Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The 2022 Wrestling observer Hall of Fame ballots are out and it's time to talk about who you think should go in. Some changes this year as you can vote for up to 15 people on the ballot, but only up to a maximum of 5 per category. To get in you have to receive 60% of the votes per region (Regions are US/Canada, Japan, Mexico, Rest of the World, Non-Wrestlers and Historical). To qualify you have to be over 35 years old and have 10 years in the business. To stay on the ballot you need to get 10% of the votes and if your on the ballot for 15 years + you need to get 50% or you get booted off.

This years ballot - https://twitter.com/allan_cheapshot/status/1581200684716011521

The theme for this year seems to be Tag Teams as we have a bunch on the ballot and the voting change done in part to get some of the more famous teams in, especially if the team already has one guy in the hall. Teams like the Holy Demon Army (Taue/Kawada) and Steamboat/Youngblood seem to benefit from this change as before Dave seem reluctant to have guys enter the hall twice while in a tag team. The US ballot is again the most interesting as we have a lot of WWE guys who are borderline but just don't seem to be hall worthy for a variety of reason with Becky Lynch probably having the best case. And than we have CM Punk who probably would of made it in if he didn't decide to vent his frustrations in the post All Out Press conference

Anyway discuss and debate who you think should go in!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Dave seem to want to avoid the pitfalls other halls have with keeping a stagnant voter pool which I get but yeah, that does seem like the pool has grown way to much

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

fez_machine posted:

One of the major problems with the expanded voting pool is that not everyone uses their full amount of votes distorting the percentages.

Meltzer should make full ballot voting compulsory. (Maybe reduce the amount of votes from ten to compensate).

Some sicko is probably a voter but not putting anyone on their ballot.

See while I could see that in theory I look at the US ballot and I'm not sure I can get 5 names I think should go in!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

fez_machine posted:

20 years of WWE monopoly does that to a region.

Scary thing is only half of the US ballot is people who had the bulk of their career in WWF/WWE. Rest were either in WCW or the territories and well...they're borderline for a lot reasons.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

As much as CIMA pissed people off CIMA legacy is bigger than Marufuji's what with Dragongate and the Lucharesu style that's now all over wrestling. Marufuji's also hurt by having his first run as champion being a disaster (not his fault but a lot of 2000's candidates are hurt by their companies doing mistakes sadly) and his later runs coming when NOAH was clearly at best the #3 company in Japan at best.

One could argue that his ROH appearances could help him as a generation of the current starts looked at it and copied parts of it for their act but than he also gets lost in the other 00's ROH acts like Daniels/Joe/Punk that have cases but also aren't going to make it in.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

On today's WOR Dave mentioned the Hall of Fame issue is this Friday and we've got 6 wrestlers/Tag Teams going in it looks like and 2 contributers

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Reading the breakdown of votes is pretty interesting. Naito did great among reporters but merely okay among historians/wrestlers. Active wrestlers also had Hayabusa ranked fairly high too

Gonna be really funny/sad when reporters/active wrestlers rank the Young Bucks high and historians/retired wrestlers dont

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

It's actually pretty fitting that Ibushi/Naito went in together given their shared love of taking insane head/neck bumps!