Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
It's the most wonderful time of year to clean out the garage and foist your Tacoma water pump gaskets and "Satan for Pres 2024" bumper stickers on unsuspecting goons.

Pay it Forward

Per last year, I included a “Pay it Forward” section in the sign up form. This will work in the following way:

If ya broke, but wanna participate, tick the box. You’ll receive a gift and someone else will take care of your gifting.

If ya feeling flush, tick the box. I’ll assign you two (or more) Santees based on your preferences.

If I have more people willing to donate than people who need it, hijinks will happen. gently caress you, trust me :v:

Important Dates:

Friday, November 4th - REGISTRATION CLOSED.

Sunday, November 6th - All pairings will go out by the end of day.

Sunday, December 4th - Ship-by Date: Ideal ship-by date. PLEASE do everything you can to have your gift on its way on or before this day. International may require earlier shipping.

Sunday, December 18th - Deadbeat Cut Off: If you have not provided proof of shipping by this date, you will be considered a deadbeat and will be banned. No bans for late gifts, simply supply the proof-of-shipping and you’ll be fine

How do I sign up?

1. Please fill out the google form located at the link below. This form will significantly reduce the admin burden on me.

2. Once you have filled out the form, please post in the thread using the following template

I am NOT including a preferred shipping destination this year. I believe we are all smart enough to figure out how to get a gift to someone around the world using local online retail etc. If you are really struggling or have a special request, please include this in the comments section
I am going to RANDOMLY allocate matches this year. You may get last year’s santee. Have fun with it!

FILL THIS OUT FIRST

https://forms.gle/ykGSuGUGWRUibiA19

In order to make it easier to pick gifts that suit your santee, I have created a more comprehensive “template” for people to use. Please copy/paste the following and alter it to suit your needs.

slothrop
My vehicles: 2002 Corolla Hatchback (Beryl) RIP Beryl
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: a 1967 Alfa Romeo
Something small I would really like: your dick, exotic snacks
Hobbies: bad jokes, cooking
Shirt size: no more shirts thank you
Food Allergies: none
Junk/No Junk: NO JUNK
Comments: Love things that are local to your area, food or snack/shot glasses/novelty teaspoons and postcards
A local merchant option: gently caress Uncle Jeff and his Discount Emporium.
Stupid Mazda/Rotary stickers I made on redbubble
Dicks/No Dicks: Inside packaging only thanks
------------------------------------------------------

Comments on the above:

Please don't have unrealistic expectations about what you may receive. This is a nice guide to help your Santa out, not a wedding registration.
Junk is defined as: Tacoma water pump gaskets, other assorted broken automotive ephemera, 16 gearboxes welded into the best sex robot that hillbilly engineering can achieve. You get the idea.
Dicks/No Dicks: Refers to artwork or other gift wrapping of the gift. Consider it a NSFW/Family filter.

Sending your gift

In addition to the template above, you may wish to refer to your Santee’s post history/threads to choose a gift. I have included a list of suggested items in the post below this one if you are struggling for ideas. I am happy to add to this if you have any further suggestions.

Please bear in mind postal systems around the world are overwhelmed due to COVID. Please plan accordingly. One of the best options is the “hybrid” method of buying something for you Santee using a local-to-them online retailer. This is not a necessity, but may be helpful in keeping costs down in terms of shipping as well as getting gifts to Santee’s promptly.

It has been traditional in the past to include a personalised letter with your gift. Please consider sending this as well via snail mail. We’ll all excuse you if it arrives after your gift does. Perhaps include a note with your Online Retail order indicating that a letter is incoming.

Please feel free to be super creative with your letter, or your gift, if you are close enough to your Santee.

Receiving your gift

You may wish to wait until a letter arrives, if your Santa has been able to indicate one is on the way. I understand the holidays are a busy time for us all, but please make an effort post to thank your Santa and give a walkthrough of your lovely gift.

Sorry for the big wall of text! I’d just like to make this a great AI:SS and bring a little joy into the lives of the wonderful folks here in AI.

IMPORTANT INFO

Proof of shipment rule

-No proof and your santee doesn't get a package? You're a deadbeat. When you ship your gift, you must provide proof of shipment. slothrop.ai@gmail.com with the username of the person you're buying for and the tracking information. If anything goes pear shaped, at least we can figure out where. If you live near your santee and want to drop it off yourself, email me and tell me that you did.

