Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
midterm predictions
This poll is closed.
blue wave 61 10.57%
red wave 65 11.27%
stalemate 92 15.94%
goku 359 62.22%
Total: 459 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Spaced God posted:

god just once in my life i want an actually good snipe

I've found that any kind of annoying sig filled with random poo poo can help make you feel better about any snipe, good or bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.
Buddykins you should go to that BBQ place ("Intrinsic") on the square in historic old Garland, it's pretty good and they make their own good beer. At this time of year there's often music playing in the Towne Square and it's very romantic.

Be nice to the Garland residents, they're not used to city people.

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

neutral milf hotel posted:

hell yeah

I really like Wickles Dirty Dill spicy pickles

I'm going to go to the fancy store tomorrow and see if I can find those pickling cucumbers, fresh ones, so I can make some habanero pickles with some of the peppers I've got in the back yard.

home fermenting is fun, friendly plants and their yeast and bacteria friends provide you with delicious food

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Uncle Wemus posted:

How do I sign up to help Xi purge the American swine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akeAGo1oSx8

e: Phil Manzanera on that fantastic guitar break, I loving love this song so much

emfive has issued a correction as of 06:28 on Nov 6, 2022

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

a helpful bear posted:

thank you plinkey now i can go to bed peacefully

need to know how to send treats to pepper for being so good and fluffy

Well hold on, I think we'll need to consider establishing a group or committee of people to monitor and audit how cat treat donations are handled and invested and distributed

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

neutral milf hotel posted:

nice!

do a sincere post on how you prep all that. I'd like to learn

I'm no expert but the good news is you don't have to be one; vegetables ferment themselves. The only "tricky" thing is getting the salt concentration right, and that's not really tricky at all. You just figure out how much your to-be-pickled veg and seasonings and water weighs, then measure out salt to get the concentration you want. I won't give a specific number; it's between 2% and 5% but google around.

Korean groceries are great places to get vessels for fermenting stuff. At least, I'm envious of the crocks I see there, and my impression generally is that Koreans don't gently caress around with cooking equipment.

Home-made sauerkraut is really good and it's vastly cheaper than store-bought. A whole head of green cabbage costs less than $2 usually.

I don't do this all the time, but cooler weather makes me think about it more.

e: oh also depending on where you live you probably should use bottled water, because tap water supplies often have more chlorine by-products than you want for this purpose.

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

pretty good fermentation article https://nwedible.com/how-much-salt-fermentation/

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

I may wimp out and delay going to the store for cucumbers, I can make pasta tonight and avoid going to the store at all. Also then I can make this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDdOO1a6380&t=303s

Normally I love going to the store, but I also love not going to the store.

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Jordan Hitlerson

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

tacodaemon posted:

carefully, delicately, yet powerfully managed

Trump arrives at Bedminster incognito, flitting around on pink slippers with a sparkly fairy wand in hand, tidying up each putting green with love and exquisite tenderness

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

tacodaemon posted:

sounds like one of those Oberheim OB-X sawtooth patches doing the little instrumental hook that comes after the chant of "right between the cheeks", I think?

if I had an ounce of musical talent and could play a keyboard I would have spent a vast sum of money on cool old synths over the years

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

to be 100% clear I don't have a basement

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Lmao antifa conference calls

I wear my antifa mask in the antifa zoom calls, all of us do

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Schmoe Cwead posted:

fine we will use his strengths

50 strombos in 50 days

he probably doesn't even have to do it, just post a photo montage of his receipts

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

In my next parody of Elon Mush, I'm going to 100% deny having a weird dick and explain several ways a person can end up smelling like nachos.

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Safe R states are poo poo-colored

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Plinkey posted:

emfive, i have had this tab open for like a day

https://twitter.com/FoodInsider/status/1589494080219774976

i am going to close it now, and assume that you watched it

I didn't have to get farther than "I am in Puglia". The tomatoes they have access to are ridiculously good. Thankfully, good-quality Italian canned tomatoes make pretty decent sauce, and indeed that's probably the dominant approach Italians use for sauce (that involves tomatoes).

That said I really appreciate that you thought of me.

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Mayor Dave posted:

Normalize staring at the servers tits while you're wife gets mad

a long time ago we used to go to this dumpy bar in Port Aransas on beach trips, it was run by a chud from New Zealand, and my family loved it (including my wife) and the fact that the woman tending bar was always in a bikini didn't seem to register with anybody.

It's called/was-called "The Gaff", they used to do belt sander races sometimes

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

the milk machine posted:

growing tomatoes is fun if it works, otherwise you just get some big stupid vines that don't give you the quantity or quality of maters that you desire. and that is no fun at all, i'll tell you that much

Yea tomato plants behave as if they're depressed to the point of being suicidal, in my experience, and you have to train with a master to know exactly how to prune them. Cherry tomatoes end up tasting the best and being the most useful.

