Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

some posting tips for twitter posters:
if you like posting about politics go straight to d&d. bye.
never post in cspam
have fun

dude.... dude........
never post in d&d

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

stan = people or things you idolize
ratio = a comparison of your following & follower counts

Not to be pedantic, but for clarification, "stan" basically means "stand up for" as a verb, but as a noun the stan it's the idolizer.
Also, ratio is usually used with a negative connotation because posts with a lot of comments usually means the post is poorly received, so people are "ratioing" it.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

KitConstantine posted:

No, it's from the Eminem song about his fictional stalker who is named Stan. The song is also named Stan

Makes sense, I think we should do this with more names

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Like maybe "we musk about politics on the forums" wherein "musk" refers to someone to professes to have knowledge about something they dont know anything about

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

jesus christ

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Ya but on twitter there's a chance some girl with a hot profile pic will click the heart on one of your jokes

like my new favorite twitter user DJ Strap-on Bimbo
https://twitter.com/notmarcelines absolutely notSAFE FOR WORK

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Can we add a feature to the forums where the grenade next to your name can be changed to a blue checkmark for $20? This is a market just waiting to be tapped.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

The Voice of Labor posted:

pontificating rear end: certified pontificating rear end

the name is for a reason!!

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

If you think they're gonna sell blue checkmarka for $20 Lol

It's gonna be more and more progressively. It will be dependent on company,, person,, status ETC. you are GM and want a checkmark? $100,000 a month.

You are Ariana grande? $20,000 a month.

You are Joe blow op tryna cop an iPad air? $20 a month.

*Elon Musk busts into the thread*

You're hired!

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

The Fattest PI posted:

This was the year I finally decided to finally figure out twitter, because I just don't get it. Do I just comment on random people's posts? Do I insult celebrities or do I argue with the people commenting on their posts??

Now I'll never be twitter famous.

Twitter is a world of cliques, and you would comment on high-profile peoples' posts with jokes, ideally, until you pick up some of their followers.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
This is the only thing I found about Chrome disabling ad-block
https://hypebeast.com/2022/10/google-chrome-manifest-v3-extension-platform-breaks-ad-block-info

"Ad-blockers now utilize Google Chrome’s “webRequest” API to block HTTP requests through the current Manifest V2 extension but the Manifest V3 extension “declarativeNetRequest” utilizes a blocklist of specific URLs. The only problem is the blocklist is limited to just 30,000 URLs, instead of the usual lists of over 300,000 sites."

Seems like a soft-limit, people will always find a way around ads, I dont think it's possible to disable ad-blocking in a PC environment because you can block URLs in the OS.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Blue checkmark scheme is gonna fail since elon made it so uncool to have one

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Happy Landfill posted:

Thinking about finally deactivating mine, too. It just sucks because Twitter was great for following cool artists that didn't also have a Tumblr and being able to see when they updated their shops so I could buy more sweet, sweet enamel pins

You can keep your twitter and absolutely literally nothing will change at all, I promise Elon won’t even notice. So feel free to use it to keep tabs on people since that’s what it’s there for

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
twitter peaked with the "i'm not owned" tweet and has now become its embodiment

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

its still up site still works see:
https://twitter.com/BigGarfFan37

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Saint Isaias Boner do you ever consider becoming one of those posters whom constantly creates impulsive shitpost threads because it mighjt work out