-You must provide proof of shipment before the deadline. Please put the tracking number in your email. If you do not have a tracking number, you must EMAIL me a photo/scan of the shipping receipt.

- If you hit any speed bumps, have any questions, or need anything at all you can email or PM me.

Accepted types of proof
- Tracking number from UPS, Fedex, USPS, Canada Post, whatever
- Photo or scanned image of your shipping receipt with your username written on it. Most receipts have the zip code of the recipient, so this is how I will check these.

Gift cost

-If your santee is open to receiving junk, please exclude the cost of any junk from your budget
-Try and keep your gifts in the $20-40 range. Make sure you account for shipping costs. If you can't afford a gift plus shipping, please don't register.
- Please do not spend stupid amounts of money on gifts for someone on the internet. Unless you're incredibly wealthy, have some sort of personal relationship with them, or it's loving hilarious and fills you with joy to send
- If you will be moving or traveling a lot during a gift time, please say so in your email and/or post so that I/your santa knows when and where is the best time to send your gift.

If you have ANY questions, concerns or anything you need at all. Please PM or email me!
Donations of empathy, the spirit of forgiveness or the milk of human kindness for facilitating AISS are welcome!

AI:SS EMAIL = slothrop.ai@gmail.com

slothrop fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Nov 17, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Ground Floor.

Bajaha
My vehicles: '15 Cayenne Diesel, '08 Boxster
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: Small magnetic worklight
Something small I would really like: snacks, 10mm sockets, stickers!
Hobbies: landscaping, homebuilding, child-raising
Shirt size: no more shirts thank you very much
Junk/No Junk: J-J-J-JUNK!
Comments: Novelties, anything interesting for a toddler, automotive themed toys / trinkets / etc appropriate-ish for sub-2 year old.
A local merchant option: gently caress Uncle Jeff and his Discount Emporium. https://www.exchangedistrict.org/ - I'm cool with doing pickup if it makes figuring out shipping easier.
Dicks/No Dicks: No dicks, don't need to purposefully traumatize my toddler.

This year, I would love if my gift can be centered around my daughter instead of me, as mentioned she's sub-2 years old and is currently running around being a little troublemaker. I'm making a conscious effort to hopefully spark an interest in all things automotive so automotive themed childrens books, cool plushies, gearhead toys, or anything child appropriate would be very welcome.

Bajaha fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Nov 4, 2022

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
posting to find my userID

ok, donezo

Raluek
My vehicles: 1960 F100, 1968 Javelin (daily), 1969 Chevelle (project), 2015 CB300F
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: idk, i use 3/8 drive standard sockets for most stuff
Something small I would really like: something tasty? i got a heck of a sweet tooth, but don't let that limit your options
Hobbies: cars, electronics, old computers
Shirt size: usually L
Junk/No Junk: hell yes junk me UP if ya got some
Comments: Love interesting old stuff, tools, anything weird and unfamiliar
A local merchant option: gently caress Uncle Jeff and his Discount Emporium, but do what makes sense for you
Dicks/No Dicks: dick me up, babe

Raluek fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Oct 28, 2022

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
In like Flynn. I'll post details later. Glad to see pay it forward back.

One thing to note: PirateShip is very real and a great way to ship stuff. They regularly beat my commercial rates.

SharkyTM
My vehicles: 2015 GMC 2500HD, 2019 Mazda CX-5
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: Hemostats? Self-closing tweezers?
Something small I would really like: Exotic non-candy snacks to feed baby shark, coffee
Hobbies: cooking, shooting, dad-ing
Shirt size: no more shirts thank you, but baby shark wears 18-24 month stuff right now. He's tall and lean. Hand me downs are 100% A-OK if you've got kids or have a thrift store nearby.
Food Allergies: fin fish
Junk/No Junk: JUNK me bro, I'll junk you back
Comments: I'm into cameras, ocean stuff, and a wide assortment of other poo poo. Most of my focus is on my son these days. He likes... mostly everything. A kid-friendly flashlight would be great (rubber overmolded, not too bright, takes rechargeables or an 18650, etc).
A local merchant option: gently caress Uncle Jeff and his penis rocket. Speedwell Coffee is a solid local bet. We like lighter roasts.
Dicks/No Dicks: Inside packaging only thanks, my mail person already thinks I'm strange enough.

