shoulder alone. Don’t blame yourself too much.

So I…!

Are all of these Nemo’s voices? He’s despised humans for 400 years. What the hell happened to him?

We might be able to gain a clue for extinguishing Nemo’s malice by getting to the bottom of that.
It’s time for you to confess, Thief Angel.

Fenfen! Just because your precious Lord might get lured away by her, you don’t have to talk to her like that!

Idiot! How dare you…!

Then let’s start with Judge Nemo’s true identity.

...He was a soldier. An intelligent man who had already a Lieutenant Commander at a very young age.
My country and his were in an extended war, which had started long before either of us were born.
The everlasting hatred was painstakingly portrayed by the punishment he received after failing his mission and getting caught by us.

So you were the one who saved him?

Yes. He happened to wander into my treatment center near the border. He was extremely dehydrated and malnourished.
The doctors and nurses had already escaped the war zone, and only a few patients and I remained.

Hmph, what a fool… You should’ve run away with the others.

Hmhm, you’re right. But I couldn’t.

And that’s why you were killed by your allies?

Yes...I have no regrets. I followed my own beliefs.
The only regret I have is the promise I shared with a certain vampire.

Mr. Vampire wasn’t the only man who suffered because of my death, however…

Judge Nemo, huh?

He wished to end his life, but the war wouldn’t allow that. Once again, he was taken hostage by my country and forced to live.

What a horrible existence…
Of course he would hate humans after that. My nightmare can’t even compare to what he went through for real.

To him, Artina must’ve been like a stream of light in the desert of his despair…

...His hatred toward humans must be immeasurable.

But he fought against his hate for as long as he could. His conscience and reasoning told him that revenge wasn’t the answer.
However, he was dragged further into the darkness by the evils of humanity until, finally, his rationale was broken.
I was always right there by his side, but without my body, the only thing I could do was shout to him with my silent voice.
...He concluded that humans were only good for hurting each other, including their loved ones, and planned his revenge against them.
But this was only to be the beginning of Judge Nemo’s scheme…
He aimed his hatred towards demons and angels for letting humans run rampant, and determined that they were just as guilty…

I visited him many times after Lady Flonne took me in…
Of course, my voice was never able to reach someone who didn’t believe in angels.

That is...really sad…

I wanted to stop him, no matter what. So, I sought help from Lady Flonne.

How did she respond to your pleas?

She said we needed funds to prepare for the rising Armageddon.
So I worked as hard as I could to collect as much HL as possible, as quickly as possible.

Great Flonzor X! Right?

Well...Lady Flonne’s prophecy about the rising world crisis was accurate.
It’s just...the solution that she prepared was that...thing.

Basically, your mission wasn’t to collect money. You were only trying to atone for your guilt.

Yes. I’m fine with not everyone agreeing with me. I’m only here to take responsibility for my own part in this.

...Looks like you really mean it. Fine.
Although we have differing motives, we’re aiming for the same result. Fenrich, any objections?

…I’m not fully convinced, but at least we now have a clue to defeating Nemo’s malice. I have no objections, my Lord.

Excellent. That’s my Fenrich. I’m counting on you.

Next time on Disgaea 4: Repentance.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

I got everything back and transferred to a new HDD, so this LP is back in business goons.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Huzzah! We didn't burn out at the finish!

Well, your poor drive still did.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Don't jinx the new drive!

Gilgamesh255
Aug 15, 2015
Hurray! But if you're feeling burnt out from the story and can't make yourself go through the post game, we'll understand.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Awesome! Glad your data survived the crisis.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Ayyyy we're back.

How is this map? I remember one dude had a huge issue with it due to the geo effects, but he was also kind of a massive gently caress up so...

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Seraphic Neoman posted:

Ayyyy we're back.

How is this map? I remember one dude had a huge issue with it due to the geo effects, but he was also kind of a massive gently caress up so...

Map 10-3? As you can see from the screenshots the Base Panel is centered a kill zone that is overlooked by magical ranged units that have ATK, DEF, increased Ranged boosts. That made them very dangerous. On the enemy's first turn they killed three of my units and proceeded to kill another three as the fight went on. The Armor Knights and Dragon Zombies are strong defensive units and the Dragon Zombies Magichange into weapons that the Armor Knights use. That skyrockets their defensive stats so they can tank through multiple high level Skills, but their attacks don't do much damage and some even missed. Two Rocs are also here.

tl:dr: It was a bloody fight, but not one I found very difficult.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Now on Disgaea 4!: Repentance.

Alright. Four enemies standing on different Geo Effects of varying concern. I'd like to note that despite the below the image showing the Geo Effects ATK +50% and Recovery 20% is not quite correct. As the respective enemies on those blocks are standing on two layers of them. That means they are really getting ATK +100% and Recovery 40%. Artina and our Cleric easily dispatch the Succubus standing on the Reserve Damage effect with their healing spells. Our Star Mage one-shots the Spirit standing on the HP/SP Switch effect as its SP is only half it's HP. Attacks on the Rifle Demon standing on the ATK +100% effects knock about 40% of its HP off out the Reaper recovers to full HP since I miss judged what it would take to knock it out in the first round. Desco gets one shot by the Rifle Demon on the enemy first turn. Our Star Skull and Fuka manage to kill the Reaper. Val brings the Rifle Demon down to about 40% HP. The Rifle Demon knocks out Emizel on the enemy's second turn before falling to our Star Skull's Giga Star spell.

Why don’t you tell us your plan, Fenrich?

Well, it’s nothing great, but… I’ll need to test the waters first.

I made a vow to myself… I’ll...destroy…every human being...!
For myself…! For my family…! For Miss Artina…!

Judge Nemo...do you think that’s really the most righteous thing you can do?
Do you think Artina would be pleased with your actions?

Miss Artina…?

That’s right. Didn’t Artina save you at the cost of her life?
Would a woman like that seek vengeance? Don’t you think this would only disappoint her?

Disappoint…? Miss Artina…?

This is unbelievable! Mr. Fenfen…!

I more surprised that he was actually able to carry on a conversation with Malice…

Judge Nemo… You can hear my voice, can’t you?
You’re purposely trying to not see the angel in front of you, aren’t you? Can’t you see her…?

An angel...you say…? There’s no angel here…! I can’t see her…!

I know you can. You’re just in denial.
You just don’t want to admit the fact that a woman who died because of you has gone on to become an angel.

Wh-what are you talking about? I don’t understand!

Talk to him, Thief Angel.

Th-that voice is…!

Yes, it’s me, Artina. I’m right here.

Th-that’s impossible!

It’s not. You’ve been deceiving your own eyes and heart.
The woman who stands here is none other than Artina. She has watched over you ever since she died.
She has tried to speak to you countless times to save you from your own curse. But her voice never reached your ears. Now, that voice is desperate and pleading!

