Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep

selec posted:

If the US is going to be in charge of an intervention , wouldn’t that mean we need to center voices from both countries?

Excellent question. The answer is "Absolutely loving not." This was a tiresome mindset from the beginning.

In discussions about south korea, the various entanglements of american presence led to people doing much the same thing, overriding many discussions about korea by koreans because "If the US is present in a way which I determine a sufficient degree allows me to make this a discussion about my feelings about what america may or may not do, why should this discussion not mostly be about American agency, not Korean agency?"

It has aged poorly for the expected reasons. Thank you for asking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU