Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Smile Face Hat posted:

They definitely are if you only read some threads there.

e: Also, if you're willingly part of an administration, you don't get to disavow any association with or responsibility for it. If you're a mod and see that kind of hostile atmosphere goin on, act accordingly or become complicit by not doing anything.

I never made a request there, ever, but thank you for your condescension.

Yes, if only people would use the right kind of rhetoric there when they get dogpiled indiscriminately, the dogpiling and ridiculing would immediately stop and their concerns would be sincerely considered!

Even if someone's way of expressing themselves imperfectly, there is no excuse for the way that place deals with people's concerns. That hostile atmosphere discourages people and renders the place unusable for its professed purpose, which in turn makes anybody referring anyone else there dishonest.

The way QCS works is if you have identified a genuine issue, like for example the anime forum mod being a pedo, people will be like "that's bad" and make noise until an admin arrives to (usually) do the bare minimum and close the thread. If, on the other hand, your issue is that you've cooked your brain by getting incredibly mad at some insular thread nonsense that will never matter, like for example someone disagreed with you about the technical definition of a genocide and you want them punished, what will happen is that people who have not boiled their brains will read your OP and make fun of you for being a dork.
Basically if you post there and get made fun of it's probably because you should have just gone outside instead. A QCS thread is an excellent barometer of whether what you're worked up about is an actual issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ronya posted:

I've noticed a trickle of folks whose gimmick is vacuous or shallow questions - not even hostile JAQ-ing off, but just a stream of simple questions or confused naïveté - in order to either get a rise out of thread regulars, or to crowd out headline-driven thread interest when the news cycle is embarrassing to their favourite authoritarians

(the contrived ignorance can be readily detected by clicking Post History and observing the posts in the other forum)

So without naming names, I'd like to specifically praise the recent mod activity to call out and enforce threadbans for this, which I feel has improved the D&D China thread noticeably

What? I don't get this. You're mad that people are asking questions? Not JAQing off, which is illegal, but asking questions? Why is that something that riles up the thread regulars?