Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Nice fan, did YuuVoc print it for them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

I'm glad Third Generation High Grade Meat The Third has a house now.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I knew Serufu was pretty smart but third in grade and probably better was a bit of s a shock

Really good episode tho

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

That Purin can read Serufu like an open book is a great detail.

That Serufu would place third in her whole grade seems a bit more baffling. Like, she isn't dumb or anything, but she's so easily distracted that rote memorization should not be one of her strengths.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Well, I can kinda relate to Serufu.

It's hard to explain. Some people can just soak stuff up like a sponge.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Serufu seems ditzy but also very curious in that kind of no cares kind of way.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

...what happened to first and second generation Meat?

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Coxswain Balls posted:

bought the farm

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Coxswain Balls posted:

Why do you think 3rd gen is so scared?

:v:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Saoshyant posted:

That Purin can read Serufu like an open book is a great detail.

That Serufu would place third in her whole grade seems a bit more baffling. Like, she isn't dumb or anything, but she's so easily distracted that rote memorization should not be one of her strengths.

Also note that she placed 3rd after being sleep deprived and taking a nap during the test.

I should rewatch part of the first episode because that definitely changes the context of Purin being mad/tsundere about Yua not going to the same school

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah Yua is wicked smart and creative, she just has this unfortunate problem of injuring herself, remember that even before she joined DIY she was in the Nurse's Office every day. I think Purin was upset when she found out they weren't going to the same school because Purin has for most of their lives been Yua's protector. That dynamic has changed thanks to the club and it will be interesting to see how Purin takes it for the rest of the series.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Xelkelvos posted:

I should rewatch part of the first episode because that definitely changes the context of Purin being mad/tsundere about Yua not going to the same school

I just went back and Purin's immediate assumption is that Serufu didn't get in because she was daydreaming during the test... Which given this is Yua Serufu is extremely likely and also Serufu doesn't deny it. And it does indeed take on a radically different cast knowing Serufu is actually extremely gifted. It also changes one of the gags from that episode where after the first day Serufu mentions learning about Marcus Aurelius, initially I assumed she maybe just remembered his name but chances are if she was actually paying attention she probably knows drat near everything in the curriculum about him. The most recent episode also shows Serufu does know how you're supposed to do all those DIY craft things she was trying to do, she knows which tools to use for what and even lists off how to use a jigsaw and the proper form and to prepare for the kickback, yeah she's clumsy and couldn't do it and is extremely easily distracted and substantially better at the "arts" part of arts and crafts, but she's also surprisingly sharp for a laid back goofball.

Also all of those trophies and plaques she has were there in the very first establishing shot of her room, hindsight suggests Serufu is a legit scatterbrained genius.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
can we start a adderall fund for yua

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Tabletops posted:

can we start a adderall fund for yua

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

serufu having the only white mouth while everyone else has regular pink ones is a bit weird

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

cave emperor posted:

serufu having the only white mouth while everyone else has regular pink ones is a bit weird

it's all that glue she ate as a child, with a side of crayons

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

cave emperor posted:

that’s her teeth you rude bastard

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
My personal theory is that she was injured so much as a kid that she was just stuffed full of the same soft stuff Bayomax is made out of. It's cushioning.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Wait so... People didn't get that Pudding was so aggro at Seru because Pudding knows she's a freaking prodigy/klutz-savant and is extremely blasé about things that Pudding works hard for?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

FilthyImp posted:

Wait so... People didn't get that Pudding was so aggro at Seru because Pudding knows she's a freaking prodigy/klutz-savant and is extremely blasé about things that Pudding works hard for?

I assumed it was bog standard tsundere

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

she's also pissed that yua didn't seem upset by not getting into the same school as her.

E: and, you know, seems perfectly happy and fine with her new friends. see how purin retracts at various moments during the beach episode

Sleng Teng fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Dec 3, 2022

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.
Yeah it seemed to me that Pudding expected to always have Yua around and is having trouble adjusting to the new dynamic and/or admitting to herself that Yua is actually that important to her.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
That, with a side of "why the gently caress are they letting her be anywhere in the vicinity of power tools"

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Amstrad posted:

Yeah it seemed to me that Pudding expected to always have Yua around and is having trouble adjusting to the new dynamic and/or admitting to herself that Yua is actually that important to her.

Also she's no doubt angry that Yua didn't have any trouble adjusting and just kept truckin' without her

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Also she's no doubt angry that Yua didn't have any trouble adjusting and just kept truckin' without her

I think this is a toxic reading on Purin. I agree there's obviously some teenage jealously there, but not to that extent.

