Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hermsgervørden
Apr 23, 2004
Møøse Trainer

Cicero posted:

Do bus drivers actually like that though? I feel like if I was a bus driver I'd get tired of feeling obligated to say you're welcome at every stop a bunch of times.

I drive the bus. We really do like to be thanked. It’s also fairly uncommon, at least in the US, for passengers to thank us. I would estimate less than 1 in 50. And we don’t feel pressured to say “you’re welcome” as people who do say thank you generally leave immediately rather than wait for a reply. Which is good, because we don’t want you lingering by the doors clogging the space boarding passengers need.

Also in the US, our job is actually called Transit Operator and if you want really make us feel good, you can say “Thank you, Operator.” Usually the only people who get this right are in the transit business or related to an operator. But we are not gonna be picky about it.

I talked a little about this with Roman Mars when I was on 99% Invisible.

Also, thank you for riding the bus!

Edit:

sebmojo posted:

In my city you always thank the bus driver when you get off* for some reason, I think that is a nice thing to do and should be universal

*Disembark

*** Alight

Hermsgervørden fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Oct 21, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU