Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

cinci zoo sniper posted:

I think you misunderstand how this works. The point of trying to get an IK for Scandipol was to offer the thread to have a voice in a hypothetical moderation action. As the thread has broadly ignored the offer to self-moderate itself, no one is going to be consulted when in mods’ subjective opinion something has to be done in it.

Why was the dude you tried to force into an IK for the thread not disqualified by his horrible racism? You made it clear you were vetting candidates so I don't get why that wasn't a dealbreaker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

cinci zoo sniper posted:

IKs get very superficial vetting - someone just glances at their rap sheet, 1-2 pages of recent posts, maybe an admin does some admin checks if they’re really bored and stumble into the thread. The reason for this hands-off vetting is that IKs have superficial power, and there are no serious expectations towards them handling sensitive PMs or similar, and a thread or forum in need should be able to get one on a short notice. Consequently, no one spent time reading years of their posting history. I did, however, make an effort to solicit feedback and nominations from the thread.

In any case, being a “horrible racist”, which is a claim that I cannot confirm for not having read any much of their posts, and that I have to intrinsically question the veracity of due to substantial political animosity between them and select other thread regulars, doesn’t automatically disqualify someone from being a D&D IK, if their posts are coherent and follow the relevant rules. Breaking SA or D&D rules on a regular basis does disqualify one, but there’s a distance between being a mainstream Scandinavian conservative, which is speculate is a load-bearing element of your allegation, and the threshold at which general SA rules against bigotry kick in.

You should really have given his rap sheet a superficial glance then instead of wasting your time on all this vapid nonsense.

Cardiac posted:

I thought it was the Somali women who worked since the men were high on khat? Somali is btw one of the hardest to integrate where one reason is how many can’t read, something essential to be able to work in Sweden. The numbers for Somalis is really depressing.

As for degrees, in 2015 fast tracks to verify degrees were put in motion but with as far as I have understood disappointing results. The high-degree doctor being a taxi driver is to a large extent an urban myth. A clear majority of the immigrants have little to none education, which their home countries census records also show.
The degrees are also not worth much if you can’t communicate in the host country’s language.

Finally, 8 years to find any form of employment is kinda bad. In that time you can basically do an entire bachelor-master-PhD.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)