Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Upgrade
Jun 19, 2021

Will be visiting Saint Lucia this winter and would love to hear from people who have been there!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poopelyse
Jan 22, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
hey, I've been there! my wife and i did our honeymoon there in summer 2021 at an all-inclusive resort. i see you posted this like a month ago so you might have already gone.

we had a great time. super pretty beach, cool activities to do, nice weather. i had never been to a Caribbean island or an all inclusive resort so I have no idea if my experience was unique to saint lucia.

we scheduled the taxi ride from airport to hotel ahead of time. it was like a 1.5 hr drive. the driver was really nice and talked to us a lot about the island on our way there and took us through the main city as a little tour. really pretty and some unique history.

at the hotel, we planned out our activities for the week - jungle zipline, catamaran tour + waterfall + volcano mud bath + snorkeling, and sunset boat tou + dinner and drinks.

the best was the catamaran tour. they took us up the coast to see the pitons. then docked where we got on a bus to take us into the jungle to a super cool waterfall. then to the volcano where there was natural mud baths. bus backed to the boat where they had lunch and drinks. dropped anchor on the coast somewhere and handed out goggles, snorkels, and fins. let everyone snorkel around. really cool. then on the way back, we did some boat dancing and drank lots of rum punch. good fun.

days without activities, we mostly hung out at the beach and pool. the one thing we didn't enjoy - people selling stuff on the beach. apparently all beaches are open to the public in saint lucia so locals are out and about. I was ill prepared to deal with telling people to go away so I spent too much money being suckered. (I also felt bad since covid definitely hurt the locals).

the local saint lucia Piton beer is delicious so definitely give that a try.

everyone we met was super nice and friendly. Zipline people were awesome and would take photos and videos for you. hotel staff were great. taxi guy was great. just have plenty of cash to tip! we ran out and had to get some Caribbean dollars (hotel front desk gave us the cash and charged our room) in order to pay for taxi from hotel to airport.

also airport on the way home was really crowded but otherwise fine. be prepared for people trying to help with luggage looking for tips.

overall, we had an awesome time and would love to go back! ask any questions if you ever see this lol. also we didn't do too much outside of the hotel and activities. things were still relatively shutdown because of covid at the time. we had to show vaccine status before entering and they were requiring tourists to only do pre-approved activities