Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Born and raised in Northern Delaware and I loving love misery and self loathing so the eagles were a perfect match for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Dietrich posted:

Because if you root for a team other than the one from where you grew up you are cheating.
My dad grew up near Chicago so I was a casual Bears fan until the mid 90s when the Panthers were established and I now had a local NFL team to root for.

I was too young to remember anything about SB XX where Da Bears stomped the Patriots, so my Super Bowl memories are two tough losses.

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

born and raised in Miami. my dad went to every single Dolphins home game starting their first season and well into the 80s. i had no choice

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

First game I attended at Arrowhead. Age 12, 12/26/2022:

https://youtu.be/rTdAXMM-Pro

puppets freak me out
Dec 18, 2015

Cognac McCarthy posted:

I grew up in Minneapolis and was vaguely aware of the Vikings and likely would have been a fan no matter what (I think I liked playing as the 49ers in football video games in the early '90s, because they were good?), but then the 1998 season happened before I could really glom onto another team, and then I was all in. It sucks knowing they'll probably never win a super bowl but they win a playoff game every few years and are typically fun to watch at least so I try to enjoy the ride

Same here, except I was just born in Minneapolis. That 1998 season came when I was 10, so I was old enough to really buy in. Then Gary Anderson missed his first kick in 122 attempts and I've been feeling the pain ever since.

But hey, the Vikes are pretty good this year. That loss against the Cowboys was just a fluke, they might just make it past the NFCCG this year...

puppets freak me out fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Nov 24, 2022