Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the boss fights against the werewolf are always sick, fun battle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I think you blow the bubbles to get him to stick in place and then get a prompt to slap him. It was not super clear but I somehow got a platinum even though I was just mashing buttons and swaying my cursor everywhere.

On Chapter 11 and it's fully sick, the game is much more fun when you're not fighting the new homunculus enemies who are a bit boring imo. The alfheim at the start of chapter 10 (Witch Time only with Viola) was horrible, I managed to get a silver with Moon and that's all it's getting, I'm not doing it again. Is there any mechanical difference between Viola's parry and the Moon parry? If not I'm just going to keep using the latter and trying to train my muscle memory since I can use it with Bayonetta too

you can do a moon parry without having her sword, im just sticking to moon and going nuts with her moveset which nearly all removes her sword

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

putting the parry and the dash on the same button is a good troll

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I turned off her R x2 gap closer lol, it was not helping

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

I turned off her R x2 gap closer lol, it was not helping

I did this today too lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Switching her controls to... I think D? definitely helped a bit, it changes her block to ZR.

The more I play the more unconvinced I am by her parry playstyle so I mostly just ignore it and go nuts with Chesire

E: using the weapon you unlock after clearing chapter 14 and it rules, so many good weapons in this game... might use this as my ranged option instead of abracadabra

Lunchmeat Larry fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Nov 14, 2022

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

cackling at the boss of chapter 12.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

what a heart wrenching (?) Ending. Definitely not just a bunch of gibberish .

Fun rear end game, the demon summoning is a fun addition and I think the wink slave feel is a much better finisher mechanic than mashing every 5 seconds on climax attacks in the previous games. Gonna come back to this whenever I finish Xbc3 to find all the Frogs and such

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

is the overall playthrough grade just the lowest of the grades you got through all levels and not an average, i forget

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

elf help book posted:

is the overall playthrough grade just the lowest of the grades you got through all levels and not an average, i forget

If it's like 2, its an average that only gets updated when you beat the last chapter again

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

thats goofy but makes sense with what im seeing (silver, im seeing silver and i dont like it)

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

this game rules but holy gently caress the viola witch time only alfhiem was so frustrating.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's a couple witch times I gave up on after like 2 attempts and realizing what the challenge was. Theres one where you like can't touch the floor after the first second that I just don't comprehend

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i gave up for now on the train one driving it in a 3d space i dont get it

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

elf help book posted:

i gave up for now on the train one driving it in a 3d space i dont get it

I eventually watched a video for that one and just sort of spammed making it jump. I don't know why you can make the train jump and can't think of a single other situation where that would be useful or necessary

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

In Training posted:

There's a couple witch times I gave up on after like 2 attempts and realizing what the challenge was. Theres one where you like can't touch the floor after the first second that I just don't comprehend

Lol that one took me so many tries Mario jumping those guys

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

its really easy with the malphas masquerade on the fans.

the train one is annoying as hell though lol

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

In Training posted:

This is the only verse in the game I haven’t completed. I got about half way through when some turd in the mist I could not see hit me. I find a lot of them in the game are “find the single solution to this puzzle” rather than the more skill based ones in the first two games.

Trying to get all plat and I find it is a bit frustrating with off screen damage and how amorphous some enemies look where it’s hard to tell if they are attacking.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

there is a patch that makes a lot of the niflhiem challenges easier out now. Also makes violas witch time easier to activate.

I finished all chapters plat last week and I am done. Great game, a lot of the shortcomings (everything with viola) are mitigated by some great gameplay and QoL improvements and the combat with bayo is a ton of fun.

2>>>>1>3.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

my morning jackass posted:

there is a patch that makes a lot of the niflhiem challenges easier out now. Also makes violas witch time easier to activate.

what the gently caress

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

my morning jackass posted:

I finished all chapters plat last week and I am done. Great game, a lot of the shortcomings (everything with viola) are mitigated by some great gameplay and QoL improvements and the combat with bayo is a ton of fun.

2>>>>1>3.

Patient gamer wins again.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The Viola witch time fixes were definitely needed and she plays much smoother now imo. It doesn't make it too easy or anything, it just makes witch time closer to what it is for the other characters and makes the risk:reward ratio much closer when it wasn't even really worth using before.

Haven't checked the Niflheim challenges because I don't care enough

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

RIP the devs vision.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Evil Eagle posted:

RIP the devs vision.

afaik you still have to spend most of the game zoomed way out hitting amorphous green blob enemies in the ankles.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

afaik you still have to spend most of the game zoomed way out hitting amorphous green blob enemies in the ankles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sounds like my wife.