Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

That did not look like roughing the passer to me vs Ole Miss? wtf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

fast cars loose anus posted:

Hot take: Penn State is one bad coach from falling off hard, so they're gonna hold on to Franklin as long as they can. It's fairly remarkable they recovered from the Paterno fallout.

That is a pretty hot take; I don’t see how they’re closer to the precipice than anyone else. I’d have a hard time making the case they’re worse than the third-best job in the Big Ten.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

mst4k posted:

That did not look like roughing the passer to me vs Ole Miss? wtf

I didn’t think it looked like roughing either, but I don’t think that aspect of the call was reviewable.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
well this ain't good!

https://twitter.com/chrissolari/status/1586555203632959489

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Well, here we go maybe. Don’t give up another fake

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

eek

https://twitter.com/mattcharboneau/status/1586555477319614464

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Hot take: Penn State is one bad coach from falling off hard, so they're gonna hold on to Franklin as long as they can. It's fairly remarkable they recovered from the Paterno fallout.

They got through the sanction years as well as anyone could have it's a very resilient program. They're gonna hold on to Franklin for awhile but that;s because he can win 10 games a year and has a huge buyout even if he aint gonna realistically challenge for a title more than once or so a decade

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Yeah this is incredibly lovely
https://twitter.com/mattcharboneau/status/1586555477319614464?s=20&t=oNrgF3J8p-5i4nuaQVU9_Q

efb

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
great fuckin playcalling Ags good job

woo we only lost by 3 look at all the moral victories we're racking up this year with an 8-4 team fortified with the best recruiting class EVER

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

two weeks out of three with a conflict in the tunnel, wonder if these fools will bother to change anything now

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

Imagine what these thimbledick peckerwoods would do to Jimbo if he were black

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

woo we only lost by 3 look at all the moral victories we're racking up this year with an 8-4 team fortified with the best recruiting class EVER

I don’t see what the point in getting mad is

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

broke the 24 barrier mission accomplished :toot:

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

General Dog posted:

I don’t see what the point in getting mad is

if i could help it do you think i would

let me vent

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

4-8 definitely on the table for A&M.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

lol lane

“ran for 390 on a bunch of 5 stars, so that’s pretty good”

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
And furthermore I'm never going to stop posting that stat either

an 8-4 team, the best recruiting class IN HISTORY and the resulting season can currently TOP OUT at 7 wins and it loving absolutely will not do so, and it would be a shock if it ended higher than 4

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Roasted Donut posted:

two weeks out of three with a conflict in the tunnel, wonder if these fools will bother to change anything now

It's physically not possible. There is only one on-field entrance and exit on the stadium.

Maybe you ban Penn State from having PB&J sandwiches next time they're in town?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Sent from my iPad posted:

Imagine what these thimbledick peckerwoods would do to Jimbo if he were black

Let’s be fair, Sumlin got six seasons at A&M and got a number of seasons to reverse what had become a pretty clear decline. The Jimbo contract is what it is, and maybe we really are more racist and reactionary than the median fanbase, but I’m not going to abide revisionist history that Sumlin (who I would note did not exactly cover himself in glory at his subsequent gig) didn’t get a fair shake.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I'm curious what led up to that MSU/Michigan scuffle, because it seems somewhat unlikely to me Michigan State just found a lonely Wolverine and jumped him.

Whatever the reason is it'll be a dumb one, but I would think there must be more of a reason than that?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Grittybeard posted:

I'm curious what led up to that MSU/Michigan scuffle, because it seems somewhat unlikely to me Michigan State just found a lonely Wolverine and jumped him.

Whatever the reason is it'll be a dumb one, but I would think there must be more of a reason than that?

My random guess is that the MSU players went in as a bunch (after the on-field mini-scuffle as Michigan players waved at them), then the Michigan guy came in randomly. The Michigan players were still mostly on the field celebrating in the student section, and this Michigan guy was an injured dude that hasn't played, so he went in alone or something. Add a few mutual woofs and there you go!