It's kind of implied Purin went all in on automation studies and the like because a world without manual work is the only one which she feels Serufu can exist safely on, because exaggerated concern or not, Serufu does have the perfect attendance record in the school infirmary.

And it's not like Serufu moved on past her either. Her first DYI idea was to build a bench in an attempt to reconnect with Purin.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I liked that bench. It was colorful and well done using the materials at hand. I can't believe the end of episode twist though this week.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Did they seriously pile all the materials right next to the garbage bins and expected nothing would happen for days? :psyduck:

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Presumably they had the space allotted to them/an understanding with the school officials but the well-meaning trash guy didn't get the memo. Something similar happened at a workplace once so this is a learning moment. Label and/or cordon off your things, kids

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
Hopefully they kept the TABs and other hardware inside the clubhouse to keep dry, so they'll still have the most expensive bits needed to build. And maybe that store has a ton more pallets to disassemble.

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Finally it's time for Purin to shine. This calls for legions of autonomous AI drones to get back the goods. They will of course be capable of self-replication and self-reprogramming to better deal with unforeseen obstacles. Rest assured they are perfectly safe.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Saoshyant posted:

It's kind of implied Purin went all in on automation studies and the like because a world without manual work is the only one which she feels Serufu can exist safely on, because exaggerated concern or not, Serufu does have the perfect attendance record in the school infirmary.

The real reason robots learn to work around the three laws and imprison humans for their own safety was trying to find scenarios in which Serufu didn't hurt herself.

They still failed.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

GloomMouse posted:

Finally it's time for Purin to shine. This calls for legions of autonomous AI drones to get back the goods. They will of course be capable of self-replication and self-reprogramming to better deal with unforeseen obstacles. Rest assured they are perfectly safe.

Purin quickly employed by Faro Automated Solutions.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
serufu can't walk down the street without injuring herself. there's no possible world that is serufu-proof.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
This episode was so wholesome

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

My heart just cannot handle sad Serufu

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

I think the punchline was that Serufu wasn't actually depressed, she reacted to the situation by going into a fugue state until she found and answer imagined as a ludicrously goofy scenario. That girl's brain is wired differently.

Also love both the conditioned dread that came when she was riding her bicycle later in the episode, and the casual "I just drove a couple hundred Kilometers all over Japan last night" from the nurse.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

I was heartbroken seeing Serufu like that. Throughout ten episodes, she had never been anything but fully optimistic and this time, this time reality hit hard and she couldn't take it.

But nope! Turns out Serufu was doing what Serufu always does and she was just fine, while distractedly thinking how to sort the situation. So great.

The whole thing. Most wholesome show.

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

On the one hand it would've been nice if Purin working up the courage to comfort Serufu was actually needed but on the other I don't want her to be that depressed ever so

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Quick post to show you what DIY can do that they don't want to to hear.

Rechargeable batteries in devices are awesome, but less awesome is being forced to buy a whole new device when the rechargeable batteries are worn to the point where you can't fully shave your legs in one go. I call bullshit on that.

NiMH cells can be super easy to replace, especially since they usually standard dimensions. This had some crappy Chinese cells in there so when they died I put in fresh Eneloops. I bought them from a battery place so they would weld in the soldering tabs for me for free on the top and the series bridge on the bottom If the physical dimensions are off you may need to use spacers, but AAA Eneloops fit perfectly after taking the additional welded parts into account.

Sometimes the disassembly doesn't go as smooth as you'd like. Like I said before, old inner tube can make for an alright seal in a pinch, as well as packing tape. I've been meaning to do it properly with a big thing of clear heatshrink but so far this is working with no issues.

I treated the Lithium batteries for my bike headlight like poo poo, and running them at -40C definitely wasn't be great for their lifespan. Just carefully photograph and diagram the circuit for the new soldering tabs that need to be welded on, since especially with lithium ion that's best left to the place you get the batteries from. My local places are cool about it and do it for free if I get my new cells from them.

The absolute best are modern devices that are still build with serviceability in mind. These battery packs for my bicycle dashcam open with a screwdriver and the LiPo pack can be desoldered from the circuit board so everything but the worn item is reusable. The number is usually the dimensions (403035 is 40mm x 30mm x 35mm) so you can get a rough approximation of something that will work (make sure to get the right voltage, and if there's multiple packs see if they're wired in parallel or series).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Ms. Suride your results have come in, I'm afraid you are terminally tsundere.