Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

Scrapple

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Leprechaun Hunt the hip new social game using cards that only takes one hour to explain and two hours to play!

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Burn this Game: the first person to incinerate their cardboard playing mat in any way wins. No refunds.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Miaow?
Not a boardgame as such, but rather a series of rules additions allowing you to continue to play when your cat decides to get involved.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
Cards against personality, the party game designed to weed out your worst friends.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

God

"Should we play God?"
"Should anyone?"

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost
Lay down on the board and push the little bits off the table while soliciting for treats and pets The only board game my cat ever plays.

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020
Momopoly: Exactly the same as monopoly but if you win you get microwaves mom.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

DIVORCED, The Game For Divorced People

suitable for all ages

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
I LOVE GIVING MY TAX MONEY AND MY PERSONAL INCOME TO UKRAINE, SLAVA

Brawnfire posted:

God

"Should we play God?"
"Should anyone?"

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
I LOVE GIVING MY TAX MONEY AND MY PERSONAL INCOME TO UKRAINE, SLAVA
Also please don't think i photoshopped this, but this seems appropriate for this thread.

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
Jigsaws against God.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

god please help me posted:

Also please don't think i photoshopped this, but this seems appropriate for this thread.

playing Uno while the world burns is an inherently political action

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Brawnfire posted:

Get it Ate: the game of Getting it Ate

Snake (brown) eyes = eat my rear end, twice.

Two sixes = suck my dick til it spurts (the 12 dots on the dice represent many sperm cells).

I love this game, though it sometimes leaves a funny aftertaste.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

BigBadSteve posted:

Snake (brown) eyes = eat my rear end, twice.

Two sixes = suck my dick til it spurts (the 12 dots on the dice represent many sperm cells).

I love this game, though it sometimes leaves a funny aftertaste.

Two 3’s and you have to go find that 3-boobed lady from Total Recall and motorboat them.

(It means you lose.)

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Chubby Checkers

Just like normal checkers but old ladies get hot under the collar for some reason

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

madmatt112 posted:

Chubby Checkers

Just like normal checkers but old ladies get hot under the collar for some reason

An interesting twist

Hyzenth1ay
Oct 24, 2008

Underwhelmed posted:

König Gabelstapler: A game of Forklifts
2022 Spiel des Jahres finalist.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

god please help me posted:

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG
I’ve played Democrats: The Game! a couple times now, but I still feel like I’m missing something.

The game begins with the oldest player removing the Republican token from the White House space, then drawing 5 cards from the Disaster Deck.

On each player’s turn, they draw a new Disaster card, then can choose to Send A Fundraising eMail (collect a Money token to hand to the oldest player) or Punch Left (locking in one of the Disaster cards permanently).

At the end of the game, the oldest player puts the Republican token back in the White House space, counts up their Money tokens, and wins, while everyone else (especially any spectators) loses.

What I don’t get is, the Disaster cards can be solved with Money tokens, but it seems like the oldest player never wants to?? And Punching Left makes things worse but the pro players spend at least half of their turns doing it.

Please help, my friends are all yelling at me to play again ASAP but it seems like a waste of time. :(

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

Loved organizing your inventory in Resident Evil 4? Have a particular "need it just right" feeling when you play Tetris? Can't help but feel that wandering itch to move those boxes just a bit more to the left so they're nice and snug?

Introducing Pack Rat, the game of optimal storage and configuration! In Pack Rat, you compete against your friends to fill up your backpacks, or suitcases, or moving boxes, or whatever other container maps you agree to use before the game starts, in the most efficient way possible! Arrange and layer your drawn items as best as you can, but beware, your opponents may use devious actions, like drawing your bag's strings taut or handing you an oversized or oddly-shaped item to store!

(This is actually probably a real game.)

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about believing in magical rainbow gold

One of my favorite hidden gems is the old Soviet game Завод Концерн 442 Производственная квота

Players take on the role of factory workers, attempting to meet team production quotas while individually competing to achieve the highest "fulfilledness" score (this is a poor translation of the concept). Players can take selfish actions, like drinking the airplane anti-freeze, or showing up late to work to enjoy more time reading about the patriots on the front, in order to boost their individual score. The first game with a group is usually filled with slackers running around, turning tanks into pot stills and making messes. The second game is where people get serious.

ANY player taking actions that are not productive results in the entire board losing as Nazis overrun the factory. The accompanying illustrations of this in the rulebook are disturbingly graphic.

Discernibly Turgid
Mar 30, 2010

This was not the improvement I was asking for!

nonathlon posted:

Meh. Once again, the SdJ jury has lost the plot and selected a family game, when there are more deserving entries like Nutzlose Seeleute der Ostsee or the legacy edition of Sextoy-Verkäufer.

