Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you think of the new international distribution deal?
This poll is closed.
Hate it 12 16.90%
REALLY hate it 16 22.54%
Hello, my name is Bob Chapek 43 60.56%
Total: 71 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020

Emerson Cod posted:

Hi there. I know that I've been posting some queer things lately about claiming to be the Doctor and Nazis in America but as anyone familiar with Bible Code and Torah Code and the prophecies contained within will recognize the significance of this grid image. It shows the words THEDOCTOR encoded in a grid with the words SONTARAN

Is this a bit? Legitimately worried about you. Please get help.

Confusedslight fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Oct 31, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020

Jerusalem posted:

It's significantly more than that for me, and I know I'm only one person.... but I matter to me! :smith:

It's definitely going to limit the amount of big finish I can purchase per year. On top of everything getting more expensive it was only a matter of time and it's completely understandable but yeah....

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020

Emerson Cod posted:

Okay, so I know that what I post sounds crazy but so do most conspiracies until they're uncovered. Look, I just published a nearly 400 page book, https://books2read.com/u/bOnqoE and pretty much all of it is based solely on testimony from what you would consider the real world.

Please stop posting in this thread.
Edit: Sorry that post was harsh but honestly please get help.

Confusedslight fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Nov 5, 2022

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020

Open Source Idiom posted:

The first set of these has a reputation for being very very bad. This is a trailer for the second set, but it's apparently not much better.

I just found the first set really hard to keep track of. Felt purposely written in a very confusing way. Everything else was fine and Colin was great as he always is but the plot was a bit all over the place.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020

Open Source Idiom posted:

What did you think of the Not My President bit in the third episode?

I honestly don't remember that bit.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
I really really wanted to like it! But at some point i just had to turn my brain off and just go with the flow. It felt like a fever dream with bits here and there. I'm going to listen to it again and try to follow it more closely just because it would be interesting to try and make sense of it all.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Big finish and the bbc signed a contract for them to produce doctor who to at least 2030 and nick briggs said on the 2nd to latest big finish podcast the Disney deal will have no impact on that. Thankfully.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Good for him! He's worked on some absolutely brilliant audios at big finish. Crazy I've been following his Instagram for a while and I thought something might have been up just based on how much rtd all of a sudden started commenting on his posts.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020

The_Doctor posted:

It’s a Doctor’s birthday! But probably not the one you were expecting…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U3jrS-uhuo

Always puts a smile on my face. He's such a good doctor.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020

Jerusalem posted:

Children in Need airs a little under 8 hours from now and runs for 3 hours :f5:

Starts in 17 minutes now! Now to try and work out how I can quickly stream it from overseas.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
https://twitter.com/bbcdoctorwho/status/1593705809166434306?t=PHFsUrTQ9lsT2AXyTlcVgw&s=19

She was born in 2004. I've never felt so old in my life.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
https://twitter.com/DrMatthewSweet/status/1594610858457538560?t=3O3HVIisyws2pQKHFaFLuQ&s=19

They were both at the Scottish baftas. I love this photo so much. :3:

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
I truly believe all the missing episodes are being hoarded by collectors scattered around the world. I don't really believe in conspiracies but this podcast episode about a hoarder who passed away with an massive collection of all sorts of stuff has given me hope. That will surely end in my heart being broken again but still! We might be close to another being found. Big miiiight. https://vyb42todoomsday.podbean.com/e/42-to-doomsday-unleash-the-hoarders/

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020

Emerson Cod posted:

I can let you know exactly where copies reside. The British Crown retains a copy of all media released in the Commonwealth in a special archive. That is where the missing episodes from The Web of Fear and The Enemy of The World came from - they knew that they would be relevant to the serials with the Great Intelligence and the Zygon Invasion and so the Royal Family chose to
release them in as high a quality as possible while masking their true origins. I've seen a bit of Power of The Daleks and it looks fantastic.

https://www.royal.uk/archives

I still don't know if you're doing a bit.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
"I never forget a face" :aaaaa:

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Edit: beat me to it!

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
I like it! Except for the orange shirt. Be interesting to see it in motion! Definitely feels doctory.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
I got my wish! Here's it in motion. https://www.instagram.com/reel/CmR2sTegqqq/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

Edit: didn't realise instagram doesn't embed here. Just a link to the video posted below.

