Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
Game is good.

Talk about how good it is here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I am glad Luigi no longer dabs.

IMO.

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
Rabbid Mario becomes a killing machine partway through planet 3

Rabbid Luigi just isn't the same though and I don't use them in this game

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
i've only just got to the point where you unlock the 3rd player but Peach's shotgun fuckin rules.

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
It does. Peach is really good.

Just got to a 2 person challenge tentacle that requires Rabbid Luigi and Rabbid Rosalina. I hate it.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Man, the removal of friendly fire just turns rabbid mario and peach into complete monsters. Forget by world 3, they were shredding dudes before the end of world one.

E: also the first spark you get that boosts team damage is so comically broken. I don't think the world 2 final boss got a single enemy phase until the last round.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Shyfted One posted:

Rabbid Mario becomes a killing machine partway through planet 3

Rabbid Luigi just isn't the same though and I don't use them in this game

My dude, you can use a Spark to give him an element to his weapon and then smack 3-7 guys at once with Blaze/Splash/Spark/Frostbite/Gust/whatever. He’s insanely good for the missions where you have to hit a bunch of darkmess eyes, as well.

Rabbid Mario is insanely good once he gets the ability to continue moving after punching and then more punches. Give him a crit %+ Spark and lol

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Man, some hot pumpkin spice takes in this game

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I beat the Secret Zone in the third world but my map is still trying to tell me there’s a Spark there… is there a hidden one? Or is my game glitching?

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
^--I think that's a glitch. I remember reading about someone else who had the same problem.

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

My dude, you can use a Spark to give him an element to his weapon and then smack 3-7 guys at once with Blaze/Splash/Spark/Frostbite/Gust/whatever. He’s insanely good for the missions where you have to hit a bunch of darkmess eyes, as well.

Rabbid Mario is insanely good once he gets the ability to continue moving after punching and then more punches. Give him a crit %+ Spark and lol

R Luigi is just too situational to want to have at all times. Too many times you can only hit a few enemies and it's a 3 turn wait to reuse an elemental spark. I'd rather have Luigi or Edge.

Vampastra and Glitter on Rabbid Mario make him such a death machine. Him plus Peach with Starburst and Exosphere and Edge with Ethering and Vampdash is my current standard party.

My neighbor is using Mario, Luigi, and Rabbid Peach, but I hate having to think so much about turn order to effectively use all those reaction shots.

I know there's no turn limit/goal this time, but I still want to try and finish maps as quickly as possible.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I change my party almost every battle, based on their strengths. I don’t use anyone all the time except Rabbid Peach because healing. I’m on hard like a doofus and free healing is great.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I actually found myself preferring Peach's shields to Rabbid Peach's healing. Healing is more reliable I guess but Peach's shields can just dish out so much protection that they let you make a lot of plays you might not be able to.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Rabbid Peach’s weapon is also insanely good because you can hit almost anyone from almost anywhere. Peach’s is very destructive but the upside is it can hit a ton of enemies at once. And her ability to grant shields but using an ally for a team jump is cool.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I actually ended up using Mario Mario for a good chunk of the game because once you build up his Overwatch tree he can use it literally every turn and dashing into an enemy (among other things) triggers it so he can deal hilarious amounts of damage every turn.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

I like Mario Rabbid and Peach Rabbid's voices. I use them more because of this.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

I actually found Mario's overwatch tree the least interesting and powerful. His other two trees just play so nicely together.

E: but most importantly, bowser gets rabbid Mario's old bazooka without a cooldown and an army of exploding mini drones instead of just one big one like the old game. The team of him, rabbid mario, and peach with the enemy clumping spark is hilarious.

FoolyCharged fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Oct 26, 2022

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Kinda shocked how wells the Rabbid voices turned out, though the fact that they only use them for battle quotes helps in its favor.

That been said, not a fan of Beep-o and Jeanie being the only consistently voiced characters. Either commit to full voice acting or don’t!

EDIT: still in World 2. I hop between party members for the most part but I love that Luigi can straight up delete most everything with the right Spark.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Oct 26, 2022

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Speaking of beeps, if one of its upgrades doesn't involve one of my dudes manhandling it into a form of transportation I will be very disappointed at the downgrade from the originals dk dlc.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Mario's overwatch sucks on maps where theres small trash mobs running around, goombas act first and its like ok I didn't intend to waste skills on those.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

AlphaKeny1 posted:

Mario's overwatch sucks on maps where theres small trash mobs running around, goombas act first and its like ok I didn't intend to waste skills on those.

Use it before you dash attack on your turn if you're just looking to pump more damage out. Bonus points for getting it on a specific choice of target

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

The enormous enemy challenges are insane. I tried the one in Pristine Peaks and got the enemy down to under 500 HP before failing. hosed up!

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
Giant boss advice

Luigi + Rabbid Rosalina + Peach has murdered the 1st 3 giant bosses in 2-4 turns. But having the vamp attack spark from planet 3 makes a huge difference because it adds damage not resisted by the giant boss and gives increased crit chance.

