Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Spacebump posted:

Tulane is better than any Big 12 team this year. Lol. TCU might be the best Big 12 team. They beat KState they couldn't stop their backup QB from putting up 28 points.

No defense has played as well as Tulane vs KState in a win this year.

It’s looking fairly likely right now that even a 3-loss AAC champ is going to get the G5 NY6 spot; so it’s all there for the taking for Tulane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

General Dog posted:

It’s looking fairly likely right now that even a 3-loss AAC champ is going to get the G5 NY6; so it’s all there for the taking for Tulane.

Despite the confidence in my previous post, I've still been a Tulane fan long enough to not count on anything until it happens. Tulsa and SMU are trap games. UCF's run game could get rough for Tulane. Cincy is a good team. They will likely have to play Cincy or UCF a 2nd time in the American Conference Championship. I'll be so salty if they beat Cincy the first time and lose to them in the CCG/Cincy goes to the Cotton Bowl.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I'm still in awe

https://twitter.com/BaD0UG/status/1586599583324536834

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Spacebump posted:

Despite the confidence in my previous post, I've still been a Tulane fan long enough to not count on anything until it happens. Tulsa and SMU are trap games. UCF's run game could get rough for Tulane. Cincy is a good team. They will likely have to play Cincy or UCF a 2nd time in the American Conference Championship. I'll be so salty if they beat Cincy the first time and lose to them in the CCG/Cincy goes to the Cotton Bowl.

The punchline is that they all beat each other up and Boise chugs across the 10 win mark in a historically bad MWC and gets the NY6 bid with a loss to UTEP under its belt.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/travisakers/status/1586532349692375041?s=20

I've always thought Jacksonville was the absolute dregs of American culture and hate that we have to play a game there every year, so y'know, par for the course here. Make the rivalry home & home, please. Or at least play half of them in the Benz.

Also, great font choice, you chud.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Eat poo poo hoke you fraud

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?

apparently there was another video, although i cant tell if its a different incident or part of the same
anyways, any time helmets start getting swung as weapons is a big yikes

https://twitter.com/GoBluePoole/status/1586751303962738689?s=20&t=AGlsv_-4dJFtYjFyAwcbEw

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

clean ayers act posted:

apparently there was another video, although i cant tell if its a different incident or part of the same
anyways, any time helmets start getting swung as weapons is a big yikes

https://twitter.com/GoBluePoole/status/1586751303962738689?s=20&t=AGlsv_-4dJFtYjFyAwcbEw

Holy poo poo. I thought the first video was bad but that looked like he was swinging a helmet in the beginning.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

came here to watch the sparty video. when i heard about it i figured it was like 3-4 players jumping a guy, but..that's the entire loving team. are they going to arrest them all? because the players that weren't throwing hands were absolutely contributing to the press of bodies and preventing an escape. that's real bad

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Tennessee tied at #2 with Ohio St in the AP

https://apnews.com/hub/ap-top-25-college-football-poll

e: Vols, bitch

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

RC and Moon Pie posted:

After Dark last night saw Fresno State score two touchdowns in 13 seconds and pick off an SDSU pass to win.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ns_O4TWGuQ0

Oh so that’s why we had somebody having an existential crisis in a Taco Bell drive-thru line yesterday.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
MSU should suffer serious penalties for that good lord

on a lighter note we have :siren: TUESDAY GAMES :siren: this week so please give us your fanciest GDT title suggestions

MarquisDeCarabas
Jun 16, 2012

Soul Glo posted:

Tennessee tied at #2 with Ohio St in the AP

https://apnews.com/hub/ap-top-25-college-football-poll

e: Vols, bitch

Long-time lurker, first time poster…

BEAVERS RANKED, bitch.

(now that my fandom is exposed, my lurking is explained)

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

TCU should be ranked over Bama, there I said it

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Welcome, friend

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

i say swears online posted:

came here to watch the sparty video. when i heard about it i figured it was like 3-4 players jumping a guy, but..that's the entire loving team. are they going to arrest them all? because the players that weren't throwing hands were absolutely contributing to the press of bodies and preventing an escape. that's real bad

The police are apparently getting involved.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
A good friend of mine went from being a recruiter for Temple admissions (and a massive Eagles/Phillies fan) to being a recruiter for Tennessee admissions last month.

He's had a hell of a Fall so far.

MarquisDeCarabas
Jun 16, 2012

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Welcome, friend

I heard this forum was dead, figured I would infuse it with some young, 35-year-old blood.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Just returned to civilization and what the gently caress happened to the 'Pokes??

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Kansas State's superpower is crushing dreams, occasionally including their own

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

nate fisher posted:

I can’t believe if Tennessee beats UGA on Saturday there is a decent chance they will get into the playoff even if they lose the SEC Championship game (could end up playing Bama 3x). That said while I’m going to enjoy this week as always, my gut tells me this is where our undefeated season come to an end. UGA has the talent and depth, and it is an away game. I said the same about the Bama game, so please let me be wrong again. I will say my dream is to play Ole Miss in the SEC Championship, but lots of dominos need to fall a certain way for that to happen.