This is an excellent post. With your internet permission, I think some drunken friends and I may create an actual game out of Nutzlose Seeleute der Ostsee, as the way in which I’m envisioning this is hysterical (and would require alcohol.)

I love these damned forums.

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Rules Hoarder - no cards, no game pieces, no gameplay, just a single rule sheet that you don't let anyone else look at ever so they have to listen to you mansplain the rules every time you play.

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose
NARCAN: The Board Game

everyone wants to get high but be careful not to overdose! Buy, sell, and share drugs with other players. Just don’t get stuck with the “Bad Patch” or you’ll be blue in the face

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
Hospital Escape: the game where you try to leave a hospital without receiving too many bills and having to declare bankruptcy!

Watch out for the proctologist!

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Zipline Builder! The game of killing children at 65 miles and hour the whole family can enjoy!

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Funky Valentine posted:

Zipline Builder! The game of killing children at 65 miles and hour the whole family can enjoy!

Haaaahahahahahah

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
21: The Board Game Of The Hit Film

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

got me 50 ounces out a bird in this bitch
Outrun These Spiders

RapturesoftheDeep
Jan 6, 2013
A roleplaying game a la Dungeons and Dragons except everybody roleplays as people at a party who are playing a game like Scattergories. Like you build a character sheet with attributes like "knows a lot of words that start with L" and "good at quickly naming kinds of fruit" and then roleplay as them and roll 20-sided dice to see whether Kevin, Angie, and Angie's friend from work win.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Yesterdays Latte posted:

DO NOT STICK THIS INTO YOUR URETHRA - The intimidatingly-marked box with large, bright-red letters on a yellow background contains a tome-sized instruction manual; the rules are interspersed with repeated warnings, sometimes paragraphs or pages long, to under no circumstances insert any piece of the game, manual, board, or box itself into your peehole. The writing frequently goes onto tangents about what would happen if you were to do so, down to excruciating detail about possible injuries, diseases, and other assorted maladies that could result from taking such action. Apart from the 343 pages of admonitions in the manual, the actual instructions for playing the game, as well as the board and pieces, are for an unremarkable game of Connect Four.

I've played this dozens of times, often times I don't even make it to my turn before losing. I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I made a board game based on What A Mess the cartoon dog when I was a kid.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Operation: Bris

.random
May 7, 2007

Players each select one of the four asymmetric races:

• the Wooldor, a race of half-sheep who are skilled at spear hunting and knitting
  • the Flup, sentient moss that excels at handling blades and complex tax audits
  • the Drylomancers, the people of a long-lost underwater city that dried out, experts in hand to hand combat and insult comedy
  • and the Children of the Olive Garden. Not much is known about them, but it is said they have a bottomless thirst for blood and breadsticks

Once you select your race, you place your Meeple in your ancestral homeland and draw five cards from your race’s deck. The player who has most recently lost a friend by forcing them to play dumb games goes first.

On your turn, you may perform a total of 3 actions, selecting from your race’s available options. At any time, other players may question if you’re doing it right and demand you start your turn over. The game proceeds clockwise until all players have given up.

Note that this is a “Legacy” game, meaning the decisions - and mistakes! - you make in today’s play session will have an impact on all future sessions! No two playthroughs are alike.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Huge Pig Balls: The Game

You and up to four of your friends compete to see who can get their rickety cart across China first.

Pass The Pig Balls is better than this basic roll'n'move snorefest.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

haveblue posted:

Three-Dimensional Scrabble

Three-Dimensional Connect Four

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

funeral home DJ posted:

Two 3’s and you have to go find that 3-boobed lady from Total Recall and motorboat them.

(It means you lose.)

That sounds like a win condition to me.

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...

Olive Branch posted:

Loved organizing your inventory in Resident Evil 4? Have a particular "need it just right" feeling when you play Tetris? Can't help but feel that wandering itch to move those boxes just a bit more to the left so they're nice and snug?

Introducing Pack Rat, the game of optimal storage and configuration! In Pack Rat, you compete against your friends to fill up your backpacks, or suitcases, or moving boxes, or whatever other container maps you agree to use before the game starts, in the most efficient way possible! Arrange and layer your drawn items as best as you can, but beware, your opponents may use devious actions, like drawing your bag's strings taut or handing you an oversized or oddly-shaped item to store!

(This is actually probably a real game.)

I swear there's at least one, although it's to do with arranging boardgames into shelves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...

Discernibly Turgid posted:

This is an excellent post. With your internet permission, I think some drunken friends and I may create an actual game out of Nutzlose Seeleute der Ostsee, as the way in which I’m envisioning this is hysterical (and would require alcohol.)

I love these damned forums.

Yes but I have rights on Nutzlose Seeleute der Mediterranean