Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I didn't watch much football today, and I'm too drunk to find a lot of cool tweets but enjoy this baller fake FG

https://twitter.com/OU_Football/status/1586401035123249152

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Pain

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Michigan State having trouble with a punt snap?

Well ain't that a goddamn shame.

https://twitter.com/byysports/status/1586544465895985156

:bisonyes:

SPARTY YES

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Sparty no

https://twitter.com/BussinWTB/status/1586559642087395329

Tad SG
Apr 16, 2003

Here are provided seats of meditative joy, where shall rise again the destined reign of Troy.
Pac12 refs really set a new bar with how they botched the end of the first half in the USC@Zona game. Can we just join the B16 next year?
'?

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Tad SG posted:

Pac12 refs really set a new bar with how they botched the end of the first half in the USC@Zona game. Can we just join the B16 next year?
'?

Oh, hi, this is every USC fan on Twitter today. Y’all shouldn’t be surprised, PAC-12 refs have been a thing for decades by now.

Ducks almost got bit by Cal but started getting more pressure from the defensive line and pulled away. And it’s just a casual six touchdowns for Bo Nix :psyduck:

https://twitter.com/oregonfootball/status/1586513248135745536

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
Florida's scoring streak survives, despite the best efforts of the Dawgs. Better luck next time, Georgia!

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

UGA played with their food in the 3rd, giving fans everywhere 28-3 flashbacks. UGA gave up 371 yards, most of which were in the 3rd but racked up 555 total yards which is cool. This might be our most complete offensive game since the opening game against Oregon. Rushing attack was just getting whatever it wanted all game long and it was great.

It was also the Brock Bowers show all drat game, with 150+ yards recieving:

https://twitter.com/UGAfootballLive/status/1586456628953780224

https://twitter.com/CBSSports/status/1586488062833369088

E: And Brenton Cox is still a baby and threw punches at a UGA player after getting taken for a ride and getting flexed on all game. I really don't miss him at UGA but I will miss playing against him.

KKKLIP ART fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Oct 30, 2022

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

:(

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Jesus Christ sparty, you're supposed to just throw some PB&Js not all out assault somebody.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
I thought I read somewhere that aTm had 9 injury timeouts for dudes who all came back in a couple of plays later.

https://twitter.com/jamesnlott/status/1586542981653430272?s=46&t=FvzflVJgddAfNQbL9ZiWBw

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Clip has it all

https://twitter.com/avg_joseph/status/1586489578130587648?s=20

- Kenny Mac bulldozing through Brenton Cox, then showing the muscle
- Brenton trying to throw hands and being ignored
- "Boom motherfucker"

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/sbj/status/1586719833554669568?s=46&t=NMjKJ9QaeHhYzT4nwUeQ2g

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Cincy, UCF and Houston are all going to be making nine times the TV money next year. UCF better use a good chunk of that money to back up a brinks truck at their DC's house.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Someone is going to give Blake Baker a huge contract and I hope it's Mizzou

https://twitter.com/PowerMizzoucom/status/1586716111411838979

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

Mike_V posted:

Someone is going to give Blake Baker a huge contract and I hope it's Mizzou

https://twitter.com/PowerMizzoucom/status/1586716111411838979

After last night those stats are definitely something I did not want to see this morning.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

$30MM per team, per season seems about as good as good as they could’ve hoped for.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
So uh, what the hell happened to Oklahoma State? Was that just a truly horrendous matchup for them?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Henchman of Santa posted:

So uh, what the hell happened to Oklahoma State? Was that just a truly horrendous matchup for them?

Chris Klieman is a wizard.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Agreed

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
I can’t believe if Tennessee beats UGA on Saturday there is a decent chance they will get into the playoff even if they lose the SEC Championship game (could end up playing Bama 3x). That said while I’m going to enjoy this week as always, my gut tells me this is where our undefeated season come to an end. UGA has the talent and depth, and it is an away game. I said the same about the Bama game, so please let me be wrong again. I will say my dream is to play Ole Miss in the SEC Championship, but lots of dominos need to fall a certain way for that to happen.

Also South Carolina had me fooled. I thought that they were truly the biggest trap game left on our schedule and now they lose at home to Missouri?

Edit: About the GDT. a) I am no bandwagon Tennessee fan, they have been my ride or die since 1986 and my posting history confirms that. So don’t put me in that group (I’m just saying that cause someone mentioned bandwagon fans). I paid my dues. b) I post rarely in the GDT cause I have nothing that interesting to say or any original ideas (even what I said in this post is yadda yadda yadda), but I always read the GDT every Saturday. So keep on posting and I will keep on lurking.

nate fisher fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Oct 30, 2022

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

nate fisher posted:

Also South Carolina had me fooled. I thought that they were truly the biggest trap game left on our schedule and now they lose at home to Missouri?