Mr. Werewolf…

...It’s as if he has seen it himself. I’m rather impressed by my servant.

Ar...tina… Arti...na...

That’s right, Artina is here. She doesn’t wish for you to destroy the world.
...Your actions are only breaking her heart.

Artina…! Artina…!!

Miss Artina is right here with us! Please believe us, Mr. Nemo!

Yeah! Just believe in her, and you’ll be able to see her!

Artina…! Artina…!? Aggghhhhhh!!!

Uh oh! He’s breaking down!

Don’t you dare speak her names, demons! Only I am worthy of calling out her holy name!
I, who dedicated my life to exact retribution for her death, am the only one who can utter her name!

Please stop! I don’t wish for any of this!

...drat! I suppose my words weren’t enough to tame his malice.

You can’t trick me! I’m gonna destroy the world! I’ll kill you all!

Bastard…! Are you saying that you’re even going to kill Artina!?

Miss Artina is dead! Humans and demons are both responsible for killing her! So, I’m gonna kill all of you!

This was the story map that gave me the most trouble by a wide margin. We have Archers on ATK +50% Geo Blocks, there are Sorcerers who cast debuff and aliment spells that can lower defenses, stun, place into slumber, or poison. The Professor throws out healing and buffs, mostly to the Masked Heroes who pop out of the enemy Base Panel every turn. There's also a wrap portal hidden under one of the breakable blocks that teleports units up to the third island that has the other Geo Blocks. Except there's no Geo Panels to throw them onto, so I'm not sure why they're here.

After doing some grinding, weapon buying, skill upgrading I managed it. I also stayed near the Base Panel as the Archers stay rooted to the Geo Blocks they're on and are out of range. That let me build a stairway parallel to the second island to let my Skull and Archer get into range of the enemy Sorcerers and Professor. After they were taken care of I charged everyone else into the enemy Archers and killed them in a turn. No Masked Heroes to deal with.

My life...Was saved by Miss Artina...So…
I’ll dedicate my entire life...To punishing...all human beings...And the entire world…!
That’s...That’s my atonement!

He’s done. He’s becoming fanatical. He won’t listen to our words.

Looks like we shouldn’t have mentioned Miss Artina…

We might have to just defeat each Malice we find, one at a time…

No. We have to make him acknowledge Artina’s existence in order to break him.
He must admit that Artina, the main purpose for his vengeance, has reappeared as an angel.
If he understands the truth, that revenge is not what Artina wants, then his actions and his very existence will be invalidated.
Such mental damage will be much more effective than any physical damage could ever be to Judge Nemo.

Why else? My only intentions were to cause him pain and to destroy him from the onset.

That aside…
I agree that making Nemo acknowledge Artina’s presence is the best way to stop him.

Yes, I agree as well. If we make him do that, we’ll be able to tame the power of Malice.

If we control his malice, the power of Fear the Great will be weaned off...and that will be our chance to attack. Excellent…
I will do whatever it takes to make him believe that she is an angel.

Mr. Vampire…

Hmhmhm…
Mr. Valzy is the only demon who would fight to make someone believe in angels.

Desco, you’re wrong. Valzy isn’t fighting for the sake of angels. He’s fighting for the sake of Artina.
But he probably won’t admit it… Oh, and neither will Fenfen.

Geez, don’t be so mean.

You won’t disappear! You won’t die! I can’t kill you!

Whoa! He’s really pissed now!

Unforgivable! Unacceptable! I’ll kill you! You’re gonna die! Be gone! Ugh-aggghhhhhh!!!

https://i.imgur.com/TRIqyT6.mp4

Th-this is ridiculous! We have to make him see Artina as soon as possible!

This is the malice? The core of Fear the Great…!?What intensity…!

I feel like I’m being crushed by the sheer weight of malice…

Hmph. Is he finally ready to settle this? Excellent! I accept the challenge!

M-me, too! I’m not gonna lose!

Desco won’t, either! Miss Artina’s heart will reach Mr. Nemo!

Yes! For Artina’s sake, I won’t let you destroy this world! I will stop you, no matter what!

Shut up…! Stop saying her name!
Miss Artina wouldn’t become an angel…! I won’t believe that!

Please believe us! I’m right here! Right here, in front of you!

He...He heard me…!

I won’t approve of anyone! Demons, angels… I won’t forgive you!!! Die! Disappear! I’ll destroy you!

Shut up!
I admit that we demons have neglected our responsibilities and brought confusion to the lives of many humans.
I pay my respects to your dedication and devotion, even after your body has perished.
That being said…! Judge Nemo, I’m going to defeat you! To bring Hades to the worlds and restore them to how they’re supposed to be!
And finally...To keep the promise I made! To protect the one I could not!

Ahhhhhh!! He totally said it!! He declared to protect her! Go, Valzy!!

A confession of his love!! Desco doesn’t know why, but her energy is a million times higher now!!

What is this…? I’m kinda getting a tingling, too…!

No, it wasn’t like that! Don’t you dare misunderstand what I meant!
I just want to keep the promises I’ve made, so it has nothing to do with Artina…
What I’m going to protect is...Oh, yes, that’s right! Sardines! I can’t let sardines die off with the rest of the world!
I said I’m going to protect sardines! Hey! Are you guys listening to me!?

...No, not a single soul, my Lord. And it’s all because of your careless comment.

Gh! I have no idea what’s going on now…
Grrr, get ready, Judge Nemo! I’ll make you see through your blind eyes!

We start off by focusing on the Gunner and two Rifle Demons. After they go down we put the Bouncer to sleep with an Archer's Sleep Arrow Skill. Then on the enemy's turn the enemy monster units Magichange into weapons. This leaves only three enemy units on the field, one of which we've already put to sleep, and sleep doesn't expire until the affected unit gets hit. We focus down one and then the other non-sleeping unit and then knock off our dozing friend.

Can you hear me…?

N-no…

Can you see me…?

N-no...I can’t see anything!

I don’t believe you. Please, just believe in my words once more...
Just like you did, back when you were a ragged soldier…

…!

https://i.imgur.com/m8FHC7l.mp4

Miss Artina…? You’re really…!

Yes, please open your heart to me. I’m right here.

I...I can see...I can see you…! You’re...You’re really an angel now…?

That’s correct. Artina became an angel after died.
She watched over you and tried to guide you, even though saving you was the reason she was killed.
Even though she was called a thief in the Netherworld, she fought a lone battle to stop you from destroying the world.

That’s absurd...How could she…?

Yes, I too did not believe it at first. But that is the truth.
For 400 years, she watched over you and wept. The helplessly pure angel...But that’s Artina.

Hmhm, I’m a bit offended to hear that from you, Mr. Vampire, who refused to drink blood because of a promise he made to a lady.