sharkytm fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Nov 1, 2022

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Imperador do Brasil

My vehicles: 1994 Del Sol, 2000 Civic Si, 2002 Civic Si, 2001 S2000, 2015 Fit, 2007 Volvo S60R
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: Nothing in particular
Something small I would really like: Hot Wheels, weird candy I suppose.
Hobbies: Cars and guns. My teenagers love music and video games.
Shirt size: Large
Junk/No Junk: Sure why the hell not?
Comments: Don't go crazy with trying to pick stuff for me. Whatever you got is fine - I just wanted to participate. Go weird if you want.
A local merchant option: :shrug:
Dicks/No Dicks: Go hog wild. I have teenaged boys, we all find it hilarious.

Imperador do Brasil fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Oct 28, 2022

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Already got my gift to StormDrain picked out. Shall I just save you the trouble slothrop and get it shipped now?

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Mustache Ride
My vehicles: 2018 Jaaaag XF S Sportbrake, 1976 IHC Scout Traveler, 2020 Jeep Compass
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: not sure? Giant pry bar?
Something small I would really like: zip ties
Hobbies: home renovations, ttrpgs, books, dogs
Junk/No Junk: I love junk
Comments: I'm renovating my kitchen this holiday season, please send me delicious snacks since I won't be able to cook :smithicide:
A local merchant option: gently caress Uncle Jeff and his Discount Emporium. There's plenty of small stores in Austin that deliver
Dicks/No Dicks: surprise me

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

toplitzin
My vehicles: 2016 Mustang GT, 2014 Camry, 2012 Outback Sport, 2002 WRX, 2000 LX 470
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: A hand plane, more funnels, helping hands for soldering?
Something small I would really like: Hot Wheels, weird candy I suppose, local treats/snacks/tchotchkes.
Hobbies: Cooking, cars, guns, videogames, collecting vinyl, kites, woodworking.
Shirt size: 3x
Junk/No Junk: Is it junk, for my trunk?
Comments: I'm happy with whatever. If you're a beer sending goon, please nothing hoppier than a Saison.
A local merchant option: ahahahahaha, there's not much in northern MI, but you're welcome to look around for something anywhere north and west of Gaylord.
Dicks/No Dicks: Do you know my friend in Rome? His name is Biggus Dickus.

Edit: PirateShip is the way.

toplitzin fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Nov 2, 2022

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Motronic

My vehicles: 1985.5 Porsche 944, 2004 Porsche Cayenne Turbo, 1998 Land Rover Discovery
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: Magnetic led flashlights of all shapes and kinds are my new favorite thing for working on cars.
Something small I would really like: local snacks rule
Hobbies: Wrenching, building/repairing electronics, adult add
Shirt size: L
Junk/No Junk: AISS junk is the best
Comments: Always love getting little stuff from where my santees live. I've had some real winners in past years, from stickers and pictures to a bottle of screech I'm still afraid to drink.
A local merchant option: There is nothing interesting here like that, but also: gently caress Uncle Jeff and his Discount Emporium.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
The Spyder

My vehicles: 1994 Rx-7, 2000 F250
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: Streamlight micro stream led flashlight. I've already lost mine from last Black Friday.
Something small I would really like: local snacks rule. Brewery/beer coasters from your local pub.
Hobbies: All of them. No seriously. I have to many. Help meeeeee.
Shirt size: XL
Junk/No Junk: Spicy junk
Comments: Have a small local-to-you business you want to support? Do it! I'll take anything***! I'm still in the "hanging stuff on my shop walls" phase, so cool car memorabilia?
A local merchant option: Anything inside the greater PDX (Oregon) area is fair game.

Disclaimer: No one has wanted dicks the last two years, so fair warning I have a backlog to include if you select dicks.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

the spyder posted:

The Spyder

My vehicles: 1994 Rx-7, 2000 F250
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: Streamlight micro stream led flashlight. I've already lost mine from last Black Friday.
Something small I would really like: local snacks rule. Brewery/beer coasters from your local pub.
Hobbies: All of them. No seriously. I have to many. Help meeeeee.
Junk/No Junk: Spicy junk
Comments: Have a small local-to-you business you want to support? Do it! I'll take anything***! I'm still in the "hanging stuff on my shop walls" phase, so cool car memorabilia?
A local merchant option: Anything inside the greater PDX (Oregon) area is fair game.

