Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

He said on the 32 same thoughts podcast he was going to be trying to alter the length and style of the articles cause he didn't have the time to continue what he'd been doing previously.
In other words, he's hit the big time and can now coast through the rest of his lucrative career on name recognition alone and no longer needs to put any actual effort into his work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

The Sabres blew a three-goal lead in the third period against a division rival. That was bad!

Then the game went to a shootout and this happened:

https://twitter.com/buffalosabres/status/1598150336513859586?s=46&t=ubovnDXpXbwvdcEww_i_qw

:laugh:

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Eric the Mauve posted:

In other words, he's hit the big time and can now coast through the rest of his lucrative career on name recognition alone and no longer needs to put any actual effort into his work.

He claimed he was pulling all nighters to write the full 32 thoughts he'd been doing since it was his only free time cause he's on various shows + the podcast almost nightly at this point.

Really he should just stop writing them if that's the case but he seemed reluctant to completely stop.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I always liked 30 Thoughts, and it's later iterations, but it's obvious he's become a more national figure now and he can't devote the kind of time he needed to write those. I haven't bothered to really check in this year since they're so infrequent now and not even the full 32 thoughts anymore.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

He's the preeminent hockey media figure now Bob McKenzie has retired. He really doesn't need to be writing articles like that anymore. I don't know why he doesn't hand 32 Thoughts over to a younger, less established journalist and feed them tips as they build it into their own thing/get their own sources.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Eric the Mauve posted:

Living the dream...

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

ThinkTank posted:

He's the preeminent hockey media figure now Bob McKenzie has retired. He really doesn't need to be writing articles like that anymore. I don't know why he doesn't hand 32 Thoughts over to a younger, less established journalist and feed them tips as they build it into their own thing/get their own sources.

It sounded on the podcast that he really just loves doing it.

BTW his podcast with Marek is a pretty good supplement to anyone that misses the articles. I generally don't like hockey podcasts but 32 Thoughts is pretty much just the articles out loud.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Wonder how long the Pens will wait before Ltiring Letang

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

deoju posted:

I really like Jack Edwards when he's just calling the play, but his raging homerism makes him awful.

The Redwings duo is the worst imo.

In my biased opinion they're the good kind of homer, obviously rooting hard for the Wings and talking them up even when they're bad, but spending a lot of time on the good things other teams are doing. Aside from some of their sillier moments, like when Kronwall would kill a man or the famous Hasek play, it's mostly just Mickey Redmond with Old Time Hockey takes. Redmond in particular has a habit of being like "well, that's not a penalty, but I guess we'll take it" when the Wings get a lucky call

I'm Boston local and their team is just all Boston all the time and shits on other players.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Mickey Redmond owns and I will legit be inconsolable when he passes. He has been a consistent voice in my life for 30+ years. I love when he bashes the refs for bad calls, even when they are against the opponent, and watching his nose get red as he drinks is a Detroit tradition.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

I think Ken Daniels has a some kind of device attached to his heart like in Crank, only it recharges by talking about players from Michigan and if he goes longer than 10 minutes without doing it he'll die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
the n/v "december" thread is up: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4018766