I didn’t know Miss Artina was watching over me all this time… I have been such a fool…
And I knew...I knew what I was doing wasn’t gonna make her happy.
But I… I just couldn’t forgive the humans...Nor the demons…! But now I see...She knows what I’ve been doing all this time…
I’m the biggest fool here…And I’ve made Miss Artina sad once again…

...Nemo! Wait! Are you running away!?

...He’s gone.

The malicious tension in this area is slowly starting to lighten…!

Then…? Did we defeat Fear the Great?

That’s what it looks like. By the way, it was my Lord, Valvatorez. Not “we”.

Yay! My dream rocks! This dream is awesome! I saved the world!
Now I just have to become ruler of the world and fill this place with hot studs in tuxes and it’ll be a perfect happy ending!

...Desco is glad Big Sis is happy, but she’s not so sure about having saved the world as a final boss…

I did it, Father...Now, the Netherworld will be saved...

It’s really over...Please don’t worry, Miss Artina. Both Fear the Great and I will disappear now… Don’t worry…

What? Disappear…!?

I’m so sorry...Miss Artina...I’m...sorry…

I think he’s going to remove his soul along with Fear the Great.
As long as Fear the Great’s power keeps getting weaker, the possessed soul will return to limbo as well…

Not even to Hades, huh? To complete nothingness…

To limbo...For capital punishment, from where he will never reincarnate. He deserves it, I guess.

What? Considering what he’s done, I think he deserves to be tortured even more!

Desco agrees with Big Sis. He shouldn’t be allowed to just disappear…

Huh? N-no, I didn’t say that.

You don’t have to pretend. I can tell by the look on your face.

Huh… Save him? That’s ridiculous!
If he is allowed to be saved, then what about all the lives that were lost because of him? Should we go back in time and save them, too?
He’s a helpless fool. A fool who chose to perish because he couldn’t bear his own weakness.
And you say that you want to save him? Who do you think are? Almighty God?
What you’re trying to do is the epitome of hypocrisy.

...You know, you could be right. It might just be for my own satisfaction.
What he’s done is not something that can be forgiven. The weight of his sins is immeasurable.
But that’s exactly why I don’t want him to be able to take the easy way out by simply disappearing.
His sins may not be paid off for centuries. Perhaps it would take more than 400 years...But he must be made to face them.

More than 400 years...You’re pretty harsh, Artina.

...You know, that is the worst thing you could ever do to him…

Fine. Let’s give him the punishment he so rightly deserves.

And what would that be?

What do you think? Turn him into a Prinny, of course! I’ll re-educate him thoroughly! As a Prinny Instructor!

Lord, that is an excellent idea. Considering his sins, it will definitely take more than 400 years to pay them off.

The soul of a dead villain pays off his sins as a Prinny… Yeah, that makes perfect sense.

...Just like you, right?

I’m up for that idea, though. It’s what you’re supposed to do when you commit crimes in this world.

Desco has no objections, either. The problem is, how are we gonna save him?

To save him, we must peel his soul away from Fear the Great, before they perish together.

Then let’s go! To save his soul before Fear the Great perishes!

Next time on Disgaea 4!: Defying God.

dotchan
Feb 28, 2008

I wanna get a Super Saiyan Mohawk when I grow up! :swoon:
The first time I watched this reveal about Nemo and Artina's pasts, I was convinced somebody in the writing team was a Castlevania Symphony of the Night fan, and I still remain convinced that Nemo's supposed to be like Dracula, someone who has allowed himself to be overcome by darkness/hatred for humanity after losing the woman he loved to an unjust execution--making Nemo's guilt worse is that Artina's medical-related kindness was poured out on him as well before her actions attracted suspicion from even those on "her" side of whatever bullshit war that caught them up. Meanwhile, Valvatorez has taken Alucard's role, as someone talked out of going nuclear in revenge, going as far as foreswearing off the drinking of all blood.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Now on Disgaea 4!: Defying God.

Miss Artina…? Why…? Please leave, quickly…
Otherwise, you will be ragged down into limbo, along with Fear the Great…

Are you serious!? Then stop hiding and come on out already!

That’s right! If you don’t, Miss Artina is gonna be in more danger!

Time is running out. There’s no time to argue.
Just come out here. We’re not leaving until we save your soul.

Save me…? Is that supposed to be a joke…?

No. We’re serious.

Miss Artina… Please, leave me…
I have committed something so terrible, it can’t be undone…
A sin which I will never be able to pay off… It’s best that I just disappear now…

Toughen up already!

M-Miss Artina…!?

You might think this is how you’ll pay for your sins, but honestly, that’s not enough.
You’re just running away from your responsibilities. Disappear now…? That’s the cheapest and most cowardly way out!

M-Miss Artina…
...You may be right, but how else am I supposed to do it?

A Prinny…?

You say that what you’ve done can’t be undone, but there’s no need to undo anything. Don’t worry about anything else, just work diligently as a Prinny.
It could take hundreds...or even thousands of years to purify your filthy soul. However, every sin is repayable. No matter how long it’ll take… I’ll make sure you pay it off.

You will…?

Indeed. That’s the duty of a Prinny Instructor.

I’ll help you you, too…
With super hardcore punishment, so you’ll be able to pay off you sins faster ♥

Desco wants to use you as a test subject for her new skills!

I’ll prepare something more...mentally burdening. Hmhmhm.

E-everyone…? Are you even trying to convince him to come back?

Well, has has the right to know the brutal path that’s waiting for him.
...Not that I would let him back out now, even if he refuses to come.

Valvatorez… I’ve done so much to you, yet you’ll still do this for my sake…!? You’ll make sure I pay off my sins…!?

Of course. Because I am Valvatorez, the Prinny Instructor of Hades.

Valvatorez… I… I…! Gh…! Gh-aghhh!!!

https://i.imgur.com/9KUoAYV.mp4

Th-this is…!?

The last resisting power that’s trying to keep him here, as the core of Fear the Great.

Hmph… How persistent… And this was supposed to be created by God?
Listen up, God! It is the demons who must punish the humans for their sins! Your turn ends here! Now leave the center stage! Your system is no longer needed!

Here we are. The final story map. Nemo, possessed by Fear the Great, has three mutually supporting Evilities.

• Physical Malice: Summon a Malice unit to the map on every turn.
  • Flooding Malice: Increase stats by 10% x the # of Malice units on the map.
  • Final Boss Setting: ATK increased by 20% per adjacent ally unit.

Six Malice Androids ring the outer rim of the map, so Nemo starts right off the bat with stats boosted +60%. This creates a fight where we need to be aggressive or Nemo’s summoning a Malice unit every turn will make him untouchable.
Nemo only has one Skill titled Fear the Great. A powerful area-of-effect move that killed three party members instantly.

