Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

That was genuinely the most pathetic thing I have ever witnessed. Kevin Smith needs to be stopped

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Nobody did OP.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Nobody did OP.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Nope

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
No

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

nah

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Negative on that, Maverick.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Wtf?

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

yes... i mean no

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Kind of a weird boring self indulgent unfunny bummer

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

They made a Clerks 2?

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Wait

It's OUT?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Prob the biggest Clerks 3 fan on the planet

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
That’s not a movie

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I saw it, AMA.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp
Ten years in and we bone like we're cheating on each other WITH each other. A decade-plus and her clit/brown/taint-area still pOwns my dick.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

sigher posted:

I saw it, AMA.

is it bad op

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

I saw it and heres what happens in it:

The film starts by revealing that Rosario Dawson’s character from Clerks 2 died like 5 minutes after the first movie ended. Which is why Dante isn’t lumbered with a wife in kid in this movie. Dante keeps having visions of her though so she’s still in the movie. In the movie Dante is very unhappy with his life and thinks he’s been wasting it

Randall has a heart attack at the start of the film and decides he has also been wasting his life so he wants to make a movie. The doctors tell Dante they have to try to keep his spirits up so Dante feels obligated to help make the movie. He also ropes all the characters from the old films in and they then spend the whole middle act making the movie. This essentially serves as a clip show of clerks 1 and 2 where they’re acting out scenes from the previous two movies (because apparently Randall is making a Clerks 1 and 2 combo movie)

Later in the movie Dante gets super mad at Randall for being ungrateful for all hes doing for him and then he has a heart attack too. It turns out Dante isn’t going to make it. So Randall breaks into the hospital and shows him the completed film on a laptop. Theres then this sequence where Dante is sitting in a theatre with Rosario Dawson and they watch a montage of clips from the actual clerks movies (not the version Randall made). This makes Dante realise he lived a great life and then him and Rosario Dawson leave for the afterlife together.

They have a funeral and then the movie ends

Edit: Oh and I didn’t stick around for it but I’m told theres a post credits scene where it reveals Randall became a great director who also still works at the Quick Stop

Edit 2: the movie is also very pro-NFT

Its not as awful as it sounds and if you like Clerks and Clerks 2 then there will be something here for you. If you don’t like either of those films you’ll hate it. Its a lot better than that new Jay and Silent Bob movie from a few years ago

Chrs fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Oct 23, 2022

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Randall is really funny and fun to watch, I don't know why the guy didn't bother trying to do a whole bunch of comedy movies, he's got the chops but he's hardly been in anything.

MaliciousBiz
Mar 28, 2010

I Pay to Poast on Internet
So,

Kevin Smith has a heart attack so he felt compelled to make a movie in which his characters all have heart attacks too?

LOL. Amazing.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

MrQwerty posted:

is it bad op

It's Kevin Smith huffing his own farts on screen for like 2 hours so... At the same time, he's paying tribute to the characters that have basically taken him this far and allowed him to achieve his dream of being a filmmaker so it's kinda touching. I enjoyed it but it's basically for his fans, and himself and mostly for himself.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

sigher posted:

I enjoyed it but it's basically for his fans, and himself and mostly for himself.

This is how I felt about it too. I spoiled the plot above and its as dumb as it sounds. But if you like the previous Clerks movies I can’t see people not liking this one too. If you don’t like either of the previous Clerks you’re going to hate this thing.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
those guys are too old to be convience store clerks. They should get a real job

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Chrs posted:

This is how I felt about it too. I spoiled the plot above and its as dumb as it sounds. But if you like the previous Clerks movies I can’t see people not liking this one too. If you don’t like either of the previous Clerks you’re going to hate this thing.

they made a clerks 2? wtf

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfeGh5boU3I

https://www.amazon.com/Reusable-Por...fQ%3D%3D&sr=8-8

Nope.

I am watching the 2019 reboot.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Zeluth fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Oct 23, 2022

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Kevin Smith is like if the main character from The World's End never got an apocalypse to play hero.

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011
I'm watching the cartoon

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Mat Damon was Loki before it was cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDjeBNv6ip0

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNEeyYp4fyg

!

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
clerks 3 will be remembered as the last American attempt at genuine filmmaking.

Chrs posted:

Edit 2: the movie is also very pro-NFT

nevermind

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags
worst episode ever

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Das Boo posted:

Kevin Smith is like if the main character from The World's End never got an apocalypse to play hero.

lol

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Das Boo posted:

lol with all his mates who keep coming back to indulge him every few years.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Kevin Smith is 52 years old and still wears a baseball cap backwards with JNCO jorts that are one inch off the ground.

Never take anyone over the age of 12 who wears a baseball cap backwards seriously.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

You Are A Elf posted:

Kevin Smith is 52 years old and still wears a baseball cap backwards with JNCO jorts that are one inch off the ground.

Never take anyone over the age of 12 who wears a baseball cap backwards seriously.

https://twitter.com/thatkevinsmith/status/2554608773

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

The movie is poo poo but I like Kevin Smith, the stories about what he did for Jason Mewes when he was at his lowest point are really touching. He seems like a nice but slightly cringeworthy guy.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
After so many years, Dante was in fact supposed to be there that day.....fin

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
No

Skulker
Jan 27, 2021

Duuuuuude!

Caesar Saladin posted:

The movie is poo poo but I like Kevin Smith, the stories about what he did for Jason Mewes when he was at his lowest point are really touching. He seems like a nice but slightly cringeworthy guy.

You're supposed to like and help your friends. It's not special.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Skulker posted:

You're supposed to like and help your friends. It's not special.

I mean he had him stay at his house and spent all his time with him, he did way more than most people would do in that situation. I'd say most people would absolutely just cut ties with a drug addict of that level.