Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

The arguments would hold much more weight with even like 1-2 examples. So far it sounds like my racist uncle talking about how he's been silenced by political correctness but unable to actually explain when or where this happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

The situation was a bunch of American's talking about how things were in Haiti and when someone from Haiti came to speak up he was being shouted down for being wrong about the country he grew up in by a bunch of people who had never even been there, that's quite different then the examples being made up here.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Discendo Vox posted:

It is an issue that there's less current events being discussed in the USCE thread, because plenty's happening. The current practice of encouraging trolls to frame and dominate an issue for several pages has a depressing effect on other participation, and doesn't foster discussion of news sources in context. I'm planning to start adding content to the media literacy thread again in the next week or so; maybe I can rework some of it to help with that.

I think the chat thread spinoff killed some of the USCE thread but this killed the rest, there really isn't much point in participating anymore when you are forced to pretend the same handful of assholes are posting in good faith when they've been trolling D&D for years and openly post about that's what they are doing. I stopped reading USCE for that exact reason and really only keep up with the war thread which stays readable because Cinci is so adamant about keeping the thread talking about the topic at hand. Even if I think sometimes that goes too far like the series of probes about the letter about the Ukraine War that came out of the House Democrats.

socialsecurity fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Oct 30, 2022