Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Yeah the default is cutting off anyone in your friendgroup who's having issues that might make your life harder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh
Its amazing the movie got made and it was charming but I cant remember a single loving thing from it.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Colonel Cancer posted:

Yeah the default is cutting off anyone in your friendgroup who's having issues that might make your life harder

i absolutely think that most people wouldn't invite a heroin addict to live at their house

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Caesar Saladin posted:

i absolutely think that most people wouldn't invite a heroin addict to live at their house

I wasn't being ironic, it's an absolute norm for any kind of successful person in our society.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

This tweet should be put on his tombstone

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Caesar Saladin posted:

yeah, I never cut any of the heroin addicts I knew completely out of my life, but I was never going to allow any of them to live with me at the peak of their addiction, especially because generally when they were looking for a place to stay it was over lifting a bunch of poo poo from someone else we knew. Kevin Smith is a pretty good guy even if he is cringey.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Caesar Saladin posted:

I mean he had him stay at his house and spent all his time with him, he did way more than most people would do in that situation. I'd say most people would absolutely just cut ties with a drug addict of that level.

I always remember the bit in the story where Jay called in a big heroin deal for pick up at Kevins house then he robbed the dealer and blatantly ran and hid in Kevs house. Luckily the dealer knew who he was and that he was ultimately worth it in the long run so just charged him double the next time rather than taking more drastic measures.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

he hasn't made a good movie since maybe dogma but I agree he seems like a decent dude

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
No, because tbh Jason Mewes is depressing to look at these days

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIJa9wsa4Pw

Getting there.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

YeahTubaMike posted:

No, because tbh Jason Mewes is depressing to look at these days

Hes got PS3 teeth

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i tok your mom to see it opp lmoa

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
kevin smith likes to tell people he puts hs peenis in his wife butthole

i wondr how she feels about tha

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Constipated probably

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i bet kevin smith poops a lot

like a LOT

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

these days we call them sales associate not clerk, which is a derogatory slur for retail frontline work

the franchise really should be renamed, its not theoretical, people are hurting over this

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

he hasn't made a good movie since maybe dogma but I agree he seems like a decent dude

has dogma even held up at all?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i remember liking dogma as a teenager back when anything that subverted mainstream christianity seemed edgy and cool, but i am absolutely certain it would not hold up now.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

DrPossum posted:

has dogma even held up at all?

no idea I haven't watched it in at least a decade. i saw chasing amy again a few years ago though and that definitely doesn't hold up.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Clerks: The Cartoon holds up quite nicely.

Madness
Jan 23, 2007

I watched it and enjoyed it. I thought it was a great end to the series and the over all message was life is short NFT hard lol Also Jesus lol

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Im saving my psychic energy for the upcoming Spielberg self-suck film

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Nooge
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGWIn0hYyuY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzta1MPunjg

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Clerk Three's nuts, op.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
I paid $50 to go see Clerks 3/Kevin Smith Q&A

The movie wasnt excellent. But I saw it with my best buddy and we were stoned as gently caress the whole time, so overall it was a good experience.

Thats my review. You need weed and a best friend.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

I paid $50 to go see Clerks 3/Kevin Smith Q&A

The movie wasnt excellent. But I saw it with my best buddy and we were stoned as gently caress the whole time, so overall it was a good experience.

Thats my review. You need weed and a best friend.

I bet that was one stinky basement!

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

HEY YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO RENT HERE ANYMORE

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Szyznyk posted:

Clerks: The Cartoon holds up quite nicely.

No it doesn't

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
look, I never saw the cartoon series because I just lack the interest but even Ill admit that making the second episode a clip show is a loving stellar gag

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
ha ha who would watch this stupid movie anyway muuch less pre-order it, you have to be a moron to have seen every single kevin smith movie ever and also the clerks cartoon and occasionally watch his podcast. yup only a reeeeeaaaal loser would do that. a real sad person. not me at all, that's for sure.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I don't like Kevin Smith films but the Clerks cartoon is dang good.

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
i downloaded it illegally. i like the first two, but its more like seed of chucky in that its not a good movie but was clearly made for the fans. ive watched some of his other stuff like the walrus one and the movie he made to cast his daughter and his writing has gotten so worse. idk if its because hes rich or has a kid but his early stuff was good and you can stop there

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

op nobody saw clarks 3

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

Das Boo posted:

I don't like Kevin Smith films but the Clerks cartoon is dang good.
Clerks TAS got done so dirty. I watched a video recently that detailed everything that Disney did to absolutely gently caress them over, and it's a shame because it was actually a decent show.

Video in question:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fAxIqZSOXo

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

bucksmash posted:

Clerks TAS got done so dirty. I watched a video recently that detailed everything that Disney did to absolutely gently caress them over, and it's a shame because it was actually a decent show.

Video in question:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fAxIqZSOXo

I liked that show as a kid. I hope I don't get owned for sayign that

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
HAHAHAHA HOW THE gently caress IS KEVIN SMITH REAL BRO LIKE JUST WALK AWAY FROM THE THEATER

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
sorr my caps lock was on

i fixed it

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I know that Smith's story about what Chasing Amy is about is different than what I get out of it, which feels like there's actually other stuff going on in the movie in regards to Alyssa's character that isn't directly addressed that makes the film feel a bit more dark. It feels like if the movie had come out in the last decade or so the plot point of her sex story from high school would have sparked a lot of debate.

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
Saw it in theaters. Not the Q&A, thank god. I was full of righteous anger walking out of that theater, I would've said something really embarrassing to K-Smax. Fathom Events, which is kind of incredibly depressing in it's own right. I mean, you kind of have to feel bad for the guy. It must suck knowing your first feature will always be your best. Still though, a lovely film made all the more demoralizing by the surrounding Gen X'ers ROFLing at every inane callback. Basically just one big whack-off session of a film. Dude should just officially retire from the film industry and stick to making 500 podcasts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
Fiction almost universally sucks and we place too much importance on frivolous things like movies in America. We used to make steel and now the Chinese are going to enslave our children and our childrens children.