Disclaimer: No one has wanted dicks the last two years, so fair warning I have a backlog to include if you select dicks.

Dick and whiskey in a cage? oh my.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

toplitzin posted:

Dick and whiskey in a cage? oh my.

Please, someone select dicks so I can do this.
There may be some... slag burns on the included dick.

Advent Horizon
Jan 17, 2003

I’m back, and for that I am sorry

Advent Horizon

My vehicles: Multiple old Land Cruisers, at least one of which usually runs, 2013 Nissan Leaf, 1993 Mazda pickup, 1976 Yamaha Enduro
Tools I want/use a lot: I need to get assemble a tool/emergency kit for the FJ62; the only items I have right now that are dedicated to that vehicle are wheel chocks, a 3/8 socket+ratchet set, and a fire extinguisher. An item or two for that would be awesome, especially if it’s something I might not have thought of.
Hobbies: Ooh, a squirrel!
Shirt size: M
Food Allergies: None, though I’m not a big fan of bell peppers or tomatoes.
Junk/No Junk: I am junk, you won’t scare me.
Comments: If you’re in the USA, USPS Flat Rate boxes cost the same to ship here as anywhere else. Just an FYI. Also nobody likes shipping batteries here so those are probably best left out.
A local merchant option: I can’t think of any with online ordering. Be aware that there are no roads in or out so ‘the next town over’ is not a quick jaunt.
Dicks/No Dicks: I’m more of a boob man, personally, but I’m not picky.

Here’s my project thread if you need any ideas: No More Projects!

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

meatpimp
My vehicles: 2015 Acura RDX, 2006 VW Passat, 2005 Cadillac Escalade
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: My M12 Fuel Surge Impact Driver
Something small I would really like: a little bit of peace
Hobbies: procrastination, making bad decisions, workshop / garage stuff
Junk/No Junk: Junk are local to your area, food or snack/shot glasses/novelty teaspoons and postcards
A local merchant option: donations to I Support the Girls -- Columbus branch
Dicks/No Dicks: I'm fine with dicks.

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

babyeatingpsychopath
My vehicles: 2006 Mercury Grand Marquis, 2006 Ford Escape, 1976 Honda Goldwing
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: aluminum magnet. Circular level.
Something small I would really like: BLINKING LIGHTS
Hobbies: brewing. cats.
Junk: JUNK
Comments: It cannot get too weird.
A local merchant option: Microbreweries deliver in NC. There are a LOT of them here. gently caress Uncle Jeff and his Discount Emporium.
Dicks! My postal carrier has come to expect, perhaps cherish, this time of year.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Mustache Ride posted:

Already got my gift to StormDrain picked out. Shall I just save you the trouble slothrop and get it shipped now?

isnt that a 63 :confused:

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

NitroSpazzz
My vehicles: 2006 Cayman S, 1998 Caterham, vintage euro garbage
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: good headlamp, more 10mm sockets
Something small I would really like: snacks, hotwheels and broken stuff to decorate the garage
Hobbies: video games, eating snacks, driving my cars, dogs
Shirt size: S
Junk/No Junk: ALL THE JUNK
Comments: Love things that are local to your area, food or snacks, booze
A local merchant option: gently caress Uncle Jeff and his Discount Emporium. Shop small local to you please if possible

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
The Door Frame

My vehicles: 06 Scion xA
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: Metric drill bits
Something small I would really like: Anything! I have trouble deciding what I want sometimes
Hobbies: Cooking, smoking meats, 3D printing, video games, tinkering, most things
Food Allergies: Fish/shellfish. I also can't eat most people food, but if you want to include snacks I love weird sweets
Junk/No Junk: ENDLESS TRASH
Comments: I love surprises and I'm very easy to please; chotkies, cotton candy, wall art, whatever it is, I want it
A local merchant option: gently caress Uncle Jeff and his Discount Emporium. Something from a small business that is local to you
Dicks/No Dicks: I keep asking for dicks and no one has sent me one, give me those dicks!