I think USC is trending in the right direction but Mizzou became a bad matchup for them this year. Their offense is really bland and inefficient and Mizzou’s defense is pretty legit.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

If the vols lose next week it’ll be because of the secondary I figure

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

nate fisher posted:

Edit: About the GDT. a) I am no bandwagon Tennessee fan, they have been my ride or die since 1986 and my posting history confirms that. So don’t put me in that group (I’m just saying that cause someone mentioned bandwagon fans). I paid my dues. b) I post rarely in the GDT cause I have nothing that interesting to say or any original ideas (even what I said in this post is yadda yadda yadda), but I always read the GDT every Saturday. So keep on posting and I will keep on lurking.

GDTs are just like the forums in general. Nothing lasts forever. I mean poo poo, look at our reg dates. The newest person in this thread has been here for 11 years. It’s frankly amazing the site in general and this sub specifically is still clipping along, albeit in a more limited way from 10 years ago.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

nate fisher posted:

I can’t believe if Tennessee beats UGA on Saturday there is a decent chance they will get into the playoff even if they lose the SEC Championship game (could end up playing Bama 3x).

If Michigan/Ohio State, TCU, and Clemson make it through unbeaten, it's going to be a poo poo show if the SEC CG loser gets in. (I see TCU getting hosed in this scenario.)

Blue Raider posted:

GDTs are just like the forums in general. Nothing lasts forever. I mean poo poo, look at our reg dates. The newest person in this thread has been here for 11 years. It’s frankly amazing the site in general and this sub specifically is still clipping along, albeit in a more limited way from 10 years ago.

Paying :10bux: for forums access is a no-no for entitled Zoomers. :corsair:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

nate fisher posted:

I can’t believe if Tennessee beats UGA on Saturday there is a decent chance they will get into the playoff even if they lose the SEC Championship game (could end up playing Bama 3x).

Probably the only scenario where Tennessee misses out is if they lose to Georgia and then Georgia loses to Alabama in the SECCG. I think in that case the committee would be loath to put in three SEC teams, though it Clemson drops one along the way and the PAC-12 and Big 12 fail to produce a 1-loss champion, then who knows.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
I think the Vols can survive their own secondary if they can keep scoring like they have been. Also other keys for us to win is to slow down UGA’s running game (ripped us for 274 yards last year) and to successfully run the ball ourselves enough to help our passing game (we only ran for 55 yards). Scoring 17 points like we did in 2021 is not going to win this game. Vols need 40+ to make this a game.

Should have never mentioned the SECCG. It’s rat poison lol. Focus on UGA.

nate fisher fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Oct 30, 2022

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

The good news for Tennessee is that they (probably) only have to be better than Georgia for one night. Georgia is better, but they can lay an egg. It’s happened a couple of times already.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
I also gotta say Spencer Rattler is not very good and I have no idea why Beamer kept running Marshawn Lloyd out there when it was clear he was hurt

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid

zimbomonkey posted:

Cincy, UCF and Houston are all going to be making nine times the TV money next year. UCF better use a good chunk of that money to back up a brinks truck at their DC's house.

I think the phase in period is a few years, so that money isn't going to dump on their head that soon, but it's still pretty good.

Looks like a bit of a downgrade from the $40m per school the B12 was making now, but it def puts them right in ACC and Pac12 territory, so likely about as good as they can do honestly.

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Oh Wake Forest....get to the top ten and immediately poo poo the bed in historic fashion. Go into halftime up 14-13, give up 35 points in the 3rd quarter behind eleventy-billion (rough count) turnovers

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Is OJ not allowed in the Heisman House?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

General Dog posted:

Is OJ not allowed in the Heisman House?

Not until it’s time to thin the herd

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

After Dark last night saw Fresno State score two touchdowns in 13 seconds and pick off an SDSU pass to win.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ns_O4TWGuQ0

Wake Forest's QB turned the ball over 6 times in the 3rd quarter against Louisville.

UCF had this great celebration after being Cincy.

https://twitter.com/cjzero/status/1586495059146731520

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Wake Forest had 8 turnovers yesterday. I can't remember the last time I saw something like that.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

LLCoolJD posted:

Wake Forest had 8 turnovers yesterday. I can't remember the last time I saw something like that.

Miami the week before?

Or am I getting :thejoke:ed?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Good Lord, Baylor’s running back had 36 carries yesterday. Doesn’t seem like you see that much anymore.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Tulane is better than any Big 12 team this year. Lol. TCU might be the best Big 12 team. They beat KState they couldn't stop their backup QB from putting up 28 points.

No defense has played as well as Tulane vs KState in a win this year.

downout
Jul 6, 2009

The big 10 is so weird to me. At least three teams recruit well to compete with the SEC, but they do not look nearly good in the games. It's like playing against the rest of the soft conference throughout the season doesn't offer opportunities to sharpen against quality opponents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

General Dog posted:

Good Lord, Baylor’s running back had 36 carries yesterday. Doesn’t seem like you see that much anymore.

I think Ole Miss ran Judkins like 34 or 35 times yesterday too.