1st turn:
Peach uses Starburst and maybe attacks
Luigi moves near max distance of giant boss and uses vamp attack spark and steely stare
Rabbid Rosalina uses either Screech or Glitter ONLY on the giant boss to make Luigi shoot 3 times and take off about half of their health. Then she uses Ennui on the boss and as many enemies as possible to lock them down for 2 turns.

I put Ethering on Peach so she could stay near the giant boss the next 2 turns as well and can keep stacking the boss, jumping to give Rabbid Peach a barrier or just using barrier tech on the team.

By the time Steely Stare is ready again you can have Rabbid Peach set off the boss with the other forced movement spark.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

gently caress, I didn’t even think about using Rabbid Rosalina. Seems obvious now that you said it!

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
I mean, it doesn't exactly make sense that a giant enemy who's resistant to all elemental effects would be susceptible to the most broken status effect in the game.

Noonsaliwah
Sep 5, 2006
Shizne
I want to use a variety of characters but Rabbid Mario (with the spark that draws enemies in), combined with Peach’s immunity, is just too good.

I’m having to force myself to use the other characters. They’re great but just so much slower at smashing the enemies to pieces.
I wish my characters regained health while resting on the bench, instead of regaining health after winning a battle. It’d give me a reason to rotate them more.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Is there something in game that explains what each elemental effect does? There was a tutorial that explained burn but I haven't seen others. I'm just kinda figuring them out from context.

I just started tonight and played through the end of the first world. This game is really, really good.

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
Don't know if there is anything in game that explains it

Burn you know. It can also set other people on fire if they touch them. It's great for getting enemies out of cover, but I don't like it that much because I usually have my turns preplanned and it's a very unpredictable effect.

Splash is a persistent Bounce from the 1st game so anytime they get hit they bounce back into the air.

Ooze is poison damage each turn. I don't know if it's flat damage or a % of HP. I don't think it's that useful because you're not typically leaving enemies in attack range alive for more than 1 turn anyway.

Shock causes additional damage that can also spread to a nearby enemy. I don't know if it does anything to interrupt an enemy like cancelling their overwatch for example. Would be more useful if it did.

Freeze leaves the enemy unable to move, but they can still use abilities and shoot. A pretty good effect if you don't want to use Rabbid Rosalina, but want a way to keep enemies stuck for a turn while you run past or gain an advantageous position.

Gust is Push from the 1st game. The enemy tumbles back in the opposite direction they were hit.

Vampire is lifesteal and rocks because you get a damage boost, you regain life, and I don't think anyone resists it. I have Vampdash on Edge with her 4 dashes and whatever the Vamp attack one is on Rabbid Mario.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Does the game explicitly say Edge is female? I assumed so but she also has kind of a deep voice and could even be a silly parody of a bishounen protagonist from a JRPG, which would make them a guy.

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
Pretty sure it does when you first meet her, but I don't remember the dialogue.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Does the game explicitly say Edge is female? I assumed so but she also has kind of a deep voice and could even be a silly parody of a bishounen protagonist from a JRPG, which would make them a guy.

She's got ties to a group of characters that are all female. I think the game does call her she a time or two, but i couldn't tell you where.

Of course, the truth is that she identifies as a bench because sticking the literal edge lord on the bench all game is funny to me.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Thanks for the element rundown!

And yes Edge is a girl

donotpost
Jul 28, 2022
the music's real good

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
Has anyone been using a Peachless party? I was about to try Edge, R Mario, and Bowser before the kids woke up, but then the kids woke up so now I'm left wondering how well it will work. I've been missing having a long ranged character and lately Peach has just been using Starburst the 1st turn and then Barrier the 2nd while mostly just adding chip damage. I'd lose Barrier with Bowser, but I'm hoping extra killing power and distractions from the Mecha koopas would make up for it and let me hit the far away enemies.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I use a different party every mission so yeah I've gone without Peach plenty of times.

Rabbid Luigi feels like my weak link currently but maybe it's just cause I've been working towards his weakness debuffs and since I haven't finished them yet he hasn't come into his own. Plus it means I've been neglecting his weapon attacks.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Oh hey, that's something the game never told me or it did and I missed it, im not infallible

You can re-enter the little secret stages you open with the keys and replay them under a timer for gold weapon skins.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

FoolyCharged posted:

Oh hey, that's something the game never told me or it did and I missed it, im not infallible

You can re-enter the little secret stages you open with the keys and replay them under a timer for gold weapon skins.

Oh wow, I didn’t realize that. That’s kinda cool!

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Reached the final battle and boy does it dislike summoned enemies.

The first phase has a mechanic where it marks a target on your team at random and then attacks it at the end of your turn.

Attempt #1: game hung up when the attack launched against my summoned oozer.

Attempt #2: Game full out crashed when the monster i summoned(marked for the big attack) was killed by incoming reinforcements.

I think I'll just change my load out for Attempt #3, it looks like they didn't bug test this at all.

E: yup stable as a rock without any summons on phase 1. They work fine on the later phases. Ended the game with rabbid mario punching a bunch of dudes to death all at once, a fitting way to end the run.

FoolyCharged fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Oct 30, 2022

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Quoting this from the Switch thread:

DOOOOM

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Rabbid Luigi is the best team leader when you're running around the overworld :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

SPEED DONUTS