Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

How is it. I'm jelly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

the copy i ordered in 2018 is in the mail

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol immediately at the character designs in this game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

drat I missed hanging out in the bar with Rodin...feels good to be back.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The alien new enemy intro screen is so sick, maybe even better than the bayo2 angel enemies one. The intro+prologue chapter were fine but chapter 1 got me fully fuckin hype. I was sold completely when Gomorrah started waterskiing on four speedboats cackling through that whole section

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ranking my combat has never gotten on my nerves in these but what really kills me is seeing how many combat encounters I'm missing each chapter. Where are these fights happening? How am I this blind lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

viola is really fun to play as and the weird jeanne level was cool too. i appreciate how varied this game is w/o any of it feeling annoying, so far. just a wicked blend of fun ideas

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

There's a lot more gimmick verses than any other bayo but none of them take up a whole chapter and most of them are actually pretty fun. I can only think of a couple I don't like having to replay

Yeah and from my experience on standard the scoring for those segments seems extremely generous so even if I was a platinum chaser or w/e they probably would be fine on replays.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

do bewitchments do anything at all.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Has anybody ever crafted in these games. I can't even parse the menu even if I wanted to use items

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lmfao at gigaton Bayonetta blowing bubbles at sun wukong clones this game is all over the place

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Skill issue.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The only enemy I haven't liked fighting so far is the first phase of the monkey boss. Unless I just fundamentally misunderstood how that fight was supposed to work it just seemed like a lot of off screen flailing and very few opportunities to actually damage it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I think you blow the bubbles to get him to stick in place and then get a prompt to slap him. It was not super clear but I somehow got a platinum even though I was just mashing buttons and swaying my cursor everywhere.

On Chapter 11 and it's fully sick, the game is much more fun when you're not fighting the new homunculus enemies who are a bit boring imo. The alfheim at the start of chapter 10 (Witch Time only with Viola) was horrible, I managed to get a silver with Moon and that's all it's getting, I'm not doing it again. Is there any mechanical difference between Viola's parry and the Moon parry? If not I'm just going to keep using the latter and trying to train my muscle memory since I can use it with Bayonetta too

I meant before the transformation scene, when you fight him in the square castle floor with lava as it jumps around the walls and like swings huge fists just across the screen.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the boss fights against the werewolf are always sick, fun battle.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

I turned off her R x2 gap closer lol, it was not helping

I did this today too lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

cackling at the boss of chapter 12.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

what a heart wrenching (?) Ending. Definitely not just a bunch of gibberish .

Fun rear end game, the demon summoning is a fun addition and I think the wink slave feel is a much better finisher mechanic than mashing every 5 seconds on climax attacks in the previous games. Gonna come back to this whenever I finish Xbc3 to find all the Frogs and such

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's a couple witch times I gave up on after like 2 attempts and realizing what the challenge was. Theres one where you like can't touch the floor after the first second that I just don't comprehend

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

my morning jackass posted:

there is a patch that makes a lot of the niflhiem challenges easier out now. Also makes violas witch time easier to activate.

I finished all chapters plat last week and I am done. Great game, a lot of the shortcomings (everything with viola) are mitigated by some great gameplay and QoL improvements and the combat with bayo is a ton of fun.

2>>>>1>3.

Patient gamer wins again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sounds like my wife.