Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
While I assume that it's just culturally differences, some if these suggestions seem like madness t9 me. Let's try something easier.

People should use toilet brushes after using a public toilet. Is that a categorical imperative we may all agree on? Does anybody disagree?

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Oct 21, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Using the metric system.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Where I'm from, we enter busses in the front and leave them in the back. (Which should be a common convention!) I wont squeeze myself past a dozen people or shout in public just to thank the driver after the ride.

If I take the last bus of the night and I'm the only passenger I wish that person a good night across the bus, but other than that I don't tend to talk to them.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Yeah, in Germany, it's usually rounding up to the next euro or the one after that and maybe something like a fiver for large orders or if the service was exceptional.
Tipping 20% is excessively much and if restaurants would de facto force you to do that so that the service personal does not starve, the EU would go against that.
We also don't have ridiculous laws which say that gastronomy workers are exempt from the federal minimum wage of 12€ (currently about 12 Dollar) either.

I can't fathom giving a subpar service a bonus of 20% anytime soon.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Ograbme posted:

Invert right stick Y-axis.

Can we just close this thread? It was a nice idea, but clearly, people are just using it to post inane nonsense in order to get a rise out of people.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Inferior Third Season posted:

I am not one to highly prize "authenticity" with food. Anything that tastes good is good, regardless of whether it is a bastardized version of how they make it wherever the dish originated.

But words still have meaning, and a cheese pizza is not a margherita pizza.

Obviously! Does anyone produce Margheritas without oregano or tomato sauce?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

mobby_6kl posted:

Okay how about this convention. If I click a link, it should open in the current tab. If II middle/control click a link, it should open in a new tab.

Seems like a no-brainer but some places still gently caress it up and it's infuriating.

Should the newly opened tab be set in focus or just open next to your other tabs?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Leperflesh posted:

There should be no more or less than 8 tabs in each of exactly 8 tab groups in each of your 8 browser sessions open at any given time

Of course, that applies to each of your eight computers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Rappaport posted:

How many icons may a user hold on their desktop?

Only the empty garbage bin.