Because this is how much the teams like each other:

https://twitter.com/CSayf23/status/1586557970137026560

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

facialimpediment posted:

My random guess is that the MSU players went in as a bunch (after the on-field mini-scuffle as Michigan players waved at them), then the Michigan guy came in randomly. The Michigan players were still mostly on the field celebrating in the student section, and this Michigan guy was an injured dude that hasn't played, so he went in alone or something. Add a few mutual woofs and there you go!

Because this is how much the teams like each other:

https://twitter.com/CSayf23/status/1586557970137026560

Ah I wasn't watching that game, didn't realize they'd had a scrum on the field before that.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

facialimpediment posted:

It's physically not possible. There is only one on-field entrance and exit on the stadium.

Maybe you ban Penn State from having PB&J sandwiches next time they're in town?

you just have to put a minute or two in between teams exiting. it's really not difficult.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Roasted Donut posted:

you just have to put a minute or two in between teams exiting. it's really not difficult.

In this case, there was no post-game interview because on-field there was a clusterfuck. Good luck with that when the coaches/cops are on the field breaking up player fights!

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I'm a little surprised that there weren't two or three incidents a year beforehand.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Roasted Donut posted:

They got through the sanction years as well as anyone could have it's a very resilient program. They're gonna hold on to Franklin for awhile but that;s because he can win 10 games a year and has a huge buyout even if he aint gonna realistically challenge for a title more than once or so a decade

the sanction years shouldn’t be over, it’s absurd PSU is allowed to play.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Waifu Radia posted:

the sanction years shouldn’t be over, it’s absurd PSU is allowed to play.

and yet here they are. welcome to reality!

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
sdsu/fresno seems like the real choice for after dark games. nevada/sjst is close too but i don't trust that as much to be a good game

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

https://twitter.com/isaiahhole/status/1586557278957801473

This is gonna be weird

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Roasted Donut posted:

sdsu/fresno seems like the real choice for after dark games. nevada/sjst is close too but i don't trust that as much to be a good game

UTEP-MTSU

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

drat what channel is that on

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Roasted Donut posted:

drat what channel is that on

ESPN+

So difficult to get, but not as difficult as a given week’s second or third best PAC-12 game

downout
Jul 6, 2009

:wtf: michigan?

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Sash! posted:

I'm a little surprised that there weren't two or three incidents a year beforehand.

Let’s blame the tunnel and not the teams that started both incidents (neither were Michigan). Coaches should have control over their teams.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Full on doing other things now but Stanford finally does a thing about that Terminator dude RB UCLA has that has been killing them and forces a fumble, there are like 6 Stanford guys around the fumble and the RB can't get to it.

They fight each other for the fumble and some UCLA guy comes in and recovers it.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Grittybeard posted:

Full on doing other things now but Stanford finally does a thing about that Terminator dude RB UCLA has that has been killing them and forces a fumble, there are like 6 Stanford guys around the fumble and the RB can't get to it.

They fight each other for the fumble and some UCLA guy comes in and recovers it.

How does Shaw still have a job?

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Yeah I know that factors in but like what is the downside of just trying it next game

It cannot possibly do any WORSE

yea i mean your team is all young guys, why not just simplify and let the insanely talented athletes see what they can do. im sure there will be fuckups but its definitely not gonna be significantly worse than this.

jimbo's just showing his whole rear end by being both unable and unwilling to adapt to his talent and the schematic changes that have gone on over the years

Highbrow Slick
Jul 1, 2007

it is a fool who stays alive - but such fools are we.
SDSU just as guilty as Fresno of demanding their opponent remains in the game at any and all costs

Highbrow Slick
Jul 1, 2007

And now they give it up on 4th! Can’t wait to see how Fresno doesn’t capitalize

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Highbrow Slick
Jul 1, 2007

Fresno throws a pick in the end zone, SDSU goes backwards twice then gives up a strip sack. This game won’t let me rest