After we win, Valvatorez continues taunting God.

A power that’s much stronger than yours, the ties of our camaraderie!!

God decides its time to get a little more hands on and teleports Valvatorez away.

L-Lord Val!

Mr. Vampire!?

Wh-where am I…?

Who are you!?

What does God want with me? Are you angry because we defeated Fear the Great?

I see… So you called me out here just to tell me that?

Hmph… I am honored to be called upon by God…

Hey God, may I ask you something? Have you ever been slapped?
We will decide what happens in our world. We’ve worked too hard to simply obey your orders. There’s more I’d like to say, but I’m a little busy here.
For today, I shall only strike you once. But if you try to interfere with our world again, you shan’t get off so easy next time.

Of course! After all, I am a demon. Now brace yourself, God! ...For you are about to learn what pain feels like!

M-my Lord, are you okay!?

Yes. I’m fine.

Wh-what happened…?

Well, simply put, I gave God a beating.

What!?

Though it is possible that that thing wasn’t God… I would’ve expected much more from God.

Huh…?

...Hmph. Anyway, who cares? Take a look at that.

Looks like you were finally released by the persistent hands of God.

I had no choice. You guys have done so much for me. Valvatorez...You must have a lot of faith in Miss Artina.

Wh-what do you…?

And you too, Miss Artina. You must have similar feelings toward him…

Trust between a demon and human… Well, I guess it’s between a demon and an angel now…
It’s something that’s very hard to believe for someone who’s only seen the ugliness of wars amongst humans, like me…
Just one more time...I’ll put my faith in this world again. Miss Artina, I don’t know how many years it’ll take me, but I will face my sins.
And Valvatorez, I hope you’ll guide me through it until my sins are paid off.

Yeah...I’ll make sure to be ready for that.

...Rascal, this is a job for you now.

M-me…!?

Who else? It’s a Death’s duty to send souls to Hades.

B-but...I’ve never reaped a soul before…

You can do it, Mr. Emizel.

Yeah, just be confident. But...don’t cut off any weird parts.

Emizel, please.

O-okay. ...I’ll do it. Judge Nemo, you life ended a long time ago. As Death, I will reap your soul.

...Thanks.

Judge Nemo, I’ll see you in Hades.

The Prinnies finally got their sardines.

...Hey, what is it?

Oh, I just felt like we haven’t really had chance to talk yet…
I knew you were that vampire from back then, but… I was too focused on my task, and…

It’s fine… I actually still can’t believe that you’re the same Artina…
Who would’ve thought that Pure-Hearted Artina would’ve become a moneygrubbing woman…

Oh please! Gimme a break! I told you I wasn’t collecting all that money because I wanted to.

I know, but I can’t help it after seeing all the excitement in your eyes when you were talking about money.

...Mr. Vampire, you’ve gotten a little mean.

Hmph...calling a demon mean, huh? Your fearless attitude towards demons hasn’t changed. Ahhh...You really are Artina.

Apologize?

Yes. To keep the promise you made to me, you continued to forbid yourself from drinking human blood.
As as result, you lost your power and fell to Hades… I don’t know how to express how sorry I am...

You don’t need to apologize. I only did that because I made the promise.

Plus, I kept worrying about Judge Nemo, while you suffered the whole time because of that promise… As Mr. Werewolf said, I’m just a hypocrite.

Think whatever you like, but doing something is always better than not doing anything.
Plus, by falling to Hades, I discovered sardines; a great source of nutrition. Actually, I should be thanking you for that.

I’m being serious, too.

Hmhmhm… You really are Mr. Weirdo. I’m glad we got to meet again…

Likewise. Now, I finally get to keep the promise I made back then.

...Yes. I ended up making you wait 400 years.

Right. As I promised, I shall only quench my thirst after I take you down to the depths of despair.
Hmhm...Now, how shall I go about this? This will be most interesting.

...No. There’s no need to do that to me.

…? What do you mean by that?

When you were dragged inside of Fear the Great...I thought I had lost you. Your death…
My knees were trembling with fear just thinking about it… All I could do was stand there, trying not to scream out loud.

Artina…

...You have kept your promise. Now, go ahead...take my blood. And please regain your power, Tyrant Valvatorez… My Mr. Vampire…

Next time on Disgaea 4!: The Other Endings.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Yeah, Artina has been really, REALLY thirsty for that vampire fang since day 1. Hopefully Celestia has legalized demon/angel relationships by now, I wouldn't trust Flonne not to spill the beans.

Omobono fucked around with this message at 09:30 on May 28, 2023

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Omobono posted:

Yeah, Artina has been really, REALLY thirsty for that vampire fang since day 1. Hopefully Celestia has legalized demon/angel relationships by now, I wouldn't trust Flonne not to spill the beans.

you gonna tell the guy who slapped god he cant do something

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Rigged Death Trap posted:

It'd be less "V can't date Artina" and more "Artina is exiled" and she'd straight up forbid Valvatorez to go to war with Celestia over this.

On the other hand, love freak Flonne is still a devil and she's been reinstated to angel status and promoted to Archangel since Disgaea 1 so seraph Lamington is clearly ramming reforms through.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Rigged Death Trap posted:

All you have to do is wait for him to no longer be the protagonist, and then you can take him down a peg or three.

Well, until they put him back in as downloadable content and then he wrecks you again, but that's tomorrow's tomorrow's problem.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Now on Disgaea 4!: The Other Endings.

This post will cover the last alternative ending and the four additional epilogues that can be unlocked in the main story campaign.
The post-credits epilogues are mutually exclusive, so you can only see one per playthrough. Artina’s epilogue seen in the last update is the default one if the requirements for none of the others is met.

The God Ending

-Unlock requirements: Solo map 10-6 with Valvatorez who is level 500 or higher.

Things play out the same until the Nemo’s possession by Fear the Great. God, seeing how powerful Valvatorez is, intervenes directly.

Whoa! What the hell is that!? I thought all the malice was gone!

I don’t sense any malice… I only feel a very strong wave of light!

Who are you!?

God…!?

God has concluded that you cannot be stopped merely with Fear the Great alone. Thus, He has dispatched me to confront you.

So, is God mad at us?

Your existence can no longer be ignored. I must remove you now.

Hmhmhm, God, huh? The perfect opponent for a final boss.

What are you talking about!? You won’t stand a chance! Forget about me! Quick! Just run! Or else you WILL be annihilated with me!

Shut up! Do you think we’d flee in terror, just like that!?

If we defeat God, then my Lord will have conquered the universe.

Sure, why not? This is just a dream, anyway.

Oh… As angel, I can’t believe that I’m about to fight God...

Maybe you should switch to being a fallen angel…

That’s a good point. Lady Flonne was once a fallen angel, too. It’s no big deal, right?

