Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ohtori Akio
I love going on easy Seattle-area hikes. I'll see if I can't get some pics in before the season is done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ohtori Akio
Wool is ftw. Got a whole merino base layer set from varusteleka (ships from Finland) and I'm ready for whatever chilly weather can come my way. Undergarments as well!

What you put on top is less of a big deal as long as you avoid cotton if moisture is even slightly a threat. I like my big silly wool poncho! It hardly ever does more than drizzle here and I only day hike so it's perfect.

If you don't mind the aesthetic and having to shop around or be careful with fit, surplus stuff is great. You can also get some of that stuff from varusteleka.

Ohtori Akio
That'll do the trick great for summer, as long as whoever reads this remembers their water.

Ohtori Akio
That waterfall goes crazy. And what a city view!