Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Let me fill out a paper form or make a phone call and get what I need: Don't make me go online just to apply for a job, apply to a school, get a transcript, schedule an appointment, sign up for insurance, pay a bill, buy the pizza at discount price, etc.

At least McDs in my area have started (probably reluctantly) to offer paper applications again after years and years of telling people, "go online."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Mowing the lawn is relaxing as gently caress

It's really easy to get basic rear end jobs right now, I know too many people who are unemployed mooching off friends and family right now "looking for a good fit". Even if it sucks it's better than putting a large strain on your relationships and your parents/SO's wallet.

The music the kids are listening to these days loving sucks. At least when it comes to my younger cousins. One put on their favorite band when I was taking him and his brother to an appointment and I thought he was loving with me.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

JediTalentAgent posted:

Let me fill out a paper form or make a phone call and get what I need: Don't make me go online just to apply for a job, apply to a school, get a transcript, schedule an appointment, sign up for insurance, pay a bill, buy the pizza at discount price, etc.

At least McDs in my area have started (probably reluctantly) to offer paper applications again after years and years of telling people, "go online."

oh, that reminds me

I am fine doing everything online but I absolutely do not ever want to download an app for every loving business and service I interact with. that is what web browsers are for.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

JediTalentAgent posted:

Jfc no, opposite of this, please gently caress off to another dimension

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp
Actual menus, if it's just QR codes I'll guess what you've got

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Vim Fuego posted:

Actual menus, if it's just QR codes I'll guess what you've got

Good news! You don't need a QR code to enjoy the masterful playing of Ray Manzarek on his Vox Continental organ

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

women shouldnt travel on trains on account of their uteri.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

poverty goat posted:

there's a place and time for regular weed

Yes, regularly!

my boomer adjacent whatever: bad puns

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy
James Bond should only ever be played by a white man.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Things were better when I* was a kid

*I am a straight white male

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

the dirigible is the pinnacle of modern science.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
I have no problems with teaching "The Canon" in school

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

War and Pieces posted:

I was dumped for this

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Sports cars should only come with manual transmissions

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

pablo gbscobar posted:

James Bond should only ever be played by a white man.

MODS?

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer
The doors can suck my dick. Boston is groovy as gently caress.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

War and Pieces posted:

I've never read The Canon is it good

RapturesoftheDeep
Jan 6, 2013
The Doors are good but Creedence is better, they didn't get mixed up in all the drugs and it's something everyone can dig.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

If you are going to make me use a self - checkout don't treat me like a criminal and have someone check my receipt on the way out or randomly send some teenager over to make sure I'm not stealing.

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

sometimes dead is better

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
Steely Dan have a valid claim to be the best band ever. It’s ok to like your steak a little less bloody as you get older. Coffee and beer shouldn’t taste sour/fruity/acidic by default.

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER
Nov 11, 2020

H O R S E - S L A U G H T E R E R
i loving hate touch screens and everything that they've done to the current state of UI design and UI libraries. also the web is hosed now

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

new UIs absolutely suck now.

They are not user friendly and options are hidden down long menus for no reason.

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER posted:

i loving hate touch screens and everything that they've done to the current state of UI design and UI libraries. also the web is hosed now

:respek:

Wrageowrapper
Apr 30, 2009

DRINK! ARSE! FECKIN CHRISTMAS!
Libraries barely have any books in them anymore and that sucks.

Text is better than voice acting in RPGs.

Having worked retail shop lifting can really ruin your day/mood.

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

Lipstick Apathy
The internet was better when I was a kid.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

the holy poopacy posted:

oh, that reminds me

I am fine doing everything online but I absolutely do not ever want to download an app for every loving business and service I interact with. that is what web browsers are for.

God, THIIIIIS.
I loving hate that I can't upload to Imgur on browser mobile while the stupid app is so busted that it freezes me out of uploads 100% of the time. I hate that I can't look at one picture on Pinterest or see one 10 second video on TikTok without dOwNLoAdInG tHe aPP! I don't use these things enough that they need to permanently take up space on my phone, loving hell.

I also hate the UI on about any streaming service that isn't Netflix or Youtube. So many of them make it absolutely grueling to simply rewind/fast-forward that it blows my drat mind. And more than one categorizes different seasons/languages of a show as entirely different search perimeters instead of making them options on a drat drop down menu.

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

Lipstick Apathy

Das Boo posted:

God, THIIIIIS.
I loving hate that I can't upload to Imgur on browser mobile while the stupid app is so busted that it freezes me out of uploads 100% of the time. I hate that I can't look at one picture on Pinterest or see one 10 second video on TikTok without dOwNLoAdInG tHe aPP! I don't use these things enough that they need to permanently take up space on my phone, loving hell.

I also hate the UI on about any streaming service that isn't Netflix or Youtube. So many of them make it absolutely grueling to simply rewind/fast-forward that it blows my drat mind. And more than one categorizes different seasons/languages of a show as entirely different search perimeters instead of making them options on a drat drop down menu.

Sounds like you're primed and ready for Elon Musk's upcoming 'Everything App!'

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
If you're not 15 minutes early then you're late.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

pablo gbscobar posted:

Sounds like you're primed and ready for Elon Musk's upcoming 'Everything App!'

I will bet you real money the UI is absolute rear end and won't let me loving rewind! :byodood:

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
You'll get charged a dollar if you don't rewind your app.

Be kind, rewind!

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

people complaining about apps, the option is to not use them

im sure im missing tons of important things on pintrest, tiktok, and instagram but somehow i still survive

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I usually don't- I don't have Tiktok or Pinterest installed on my phone and I usually just have to tell friends I can't look at their video or have to go find another version of whatever picture I need. It's a mild frustration.

The Imgur one kills me because I have an account, it used to work, now it doesn't on mobile at all. I've been having to use Minimgur for years and that one doesn't do gifs, so if I want to share anything that moves I gotta do it on desktop. I've troubleshot the poo poo out of it and despite it being a common issue, Imgur has never resolved it because they want you to use their broken-rear end app that WON'T loving WORK.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

woah that sounds annoying.. the app works fairly okay for me, but its hard/arcane/impossible to get a .filetype from it which makes it hard to post them here unless your on a pc

it always truncates the file type and uses a different name

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I want to live in a caravan.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I should be able to pay cash. Credit/debit only is bullshit.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

My sister's partner writes cheques. Doesn't trust direct bank transfers. He's only 30 how does he know what a cheque is?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
TV these days is trash.

It always was.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Anime import was a mistake, every nation should be building up its own locally made strategic cache of cartoons for weird perverts

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020

pencilhands posted:

Life was better before smartphones and social media

Is this really an opinion though? There’s literal stacks of evidence that SM is spectacularly bad for youth and should be entirely poo poo canned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Rap is crap
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-riL5A4eiWQ

... with the exception of the album Cocodrillo Turbo by Action Johnson*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmZdwXdYkcs'

.. which must I guess be what you fetuses call 'hiphop' since it doesn't suck the long wet one like rap as I know it. In fact I import-pre-ordered it recently at a premium price and have listened to it a number of times already, and I dunno yet, maybe Action Johnson's other albums are good too (but all other hiphop/rap can eat my entire rear end; as a boomer I don't like to eat rear end but I don't mind having mine eaten... and as a boomer I also get to use semicolons with impunity, suck on that...).

* This proviso is almost certainly not a typical Boomer opinion, though I did hear the album first on the Australian music clips show Rage which is rather like old skool MTV, and both of those would be huge with boomers, I imagine.