Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Cincy, UCF and Houston are all going to be making nine times the TV money next year. UCF better use a good chunk of that money to back up a brinks truck at their DC's house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

I'm beginning to think that Dillon Gabriel was the problem with Heup's offense at UCF. That and the fact that he just decided to not recruit around the Orlando area and basically ceded that to UF.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Declan MacManus posted:

i'm gonna watch cadillac williams beat the poo poo out of alabama in person at bryant denny and i'm gonna laugh my rear end off

i mean in a scheme that bone simple you need a guy who's gonna make the throws so if it's not the receivers,

The weird thing is that the offense did work really well... For the first 2 quarters or so. Then corners would start playing the screens more and the safeties would move back to cover for the deep shot plays and the offense died. Meanwhile the defense would always get completely gassed because our drives always lasted a minute whether we scored a touchdown or went three and out. That's why I've always been so down on heupel, it seems like his game plan was doomed to pummel his own defense to where by the end of the game they could barely stand.

I still think the recruiting was a major misstep. We had high School from coaches from all around Orlando complaining that UCF just ignored local recruiting while Josh was coaching. Maybe he just came in with one foot out the door.