Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )

Finger Prince posted:

I don't think I'll ever be back to my hometown as in the place I grew up. I'm somewhat nomadic so I don't really have a home or a town, just a place where I live at the moment. However I'm happy to take pictures of something in that place in order to fulfil a vague mandate itt.

Your prompt is "transition"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Chewbecca posted:

Hmm, for you the prompt is "biggest"

i went on a mission to find big things. the biggest raccoons are right here on my deck.

I've seen much bigger shrooms, but these are the biggest that i can find right now. shaggy ink caps.
I can't get into the woods to see the proper big lads, the hurricane has left the woods in a dangerous state.

the biggest thing that was knocked over by the hurricane, near me!

biggest caterpillar that i could find today. a woolly bear.

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

Chewbecca

Tom Nook and the boys doing your renovations :grovertoot:

Also oh no at that hurricane house :stonk:

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

Ass-penny

paint me like one of your french girls

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

rear end-penny posted:

paint me like one of your french girls

:laugh:

Shifty Nipples

Dr. Honked posted:

biggest caterpillar that i could find today. a woolly bear.

I haven't seen a woolly bear caterpillar since I was a kid, drat.

Thanks Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss

Escape From Noise

Yeah, actually this made me realize, what do you mean by "hometown"? Is it where I've been living for the last four years? Where I lived until middle school? Where I spent most of my childhood until middle school? Or is it where I was born?

Saoshyant

:hmmorks: :orks:

ITT

Escape From Noise posted:

Yeah, actually this made me realize, what do you mean by "hometown"? Is it where I've been living for the last four years? Where I lived until middle school? Where I spent most of my childhood until middle school? Or is it where I was born?

Home is a time, not a place.
--Achewood

awesome spring sig by RavenousScoot

more falafel please

forums poster

Saoshyant posted:

ITT

--Achewood

oh god is that from the arc where phillipe goes back to live with his mom

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Saoshyant

more falafel please posted:

oh god is that from the arc where phillipe goes back to live with his mom

Yup. It is certainly a life lesson for both the character and the reader.

Chewbecca

Escape From Noise posted:

It means whatever you want it to mean, my friend!

Chewbecca

Saoshyant posted:

ITT

--Achewood

Your prompt is "colour"

Saoshyant

Chewbecca posted:

Your prompt is "colour"

This is a great creative prompt which I hope I will be able to tackle during the weekend. For the past two days it's been raining (thank heavens, the recent droughts have been incredibly bad), which has the side effect of removing all colour from everything -- it's all gray currently.

Rutir

Dancing Kangaroo.
ITT

Ohtori Akio
I have been quite busy with veterinary concerns and also the fumigation of my entire city. I have at least one good picture and I'll collect a few more. Your collective patience is beloved.

Chewbecca

Friend your prompt is "depth"

Heather Papps

hello friend

Chewbecca posted:

Your prompt is "tradition"

i live 15 minutes from bruce mines, which is proud of being known as canada's first copper mine. some dude named bruce said "hey let's get copper out of here" and canada kind of pretends everything that happened here before europeans arrived did not occur. the native population had a complex copper extraction and processing culture.

anyways. this is the town my great grandparents and grandparents and many other relatives lived in or around. the house my grandparents bought was across the street from my grammas folks place, and is very old for a canadian house (i don't know gently caress maybe a hundred years) and at the time it was built was named hillcrest, because, get this - it was built at the top of the hill. my grandparents bought the house from the original owners, and raised a family in it, and my grandfather died in that house. when my dad was very young they didn't even have indoor plumbing, the house was built before the infrastructure or even a reliable network of roads existed.

at some point when my dad was young the sign broke, and was put away, and forgotten, till a few months ago. my grandfather had a shed in the back yard with all sorts of treasures and projects stashed away in and around it, and my dad found this sign. he's going to get it repaired, and we'll put it somewhere on the house. a house that in a few years, if things go the way i plan, i'll buy, and move into, and then if i'm very lucky raise a family in and then die in.

our family has lots of memories and traditions tied into that house and i hope to be able to carry on my ancestral home, and pass on these memories and traditions to the next generation.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

teen witch
town me up

Chewbecca

teen witch posted:

town me up

Your hometown adventure prompt is "surprise"

Chewbecca

bumpin' this

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

baka of lathspell

postin up

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Stoner Sloth

i got a post on the way this weekend, promise!

sb hermit

Stoner Sloth posted:

i got a post on the way this weekend, promise!