The Door Frame fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Nov 13, 2022

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

Big Taint
My vehicles: '21 Sprinter, '02 M5, '01 740il, '74 GTV, '69 MB 250
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: impulse control
Something small I would really like: stickers, candy
Hobbies: sailing boats, shitbox cars
Shirt size: large
Food Allergies: NO COCONUT
Junk/No Junk: all the junk
Comments: Certified Sticker Slut
A local merchant option: :jerry: I try not to leave the house much
Dicks/No Dicks: subtle, tasteful dicks welcome

edit: I agree, PirateShip is great

Big Taint fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Oct 29, 2022

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

McTinkerson
My vehicles: 2006 Mazda RX-8, 2015 Ford Lobo, 2017 Porsche 'Martini' Macan, 2019 KTM Duke 390
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: Focus
Something small I would really like: Local automotive historical memorabilia, exotic (local?) sweets, stickers for the truck tailgate
Hobbies: apart from the obvious wankel shenanigans, I put my 3d printer to use for RC cars and firearms accessories, slowly getting into vacuum tube amps
Shirt size: I have enough shirts but other forms are clothing are always welcome
Junk/No Junk: Gimme all the junk
Comments: The weirder the better.
A local merchant option: gently caress Uncle Jeff and his Discount Emporium. KMS Tools always has interesting things. There's also always Princess Auto (All hail Power Fist).
Dicks/No Dicks:Make the mail carrier uncomfortable.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Big Taint posted:

The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: impulse control

McTinkerson posted:

The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: Focus

I didn't even know these were options

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

This is a reminder that it is generally frowned upon to ship Ritalin as a gift.

Maybe don't traffic in controlled substances for AI:SS.

Edit: Not directed at anyone, just a general statement.

McTinkerson fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Oct 30, 2022

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

McTinkerson posted:

This is a reminder that it is generally frowned upon to ship Ritalin as a gift.

Maybe don't traffic in controlled substances for AI:SS.

Edit: Not directed at anyone, just a general statement.

This is a valid statement to make. I initially wanted to make a dumb, "give some of my adderall" joke, but figured that it would be in bad taste

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Elviscat

[B[My vehicles[/b]: 1967 Mustang, 2007 Yamaha FZ-6, 2017 Nissan Leaf, 2018 Husqvarna FE250, 2022 Chevrolet Bolt.
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: I could use some good, or lovely pliers or screwdrivers.
Something small I would really like: Dicks, mostly.
Hobbies: motorcycles, hiking, backpacking.
Junk/No Junk: Sure.
Comments: If you have some sort of local alcoholic beverage, that's always fun.
A local merchant option: anything in the Seattle Metro
Dicks/No Dicks: Go hog wild.

Hey Slothrop, I don't really have access to a computer that's not my work computer, so it's hell to find my user ID, how big a deal is that?

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
builds character

My vehicles: 05 sprinter 3500, 10 CRV, 22 XC60, 21 KTM 250 2t, 15 yamaha ttr 125, 12 Kawasaki KLX 110, 80 Yamaha XS400.
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: picks, anything to help take off hoses
Something small I would really like: something decorative for the van
Hobbies: motorcycles, surfing, hiking, soccer
Shirt size: straddling that L/XL line depending on if it’s American Big Dog sizing or slender euro sizing
Junk/No Junk: only if it fits in a NYC apartment
Comments: use your best judgment. I trust you.
A local merchant option: anything in NYC
Dicks/No Dicks: only if they’re funny

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Elviscat posted:

Elviscat

[B[My vehicles[/b]: 1967 Mustang, 2007 Yamaha FZ-6, 2017 Nissan Leaf, 2018 Husqvarna FE250, 2022 Chevrolet Bolt.
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: I could use some good, or lovely pliers or screwdrivers.
Something small I would really like: Dicks, mostly.
Hobbies: motorcycles, hiking, backpacking.
Junk/No Junk: Sure.
Comments: If you have some sort of local alcoholic beverage, that's always fun.
A local merchant option: anything in the Seattle Metro
Dicks/No Dicks: Go hog wild.

