Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
Specifically recent anime. I know they do a lot of dubbing for the local market, but I have no idea where I’d go to find or stream it. Ideally I’d like to get my hands on some with English subs as well, for language practice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Italy

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This might be a hot take but shouldn't you just watch stuff thats written in Italian to learn it better.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Toonitalia is probably your best bet. There's probably a few on nyaa as well.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
Thanks Julias! I’ll check that out.

Larry Parrish posted:

This might be a hot take but shouldn't you just watch stuff thats written in Italian to learn it better.

Totally fair, and I am also doing that, I just figured if I’m gonna be watching the anime anyways I might as well he some passive learning out of it. Also anime dubbed in Italian is inherently hilarious.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/press-release/2022-04-25/crunchyroll-brings-first-italian-dubbed-anime-series-to-fans-this-spring/.184952

crunchy is rolling out a few italian dubs, it seems like

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ive also heard the italian madoka dub is notably good tho thats obviously not recent

Char
Jan 5, 2013
Try vvvvid.it too if it still exists. It had One Punch Man, at the very least.
You should look into Mediaset and Rai 4 on their respective streaming services, but I don't know how they work outside Italy.

edit: you should get your hands on our Saint Seiya, Slam Dunk and Lupin the 3rd dubs. Those were very well made. Actually there's a lot to be said about our dubs but I won't bore you, but they're a bit hit and miss.

Char fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Oct 30, 2022

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Perfect, thanks, I set up a VPN in italy so streaming from to an italian IP is possible for me. I'll look into it! Thanks everyone.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Isnt Lupin really beloved over there? That would probably be one of the easier dubs to come across

Char
Jan 5, 2013

Meme Emulator posted:

Isnt Lupin really beloved over there? That would probably be one of the easier dubs to come across

Well, one of its latest series - the fifth one I think - aired in Italy before airing in Japan.
Lupin is more important than Goku here.

Char fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Oct 30, 2022

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

I was literally just in a shopping mall in Tuscany and did a double take as I walked passed a mannequin in a trendy boutique store that was wearing a Lupin tee shirt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jomo
Jul 11, 2009

My Dress-Up Darling in Italian is definitely going to be worth a re-watch.