Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/ConorRyan_93/status/1597779135010861056

lol

(also checking from behind is a penalty)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

The Black Stones posted:

I’m not mad about being booed. Please write that I was not mad about being booed.

stupid baby

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
I remember Arthur Kaliyev’s scouting report was basically “NHL-level skater, unbelievable shot, low compete-level and so bad defensively he’s almost unplayable at 5-on-5. But man what a loving shot” and it’s been pretty spot on.

LA has been hiding him on the 4th line with a ton of powerplay time which is perfect, when he has the time and space to pick a lane and shoot he has one of the best releases in the game.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

The Dirty Burger posted:

I remember Arthur Kaliyev’s scouting report was basically “NHL-level skater, unbelievable shot, low compete-level and so bad defensively he’s almost unplayable at 5-on-5. But man what a loving shot” and it’s been pretty spot on.

LA has been hiding him on the 4th line with a ton of powerplay time which is perfect, when he has the time and space to pick a lane and shoot he has one of the best releases in the game.

When did Patrik Laine change his name?

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Jack just roasting Pat Falloon Maroon for no reason last night was wild

https://twitter.com/peteblackburn/status/1597749340881113089?s=46&t=GVmA7f0E_KHiuiqc_Rg6vw

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

fat maroon

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

It's very annoying that a team that traded FOR Pavel Zacha is 19-3.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

fat maroon

I'm old as poo poo and wondering why they're ripping on Pat Falloon

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

mcmagic posted:

It's very annoying that a team that traded FOR Pavel Zacha is 19-3.

Jfresh posted a wild stat yesterday: McDavid is leading the league in points with 39, but is tied with Pavel Zacha with 11 even strength points

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

I hate Jack Edwards, but I support his bullying Fat Maroon.

Koth
Jul 1, 2005
The Winnipeg Jets are dogshit garba... wait, maybe not?

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

The Dirty Burger posted:

Jfresh posted a wild stat yesterday: McDavid is leading the league in points with 39, but is tied with Pavel Zacha with 11 even strength points

He has 11 even strength assists. He also has 9 even strength goals.

To go further, he's at 3.1 even strength points/60 , which is 20th in the league for anyone over 200 minutes played.

At all strengths he's second to Jason Robertson.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Nov 30, 2022

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Zacha has been good for Boston. Good chemistry with the guys he's been paired with and produces mostly at even strength. I'm still surprised that he was traded for Erik Haula, who is fine but unspectacular, and also like 6 years older. I'd have thought that NJ would want to hold on to Zacha since they basically fill the same role.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

JFresh was talking about 5v5 points, so discounting 6 on 5, 4 on 4, 3 on 3 etc. situations, and McDavid does have 11 of those. League leader is Crosby with 21.

Here's the tweet:

https://twitter.com/JFreshHockey/status/1597466960123809792?s=20&t=ntCnIA1S0WJGhZFhiGj4eg

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Koth posted:

The Winnipeg Jets are dogshit garba... wait, maybe not?

Just needed a coach who could get the team to team better together

God help you if you need more than that from said coach though

Keith Mars
Nov 28, 2007
Former Sheriff of Balboa County

Kupo! posted:

I will never stop melting down over this

I also am trying to perform dark magic with VPNs and smart DNS to no avail, how do I make ESPN+ bend to my will, goons
I use ESPN+ and Nord on a Chrome browser. It's a little finicky, but this works for me:

1. Don't go to ESPN plus until you're connected to the VPN
2. You'll need to fiddle around with the VPN location to find one that consistently works. I would say more than 50% don't work. For SJ games, I go to Atlanta. Finding a location that works 100% of the time is key.
3. Go to ESPN plus dot com. Your game will probably be listed at the very end, since it is "blackout restricted". simply opening it up and clicking the Home Feed will work alot of the time, but:
4. Even better, first open up some out of market game. Once you're connected to the feed, navigate to your local game on the menu underneath the broadcast, then switch over. This works nearly 100% of the time (and if it doesn't, just refresh and try again).

For whatever reason, once you're connected to A Hockey Game, your local feed loads much more consistently. I don't use Smart DNS, no clue what that is. I've been doing this since last season and it works fine.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Ya McDavid 5x5 this year is having his worst season by most advanced metrics. He's under 2pts/60 which is down almost a full point from two years ago, and down .7 from last year which was his worst previously. His one ice shooting % is 3% below his career average which definitely has a lot to do with it. Why this is happening?

