Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

An Actual Princess posted:

i forgot about link's awakening and the oracles. they should remake the oracles in the switch LA engine

I've been saying this. Nintendo is loving up

Also everyone forgets about Dragon Warrior Monsters, love to collect weird little guys to save a tree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Morpheus posted:

I feel like you may not know what this game is

Edit: That or are bizarrely angry about phones

I have the DS port of the game.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Wario Land 2 is one of the best 2-D platformers of all time and I will die on this hill. I played it a few years ago when it was put on the 3DS and forgot how insanely good it was.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

CBD Corndog posted:

I've been saying this. Nintendo is loving up

Also everyone forgets about Dragon Warrior Monsters, love to collect weird little guys to save a tree

I wonder how many kids were in my position and got Dragon Warrior Monsters knowing only that it was "like Pokemon" and had absolutely no idea what to make of it. I loved the game but never made it very far and could not tell you what I was supposed to be doing.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I wonder how many kids were in my position and got Dragon Warrior Monsters knowing only that it was "like Pokemon" and had absolutely no idea what to make of it. I loved the game but never made it very far and could not tell you what I was supposed to be doing.

I picked it up because the cover looked like Dragon Ball Z. Boy was I surprised, but I also had fun

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008

American McGay posted:

Battletanx is one of those franchises that seems to be in IP ownership purgatory which is a shame because both games were legitimately fun and the multiplayer mode of Global Assault was insanely good. So many hours screen peeking and destroying my dad with bouncing betties.

I'd love to play them again, but I doubt they hold up to my memory of them.

The FLP-E tank was so much fun. Just circle strafing all of the slow tanks.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Reminds me of Legend of the River King. A game that’s theoretically extremely my poo poo if I actually had any idea how to play it.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

idk why everyone wants gameboy games. Name one good one that isn’t pokemon

Off the top of my head:
Roland's Curse 1-2
SaGa 1-3
Final Fantasy Adventure
Tetris
Mario Land 1-3
Wario Land 2-3
Kirby
Link's Awakening

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Nov 2, 2022

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Detective No. 27 posted:

I have the DS port of the game.

The DS port of the...game released in 2020?

American McGay posted:

Reminds me of Legend of the River King. A game that’s theoretically extremely my poo poo if I actually had any idea how to play it.

I want another River King game, drat.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Morpheus posted:

The DS port of the...game released in 2020?

I looked this up, thinking they may have meant the predecessor from 2015, but that one didn't come out on DS either

I can only conclude they programmed the port themselves

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Wario Land 2 is one of the best 2-D platformers of all time and I will die on this hill. I played it a few years ago when it was put on the 3DS and forgot how insanely good it was.
Is that the SGB version or GBC? Is there a way to play the SGB version (with enhancements) without original hardware?

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Libluini posted:

I looked this up, thinking they may have meant the predecessor from 2015, but that one didn't come out on DS either

I can only conclude they programmed the port themselves

Or Nanashi no Game aka The Game With No Name

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Oh I misread and thought they were referring to Front Mission.

I don’t know what that other thing is. I’m just being bizarrely hostile towards phone gaming.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

ExcessBLarg! posted:

Is that the SGB version or GBC? Is there a way to play the SGB version (with enhancements) without original hardware?

I can’t remember and I also don’t remember what enhancements there were if you played it on a Super Game Boy.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
I'm playing the new Shin Chan x "My Summer Vacation"/Boku no Natsuyasumi game and it's reminding me of how bummed I am that more of this series didn't come out in NA.

Reminds me, I never got around to playing Attack of the Friday Monsters...

Morpheus posted:

How did that Fishing Paradiso game turn out?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

SL the Pyro posted:

What are the general opinions on Sonic Frontiers? I'm on the fence about getting it and need some reviews that aren't typical Metacritic or GameSpot drivel.

their own trailers have had obvious bugs/glitches/jank in and the entire game looks like a ue4 default landscape with rails stuck in the air randomly

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

grieving for Gandalf posted:

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1587798272311054336?t=9l7fAmKnzc_gXB2wkj9i9w&s=19

very cool but also seems wild for Square to put it out a couple weeks after Tactics Ogre lol

yeah they shouldve given tactics ogre the courtesy of not releasing so close to the greatest of all time. feel bad for TO but, it is what it is. im ready to enter the wanzers.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

speaking of frontiers this animated short they released yesterday was pretty sweet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gjszHTDjzo

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Beyond pouring days into Kirby's Pinball Land it would be awesome to get Game Boy games just to be able to play a bunch of weird little games I saw on the Funco Land trade in list for $1 but never played.

Speaking of Nintendo it has been awhile since you've release some weird SNES games people will complain about.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
Personally I had assumed that if we got Game Boy games we'd likely also get GBA games which is what I really want

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Thanks to whomever recommended the Warlock shooty game.

I was always bad at those types of games (like DOOM, Heretic/Hexen) but find them fun.
I got a lot better when I found the vertical lock option.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

This seems like a place to ask this question: While watching a Mario Odyssey speedrun, it occurred to me that the "got a star" fanfare from Mario 64 sounds a lot like a variation on the Bob-omb Battlefield theme. Were they originally planning on writing a different star-get song for every Mario 64 level, and eventually just settled on giving them all the Bob-omb Battlefield one?

