Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009
My wife's computer is having an odd issue, and I'm thinking it may be card related, but we'll see.

MB: Gigabyte 450 DS3H
RAM: GSKILL Aegis 2x16
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3600x
Drive: WD Blue SN550 NVMe 250GB
GPU: Gigabyte Gaming OC GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

OS and Drivers both updated.

So the basic gist is she's having graphical glitching issues when she's watching videos. This can be either in the browser (Edge) or cutscenes in FFXIV. She never has the issue playing the game itself. Temps, load, memory are all within normal ranges (GPU at 40 max while just video watching). She doesn't do much on it outside of those two things. Restart fixes it, but temporarily at best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Gothmog1065 posted:

So the basic gist is she's having graphical glitching issues when she's watching videos. This can be either in the browser (Edge) or cutscenes in FFXIV. She never has the issue playing the game itself. Temps, load, memory are all within normal ranges (GPU at 40 max while just video watching). She doesn't do much on it outside of those two things. Restart fixes it, but temporarily at best.

Run DDU https://www.wagnardsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4142 and then install the latest GPU drivers.

If that doesn't fix the issue then I'd just try a different monitor cable/monitor/GPU.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009
Thanks for that. Testing it now, got a busy weekend (inlaws and cleaning ugh). It might be cord fuckery but it's just odd that it only happens when a video of some sort is playing, otherwise it's fine. GPU test is gonna be the hardest for obvious reasons, but hopefully it won't come to that.