Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
I can’t believe if Tennessee beats UGA on Saturday there is a decent chance they will get into the playoff even if they lose the SEC Championship game (could end up playing Bama 3x). That said while I’m going to enjoy this week as always, my gut tells me this is where our undefeated season come to an end. UGA has the talent and depth, and it is an away game. I said the same about the Bama game, so please let me be wrong again. I will say my dream is to play Ole Miss in the SEC Championship, but lots of dominos need to fall a certain way for that to happen.

Also South Carolina had me fooled. I thought that they were truly the biggest trap game left on our schedule and now they lose at home to Missouri?

Edit: About the GDT. a) I am no bandwagon Tennessee fan, they have been my ride or die since 1986 and my posting history confirms that. So don’t put me in that group (I’m just saying that cause someone mentioned bandwagon fans). I paid my dues. b) I post rarely in the GDT cause I have nothing that interesting to say or any original ideas (even what I said in this post is yadda yadda yadda), but I always read the GDT every Saturday. So keep on posting and I will keep on lurking.

nate fisher fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Oct 30, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
I think the Vols can survive their own secondary if they can keep scoring like they have been. Also other keys for us to win is to slow down UGA’s running game (ripped us for 274 yards last year) and to successfully run the ball ourselves enough to help our passing game (we only ran for 55 yards). Scoring 17 points like we did in 2021 is not going to win this game. Vols need 40+ to make this a game.

Should have never mentioned the SECCG. It’s rat poison lol. Focus on UGA.

nate fisher fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Oct 30, 2022

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

LLCoolJD posted:

:lol: Auburn. We won't have a coaching carousel quite like last season, but it's already pretty strong. Auburn, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Colorado, Georgia Tech, Arizona State. Some good jobs to be had.

There is only one way for this coaching carousel to reach historic portion, it needs add the team which is know as the MVP of coaching carousel since 2009…

https://twitter.com/govols247/status/1586908947109187584?s=46&t=zSBvlZ1bkncJf3mCY4UJ9A

To be clear I don’t see it happening but if it was going to happen we all know what team it would happen to. That said a certain coach is getting a big raise soon.

nate fisher fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Oct 31, 2022

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Warbird posted:

Hearing smoke on the street of Heupel to Auburn.

It won’t happen, but god that would be the funniest poo poo of all time.

Oh there might be one (former) Tennessee coach heading to Auburn but it will not be Heupel.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
I was 26 in 98, Urg I’m old. I did get to go to Tennessee’s first game as number 1 that year and it was the famous Arkansas game.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
drat my step father who raised me since I was 5 died today from a long term illness. He is one of the main reason I am a Tennessee fan and he took me to many games on his dime (even that 98 Arkansas game). When I was drunk in that WVA bar during this year’s Bama game he was the first person I called when Tennessee won. I just called him Tuesday night and we mainly talked about football. I’m thankfully that he went out with Tennessee having a winning streak against both UF and Bama, and his Vols holding the #1 spot in the CFP. I know that is exactly how he would have wanted it. I will never watch a game the same way again. It just doesn’t mean as much without him here. No matter what happens this weekend I can’t share it with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
Thanks for the positive support. I just didn’t know where to say that since college football was such an important part of our relationship. Non-sports people don’t understand how sports can bring people closer together. It is bond that is never broken even after the person is gone and he would want me to say there is no sport better than college football. Not even close.