Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mr. Nice! posted:

The play the NFCE and the AFCE this year. Their 17th game is the Jags. Their same finish as last year opponents are the Seahawks and the Panthers. The easiest games they have remaining are just the Bears, Packers, and Panthers.

Just a murderous schedule. If you can find three sure wins in the rest of their season, you're a bolder person than I.

There are no sure wins there of course since they're the Lions. Which is probably the most important point in this conversation.

But they get the Bears twice and the newly completely dysfunctional Packers twice. I do not actually believe in the Giants or Jets yet. Conversely I think the Jags are better than their record but they're the Jags. And Carolina's in there. Not saying they're going to be lighting up that schedule, but there are opportunities in there.

e: I've been whooshed, I'm easily whooshed.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Oct 25, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

syzpid posted:

I will never understand why Eli Apple has gotten so many chances

This is part of it of course, but I feel like he'd just be viewed as a normal sort of playable corner that kinda sucks if he never talked or posted on social media.

He gives fuel to the fire of disliking him I guess.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I can get why he's popular but Pat McAfee annoys the poo poo out of me these days.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Fine? I guess.

I don't know why you do it now and why it's only two games, or is even two games or how they come to these decisions. But I'm not gonna be too bothered by his suspension in either direction, I'll just think it's weird.

And look forward to him getting cut after this season.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Everyone was hating on GB's returner (although I don't know if they have a different one for punts vs kickoffs), but it seems like the main problem there and with the Titans is they need to get more kickoffs to shine.

Receiving kickoffs generally means something bad has happened, but ignore that part of the equation.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Android Apocalypse posted:

If this took place in Missouri I'm genuinely curious what happened as the state passed permitless concealed carry in May of that year.

I mean nothing in Missouri almost surely, but

Mystic Stylez posted:

it was in LA IIRC

I don't know if it was in LA specifically but it was somewhere in California. Twice. Like he did it once and did the same thing again.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

joe football posted:

You can lose a fumble if you return it. Not sure if there's more 40+ yard kickoff returns or fumbled returns, but drat do they hurt so give me the coward touchback every time

I'd guess that there are more 40 yard kickoff returns than fumbles (I might be wrong), but there are also a whole lot of 15 yard returns which is where the rub is.

You're basically rolling the dice, if you get a good play you're going to get a really damned good play. Most of the time you're going to get a play that's sort of equal to a touchback and you risk giving up a penalty or...you know, you just don't get it that far.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

CharlestheHammer posted:

Man, the giants get no respect

I understand not respecting them, but the Jets being a tier above them there is an insult.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

wandler20 posted:

Someone on twitter said Kareem Hunt could be had for a 4th, someone should do that.

I don't want him but it would be very funny if the Chiefs did this.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Huh, I kinda liked Toney as a prospect.

Everything since he became a pro and not a prospect has been very bad though.

Kalli posted:

Also wanna see those conditions.

And this yeah. If it's conditional on him being actually good in some way I'm fine with it.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Diva Cupcake posted:

He's perpetually injured and also a shithead. For the Giants to trade him after a year when they don't even have WRs kinda speaks volumes.

Veach likes to take potshots at high draft picks who flamed out, and it mostly doesn't work but sometimes it kinda works?

You can imagine the guy being good if you want to. I don't know.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ah, well, I welcome our new Kadarius Toney franchise player who will definitely not be a problem in any way.

Rookie contract is a good deal, at least they can cut their losses if what we all expect happens.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

sportsgenius86 posted:

They must hate Skyy Moore.

Have you seen the man's decisions returning punts?

He's actually been fine on regular offense mostly I guess when he gets in there, although not a difference maker yet. Andy doesn't trust and is not a fan of rookie receivers in general to be fair for whatever reason.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kilometers Davis posted:

Ugggh it sounds like Shaq Barrett has a bad Achilles injury :negative:

They said he was going for tests which is maybe a slightly good sign? I mean he's still probably gone for the year but it might be better than a full tear, because when that happens you don't need any tests, you can look and know.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Man I knew it must have been pretty gnarly when I saw a guy getting carted off the field from an eye poke.

Sounds like the eye will be fine though, just gonna take some time so that part is good.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Malik Willis time!

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1586429175145328640

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Oh the London game is on ESPN+ only? Thank God, I have an excuse to not watch it.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
^^--well it was a 47 yarder, but yeah that's makeable e: poo poo you're talking the Overtime FG attempt, nevermind. Yeah, that was bad.

fartknocker posted:

Randall Cunningham’s 95-yard TD pass against Buffalo (Where he ducked under Bruce Smith to avoid a safety) was from well in his own end zone and was caught over midfield, so that may be up there. There’s probably some cannon armed guys going back who had some crazy bombs.

I was going to guess it'd be a QB Eagles pass in a game where Buddy Ryan had him attempt 15 passes or something dumb while running the rest of the time because he needed to keep the defense fresh. Looking it up it wasn't that bad, he threw 25 passes against 30 rushes (7 of which were his, which probably mean scrambles).

But yeah that pass went a ways.

kazil posted:

It's very letter of the law and not spirit of the law.

I...disagree that it's not the spirit of the law and I hate to, but this is what the NFL wants. They, because they are idiots, do not want players taking their helmets off on the field to celebrate because they do not want players becoming their own brands. It's the dumbest poo poo ever from any angle as far as I can tell, but you're a name and a number and not a face if you're an NFL player. I have never heard of it in a celebration mode being a safety issue.

It did give us Dwayne Rudd giving the Browns one of their more painful losses in history, which is saying something. So the rule has that going for it.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Oct 31, 2022

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Not NFL but Kordell Stewart is somewhere up there in memorable long throws.

From the 26 or 7 to about the 1 before it bounced into Westbook's hands?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Nt6HjqtJt8

I guess this might be a different category, because Hail Mary's are different than regular long as hell throws.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Oct 31, 2022

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

If only he didn't break a toddler's arm

Which he likely didn't. He just abused him awfully in other ways.

And choked his mom while she was pregnant. And some other stuff. I mean you know, his abuse only goes so far. (god I'm glad I don't have to go through listening to Chiefs fans about this anymore)

The guy can certainly play football pretty good though for sure.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

Sorry I get my domestic abusers confused. Was it Peterson who broke a kids arm? So many of them

His kid had a broken arm, but the way the break was it was likely just because he fell down instead of, you know being wrestled around by it or whatever. This was a whole very annoying topic of conversation for a long time.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Pron on VHS posted:

he’s a real piece of poo poo

I did not mean to imply otherwise to be clear. There's enough fire there already before you get to the smoke (assuming it's smoke).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Diva Cupcake posted:

I forget which thread Najee Harris Chat was but this is amazing.

They both looked so utterly amazing in college. It's so weird and apparently I cannot scout running backs for an NFL team.