It got so solidified as the sound that plays when you get a star that the "got a moon" fanfare from Odyssey is another variation on it, which if my theory is correct never would have happened with the 15 different star-get fanfares we'd have gotten if they'd stuck to their original plan (16 actually, accounting for the castle stars)

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

SL the Pyro posted:

What are the general opinions on Sonic Frontiers? I'm on the fence about getting it and need some reviews that aren't typical Metacritic or GameSpot drivel.

it's not out yet

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

idk why everyone wants gameboy games. Name one good one that isn’t pokemon

lmao c'mon

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

loquacius posted:

This seems like a place to ask this question: While watching a Mario Odyssey speedrun, it occurred to me that the "got a star" fanfare from Mario 64 sounds a lot like a variation on the Bob-omb Battlefield theme. Were they originally planning on writing a different star-get song for every Mario 64 level, and eventually just settled on giving them all the Bob-omb Battlefield one?

It got so solidified as the sound that plays when you get a star that the "got a moon" fanfare from Odyssey is another variation on it, which if my theory is correct never would have happened with the 15 different star-get fanfares we'd have gotten if they'd stuck to their original plan (16 actually, accounting for the castle stars)

nah. the snow theme and slide theme are also based on bob-omb battlefield. you can hear the same thing in SMW, a lot of the soundtrack was based on a few recurring motifs.
it doesn't mean they were planning to have a bunch of different star themes, it just means that koji kondo is a genius

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Finally played some Bayonetta. It's good (TM).

Only real complaint besides me being bad is the game having a lot of moves requiring hold R to use, which is bad when I already have to be using ZL for Demons and ZR to dodge. Also having a skill unlock system I'm not sure where to invest in.

And also demons still get cutins but angels don't? That's discrimination.

poonchasta
Feb 22, 2007

FFFFAAAFFFFF FFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFF FFFFFFFFAAAAAAFFFFF FFFFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFFF FFFFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFF
Is anyone playing Factorio on Switch? I've never played the game before, but it looks interesting.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Inzombiac posted:

Thanks to whomever recommended the Warlock shooty game.

I was always bad at those types of games (like DOOM, Heretic/Hexen) but find them fun.
I got a lot better when I found the vertical lock option.

Yeah, I had the same feeling; vertical aiming (in that game, specifically) just felt cumbersome.

Are you at the ice base yet?

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
The Sparks of Hope DLCs have been revealed.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Detective No. 27 posted:

Square has had a very strange year or releasing games to die against their own titles.

Square released/is releasing like 20 games this year! Many of which are really good! It’s impossible not to overlap a few. 2023 is going to be bonkers as well.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Lol Rayman's come full-circle from being the popular brand to launch the risky new IP of Rabbids into existence, to only appearing as an extra to the popular Rabbids brand.

At the very least he should've gotten into Smash Bros if they're gonna let him play alongside Mario characters like this :colbert:.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Yeah, I had the same feeling; vertical aiming (in that game, specifically) just felt cumbersome.

Are you at the ice base yet?

No, like I said, I'm dogshit at these games. I haven't gotten past the second level.
I'm way too conservative with ammo, so I keep just using the throwing knife.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

poonchasta posted:

Is anyone playing Factorio on Switch? I've never played the game before, but it looks interesting.

Haven't played it on Switch so I can't speak to the quality of the port, but Factorio is the ur 'production line's game for sure. Theres so much to build and so many ways to build it, I lost over a hundred hours to it when it was in beta. The game is all just based around moving resources around into various production facilities to make different resources and have those get elsewhere to make something even fancier. Have conveyor belts auto-load ammunition into lines of turrets to keep away the local wildlife, have trains bring in resources from far away, build a mech suit and blow stuff up. Really good.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Lol Rayman's come full-circle from being the popular brand to launch the risky new IP of Rabbids into existence, to only appearing as an extra to the popular Rabbids brand.

At the very least he should've gotten into Smash Bros if they're gonna let him play alongside Mario characters like this :colbert:.
I don't know that he's an extra. Looks like it could be more like the entire other Donkey Kong adventure from the previous game's DLC.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Agreed, though the Switch Rayman game is a fantastic 2D platformer if you're into those.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Ragequit posted:

Square released/is releasing like 20 games this year! Many of which are really good! It’s impossible not to overlap a few. 2023 is going to be bonkers as well.

Hey, I’m not complaining. It means I get the lesser ones on sale later. I just think it’s a weird strategy for Square. Still baffled that they haven’t released Pixel Remasters outside of Steam/Mobile.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Hammer Bro. posted:

Agreed, though the Switch Rayman game is a fantastic 2D platformer if you're into those.

I am, have them, and the WiiU versions too. Just lamenting the lack of more of them and the death of UbiArts in general.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Thanks for the update Amazon!

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
On the bright side, we’ll probably actually see footage of Prime 4 within the next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

the kid is gonna be disappointed there's no yoshi in the DLC