Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Shyfted One posted:

Rabbid Mario becomes a killing machine partway through planet 3

Rabbid Luigi just isn't the same though and I don't use them in this game

My dude, you can use a Spark to give him an element to his weapon and then smack 3-7 guys at once with Blaze/Splash/Spark/Frostbite/Gust/whatever. He’s insanely good for the missions where you have to hit a bunch of darkmess eyes, as well.

Rabbid Mario is insanely good once he gets the ability to continue moving after punching and then more punches. Give him a crit %+ Spark and lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I beat the Secret Zone in the third world but my map is still trying to tell me there’s a Spark there… is there a hidden one? Or is my game glitching?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I change my party almost every battle, based on their strengths. I don’t use anyone all the time except Rabbid Peach because healing. I’m on hard like a doofus and free healing is great.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Rabbid Peach’s weapon is also insanely good because you can hit almost anyone from almost anywhere. Peach’s is very destructive but the upside is it can hit a ton of enemies at once. And her ability to grant shields but using an ally for a team jump is cool.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

The enormous enemy challenges are insane. I tried the one in Pristine Peaks and got the enemy down to under 500 HP before failing. hosed up!

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

gently caress, I didn’t even think about using Rabbid Rosalina. Seems obvious now that you said it!

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Does the game explicitly say Edge is female? I assumed so but she also has kind of a deep voice and could even be a silly parody of a bishounen protagonist from a JRPG, which would make them a guy.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

FoolyCharged posted:

Oh hey, that's something the game never told me or it did and I missed it, im not infallible

You can re-enter the little secret stages you open with the keys and replay them under a timer for gold weapon skins.

Oh wow, I didn’t realize that. That’s kinda cool!

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Quoting this from the Switch thread:

DOOOOM

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

SPEED DONUTS

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I got Rosalina Rabbid and her Yee haw and corpse run makes me want to disagree

That said Im very bad at this game and I'm not sure how to make teams lol. Mario being a all rounder and having two shots just seems like it's a must have, Luigi being able to shoot from 5 billion miles away perfectly seems too good to replace and my 3rd slot is what usually changes between R. Peach for heals and R. Mario just because I like punching

I was kinda happy the R. Rosalina boss fight let me have 4 members and sad that didn't stick, but I don't know how to use R. Luigi, Peach or Edge when the normal Bros seem so needed

Rabbid Luigi can hit multiple enemies in one attack and has a debuff that can be very helpful. Hitting a bunch of enemies with Gust or Frostbite is pretty great.

Edge can hit a bunch of enemies at once with her regular attack. Her counter can also apparently hit multiple enemies but I’ve never triggered that. She can also unlock multiple dashes which get progressively stronger and increase her movement range, which is great.

Peach can make people invincible for a few hits, which is pretty good. I hate her weapon though so I don’t use her much.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Is 30 the max level? I got to 30 and then my characters’ exp bars filled up and just stopped lol if so, that sucks!

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

drat, I thought those little shiny spirals on the ground were something interesting or would require a later power up. Really hosed up that they don’t explain them early on!

In case you’re wondering, if you spin the stick quickly your character will spin around, doing so on the shiny spiral will make coins pop out. How lame!

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I beat the game, end boss fight was neat and I’m glad they let you use all of the characters in one battle. (or three adjacent ones, depending on how you look at it)

I haven’t gone back to 100% each world yet, I am having a hard time finding some of the planet coins. I hate that a lot of them aren’t marked on the map so you have to wander around blind to find the hidden ones. I wish they would give you more hints once you beat the game or something.

By the way, doing the time trial version of the Secret Zones after getting the Spark gives you weapon skins that count toward getting 100% in a world. Once you have 100%, you get a special prize on the Progress screen (open the map and hit R twice). Seems to be more weapon skins but they’re ~~fancy~~

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Argue posted:

I must be missing something really obvious here but I was hoping to unlock Bowser before finishing the rest of the world where you get him, but I can't find the path to the town plaza. I read that you can do either of the two missions first and they both lead you into town, but I did the forest first and the path into town is blocked by a barrier that needs to be unlocked from the other side. Was the internet wrong about both paths leading there or am I dumb

The game tells you to go to the dumb poet’s house to find a secret path into town. It’s there.

Edit: the Forest definitely doesn’t lead to town. But you have to go there first to unlock the scan ability iirc

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

FoolyCharged posted:

Nah, you can definitely go to town first, because I did it that way.

It probably unlocks the scan ability either way you go.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

https://twitter.com/nineverything/status/1598805472730939392?s=46&t=79UykyoT55rRs5ymwwxomQ

They fixed a bunch of glitches like not being able to get 100%, sometimes getting stuck out of bounds, and the glitch where the game crashed if you summoned an enemy during the final battle. They also added some QoL stuff.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Rabbid Rosalina cosplays as Rosalina because she is obsessed with Rosalina. At least, that was the impression I got. She joins the team so she can help save Rosalina. Idk they probably talked about it when you recruited her on the winter world.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Anybody still playing this game? There was an update today, sounds like the fist DLC wave is coming out this week.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

FoolyCharged posted:

Tried it out tonight. It's mildly interesting. It's a little random battle gauntlet randomizer. You get your pick of 2 or 3 levels each of which gives some variety of skill points, star bits, sparks, heroes, and so on. Pick the stuff you want then win the battle and get a new draw to pick from. Repeat until you hit a checkpoint stage that has a single giant enemy fight option.

Got about 6 battles in and then my game crashed after picking one and the save for the run now crashes on load. Don't know how common that bug is, but it does mean I'd struggle to recommend it as is if that's at all common.

Is it kind of rouge-like where you start at lv 1 with no skills or whatever? Or do you load your save and get whatever you had unlocked?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

FoolyCharged posted:

It very much felt two steps forward, one step back. It's mechanically even more fluid and I feel like combat is hugely improved, but a lot of the character from the original is gone. It's also piss easy and as of now doesn't have anything that really kicks your teeth in like the old hidden challenge maps did. Well, I guess if you enjoy the tower dlc enough to reach some of the last runs? I only did 2.

The giant enemy fights on Hard are really difficult, actually! And not in a fun way, imo. Overall the game is fairly challenging on hard. I ended up skipping a couple of giant enemies because I didn’t care enough to 100% the game.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

The winter world is the second one… I guess the first half of that world isn’t great but once you pass the mountain and get to the second part it gets good. Then you unlock Rabbid Rosalina who rules.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Second wave of the DLC is launching today, it’s an entirely new planet with new story content and enemies.

https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1671524162693726212?s=46&t=ZmcWuigp8va-srUE4rOQ8Q

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I like the Melodic Gardens even though it isn’t that different from the other planets, gameplay-wise. The vibe is great and it’s visually a lot nicer than most of the other planets tbh. I’ve been playing through it very slowly and enjoying my time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

https://twitter.com/mariorabbids/status/1686406635407777793?s=46&t=ZmcWuigp8va-srUE4rOQ8Q

They brought back the best boss from the first game for the Rayman DLC!!!!