Confusedslight fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Dec 17, 2022

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
It really is! Feels a little 10th doctor coat vibes.

Confusedslight fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Dec 18, 2022

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020

Astroman posted:

Didn't realize the main thread would be on this, but I suppose it'd be unavoidable to even the most spoiler averse.

Like I said in the spoiler thread, I like it. The patterns are pretty cool.

I assume we're talking about it here is because it was posted on the official bbc doctor who social media accounts rather than a set report.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Capaldis tenure keeps going up in the rankings for modern doctor who whenever I put one of his episodes on again. It's so good. Well most of it is.

Heaven sent posted:

The Doctor : I'm going to get out of here and find whoever put me here in the first place. And whatever they're trying to do, I'm going to stop it! We might take a little while, so do you want me to tell you a story? The Brothers Grimm - lovely fellows, they're on my darts team. According to them, there was this emperor, and he asks this shepherd's boy, "How many seconds in eternity?" And the shepherd's boy says, "There's this mountain of pure diamond. It takes an hour to climb it, and an hour to go around it! Every hundred years, a little bird comes and sharpens its beak on the diamond mountain. And when the entire mountain is chiselled away, the first second of eternity will have passed!" You must think that's a hell of a long time...

[4.5 billion years pass]

The Doctor : ...Personally, I think that's a hell of a bird.

https://youtu.be/sl9pTDK8PAk

Confusedslight fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Dec 19, 2022

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
That episode it the best episode of any tv show I have ever seen. The pinnacle of what doctor who can be imo.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Favorite part of that episode.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5ga6CwyKvr8&feature=youtu.be - The Doctor entering the tardis!

Confusedslight fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Dec 19, 2022

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020

Rhyno posted:

how are you so wrong though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ga6CwyKvr8

edit: ha, everybody loves that bit

I messed up the embedding haha. You're post is much better than my one!!. I think christmas carol is my favorite of his Christmas specials. Think people often forget about that one.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Guess it's time to start another pilgrimage! Need to time it so as soon as I'm done the next episode comes out.

Confusedslight fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Jan 1, 2023

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020

The_Doctor posted:

Disney has creative input into the new season.

Think the chances of getting an episode like midnight, turn left or Waters of Mars Heaven sent anytime soon just got a little bit lower. Hopefully I'm wrong!

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Someone needs to add Edmund Warrick to the target cover if they haven't yet!

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
I don't mind if there's no master for awhile but when they inevitably return I agree and would like it to be the current one.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020

Wonder how he'll get amnesia to forget about River Song this time!

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020

McGann posted:

Those appear to be two separate stories - and 8th Doctor set and a River song set

Oops you're right! I misread it. But it's still a bit funny how many of the classic doctors met and have interacted with her by now.

Can't believe the river song series is on its 11th boxset now. So much to catch up on! I really enjoyed the first few that I listened to, even if it is a little hokey at times.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Glad she's still up to doing these. Was worried she might have been getting a bit sick of this role. I know a jobs a job but still. Oh cool! The short trips are definitely a highlight of the big finish output.

Confusedslight fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Jan 18, 2023

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020

Jerusalem posted:

"Yeah but... you know, I do have to actually keep working!" cracked me up.

Reminds me of Christopher Eccleston saying something similar for the reason for his returning to the role for big finish. Appreciate the upfront honesty haha.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
He trained so much that he was left incredibly fatigued and had to sit down and have a break many times afterwards.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020

That's a really nice photo! Reminds me I need to check out more 9th doctor big finish.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
I'm watching journeys end for the first time in several years and I remember it being melodramatic but just not how melodramatic. It sure is uh something and I really want to be onboard for it! but I just can't. Just slightly too much for even me.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
My 10 year old self is squealing with joy!

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
The wait is killing me. Hopefully we get something from red noise day.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
I forgot how intense that story was until I looked it up to remind myself what happened in it. It sure uh went places.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
The torchwood stuff are the best big finish audios they've done for the last several years. Atleast in my opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Unveiling Doctor Who nfts! But seriously it it was a big announcement feel like the teaser would be something bit more than that? I might be wrong I just don't want to get my hopes up unnecessary.