Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Love Rat
Jan 15, 2008

I've made a psycho call to the woman I love, I've kicked a dog to death, and now I'm going to pepper spray an acquaintance. Something... I mean, what's happened to me?
We're always hearing from Red America about the radical left in blue states. Seriously?

There are actual radicals and progressives, but corpo Dems who love real estate investment, the Chamber of Commerce and capitalist big dogs outnumber them significantly where it counts. And they have the equity and cash on hand to make sure nothing really gets solved. I've had Seattle liberals tell me with perfect smiles that the homeless should just be killed, only half-joking really. And the city really is divided between people who own homes and renters, and the homeowners are as reactionary as they come when it comes to housing people anywhere near them.

Republican-dominated states like to pretend there's some lockstep leftwing thing happening in places like Seattle, but rich people and people with means run these cities just like anywhere else, even if they talk big game about LGBTQ and minority rights, about inclusivity, etc. These are just platitudes. If you want to see hate in Seattle bring up any left-wing politician or activist or even pragmatic solution at North Seattle neighborhood meetings lol.

Love Rat has issued a correction as of 22:24 on Oct 21, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Love Rat
Jan 15, 2008

I've made a psycho call to the woman I love, I've kicked a dog to death, and now I'm going to pepper spray an acquaintance. Something... I mean, what's happened to me?

bedpan posted:

I love that this is true but not in the way the OP thinks

Yeah, as a Seattleite I have to laugh. It doesn't even reflect basic, everyday reality. This city's run by the Chamber of Commerce and always has been; progressives and leftists have always been a minority and never mayor. Mike McGinn had his moments and got railroaded for it.

And in terms of street crime, it's most definitely not Old Detroit in Robocop like reactionaries pretend it is. They'll see a guy using in the streets or a homeless person panhandling and they think it's loving Death Wish.

Love Rat
Jan 15, 2008

The Repubs are really good at figuring out pressure points that bring out the liberal and "centrist" fascists. What they did with this migrant busing/flying bullshit is a masterclass in cynical politics. If loving with abortion or LGTBQ people doesn't work; just shift the focus to the next population to dehumanize and put the Dems in a position where they're forced to either be decent/humane or freak out and start calling for crackdowns and violence. Get dumb libs to start talking about open borders and calling for the end of whatever humane laws are on the books. The GOP never underestimates people's capacity for petty cruelty, especially when faced with a slight inconvenience.