:same: if not sooner

Chewbecca

Your prompt is "best"

Pony Jabroni

one time my friend and i sewed together our own skirts and conspiracy t shirts and went to an olive garden at 9:30 AM and ordered six liters of wine and free bread sticks and it was the best day ever
im posting!!!!

sb hermit

Chewbecca posted:

Your adventure prompt is "markets"

https://imgur.com/a/IEr8dEI

Markets in my home town are much like the rest of the modern world. Supermarkets packed with goods from both sides of the ocean, sterile yet upbeat signage, and a starbucks. Or the corporate bookstore with cs lewis and demon slayer both occupying nearby shelves in the children's section, across the way from the in-house starbucks. Or, simply, the ubiquitous starbucks coffee store itself.

If you want character in a market, you go to a farmer's market. I went to one a few weeks ago and took some pictures. Images have been shrunk down and modified to protect privacy.

This farmer's market is in the parking lot of a giant megachurch. It features mainly produce, but you can also get hot food (tamales, dumplings, etc), bread, hot sauces, and various craft goods among other things.

for example, you can pick up some succulents

or some jams and jellies

or some veggies

and more produce like fruits or herbs. There was also a guy playing the sax to Careless Whisper and a tiny food truck with coffee.

Unfortunately, they do not allow dogs.

I picked up some hot sauce! This one is particularly spicy.

This one has smoky chipotle.

I have never had overnight oats before, so I picked this up.

Everything was around $10 each, I think. I didn't pick up any produce since I wasn't sure when I was going to be able to get home.

Anyways, the next stop is a completely different location, where they were holding a craft fair. When the leaves on the branch are turnin', and the pumpkin spice is pumpin', thoughts generally turn to The Holidays and the need to buy gifts for you and yours if you celebrate that sort of thing. Unfortunately, mid October is much too early, and most craft fairs (that want to sell to holiday shoppers) usually occur in November. But, no one has faulted the early bird for trying too hard, so I decided to drop by and take a look.

It's a much smaller affair than the farmer's market, with an outdoor portion (much of which you can see here) and an indoor portion (which I didn't take a picture of). No food here save for homemade cookies. Lots of jewelry for sale, clothing accessories, art, and one guy showing off his wood.

I ended up picking up a notebook, though.

I was planning on visiting a pumpkin patch but ran out of time.

I apologize for the dark images of the products. It looked good in the camera preview but I should have used a bit of fill flash anyway.

sb hermit

I should mention that when those pictures were taken, it was a very cloudy day. A lot of October in California tends to be cloudy with a chance of rain, and there was actually some rain that day as well!

I got to go to a planetarium then take my parents to the mall. It was a very busy day.

sb hermit

itt

Ass-penny

dang, why farmers got beef with dogs? :iiam:

Chewbecca

Pony Jabroni posted:

im posting!!!!

Your prompt is "perimeter"

sb hermit

rear end-penny posted:

dang, why farmers got beef with dogs? :iiam:

I'm pretty sure in this case it's related to a local ordinance stating that animals cannot be present where food is prepared.

Dukes Mayo Clinic
Postin for a promptin.

Chewbecca

Dukes Mayo Clinic posted:

Postin for a promptin.

Your prompt is "secret"

baka of lathspell

ok so here is the best post as you can see from the 2 pix below it is truly the best post

v faded composing this

but basically I went to mt pleasant which is arguably uh, torontos best cemetery. the other option was going to the beach but this won out. glenn gould is buried here and woods of ypres wrote a song about it. here is the stuff I found while visiting today and thoughts about it wherever possible

this cool rear end thing greets you when you come in from the horse-decalled bridge or maybe it was after wandering a lil. cut off the top of it to get the plaque but it was typically phallic. i took it to be the secret burial area of some masonic society

btw to get them out of the way here are the angels. there are a bunch of these and a few other icon type sculptures in there

this one has a house

armless holy baby

this is a guy riding a horse with a sword and there are lions everywhere. i totally failed at taking this pic so wtf. it was pretty dope tho

you see this entering the Forest of Remembrance. it is very lovely. i spent a while here eating watermelon chunks:

here is some miscellaneous other stuff:

cube grave

celtic cross

chalice grave

cool cooperative effort grave

moon phases

cool tree

k that’s my post. i blind looked for ggs grave but that place is huge. that’s the best of what i saw tho

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Dukes Mayo Clinic

Chewbecca posted:

Your prompt is "secret"

:hmmyes:

Moo Cowabunga

[Office Worker.

I am enjoying this thread.

Platinum User Pot Smoke Phoenix!

VANISHER

HEATHER PAPPS