Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Jenny Agutter posted:

The end of chapter 6 is loving insane lmfao

god this game owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i love the demon summoning

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol immediately at the character designs in this game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

drat I missed hanging out in the bar with Rodin...feels good to be back.

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Lol the table cloth pull :hellyeah:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The alien new enemy intro screen is so sick, maybe even better than the bayo2 angel enemies one. The intro+prologue chapter were fine but chapter 1 got me fully fuckin hype. I was sold completely when Gomorrah started waterskiing on four speedboats cackling through that whole section

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I read the title of Chapter 9 and then had to go to work, I just know my fave demon is gonna be in that one lol

Love that there hasn't been a single boss only chapter all the way up to this point in the game, it's awesome

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Lmfao the opium cat

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

In Training posted:

The alien new enemy intro screen is so sick, maybe even better than the bayo2 angel enemies one. The intro+prologue chapter were fine but chapter 1 got me fully fuckin hype. I was sold completely when Gomorrah started waterskiing on four speedboats cackling through that whole section

also this lol I’m having fun

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Got home and did chapter 9, its my favorite so far...so drat sick

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ranking my combat has never gotten on my nerves in these but what really kills me is seeing how many combat encounters I'm missing each chapter. Where are these fights happening? How am I this blind lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I've thoroughly scoured each level looking for collectibles and witch hearts/moon pearls and I've only missed a few verses so far, the optional verses seem way less dumb to trigger than they are in bayo 1 and 2 lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

I've thoroughly scoured each level looking for collectibles and witch hearts/moon pearls and I've only missed a few verses so far, the optional verses seem way less dumb to trigger than they are in bayo 1 and 2 lol

I had 0 regret just looking those up in 2, they were really dumb and running back over the entire map wondering if a new fight had turned up in room 3 back right corner just in case one appeared because I beat up a snake in room 13 was not really how I wanted to play a character action game

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I memorized them all in 2 and I'm glad I won't have to do that again

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Get owned Captain Based.

There are barely any people on the rankings for expert mode lol. hopefully the game did ok

Uncle Frank
May 28, 2021
Finally playing. Bayonetta is based beyond measure.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Evil Eagle posted:

Get owned Captain Based.

There are barely any people on the rankings for expert mode lol. hopefully the game did ok

you have to manually upload scores dont you, i imagine itll always be just the real freaks showing off

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

elf help book posted:

you have to manually upload scores dont you, i imagine itll always be just the real freaks showing off

I suppose so

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

Get owned Captain Based.

Nice

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

lol

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

loving A right man.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Finished my first playthrough. I'll hold off on thoughts until more people are done but I loved it, certain parts of the end sequence blew my mind lol. Can't wait to spend a lot more time with this game.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Evil Eagle posted:

Finished my first playthrough. I'll hold off on thoughts until more people are done but I loved it, certain parts of the end sequence blew my mind lol. Can't wait to spend a lot more time with this game.

Glad to hear that it owns, this is gonna be my next switch game once I finish XBC3.

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

I love playing bayonetta. The new movement mechanics are sick, the dual weapon you get in chapter 9 is incredible and I’m launching dudes and zipping between them with the air dash. wink slave is a goomba stomp every time

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

There are so many god drat weapons lol, I don't even know what to start upgrading

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

on chapter 4. this game is sick. im not sure it tops 2 yet but the demon summoning is such a great addition

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

I do not like the spider demon but the others are great so far

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

"haha wow why are they giving me witch hearts so quick i have so much health"

*unlocks violas skill tree* oh no

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

elf help book posted:

"haha wow why are they giving me witch hearts so quick i have so much health"

*unlocks violas skill tree* oh no

I'm glad she's separate lol, got to max out bayonetta without finding everything

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Evil Eagle posted:

There are so many god drat weapons lol, I don't even know what to start upgrading

These weapons are incredible, I’m not sure any one is as complex as king Cerberus from dmcv but the variety is insane. Just finished chapter 12, another standout climax , and I am laughing like an idiot at the weapon you get after that fight. I think the demon you get from the previous chapter might be the strongest one yet the tower gives you on demand witch time

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

I was skeptical of the demon summons at first because they have smaller movesets but just throwing them in as combo finishers or tossing an instant summon attack into your normal combat doesn’t break the flow at all. most of their animations are incredible, can’t imagine the amount of work that went into them

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

sucking rear end with viola going through the chapters again, the enemies that split when they get hit too much by a demon are a real pain with her

Uncle Frank
May 28, 2021
Please tell me that alternate bayonetta in Japan which you see for like a second is an alternate costume.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

rank 1 on the leaderboards for expert mode after my plat trophy playthrough lol.

Uncle Frank posted:

Please tell me that alternate bayonetta in Japan which you see for like a second is an alternate costume.

yes. and you can probably already buy it

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Finished the game, it kicks rear end. guns and fans were my favorite weapons, madama butterfly best demon

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

rank 1 on the leaderboards for expert mode after my plat trophy playthrough lol.

woah

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Evil Eagle posted:

Nice job EE!

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

Lol wild

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I turned on naive angel mode for shits and giggles and lol at this part of chapter 3

https://twitter.com/dinominal/status/1587910013565403137

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

lol