M-Miss Artina…? Have you changed…?

...So, you insist on disobeying God, no matter what? Excellent. You must all perish now.

Instead of battling Nemo under the control of Fear the Great backed by a squad of Malice demons.
We face four fused Shrooms who are level 1000. I can’t stay much about this fight since Valvatorez was over level 5000 at this time, so I rolled right over the God Shrooms.

A power that’s much stronger than yours, the ties of our camaraderie!!

H-how could this be…! How could they possess so much power…? I must...eliminate…

They begin to fade away.

When you get back home, make sure you tell God to come get us Himself next time, if He is the real God.
I, Valvatorez, will not run or hide. I will take Him on anytime!

They’re gone… Are we in the clear now?

Looks like we’ve made God even more upset. But, I’m sure it’ll be fine.

Judge Nemo, now you have no reason to run. You will go to Hades and become a Prinny.

From this point the rest of the scene plays out as it did before until the credits. The credits lack the montage images of the characters, because this is an alternate ending, and it is not a happy one.

Gh…!?

Lord Val! Please, get a hold of yourself!

I-I’m fine! How many more are there…!?

About… 7.2 million.

Awww! Still!? This is never gonna end…

There was a total of 8 million of them. This wasn’t gonna be easy to begin with.

That’s correct! Our battle has just begun! There’s no time to waste!

But… 8 million IS a bit much…

...Honestly, even I’m starting to get tired of this. 8 million IS ridiculous…

As with the other earlier alternative endings, we get booted back to the start of the game on a new playthrough.

----------------------

Unlocking The Other Epilogues.

To view the other party members’ epilogues we must go to the Senate and have them pass the bill to enable the Legendary Tree. A structure that can be placed in the Cam-pain HQ. This allows us to create relationships between the characters. Fenrich, for example, must be set as a Comrade. We then need to fulfill certain gameplay requirements to trigger an event than will play when we come back to the tree. Fenrich needs to perform 10 team attacks with Valvatorez.

Fenrich’s Epilogue.

It wasn’t just me. I couldn’t have done it without you guys.
Thought, I’m still not satisfied with the current situation. We’ve got a long way to go.
We have only just begun to re-educate the fools and restore the worlds.

I concur… Then shall we start by dragging that idiot down from the office of the President?

Let’s leave that idiot alone. Someone’ll take him down soon enough, even if we don’t.

Perhaps Emizel?

Understood. The office of the President has always merely been a milestone for you, my Lord.
As you suggested, we will disregard any thought of that insignificant idiot, Axel.
I suppose I shouldn’t waste any more time dealing with that idiot while I am still trying to accomplish my mission.

Fenrich, I’ve been wondering for a while now...and this seems like the perfect opportunity to ask… What exactly is your mission?

Well, well...I thought you knew already.

I have an idea, but I’d prefer to hear it come directly from your mouth.

I see...Very well. There is only one thing I’m determined to do.

Hmm...The conqueror of the universe, you say? ...Even higher than the Pan-Galactic Alliance Supreme Conference?

Of course.

Are you telling me to become a being that surpasses even God Himself?

Yes. I can’t bear to see the man who is my Lord be second to anyone when it comes to power and authority.
I’ve been holding back ever since you lost your power, but I’m reaching my limits.

...I see. If I have caused you so much pain, then I must do what you wish for me. Fine. I promise you, here and now, that shall conquer the entire universe.

It will be my pleasure, my Lord. ...That being said, I have a great idea for how you can gain your power back.

Oh? What could that be? Try me.

If you insist. All is for my Lord…

Fuka’s Epilogue.

-Requirement: Fuka must be set as Mentor under the Legendary Tree and Valvatorez must use any skill Fuka can share at least ten times.

That was a weird yawn. I-I thought you were sighing.

I was! That was a sigh! You’re supposed to worry about a cute girl when she sighs!

Your demands tend to require too much effort. So, what’s wrong with you?

Oh, you know… after we defeated Fear the Great, Desco became final bosslike, and Emizel has matured a lot…
I feel like I’m the only one who hasn’t changed. I got to meet the President as you promised, but that didn’t accomplish anything.
It’s like… I’ve been left here all alone without anything to show for it.

I know what you’re supposed to do. You’re supposed to admit that you’re dead and become a Prinny.

No way! I’ll never do that! Why don’t you admit that you’re wrong and become MY Prinny instead!?

But you can’t prove it’s not! That’s the same thing as you being wrong!

Your logic is utter nonsense! Then prove to me that this IS your dream!

Urrrgh! Okay, then why don’t we settle for the middle ground and just say that neither of us will become a Prinny?

Absolutely not! You need to learn some valuable life lessons by becoming a Prinny.

Then what about the other middle ground where both of us become Prinnies!?

...How is that any middle ground?

And then, you’ll just become my personal Prinny. Perfect, huh?

Well you know, my charming prince doesn’t seem to be arriving anytime soon, so I think this is a reasonable compromise.

A reasonable compromise? Are you talking about me? That’s extremely rude.

Aww, but Artina and Fenfen might get up in my face… I guess stealing you from them would be breaking the friendship rule. *sigh* Maybe I should go take over the world with Desco…

Hmph...true. That may suit you best.

Mmhm! Right? Taking over the world with a final boss!
Especially since I am in a dream, maybe I should try and do the impossible! Alright! Let’s do this! Let’s have a toast to my dream!

Desco’s Epilogue

-Requirement: Desco must be set as Stepsibling under the Legendary Tree and Valvatorez must defend her from attack ten times.

What’s the matter, Desco?

Big Sis said that she’s “so over taking over the world!”
What is Desco supposed to do!? What is the purpose of her existence!?

Desco, if you want to become a magnificent final boss, then you must come up with solutions for yourself.

Awww… You’re so mean… Desco wants you to help her…
Unlike all of you, Desco is an artificial life form, created by humans. Do you know how depressing it is to lose the initial purpose of your creation Mr. Valzy?

Desco strove to become a final boss to help Big Sis take over the world… That is the only reason why Desco exists…
If that reason is no longer valid, Desco’s existence is no longer valid…

*Sigh* You shouldn’t be getting so upset about this.
I thought you had the potential to become a magnificent final boss, but I guess I was wrong.

Sure. I was thinking that perhaps someday you could cover my back in my final battle against Him…

Final battle…? Against who!?

Almighty God who rules and controls the entire universe!

G-god!?

That’s right. I’ll have to fight Him eventually… And you power will be very much needed, Desco.

Are you sure? Fighting against God isn’t going to be easy, you know? Our journey will be tougher, more challenging, and more aggressive than becoming a final boss.

Yes, Desoc is sure! If Desco gets to do this with Mr. Valzy, it will be a fun ride!

