Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
8 was possibly the funniest episode yet.

I died at the Venezuelans and Nagomi actually believing those two weren't dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
This is the beginning of the "everyone realizes Nagomi is correct" and the old ways die off arc, hopefully she lives through it.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

God drat the Manager is the worst girl. I love how terrible she was at the funeral.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Watched this series over several days. I expected black comedy gang wars and got psychological horror about a teenage girl trapping herself in a cycle of bloodshed and trauma. At least nobody died in this most recent episode.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
I love you Nagomi

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
The loving Venezuelans. How is this show so good? It's super unfortunate it has to come out with all these other super popular shows airing at the same time.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/akbmaidwar/status/1595807700428152834

They got actual Venezuelans from the embassy to voice the trio.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Ibblebibble posted:

Holy poo poo LOL

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Ibblebibble posted:

https://twitter.com/akbmaidwar/status/1595807700428152834

lol that owns. the 3 dancing venezuelan guys are so cool

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
think my favorite moment was ranko bowing and taking off her helmet before she stepped up to the plate. she is the goat

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Definitely think we're moving into a 'Nagomi saves Ranko' arc. She's coming into her own, while Ranko is in the process of being trapped by her past.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Ugaki and the mascot getting brutally shanked and Weekend at Freddies'd purely out of sense of fair play was amazing.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
This also gives our pigsty their first real set of allies within Creatureland, which is surely going to be important in the near future.

derra
Dec 29, 2012
Nagomi worked real hard for her W, felt well earned.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Huh, minor character, but a surprising death to happen this early. The law of the jungle is unforgiving indeed.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Darth Walrus posted:

Huh, minor character, but a surprising death to happen this early. The law of the jungle is unforgiving indeed.

Eh, gently caress him. Out of all the deaths so far, he deserved it the most.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
holy poo poo this show

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Rudoku posted:

Eh, gently caress him. Out of all the deaths so far, he deserved it the most.

He did, but I'd expect him to at least lest long enough to be a miniboss for our girls to take down.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
LOL @ the maid culture history lesson at the start of the episode

Also it seems kind've obvious that the customer who stans Ranko is the Panda mascot guy but I guess we'll have to wait and see

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

This show is so good

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I think that episode finally bumped the show up from "undecided" to "good" for me. I do like how the creators really come across as having fun with the story.

The one thing that continuously shocks me is how absurdly capable Yumechi and Shiipon are outside the generic maid stuff. Like, they always could've made it to the top of the food chain even before Ranko, Zoya, and Nagomi showed up, but were always too apathetic or willing to pass on the opportunity to do something about it.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I was rapidly switching between :woop: and :ohdear: during the climax of the episode.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
This is the stupidest show I have ever watched. I love it so much.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

totally expected a sniper to take out nagomi at the top of the maid, or shoot her on stage or something. didn't expect what we got!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The event being out in public probably helped. Need to keep up appearances (next week poo poo will hit the fan)

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Miss Nagi sure is having a happig time.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

My only thought for this show, and this episode specifically is that I've heard the words Moe Moe Kyun Kyun so often they've lost all meaning.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Your mistake is thinking that had any meaning to begin with.

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

AlternateNu posted:

Your mistake is thinking that had any meaning to begin with.

wrong! feel the moe moe kyun!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Big Leg posted:

wrong! feel the moe moe kyun!

It is a killing word, but can it also be a healing word??

https://i.imgur.com/zQ1dimT.gifv

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Fereydun posted:

i got convinced to watch an episode of this and ended up goin' through all the available episodes because holy moly what a show
maid cafe stuff extremely isn't to my taste but somehow i just don't get tired of the punchline being brutal murder
Black Lagoon, but the Lagoon Company is a maid cafe

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

It is a killing word, but can it also be a healing word??

https://i.imgur.com/zQ1dimT.gifv

"Nagomi no longer needs the Weirdpig Module..."

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
i, too, am a big simp for that mean lion lady. rip to the rest of her fan club.

derra
Dec 29, 2012
This season I got my wife to watch a Gundam series by dressing it in boarding school drama and a yakuza series by being ... whatever the hell this is. Season of the gods.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Nagomi rising like a dragon pig to become recognized as top maid was honestly a profoundly entertaining moment

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Carlosologist posted:

Nagomi rising like a dragon pig to become recognized as top maid was honestly a profoundly entertaining moment
onee-sama!

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

PV for 10 is up
https://youtu.be/vDUPlzRhjVA
Ranko date Ranko date Ranko date :woop:

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Zeruel posted:

Ranko date Ranko date Ranko date :woop:
preemptive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpKc8N3FJsQ

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

caught up with the last two eps and this show continues to kick an extreme amount of rear end, it goes in a radically different direction per ep but still manages to have a coherent storyline thru all the antics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001
just watched the latest ep, I can't believe how good this show keeps getting

Ranko owns