Hey Slothrop, I don't really have access to a computer that's not my work computer, so it's hell to find my user ID, how big a deal is that?

It’s 129933

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
InitialDave

My vehicles: '09 RenaultSport Twingo, '98 Daihatsu Cuore Avanzato, E30 Touring, '82 Porsche 924, Series Land Rovers, classic Fiat Panda 4x4s, Suzuki Cappuccinos, '58 Standard Pennant, 70s Honda Elsinore
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: Hmm, I don't specifically need anything I can think of right now, but any interesting speciality tools for tricky jobs are always good
Something small I would really like: Souvenir/unique stuff from your local area, Mack truck bulldog paraphernalia is also fun
Hobbies: TBH keeping it automotive related is probably easiest
Shirt size: No shirts, thanks
Junk/No Junk: I have plenty, but will take more!
Comments: Usual "nothing legally troublesome for the UK" rule in effect, pelase.
A local merchant option: If you're buying from abroad, there should be plenty of online options, completely understand people not wanting to use Amazon, but I don't mind if that's the most pragmatic option for you.
Dicks/No Dicks: Inside only, for comedy purposes

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

Elviscat posted:

It’s fine, I recognise your username. It’s mostly to stop randoms

big dong wanter
Jan 28, 2010

The future for this country is roads, freeways and highways

To the dangerzone
Big Dong Wanter
My vehicles: 2006 Holden Commodore SS
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: something for paint-unfuckening
Something small I would really like: Stickers (something to put on my brothers tesla to irritate him because he did that to my car when he borrowed it) something neato for my keychain
Hobbies: crying and drinking beer
Shirt size: 2xl-3xl depending on bigness
Junk/No Junk: wall mountable junk is perfect otherwise no junk pls
Comments: im fairly flexible with gifts but anything weird from your area would be perfect
Dicks/No Dicks: Inside packaging only and maximum dicks pls

blindjoe
Jan 10, 2001
blindjoe

My vehicles: 1977 Celica, Nissan Leaf, Pacifica Hybrid, Honda CB500F and XR200R, weird fiberglass trailer
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: phillips/flat screwdrivers for the house, those things are always getting lost
Something small I would really like: Flashlights
Hobbies: Kayaking/Paddling, kids do all kinds of small boy things
Shirt size: Large
Food Allergies: Milk/Potato
Junk/No Junk: junk
Comments: Have 6/8 yr old boys so haven't been able to do much car things for a while. I have lots of stuff to send though
A local merchant option: In Victoria, BC, Canada, somewhere there I guess
Dicks/No Dicks: No Dicks

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Whoops nearly missed this

My vehicles: 2019 Honda Civic, 2005 Mini
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: A time machine
Something small I would really like: Stuff that I can pop on a shelf or fidget with
Hobbies: Brewing, gaming, reading, other goony stuff
Junk/No Junk: Junk!
Comments: Love things that are local to your area, food or snack/shot glasses/novelty teaspoons and postcards <- This but also local snacks are cool too
A local merchant option: The usual amazon/ebay etc all works

I've also an almost 2 year old who is obessed with anything with wheels as they go roundandroundandroundandroundandround

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
gnarlycharlie4u
My vehicles: 2019 F150, 2017 Rav4, buncha Honda motorcycles
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: the one I realize I don't have when I need it.
Something small I would really like: Hotwheels / Matchbox cars / Legos seem to be a real hit in this house.
Hobbies: Cooking, keyboards (the computer kind), instruments (the musical kind), probably other stuff but that's all my goldfish brain can muster right now.
Shirt size: Medium
Junk/No Junk: Junk is fine
Comments: Local stuff is cool. Coffee cup from your local greasy spoon, postcards, manhole covers
A local merchant option: Bakeshop. https://www.toasttab.com/bakeshop-arlington/giftcards

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Safety Dance
My vehicles: 2017 Subaru Outback
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: Cordless ratchet in blue (18v) or red (12v)
Something small I would really like: snax, failed 3D prints, little electronics kits, any toys you think a 1 year old baby might enjoy
Hobbies: photography, sailing, building stuff
Junk/No Junk: YES JUNK SIL VOUS PLAIT
Comments: Love things that are local to your area or whatever you're interested in
A local merchant option: Seattle Sailing Club Store, REI, Backcountry, Kavu
Dicks/No Dicks: a light dicking is acceptable

