Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
I've basically stopped posting in D&D because it has become a weird echo chamber. I'm not a super leftist or anything, but the copium that goes on here is kinda pathetic at times.

Informed discussion is great, but blind ideological posting seems more like what it is now. People that think they are informed, but are ultimately just ignorant cheerleaders.

For reference I've been posting in D&D for almost 20 years. The current moderation decisions have really stifled discussion.

Let D&D be poo poo posty lite again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
Also D&D needs a stylesheet.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

cinci zoo sniper posted:

I think you misunderstand how this works. The point of trying to get an IK for Scandipol was to offer the thread to have a voice in a hypothetical moderation action. As the thread has broadly ignored the offer to self-moderate itself, no one is going to be consulted when in mods’ subjective opinion something has to be done in it.

The concern of D&D is not how posters post somewhere else, or how they have posted in the past, unless they’re posting in bad faith and allege to hold immediately contradictory opinions. If you want to gossip your posting enemies, instead of challenging their argument on merits, do that somewhere else.

IC1 and IIC1 differ in that being a passive aggressive rear end in a top hat goes under IC1 even if you don’t ever mention a poster, but a non-negative commentary about other posters is still not welcome in D&D.

Just post in C-SPAM if you want to post in C-SPAM. The whole point of having multiple subforums is to meet different expectations of different posters, and “recreational hipfiring about politics” is well served already by one.

Do you have any recent examples of this?

Dude, I've posted here almost a decade longer than you've had an account. The way you run D&D is not how it was run in the past. You probe anything that doesn't fit your mold of discussion, and don't apply any nuance or understanding to your moderation.

I've also never really posted in CSpam, and probably never will. It's possible to have a less than academic discussion of politics without taking a bottle of black pills.

I honestly don't appreciate the way you make assumptions about people and how you stifle discussion with a thoughtless push of a button.

I'm sure USCE will continue to be productive and discuss important topics such as Nancy Pelosis boobs.

Heck Yes! Loam! fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Oct 29, 2022