Hmph...fun, huh? Sure, we’re going against God. We might as well have fun while we’re at it. Come along, Desco! Watch my back!

Okay! Got it! Desco will annihilate God! And she will also start calling Mr. Valzy, Big Bro! Desco is en route, Big Bro!

Emizel’s Epilogue

-Requirements: Emizel must be set as Rival under the Legendary Tree and they must attack and counterattack each other ten times.

Yeah. I’m gonna become the Netherworld President.

Hm, you used to be the biggest wimp I knew. Are you doing this for your father?

That’s half the reason. But the other half is for myself.
I can’t stand seeing that idiot sitting in the office that my father protected, even at the cost of having to degrade himself.
Plus, I wanna test how much I’ve grown.

So you’re going to challenge Axel for the office of the President…
You’re a completely different man now. ...Have you gained so much confidence after reaping your first soul?

That’s not the only thing. The battles I fought with you have given me a lot of confidence, too.

Oh? You’re quite modest today…

Valvatorez… If it weren’t for you, I would still be riding my father’s coattails.

...You never know. You became stronger because you wanted to. Meeting me was just the trigger. You’ve become a great demon, Emizel.

What…? Did you just call me…!?

Hmph...it’s a little inappropriate to call a man “rascal”, don’t you think?
You take care of the Netherworld. I’m looking forward to seeing you rise to become the President.

Y-yeah! Of course! I got this! I’ll become the Netherworld President as soon as I can, and then I’ll help you re-educate the universe!

I’m counting on you, Emizel.

Sweet! Now, I’m coming for you, Axel!
Sir Death Emizel will soon become the 63rd Netherworld President!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

After any of these or the default ending with Artina, we get the following option to save, and a visit from a Prinny:

Collect more mana and go to the Assembly! You might find a new topic, dood!
...That being said, more's coming up, dood!

And oh boy, he ain't kidding...

Next time on Disgaea 4!: The DLC Characters.

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
Is the lesson here that mushrooms are the way to see god?

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Valvatorez becomes Kratos and solves all problems by himself.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
There's nothing that can't be solved with sardines slapping God, after all

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Decoy Badger posted:

Is the lesson here that mushrooms are the way to see god?

IIRC God's been a mushroom since he got his rear end kicked back in La Pucelle Tactics.

Gilgamesh255
Aug 15, 2015

Seraphic Neoman posted:

Valvatorez becomes Kratos and solves all problems by himself.

And now I'm imagining some scenarios where young and old Kratos goes against the legion of God.

:kratos: "Foolish God! You think such a measley number such as this is enough to deter me?! I shall have my vengeance, and be standing over your carcass when this is done! *The End Begins intensifies*

Old Kratos: ...leave. I've no interest in quarreling with the gods, but should you believe I am incapable of taking on such an insurmountable task, then you may test that assumption at your convenience. Now...get...off...MY...LAWN!

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Sorry for the delay in updates. I wanted to try my hand at making little gifs like this to put into the LP, but could only manage this . Which I don''t think is good enough.

Anyhow. I plan to do all the character DLCs next, then the story DLCs, and finally cap the LP off with the post-game extra stages.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Now on Disgaea 4!: The DLC Characters.

Now that we’re in the post-game two bill unlock for us to do. The first of which are Fallen Angel Flonne. The form Flonne commonly appears as post-Disgaea 1. There’s no story elements involved here as she was a pre-order bonus for Disgaea 4 in North America.

The Hades Field Trip bill unlocks Rutile and Stella Grossular. Two characters from a new story scenario in the re-release of Disgaea 3 on the PS Vita. They were added in the re-releases of Disgaea 4 and not present in the original game. They do get a little story about why they are here and not at school.

Internship

H-hello! Nice to meet you! We came from Evil Acadmy. My name is Rutile.

And I am Stella Grossular. I’m training to become a Demon Lord.
We are here to become Prinny Instructors. From what I’ve read, it’s the lowest of all jobs.

S-Stella! That’s rude! Uh, ummm, I’m sorry!

For intellectual students, like you, my job is rather...low. But I take this job very seriously.
I train Prinnies, before sending them out into the Netherworld. And I take pride in that!

Th-that’s amazing! I never imaged a demon could love Prinnies so much…!

I… I was taking this too lightly…

Ummm, I’ll study hard, so please let us observe what you do here! Pretty please!

Unanimous approval from the Senate for this internship program.

Thank you!

We finally got permission. Now, I would like to see what this is all about.

Aren't you excited, Stella?

Hmhmhm, sounds like you two are really hardworking. I shall teach you precisely what being a Prinny Instructor is all about!

You can stay for more than just today! Study here as long as you want! Now, let’s go, my trainees!!!

I am sure you'll have a great time and learn a lot.

----------------------------------------------------

There's new entries in the Episode selection menu.

Desco and Big Sis were in the middle of important training exercises. Did you really need to interrupt us?

My Lord, I’ve gathered our party members here to plan for our future.

Our party members? The evilection is over.

Hmhm… The position of President is just another job title compared to your presence, my Lord. I wish for my Lord to aim even higher.

Then why am I working my butt off to become the president…?

Today, we have some new member candidates to interview. I’d like you to participate as well, my Lord.

Our first interviewee is the male lead of Disgaea 2.

Hi, my name is Adell, and I’m a demon hunter. I live at 1 Holt Village, Veldime.

...Veldime? Doesn’t ring a bell. Is it in a different Netherworld?

A different Netherworld? Well...Play Disgaea 2 for more details.

Did he just plug his own game?

It's called marketing synergy Fuka.

Mr. Adell, what kind of things does a demon hunter do?

I get requests from clients, and then I go exterminate demons. Because of all my hard work, my hometown is clear of demons.

As a demon, I’m not so sure about this guy…

My family needs more money to raise my younger siblings. As the oldest, I can’t just sit at home like a lazy bum.
So you see, this would be the perfect job for me. It’d be nice to get paid while putting my skills to good use.

Sounds like you’ve been through a lot…

Thank you very much… Now, please declare your manifisto.

(They're doing themaniFISTO gag. I appreciate the dedication.)

Sure. I put a lot of thought into this…
I think family is important to everyone, even demons. So…

Financial aid… It’s a good idea, but that means it’ll cost us that much HL to support it.

Our funds are limited. Father always had trouble raking up enough money.

To make your manifisto possible, we’re going to have to collect taxes from other demons. Do you understand what that means?

Of course. I will collect taxes from every demon! After all, demon extermination is just my style!

We can’t keep collecting from them if we exterminate them!

Desco better go prepare some money…

“Demon extermination is just my style,” huh? Hmph… That’s what I like to hear.

Hmhmhm… Now, shall we test his power?

Huh? Right now?

Is he even ready for this?

If he’s going against demons, he better be ready at all times! Brace yourself!

Bring it on!