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

trnok

Only registered members can see post attachments!

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

I'm going to bet that the flag hats were made in China

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Are there Hooters knock-offs besides Twin Peaks (:rolleyes:) and Bone Daddy's?

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

A Bakers Cousin posted:

titled kilt and probably a bunch of others

I should start one except it's older Italian ladies who yell at you when you put cheese on fish or order nothing but a primo piatto

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Buddykins posted:

yeah but France is an actual normal functioning country? A corrupt system in America? no loving way

Umm Buddykins, my dear friend, while it's true that I can testify from personal experience that France is a really nice place in many ways, you should probably find a place to sit down because I've got some very bad news to deliver.

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

One thing that's amazing in northern France is that for reasons unknown (to me) the borders of fields in farm country (a lot of France) tend to have lots and lots of brilliant red poppies that show up in the late spring, it's spectacular.

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

UFOTacoMan posted:

when I worked a small grocery store in the mid 90's the shipment from the distributor barely made it to the shelf. The owner would hold boxes for his most loyal customers (hot moms)

man I loved those things, they were a constant fixture in the pantry until I could no longer fit through the door

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Zisky posted:

I was in France (Lyon) for less than 24 hours and managed to have one of the most incredible meals of my life and get stuck in the middle of a riot.

yea they take food seriously in a way that is hard to convey. I need to go to Lyon because duhh. Also Toulouse.

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Zisky posted:

You would probably die of happiness if you ever went to Les Halles de Lyon Paul Bocuse, and it would be worth it.

We stayed in a Motel 6 equivalent outside Verdun, and the attached dinner place was one of the best dinners I've ever had. You pretty much have to throw out a lot of prejudice.

Also they make fantastic pizza but they don't see the need to cut it up in the kitchen (usually).

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

DesertIslandHermit posted:

Me saying ‘Kelly’ repeatedly within Nate Silver’s hearing and watching Kelly skyrocket to 99%

Hey I got mail from Nate just today! Also earlier today, and yesterday. I accidentally deleted them.

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

magiccarpet posted:

So death grips are back

They'll totally be at Mar-a-Lago on the 15th, bet on it

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

gregday posted:

warnock at 50%

that the most boring man in the world can get half the vote is kind-of impressive

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

tacodaemon posted:

lol I misread that for a second and thought "Tiny Somersworth" was a person's name

I wonder if the people there are all really small, like my wife's dolls small

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

A Gin Palace posted:

cannot wait for my state to ban my hrt so that i get osteoperosis!!!!! thats going to be loving Awesome i love Texas

but it's the home of the "Whopper" (tm)

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

GOP civil war between Trump/DeSantis is gonna be the reason for this next season

I'm really in suspense, because DeSantis knows how to act like an evangelical for real, and Tremp is just Tutmp, so who knows?

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Glumwheels posted:

Poor little bitch baby, the front page of the post really got to him.

I hope he has a stroke or a heart attack

no I hope he stays alive to humiliate DeSantis beyond redemption

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Filthy Hans posted:

took a hot shower, no change

I think it's a joint problem, not a muscle problem :smith:

A pinched nerve can do that. For example here's a nerve that runs out of your neck vertebrae on each side, headed down your arm. (Probably lots of them of course.) I pinched one bike riding (holding head up on a road bike) and it caused very nasty dull pain in my shoulder, and my left thumb and part of my left index finger got numb sometimes. Turns out nerves are literally like weird wires. This is all true based on my visit to the doctor, which ultimately did me no good other than learning that nerves are weird wires.

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

How many Boebert voters are there who really think she's the right person for the job vs. straight R

If trhat number is big enough they probably deserve somebody that useless

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Man that bird's shoe game is on-point

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

titty_baby_ posted:

Isn't lord just synonymous with God, and with the holy trinity and all isn't Jesus synonymous with god

if you don't describe the trinity with exactly the right words it's burnin' time for you, heretic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

titty_baby_ posted:

Lmao so the lord is the entity who protects ur pantry...sounds pagan to me

there was a lady in Rome in the 14th century and when Catherine of Siena died the lady was really sad so she skipped making lunch for her large adult sons and instead went to church to pray over Catherine's body, but she felt guilty still. HOWEVER, when she arrived home she found her sons eating from a large beautiful feast, and the lady knew that Catherine had miraculously made lunch in her stead.

(they had to whisk Catherine's head up to Siena to keep it safe because they figured the body would be torn apart by people seeking miraculous relics)