Also South Carolina had me fooled. I thought that they were truly the biggest trap game left on our schedule and now they lose at home to Missouri?

Edit: About the GDT. a) I am no bandwagon Tennessee fan, they have been my ride or die since 1986 and my posting history confirms that. So don’t put me in that group (I’m just saying that cause someone mentioned bandwagon fans). I paid my dues. b) I post rarely in the GDT cause I have nothing that interesting to say or any original ideas (even what I said in this post is yadda yadda yadda), but I always read the GDT every Saturday. So keep on posting and I will keep on lurking.

I was joking bro

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Blue Raider posted:

TCU should be ranked over Bama, there I said it

Bama is lucky they don’t have 3 losses, including one to A&M. They should be 7th at the highest.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

harperdc posted:

Oh so that’s why we had somebody having an existential crisis in a Taco Bell drive-thru line yesterday.

it wasn't worth it

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
at this point refusing bandwagon fans would be deeply silly

also my team never makes the playoffs so i end up bandwagoning someone for some amount of time every year just post

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

fast cars loose anus posted:

Please, anyone in NOLA that wants to bandwagon on Tulane attend games. It is cheap and they need more people at home games.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Genuinely surprised OU won. Puts the Sooners at five wins, which means making a bowl is likely, and keeping it a winning season is plausible if not probable. If OU can just avoid a losing record for the first time in the 21st century I'll call the season a wash, if not a success considering how much change there was.

Spacebump posted:

Please, anyone in NOLA that wants to bandwagon on Tulane attend games. It is cheap and they need more people at home games.

I've always been of the opinion that it's cool and good to adopt a mid-major (or major if you're a mid-major fan) for a year or more. I was a TCU "fan" during college, got a shirt and everything--even got a couple shoutouts in Norman wearing it.

I'll hop on the Tulane bandwagon, the angry Green Wave is such a loving good mascot

Judgy Fucker fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Oct 30, 2022

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

I’m on the Tulane bandwagon 100%

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
if you wouldn't support at team with this logo against anyone who wasn't your team idk what to tell you

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Blue Raider posted:

Eat poo poo hoke you fraud

this is the audacity of hoke

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

if you wouldn't support at team with this logo against anyone who wasn't your team idk what to tell you

I love this lil guy

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Can Aggie win three of their last four to get to 500?

UMass is obviously a win but they’ve got Florida, Auburn and LSU besides. None of those games are guaranteed losses but winning 2 of 3 seems like a tall order for that team.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

also my team never makes the playoffs so i end up bandwagoning someone for some amount of time every year just post

gatekeeping fandom is toxic behavior by idiots that think time spent suffering for a team is unpaid labor and entitles them to be holier than thou shitheads

I don't give a drat if you're new so long as yer hollering VOOOOOLS BIIIIIIIIIITCH

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I can see A&M winning against Auburn. Florida too, I can't decide what that team is and when two inconsistent teams meet its chaos so anyone can win. LSU I think is beyond us this year.

I might as well tell you that I'd be surprised at beating anyone but Auburn, though. If this team ever puts together a good performance on both sides of the ball on the same day it can beat anyone but for some reason (coaching) this never happens

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Can Aggie win three of their last four to get to 500?

UMass is obviously a win but they’ve got Florida, Auburn and LSU besides. None of those games are guaranteed losses but winning 2 of 3 seems like a tall order for that team.

It’s doable. It’s at least encouraging that the team doesn’t seem to be checking out for the most part, except maybe the freshmen who got suspended for smoking weed in South Carolina’s locker room after a loss and the three o-linemen who have literally checked out due to injury.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Florida is a deeply flawed team with no identity. TAMU’s identity sucks, but at least they have Things They Do (say what you will, at least it’s an ethos, etc).

I don’t see any possible way Achane is held under 150. And the offense is too inconsistent o go over 21-24pts against them. Could be a dogfight, but I don’t really see UF doing enough things well to come out ahead in close games.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

LeeMajors posted:

Florida is a deeply flawed team with no identity. TAMU’s identity sucks, but at least they have Things They Do (say what you will, at least it’s an ethos, etc).

I don’t see any possible way Achane is held under 150. And the offense is too inconsistent o go over 21-24pts against them. Could be a dogfight, but I don’t really see UF doing enough things well to come out ahead in close games.

Yeah it’s going to be first to 24 wins like basically every Aggie game this year has been.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

LeeMajors posted:

I would agree with you but like they used to say about college Michael Jordan, the only person who can hold Achane under 150 is Jimbo. We'll see. I hinted at it in the GDT but I can't imagine this offense wouldn't be better if we just ran every drive like it was a 2 minute drill, if Jimbo can just throw a few pages away for this year we can score enough to win.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

At least I'll be able to keep watching my WVU be bottom of the conference on basic cable :unsmith:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I know it’s not going to happen, but if Illinois beat Ohio State or Michigan in the Big Ten CCG it would be the funniest thing that’s ever happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
My wife said to me during the game last night “it’s so weird seeing you watch Tennessee and be…happy” and it’s so true. I don’t care what happens next week, this year has been great after 20 years of suck