Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keisari
May 24, 2011

Probably should've "sat" on the drone instead, as in, try to park on it from above.

Regardless, drat that was feeble, like two toddlers wrestling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keisari
May 24, 2011

spankmeister posted:

Idk where OP got those transliterations from but Charkiv and Cherson are how they are transliterated to Dutch.

If you want weird transliterations they are "Harkova" and "Herson" in Finnish.

Keisari
May 24, 2011

GABA ghoul posted:

I think the general idea is that these kinds of acts will be followed by a general uprising/revolution of the tired and oppressed masses and then possibly a civil war/Helter Skelter. The masses are only waiting for a sign to start.

Alternatively, these are the people who unironically believe that magic word invocations can get them out of paying taxes and who are writing to Putin/Trump to intervene in their custody battle with child protection services. They are already delusional/seriously mentally ill so they might think physically occupying the building gives them some kind of legal powers.

Yeah the reichsburger give big sovereign citizen vibes with the ":actually: the old constitution wasn't nullified so therefore the power belongs to the Kaiser, somehow"

Keisari
May 24, 2011

The X-man cometh posted:

Light recon tanks fit well with murderball offensives like the one in Kharkiv.

Also, those tanks surely have some good optics that help with a lot of recon-related things, right?

Not every tank has to be some giant M1 King Abrams Tiger-IS Mark MMCCIIV

Keisari
May 24, 2011

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Small housekeeping update for the thread – I have resigned from being a D&D moderator.

I was wondering how the hell one can have the energy and motivation to keep up with all the poo poo goons do, AND collate news regularly. Thanks, you made the thread a better read, and I understand & appreciate that you invested a lot of time doing this. (Over the year, as poo poo occasionally got REALLY hectic)

Edit: gently caress, this conflict has soon lasted a year. What a horrible milestone.

Keisari
May 24, 2011

Family Values posted:

Somewhat pissed that the US has to build all new tanks for Ukraine 'later this year'. Where the gently caress are all of the tanks we've been overproducing for years? Even if we don't want those going to Ukraine because they have the ~*~secret~*~ armor, can't we give them to one of our other allies and take their export M1s and give them to Ukraine?

Or perhaps even "give them the export tanks now, we will backfill them to you later in the next 8 years and gently caress anyone up that would attack you in the meantime

Keisari
May 24, 2011

Telsa Cola posted:

I'm not entirely sure the US gives the super secret tanks to anyone, and our major allies who we might be willing to trust dont really need a whole new tank to manage and fit in to how they do things.

The two remotely viable options for that currently IMO are Poland and Taiwan since both have orders in the works but our aid to both is strongly implied regardless of whether they accept or not, so why would they? Poland is in NATO and the US is fairly heavily invested in Taiwan remaining independent.

Like I guess you could give Saudi Arabia a gently caress ton of money and give them a guarantee and have them ship that poo poo over, but a guarantee is just words on paper and it's probably nice having actual tanks.

Yeah, true. And probably 2016-2020 eroded the value of American guarantees, so there's that as well.

At least some Leos should arrive more quickly, and they will need tanks a year from now on as well

Keisari
May 24, 2011

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Also, we had someone assassinate the insolvency manager for ABLV, but that was after the peak drama in the industry.

Hold on hold on, wait what? Some high-ranking banker was literally assassinated? Why? Who? How? :stare:

Keisari
May 24, 2011

Thanks for putting in the effort to telling the story! That was a super interesting read.

Yeah so today is the anniversary of the war. I hope that out of all this misery, at least something good can come up, such as that more potential wars can be avoided. It's as if most of the Western nations have been woken from complacent stupor.

If nothing else, at least after all this is done Russia wont be in a position to launch another genocidal invasion for a long while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keisari
May 24, 2011

HonorableTB posted:

Cinci honestly the best and most honest feedback I can give you is to tell you to keep doing what you are currently doing but dial it back to about 70% of current. That would pretty much take care of it. You're great about derails and everything but if you can just dial back everything just a bit, it would be the perfect balance for what this thread needs.

This is close to my opinion.

I remember when you last quit, the thread quality dropped noticeably. (No offense to who modded it for a while, wouldn't have fared much better myself) So mostly you are doing a real great job, but if you want to make it better, it would be better if either you were a scooch more laid back, or either the rules were communicated better so people would have a better feel for where the line is. Because I have also hesitated posting here occasionally because I feared my posting would not make the cut.

However, I believe this thread can't be viewed in isolation from the GBS thread. I really appreciate the quite tight curation of this one as when I feel like posting unfunny or terrible hot takes, I take them to gibbis, and when I have more time to put in more serious discussion there isn't a place on the internet I'd rather be. So because there is one really laid back thread on GBS, this one can afford to differrentiate and be more serious. (Within reason, of course)

But most importantly take it easy! You are doing fine. As long as you keep the six-shooter cocked and loaded, the thread quality is pretty good as everyone knows the sheriff is in town. Don't want to see you put in 500 hours per week on the thread and then just burn out and leave. Thats when the Simpsons come in.

P.S.

Good grief that was incoherent. Apologies, my methyltheobromine hasn't kicked in yet.