Well he was at 2.8 points/60 when Kane got his wrist cut and Yamamoto died. Since then he has 2 goals and 0 assists at 5x5 and has played with a pile of bad wingers and his on ice shooting percentage has cratered. He's been fine all season, its just really the last couple weeks dragging down his numbers (but JFRESH doesn't really dig into things cause its not good for tweets)

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

He has 11 even strength assists. He also has 9 even strength goals.

Yeah it's like, the NHL points leaders in say 1982-83 were:

1. Gretzky 125
2. Stastny 124
3. Savard 121
4. Bossy 118
5. Dionne/Pederson 107

Except I lied, Gretzky had 125 assists. He also scored 71 goals.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Winnipeg is worse than they were last year, Hellebuyck is just playing out of his mind.

e: I mean not like severely worse than last year, but they don't look particularly improved beyond Vezina goaltending

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Nov 30, 2022

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
pavel zacha has the lingering stench of being one of the most significant duds of the 2015 first round. he was never sixth overall material, and he was never going to live up to those expectations, so he became a whipping boy. getting a fresh start was the best thing for his career, and I don’t think the devils care at all that he’s able to thrive elsewhere.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

corn on the cop posted:

pavel zacha has the lingering stench of being one of the most significant duds of the 2015 first round. he was never sixth overall material, and he was never going to live up to those expectations, so he became a whipping boy. getting a fresh start was the best thing for his career, and I don’t think the devils care at all that he’s able to thrive elsewhere.

yeah this is exactly how I'd describe it, I think it was good for him to get away, and good for the Devils to move on

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Poetic that a guy that went way earlier than he should have in the 2015 draft ends up on the Bruins

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/SWhyno/status/1598014258196906010

Dear lord that's terrifying.

Godspeed Kris, you were a good player.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

looking forward to the wings game tonight, hopefully we rebound from Toronto kicking our rear end

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

God drat he needs to retire. poor guy

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

corn on the cop posted:

I mean 6th overall is getting pretty healthily into who fuckin knows territory

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ya McDavid 5x5 this year is having his worst season by most advanced metrics. He's under 2pts/60 which is down almost a full point from two years ago, and down .7 from last year which was his worst previously. His one ice shooting % is 3% below his career average which definitely has a lot to do with it. Why this is happening?

Well he was at 2.8 points/60 when Kane got his wrist cut and Yamamoto died. Since then he has 2 goals and 0 assists at 5x5 and has played with a pile of bad wingers and his on ice shooting percentage has cratered. He's been fine all season, its just really the last couple weeks dragging down his numbers (but JFRESH doesn't really dig into things cause its not good for tweets)

Also it doesn't matter why because they don't handicap point totals in the NHL.

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

Fuuuuck "had another stroke" and "not career threatening" at this point in his career doesn't feel right but I'm not a doctor

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

I know Letang hasn’t had a great year in Pittsburgh but they seem kinda screwed without him.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

jesus loving christ man
Get well and hang up the skates

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

lol what the gently caress

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Mind_Taker posted:

I know Letang hasn’t had a great year in Pittsburgh but they seem kinda screwed without him.

Extremely screwed. It is now officially time to get in the tank. Bedard is gonna look awesome in a Penguins uniform.

Kris, please retire :(

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I don't understand how he can have a SECOND stroke and the team is like, ya he'll play in a few weeks.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Lol at not calling a stroke career threatening?

He has had these before though at least once iirc. But still scary and he probably shouldn't be playing hockey if he's having these.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Upper body injury.

Keith Mars
Nov 28, 2007
Former Sheriff of Balboa County

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

jesus loving christ man
Get well and hang up the skates
I recall him dominating the Sharks in the 2015-2016 finals even moreso than Crosby and Malkin. A quick look at the stats (two primary assists on game-winners and the series clinching goal) confirms that. I don't watch very many east coast games, so seeing him do Kris Letang Things against my team was really loving annoying. He's way too young to be having strokes, you've got nothing to prove man.

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.

I don't understand how he can have a SECOND stroke and the team is like, ya he'll play in a few weeks.

Aphasia isn't that big a deal. You don't need to talk to play hockey, do you?

I really hope the guy's gonna be okay.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Not Important posted:

Aphasia isn't that big a deal. You don't need to talk to play hockey, do you?

I really hope the guy's gonna be okay.

:rolleyes: The guy's a professional, one little stronk dont betott engle honcey stik

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/patmaroon/status/1598028154094092289?s=46&t=MxTpga3HStjDBguXq-16yw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Fat pat laughs last, I guess.