Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
I don’t watch much of the blues but Kyrou looked solid against the Habs even not considering the goals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

neoaxd posted:

I think the Canadiens found the right spot for Dach by putting him on the wing with Suzuki and Caufield. 7 points in 4 games since being put on that line and he's been good at retrieving the puck for them.
Let the kids loose together!

It’s nice that the line is rolling but they really need Dach to turn in to a competent center who can drive play on his own line and he ain’t gonna get that figured out playing wing in the top line.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

I cannot wait until drouin is no longer on the Habs

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

MononcQc posted:

the Canadiens now stand at 7-6-1. It took until game 31 last year to get their 7th win. They were, at one point, 7-25-5. That means the Canadiens could lose their next 23 games, and still have the same amount of wins after 37 games. They were apparently 8-33-7 at some point.

Playing their way out of the Bedard lottery but I don’t mind it too much.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

xzzy posted:

The game is wayyyy more fun when there's human error in the officiating.

Explain this one to me because I absolutely don’t agree on the face of it.

Edit: the review process in all sports sucks but it could actually be made good if the leagues didn’t insist on making it in to a theatrical production.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Hand Knit posted:

That framing is incredibly kind to the Leafs because it captures the 2006 draft with Kulemin, Reimer and Stalberg. Since then they have a few roster players from past the first round but in cases like Verhaeghe, Hayes and Durzi they were all traded and developed elsewhere.

I think the real question is not "over a period of time can you hit on some late round dudes" - that's interesting, and it probably helps drive team success, but it doesn't really tell you a ton about the organization.

It's probably more interesting if you did something like look at value provided and consistency over rolling X year periods - if you can consistently get value from late round picks then that shows something. You could also maybe run it by GM and normalize by number of late round picks and or time period somehow.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Excellent game for the habs against the blue jackets: they scored some goals, got awful goaltending, and dropped points to a lottery contender.

I’m in the dog gif :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

I find Marchand intensely annoying as a player but I have to admit that it appears that he is actually a pretty solid dude overall.