Every DLC character that we interview will be fought and join at level 100. Fallen Angel Flonne, Stella, and Rutile all joined at level 1.

Demon Hunter Adell… That wasn’t bad.
However, there are many demons who are much stronger than myself. If you can’t defeat me, you won’t be able to collect taxes from them.

So, which demons are stronger than Valzy?

You defeated Fear the Great, so that makes you the strongest…

Mr. Vampire, won’t you reconsider for the sake of his family?

Yes! Desco feels sorry for him!

I...promised my family. I promised that I’ll make it big and return to them loaded with honors! And I promised her, too…

Hmph...who said you were being rejected? You before the test began. Your passion to change the Netherworld, based on your own experience.
And...if it helps to fulfill the promise you made to your precious family, then I’m more than happy to accept you into the party!

Y-you mean it?

Absolutely. Train hard and learn. Make it big and return to your family loaded with sardines!

My lord, it was honors, not sardines.

So then what was the test for?

I’m so happy for you, Mr. Adell.

Family, huh? I better do my best, too, to make Father proud!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today, we have some new member candidates to interview. I’d like you to participate as well, my Lord.

Mr. Vampire, this is going to be a huge responsibility.

Fine, I’ll interview the hell outta them. Now, where are these candidates?

Our second interviewee is the female lead of Disgaea 2.

My name is Rozalin. I am the one and only daughter of Overlord Zenon.
I heard this position offers great pay, so I have traveled all the way here from Veldime.

The only daughter of an Overlord? That means she’s kinda like what you used to be.

“Used to be”!? Shut up! I mean, sure, the President of this Netherworld has the same power as an Overlord…
Why would the daughter of an Overlord apply for this job anyway?

I’m curious about that, as well. What are your motives?

...I can’t tell you that.

Why not?

She’s quite stubborn…

Anyway, please declare your manifisto.

My manifisto is to declare an increase to the quality of life of all demons.
I have learned a lot about society ever since I left the castle, where I had many attendants serving under me.
If everyone could live a luxurious life like that, it would help them be more open-minded.

Increase the quality of life… That’s going to be quite a challenge.

There’s a simple solution. Just punish the bad demons and charge them an enormous fine.

You say that like it’s easy, but who’s going to do it?

Whoa, hey…
What have you learned so far? You can’t earn money if you don’t work.

I’ve learned all about how to be an appropriate princess. My manners and social etiquette are far beyond all of yours.
I’ll share my knowledge with the political party that is leading this Netherworld. That will be my job. In addition, hiring a princess will help increase your party’s social status.

Hmm… That sounds like a good idea.

Lessons on manners! She’s actually very different from Emizel.

Hmph! She’s just a sheltered princess. I’ve been through way more than her!

Well, you kind of brought it all upon yourself.

Hmph...don’t you dare underestimate my power. I am no spoiled brat.
I’ve received the best education money can buy, and I have been trained with all the knowledge a great leader needs.
Can’t you see the refined and sophisticated aura emanating from me? In other words…
I’m such a refined demon, you can’t even compare yourselves to me. Understand?

What did you say!? Then show me what you’ve got!

I can’t believe I lost to this brat…

I know he’s a brat, but he’s been through a lot and has worked harder than you think to get to where he is now.

...My apologies. I assume that I won’t be hired, either.
I would’ve been able to buy a big house for him if I had this job… It’s too bad…

A-Adell! What are you-!?

You’re putting yourself through so much trouble, just for my family…
And you’re doing it all for me… I don’t know how to express how sorry I am.

H-hmph. I’m not doing this for you. It is all for Taro and Hanako.
Besides, that dog house is a bit too tight for the five of us. Well, I suppose god house is a bit too harsh, isn’t it?

Sorry to interrupt, but do you two know each other?

Adell applied for the job to support his family and his girlfriend.

So, is Rozalin your girlfriend?

Idiot! How dare you? She’s not like that!

I see… So I’m not your family…

Th-that’s not…

I’m just giving you a hard time, is all. I know what you’re thinking. I can read you like a book.

Rozalin, you…

They’re just staring at each other. Are they using telepathy or something?

*sigh*
You’re such a child. Grow up already.

Urrrgh! Don’t treat me like a kid!

They’re connected through their hearts. As a woman, I envy what they have…

Observing love and romance is good for Desco’s studies in becoming a final boss!

I bet they’re more than just boyfriend and girlfriend! They’ve gotta be married! Rozalin is hired!
...Okay?

If you don’t hire her, Desco will annihilate you both!

Women are super scary… I don’t ever wanna get married.

I don’t know what’s going on, but it wouldn’t be fair if we only hired one of them if they are married.

Very well, we happen to have the perfect position for her, so I suppose we can hire her.

...They’re too busy being in their own little world. They can’t even hear us.

Seems like it. Well, let’s leave those fools, and we can start processing the paperwork on our end.

Next time on Disgaea 4: DLC Characters, Part 2!

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Me: are they going to do the gag where the two idiot lovebirds apply to the same job without telling each other again?
The game: oh you better believe it

Cyflan
Nov 4, 2009

Why yes, I DO have enough CON to whip my hair.

Didn't these scenes also change depending on which order you recruit related characters?

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Urk!

I forgot to mention Adell and Rozalin have unique music play.

Adell has an instrumental of Sinful Rose during his battle and during Rozalin's interview her self-titled theme plays and Visual Sensation plays during the battle with her.

Cyflan posted:

Didn't these scenes also change depending on which order you recruit related characters?

Oh drat, it does, and after watching it on Youtube. I like the other scene better. Ah well.

dotchan
Feb 28, 2008

If you want to make animated gifs I think there are sprite repositories (a quick google search brings up a pretty comprehensive collection over at Spriter's Resource.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Now on Disgaea 4!: The DLC Characters, Part 2.

Demon Modification!

Next up is Mao. The male lead of Disgaea 3. I've never played Disgaea 3, but from what I've seen of him, I can say with confidence that he sucks.

Muhahahahaha! My name is Mao! I am the Dean of Evil Academy, with my 1.8 million EQ!

The Dean is as powerful as our Netherworld President or Overlords.

As for my manifisto, I declare that I will fix up every demon!
With my help, even a peon like a Prinny can become a vicious, superalloy robot!
*huff* *huff* Just thinking about it is making me…

That sounds more like your own personal desire than a manifisto.

What an eccentric demon…
There are still so many things that I don’t know about this Netherworld…

...I’ve heard about Demon Fusion and Fusion Magichange. I’ve never observed such things at Evil Academy...it’s rather interesting.

He’s getting excited again. Is he a pervert?

What? Are you talking to Desco?

Desco, don’t talk to him! He looks super suspicious.

O-okay, Big Sis.

I'm shocked the good doctor didn't install a Stranger Danger program into Desco. Mao's sus level has to be tremendous.

