Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Effective-Disorder
Nov 13, 2013

sebmojo posted:

2 spaces after a full stop, which is the objectively correct way to post as it makes sentences much more readable.

Doesn't CSS and such obviate the need for this typewriter-era convention? I've seen this all over the place editing papers and it used to drive me nuts to have to check to see that I haven't accidentally missed a space somewhere. Like just have an extra nbsp thrown in after, or adjust the kerning or what have you. There are reasons that content and formatting are separate these days, and most of them are really good ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Effective-Disorder
Nov 13, 2013

ultrafilter posted:

Putting in two spaces is a lot easier than anything you can do with CSS.

You can't do regex or such stuff with CSS I guess. I haven't messed with that for a while so I have no idea what it's like now. Do you want to extrapolate?

My whole position is that it's easier to just do one space at the origin because often times you can't tell if you've missed two spaces as easily as you can miss one. Maybe my eyes are bad?