Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

topside1246
Apr 9, 2019

Yes. I am going to come out and say it. I find the cute cat game Stray to be incredibly boring. I mean no offense to anyone who actually enjoys it, much as a I cannot understand such a thing, but yeah no I cannot get into it myself. I found it so incredibly linear and trite that I couldn't finish it, or achieve a playtime of longer than 50 minutes before just uninstalling and being done with it. And the story is another failed aesop on environmentalism and technology that we saw in James Cameron's Avatar.
Yet for some loving reason beyond my understanding, it has an "Overwhelmingly Positive" review score on Steam.

And before anyone wants to get smart, no I cannot refund it, as it is well beyond the 48 hour period in which I could after purchase. So I WISH I could get my money back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Actually op it's good

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

it's a 2 week and under 2 hour window for steam not 48 hours

Flimf
Sep 3, 2006

It sure looked pretty boring from what I saw, but a lot of people seem to like it OP. Not sure why this needed it's own thread. :confused:

If I wanted to run around in post-apocalyptic urban game setting as a cute little animal while a dumb robot tried telling me what to do, I would simply play Rain World. Again.
Hopefully that new DLC comes out soon.

topside1246
Apr 9, 2019

Cowman posted:

it's a 2 week and under 2 hour window for steam not 48 hours

Ah. I was informed that it was 48 hours. Thank you for correcting such.

However, it is still outside that timeframe, so the point is moot.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
I thought it was OK. Nothing spectacular but fun enough.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

topside1246 posted:

Ah. I was informed that it was 48 hours. Thank you for correcting such.

However, it is still outside that timeframe, so the point is moot.

I believe that's for Auto-Refunds, someone has to look at it at this point. Just tell them that Cats Are Stupid in your reason for refund.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
so basically you're making this thread for the specific purpose of dunking on the game, and not even in an interesting way

Popete posted:

Actually op it's good

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

There's an environmentalism message?

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Stray was cool in the parts where you could be a jerk cat

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i haven't played it but making a thread specifically to say it sucks is really funny, so i assume the OP is right.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
I feel the same way about Alpha Protocol op.

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013
Most games are bad and 1998 was the last decent vidya game year

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
It's pawsatively inpurriating, OP.

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

Yeah it was aight. If someone just loving loved cats I could see it being especially charming, but aside from the novelty of doing cat things sometimes, it doesn't do anything especially cool with its direction. Kind of had "tech demo" energy.

It is pretty though.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
You have cat to be kitten me right meow

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

op it looked really boring to me from the outset. like from the description and screenshots and footage. but then I tend to be a good judge of whether or not i'll like a game. hope this helps!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

50 minutes of chill cat exploration was so painful it led to an instant uninstall and left you so frustrated you needed to start a thread wherein one of your chief complaints is an imagined environmentalism message?

This thread is great.

And so is Stray.