Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
SILENT HILL: FIGHT
silent hil 1
silenthill 2
silent hllls2
silent hill 4
silent hill 3
silent hilll homecoming
silent hill origins:wolverine
silent hill downpour (the linkin park one)
siren: blood curse
View Results

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i, think that silent hill 3 is better than silver hill 2

but, i think silent hill 4 is worse than silent hill 2

so yeah, they're are making a bunch of new silent hills

https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/silent-hill-assassins-creed-modern-video-game-ip/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020
I expect this to go as well as the relaunch of every other "product of their time" products.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
was always glad that i held onto my og xbox copy of silent hill 2

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i sure hope they’re actually silent this time

Vakal
May 11, 2008
They should have just made a Roller Coaster Tycoon type Silent Hill game.

One half management sim of a sleepy tourist park, other half punishing the tormented lost souls.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
SH4 is actually really good

BrianRx
Jul 21, 2007
I hope one of these is going to be a dating simulator. I want to woo Pyramid Head.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Always thought it was a shame Downpour sucked because by then, videogame graphics had advanced to the point where Silent Hill could actually look like a real life town that's been abandoned for decades.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Yaldabaoth posted:

Always thought it was a shame Downpour sucked because by then, videogame graphics had advanced to the point where Silent Hill could actually look like a real life town that's been abandoned for decades.

even downpour's graphics weren't that great. whole town just had the same dilapidated fences and garbage repeated everywhere

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
wheres the fuckin Goku poll option OP

the gently caress OP!!!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
That town….Silent Bill…

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

hey did you guys know all that stuff in silent hill 2 is like, metaphors?

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There’s no such thing as a noisy hill so there is technically zero scariness to a silent hill :airquote: All hills are silent, you can just say hill. :crossarms:

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Gonna have to get myself a new PS2 because the one I’ve owned for twenty years poo poo the bed and has a hosed up graphics card or something wonky, and I can’t play SH2, SH3 or SH4 at the moment :smith:

At least I can still play SH1 :unsmith:

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Chinatown posted:

the gently caress OP!!!

:haibrower: mods?!?!?!?!?

Silent Hill 2 is a v. good game but I have zero desire to ever play it again. It’s a lot of Konami bs

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I dont see Book of Memories on the poll?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Junk posted:

SH4 is actually really good

Only half of 4 is good.

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

There’s no such thing as a noisy hill so there is technically zero scariness to a silent hill :airquote: All hills are silent, you can just say hill. :crossarms:

Volcanoes are pretty loud

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I've played about a grand total of 30 minutes of any of the Silent Hill games, combined. pretty wonderful stuff, op.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

We need a game based on Clive Barker's "In the Hills, The Cities"

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Chinatown posted:

the gently caress OP!!!

I feel very left out here :(

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
A brasil? Jesus christ

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

remake my balls

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
What if there was a game called loud valley and it's all like there is a bad guy called like oval foot and also it was a good game talk about opposite day!!! Lol!!!!

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Vakal posted:

They should have just made a Roller Coaster Tycoon type Silent Hill game.

One half management sim of a sleepy tourist park, other half punishing the tormented lost souls.

Isn't that just roller coaster tycoon?

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Heather is my favorite silent hill protagonist. She has a lot of personality.

Tellaris
Dec 23, 2005

Cat On Rope Entertainment: Random comments since 2004

Would a silent hill battle Royale be like 60 demons landing in silent hill vying to see who gets to spook the protagonist real good.

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
I swear I saw a Silent Hill multiplayer trailer many, many years ago on Metacafe. It was a co-op survival type game where mirrors played a big role in gameplay, like they transported you between the hell dimension and normal Silent Hill

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
I haven't enjoyed a video game since 2011

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

what about volcanoes

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

STABASS posted:

I haven't enjoyed a video game since 2011

what game did you play in 2011

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Extra row of tits posted:

Volcanoes are pretty loud

Hush up pimple tits. :colbert:

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Extra row of tits posted:

I expect this to go as well as the relaunch of every other "product of their time" products.

Like cod:mw 2019?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Hot Dog Toaster Tycoon
Virtually cook up some dogs and sling them for customers. How many dogs can YOU make??

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

I'm onboard for the auto repair shop dlc

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

Big Beef City posted:

Hot Dog Toaster Tycoon
Virtually cook up some dogs and sling them for customers. How many dogs can YOU make??

Is it set in Silent Hill? I'll become your first patreon if so.

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
Hotdogs? They look like hotdogs to you??

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe

Gentle Autist posted:

what game did you play in 2011

vampire the masquerade bloddlnies

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
Team Silent(makers of SH 1-4) was an interesting group because it was comprised of developers that failed on other projects and were slated to leave/get fired so SH was their swan song. Their inspirations were eclectic and dark, from David Lynch to Rembrandt, from Jungian psychoanalytic theory to the occult and alchemy. The games had horror infused with subtext and it was eye opening to see that style executed with no regard for placating and handholding the player. Knowing the tendency for modern horror games to be jump scare filled schlock made for expressive streamers, I don’t think we’re going to get a slow-burn psychological horror in the same vein as SH 1-3(and parts of 4).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

The Alchemist posted:

Is it set in Silent Hill? I'll become your first patreon if so.

somebody find soundmonkey and noni