Big Sis, you say…? You! You have a demon sister, even though you’re human!? *huff* *huff* Interesting…

Fuka slams Emizel’s desk forward with her bat.

I-it’s not like that! My dad created Desco. She’s...like my stepsister.

Hey, you Desco not to talk to him, but you’ve been talking to him more than anyone else.

He’s even more excited now.

Oops… Sorry, Desco.

*huff* *huff* I can’t hold back anymore! Let me fix you up!

https://i.imgur.com/WLqJi6V.mp4

What are you gonna try to do to my precious sister!?

Are you gonna get in my way? If you will, then I’ll just have to fix you all up at the same time!

...Muhahahahaha! But that’s because I haven’t used my full power just yet!

What a stereotypical villain callout… It just sounds like a loser whining to me.

Mao, was it? I won’t allow you to act like that in my Hades. Now, go home.

Hmph! Do you expect me to obey your orders? I’m the Dean of Evil Academy!
There are tons of interesting test samples here… I’m not leaving this scientific paradise!

If you insist on staying here, then we’ll have to take you down, brat.

Hmhmhm… Compared to that delinquent, you’re no threat to me.
*huff* *huff* Desco…! Let me fix you up!

So you’re not gonna leave my sister alone, huh?

B-Big Sis…! Miss Artina…!

Angels and humans are interesting, too! I’ll fix up all of…

https://i.imgur.com/DI3lNT1.mp4

I’ll never give up!

...How persistent of him.

Don’t worry. No matter how many times he comes back, we’ll knock him back down every time!

Big Sis ♥

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Power Challenge

Next up is Overlord Priere. Priere is the protagonist of La Pucelle: Tactics and she becomes a demon in one of the game's alternate endings. La Pucelle: Ragnarok, an expended re-release, includes a story scenario exploring this.

Ugh… What’s this intense aura emitting from her?

Fenrich, who is this woman?

Her name is Priere. She’s an Overlord from another Netherworld.

Overlord? That means she’s on the same level as Father, or higher…

She used to be a demon hunter in an Alternate Netherworld…
Though, as she sought to reach the peak of her power, she fell down the path of evil and earned the title of Overlord.

An Overlord-class party candidate… Bravo, Fenrich.

Hmhmhm…Please, my Lord.
It would be a great assest if we can add the power of Overlord Priere to our party.

...I don’t need allies.

Huh... She still prays to unleash her power. Even after her transformation from Maiden of Light to Overlord.

As expected.

Yes. We shall prove your power to her, and force her to join.

You make it sound like that’s easy! We couldn’t possibly let her join our party!

D-Desco will not lose! Desco will protect Big Sis!

Now, try to say that without hiding behind me next time…

Everyone, keep your guard up!

What shall we do now, my Lord?

...Too weak!

Hmhmhm… If she insists… I’ll just show her the power of sardines! Haaahhhhhh!!!

I can't believe Valzy was holding back his sardine-based powers for the entire main story.

M-my Lord! Must you obsess about sardines so much!?

Mr. Vampire…

Sardines, again?

Man, if Valvatorez still possessed his power as a tyrant, he would take her down in no time.

...Tyrant?

Ooh, she seems pretty interested now.

Emizel, hurry up and explain it to her!

W-well… Valvatorez used to be known as Tyrant Valvatorez and he was really powerful.
He was feared in both the Netherworld and the Human World, but after a certain incident he lost his power.

Well, that was easy.

I wonder if she’s going to wait until Mr. Vampire gets his power back so she can fight him…

Y-you! Stay away from my Lord! You couldn’t even compare yourself to my master when he was the Tyrant!

Oh boy… Looks like Fenfen has a new problem to add to the list.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comrades!

Our next interview is with Prism Red of the Prism Rangers. Who has appeared in the previous games as a minor antagonist. He doesn't have a great take record on keeping Prism Ranger teams... intact.

We crash the villainous party! Our seven lights spring to the task… To save the world with courage and hope! With our powers combined… We are…
The Prism Rangers!

Hey, you. Where are the other six?

Oh, that’s right! I have no friends! I’m one lonely Prism Ranger! That’s why I applied for the job!
My manifisto is… “All demons must be friends!” “All demons must be Prism Rangers!”
Won’t you join me and the Prism Rangers!?

Get out. Period.

N-no! Look at this glowing prism crest! Isn’t it cool!?
If you become a Prism Ranger, you can transform with other ranges and become a hero for the children!

Cultural clash here between myself and the writers. Since my first thought when hearing "warrior princess" isn't an anime magical girl, but Xena.

Desco wants to be a final boss magical girl, too!

If Lady Flonne was here, she would totally sign up.

Isn’t Red the leader? My master is the only man I will serve. I’ll never work for you.

Even if we don’t join the Prism Rangers, the sixth of us are already a team.

Precisely! We are allies who all share a strong bond! As you can see Prism Red, your proposal is pointless to us.

…H-hmph! So you already have allies… Well, good for you!
Whatever! I’m always gonna be a loner. I don’t need any allies! I’m doing just fine on my own!

Now he’s denying everything about the Prism Rangers!

Well, I’m glad you’ve decided to set out on your own, but I won’t let you deny the significance of allies.
Very well! I shall teach you a lesson about the significance of camaraderie!

M-my Lord, please stop this!

Oh come on Fenfen! Live a little!

Huh? Were our callouts not good enough?

No, I mean, that’s not the point…

Gh...friends… I want friends, too… *sobs*

...Then you should’ve said so from the beginning, instead of acting like a jerk.
I shall be your friend! Now, rejoice!

*sigh* Alright, I guess I’ll be your friend, too.

Me, too! I don’t wanna be a hero, but I don’t mind being your friend.

Count Desco in! This final boss will also be your friend!

Me, too♥

...I must follow my Lord’s wishes.
You, bastard! I’ll be your “friend”, too, but don’t you dare fraternize with me! We’re not really friends!

Aww, Fenfen. Don’t be so shy!

Shut it, lass!

The Prism Ranger class unlocks now. Each tier is a different Ranger color.

Next time on Disgaea 4!: The DLC Characters, Part 3!

OhFunny fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Jun 21, 2023

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

OhFunny posted:

The Prism Ranger class unlocks now. Each tier is a different Ranger color.

I guess true friendship was the prism rangers we created along the way.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Mao may be bad, but he's less bad than his VA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dotchan
Feb 28, 2008

I guess it sort of makes sense that Overlord Prier is the version we get as a cameo, given that she's from the game's jokey bad ending.

Mechanically, though, I'm annoyed by it, since you are liable to run into it by accident via grinding that game's version of Item World. I forget if you ever *need* to grind to ridiculous levels, but it still feels like the game is is spiting you for playing it.