Oddhair
Mar 21, 2004

oddhair
My vehicles: 2016 VW GTI, may (probably will) have an E46 330i soon (to scratch the RWD inline 6 manual itch for low $$)
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: probably a Wera 10mm ratcheting wrench <---- this thing is too much for Secret Santa, it's the only single tool I can think of since I have scads of tools, though,
Something small I would really like: hot sauce (nothing crazy), gardening stuff, cooking stuff
Hobbies: bad jokes, cooking, cigars occasionally, beer
Shirt size: 2XL
Junk/No Junk: JUNK is fine
Comments: things that are local to your area, pint glasses, stickers! can't believe I left that off
A local merchant option: Spec's is the good local liquor place, still the Wal-Mart of liquor. I will accept anything, naturally, just having trouble coming up with anything giftable that's from Houston that isn't also hot sauce.

Oddhair fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Nov 15, 2022

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

My vehicles: 2018 GMC Canyon diesel, 2002 Jeep Wrangler, 1972 Opel GT, 1970 GMC C10
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: There's never enough zipties or flush cutters
Something small I would really like: Stickers/magnets are particularly neat
Hobbies: Cars, computering, and house/yard fuckery
Shirt size: 2XLT but since nobody seems to want to actually sell 2XLT, probably best to skip
Junk/No Junk: Give me your junk
Comments: Also have a now-10-year-old who has been enjoying a great many of the gifts. Regional/local snacks and food have been big hits with the family every year.
A local merchant option: Nothing that's gonna fit in the budgetary requirements for a remote buyer, so Uncle Jeff's Discount Bin or whatever
Dicks/No Dicks: No dicks please

IOwnCalculus fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Nov 1, 2022

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
Bulk Vanderhuge
My vehicles: 1990 Miata, 1980 Austin Mini, 2013 Fit, 2018 CX-5
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: I'm pretty good right now, maybe something obscure or home renovation related?
Something small I would really like: Snacks, stickers, magnets, keychains, Hot Wheels
Hobbies: Cooking, baking, woodworking, renovations, video games, cats, music, shitboxes
Shirt size: Small/Medium
Food Allergies: None
Junk/No Junk: Rad junk welcome
Comments: There's a Tiny Vanderhuge now, something toddler appropriate would be welcome
A local merchant option: Whatever's easiest, Amazon/Ebay/etc, there are lots of cool local businesses too. Failing that Princess Auto :canada:
Dicks/No Dicks: Minimal dicks please

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Honda Whisperer
My vehicles: 2017 Subaru BRZ, 2007 Honda Accord, 1990 Honda Civic
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: Pretty good on tools but I like fabrication and wiring.
Something small I would really like: Local snacks or widgets, hotwheels are always great.
Hobbies: cars, cooking, homebrew, reading, videogames.
Shirt size: No more shirts thank you. Hats are cool though.
Junk/No Junk: JUNK!
Comments: Local stuff is cool, a book you love or anything you'd hang on the wall of a garage.
A local merchant option: I don't really know. I won't be offended by an amazon drop ship but he does suck.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
CornHolio
My vehicles: 2016 Dodge Challenger R/T; 2022 VolKswagen GTI; 1986 Porsche 944 N/A; 1997 Volvo 850; 2000 Jeep Cherokee; 2000 Mazda B2500
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: I inherited a bunch of hand tools and stuff but as an engineer I could use engineering-related tools. Interpret that however you wish.
Something small I would really like: I like to put magnets on my toolbox.
Hobbies: books, death metal
Junk/No Junk: cool junk only
Comments: I've been too busy to really work on cars lately
A local merchant option: whatever works
Dicks/No Dicks: I like my dicks on the inside if you know what I mean

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Vincent Van Goatse
My vehicles: 2016 Volvo S60
The tool I most commonly use/wish I had: Leatherman
Something small I would really like: mini whiskey bottles
Hobbies: Trying new Mexican food places in San Diego
Junk/No Junk: Only if it's really cool
Comments: Durrrrrrrrrrr
Dicks/No Dicks: Nah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
Dang, don't know how I missed this this year. If there's still room let me know, but otherwise I'll just wait until next year.