Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Leperflesh posted:

if you pre-registered for a convention you should not have to stand in line to get in, at all. They send you your badge, you walk straight in, and there needs to be enough doors open with enough people looking at badges that there's no slowdown even on day one when the doors open.

this works at Costco, so I approve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Growing up in the US and moving to a place (Taiwan) where tipping culture does not exist has turned me against the idea of tipping and I just want people to be paid more.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Shadow0 posted:

This is especially heinous for foreigners. *Clicks "translate page"* *All text remains unintelligible*

Similarly, nothing makes me more frustrated that visiting an American company's website and then being FORCED to use the local language because it constantly redirects you.
Google.com always sent me to Google.ko or Google.de or Google.jp.co. You had to remember the code "nrs" or whatever it was something like "non-redirect something" and tack it on to the end of the URL. Thankfully, they finally added a "View Google in English" option. FINALLY.

I hate, hate, hate going to several websites (common enough for Chinese and Japanese) where all the information about a product I want to buy online is not in text but instead in jpgs with text on them so I can't google translate. Give me an option to make all that poo poo plain text!