Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Russian fascist dictator, go gently caress yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Put me down in the "Absolutely blow up the Kerch bridge, it's a military target, and you don't have to wait for it to finish getting repaired to do it either" column.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

So the suspicion is that Russia is going to blow the dam and/or bomb Kherson, blame it on Ukraine, and then use that as an escalation excuse to declare martial law and conscript more Russians?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Thanks for the clarifications. I couldn't remember what "gesture of goodwill" referred to, but I get it now. Inshallah that they're just running away again.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Sax Mortar posted:

This kind of efficiency is counter to what I'd expect from the Russian army.

As a native English speaker, Russian always felt particularly modular of a language, making it particularly suited to generating ad hoc terms and chopping things down to diminutives.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

It seems difficult for people in the age of social media and fresh daily drama to keep an entire arc in their minds at once. Ukraine has waged a wildly successful defensive war and executed some incredible counter offensives, but today there are rumors of a single regionally-important town possibly being taken back and all of a sudden we're forcing Ukraine to surrender because "they're doing so bad" or whatever. Tiresome.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Palace intrigue rumors are compelling, easy to make up, and almost impossible to disprove. Perfect fodder for a winter lull in the news cycles.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

That flag is from the frontline yesterday, I believe. Zelenskyy brought it.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Dick Ripple posted:

Unfortunately the reality is they cannot. The Putin regime has 2 options. Come away with something they can call a victory, or not be the ruling regime in Russia. There is no going back to February 23, 2022, and they will keep throwing bodies at the problem until one of those two things occur.

This isn't wrong but it's pedantic. Russia's the aggressor period. Anyone who is mad about western aid or the costs or oil prices or anything are ACTUALLY mad at Russia and Putin. The aid is necessary, vital, ethical, and a good cause. If you want to know what's in it for the EU or the US, this is also the cheapest, wildest bargain for diminishing the Kremlin's power and influence ever for those groups.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

So business as usual for them in other words.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

https://twitter.com/KvotheTheArcane/status/1638314841487147008

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Bar Ran Dun posted:

You are in the in the flag country on a ship of whatever flag.

Hey, you ok buddy?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Nenonen posted:

Are we now discussing a hypothetical kidnapping of the head of a nuclear state? The guy with the nuclear football?

In Russia are they not allowed to touch the nuclear football with their hands?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

cinci zoo sniper posted:

That was a perfectly fine post.

Unlike these. *points at sign*

Then I must've had a stroke because I can't parse that ship flag post at all.

And yeah, I know you like to micromanage this thread, just order the sixer and get on with it.