Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Those projections are real bad. I highly doubt the top team in the WESTERN CONFERENCE will have 96points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

The projections are just based on current rates. The west has absolutely sucked all the rear end that there is to suck.

Nah, he started the season like that.

https://twitter.com/IneffectiveMath/status/1578787717600579584

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

eXXon posted:

Boldly predicting a 20 point differential between the worst and best team in the league, where 4 of those 20 points are from Arizona sucking. I guess it's honest to tacitly admit that your model is unable to make up its mind about anything.

It's definitely the most cowardly model

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Leon gonna get 100 assists and Connor gonna score 70.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Posts aren't even part of the goal scoring area

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

fawning deference posted:

Erik Karlsson's resurgence is awesome to see. Hat trick last night and is now 9-6-15 in 12 games

Hopefully they can trade him to someplace that will be competitive in the next 5 years!

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

clean ayers act posted:

are any teams in the NHL good this year?
i feel like every fanbase hates their team atm or is pleasantly surprised but is expecting the bottom to drop out any minute

The Oilers rock

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I want to post the Leon Draisaitl nutcracker video but it seems to be deleted

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I'd rather Connor and Leon take names and throw elbows and nut shots vs getting in first fights but maybe they'll lose the locker room or something. Devin Shore might stop respecting the Captain

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Twin Cinema posted:

It is interesting to me that McDavid has never led the league in goals. In the COVID year, he came in 2nd (8 goals behind Matthews), and he has a 4 other top-10 finishes, but never 1st. It is just interesting to me because he has an elite S%, and is always leading the league in points. I would have thought he would have led for one year.

Maybe this is the year, as he is currently on pace for 89 goals. I say he does it.

I don't think he'll shoot 28% all year but he's also been upping his shot total per game in his career. Went from shooting about 3 times per game to 4 times now. Most of that increase is on the PP. He didn't use to look for his shot on the PP and now he does. His S/60 on the PP has gone from 8/60 to this year he's at 23/60.

He has 6 PP goals this year. His career high is 11.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Starsfan posted:

I think it's partly that once a prospect is benighted as a 1st round talent it takes a long time and alot of failure for that to wash off, and party that these people running hockey teams (owners and hockey operations) genuinely don't believe that off-ice stuff matters and they will happily build a team of abusers if it moves the needle even slightly towards winning a few extra games. They also know that in alot of these markets large portions of the traditional media will have their back. The Oilers could sign a guy who just got out of prison for attempting to kidnap a little kid and if they won the cup the media would line up to hail it as the greatest signing in franchise history.

You don't need to invent a story when we could just talk about the Stars retiring Sergei Zubov's number last season.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Like, can someone tell me a team that isn't run by shitheads that will hire shitheads or relate themselves to them? Cause I'm not sure there is one.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Isn't Marchand also pretty vocal about all that stuff too?

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Starsfan posted:

I referenced the Edmonton media because I live in Edmonton and I'm inundated by it every day.. not excusing Dallas for their lovely decisions of the past (Mike Ribeiro stands in the forefront in my mind).

I didn't reference Ribeiro cause you can at least make the case it was a long time ago versus Zubov being honoured and fellated 10 months ago.

I can't think of any media in the league that doesn't vouch for their home team guys (which really fuckin sucks). Gilmour is still feted in Toronto constantly (where I live) and EVERYONE knows what he did. The Oilers media (not bloggers but others) stayed silent on Kane. It was actually surprising they poo poo all over the Virtanen thing, but I really doubt they would have had he been someone worth playing.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

pseudodragon posted:

The habs got roasted for that too. The shithead team I think is getting off easy is the Oilers who continue to employ Bob Nicholson as President of Oilers Entertainment Group without saying a word.

Before joining the Oilers, Nicholson was president of Hockey Canada from 1998-2014.

They're owned by a sex pest!

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

"he can't play right now, but if the Bruins ask nice he can"

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Like this is the league that took 7 days to clear Ian Cole and probably stopped trying after that.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/1588954991162986498

That'll get those young guys in the lineup

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I wouldn't be surprised the Leafs just wanted a contract slot and the marginal difference between all those players was worth sacrificing someone

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/1589106898481033217

I guess i was right by accident?

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://mobile.twitter.com/DimFilipovic/status/1589120621950427138

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Bruins gonna fire Sweeney and the return of Peter Chiarelli will be at hand.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://mobile.twitter.com/TSNHockey/status/1590062448165670912

Lmao

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Look if Brown can get a statue I guess Chris having his number retired is on that spectrum

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Well the Oilers just found the cap space to have them both on the team!

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

There should be a hard line for the rule but if a review takes longer than 60 seconds just stick to the call on the ice. If it takes that much effort to decide if the call was correct you're not 100% anyway

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

mennoknight posted:

lol remember when people thought the Flames would be better hahah

Same with the Oilers!

https://twitter.com/JonathanWillis/status/1591095114965078016

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

The Golden Man posted:

The oilers looked at their D from last year that gave up like 7 goals a game and thought well. We could replace duncan keith with marcus neimelainen and that will work

No no, they thought they'd replace him with Broberg, who was not ready, and use Marcus Niemelainen as the backup plan.

Also Jack Campbell fuckin sucks!

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Duckman2008 posted:

Team North America with both McDavid and Mathews (and Eichel).

And mckinnon

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I think the Canucks kick rear end exactly as they are.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Powershift posted:

Yeah, pretty much any team could occupy any of the top 31 spots at this point.

32. Oilers

Stuart Skinner!!!

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Starsfan posted:

Lol all 3 of the highlighted players for the Oilers are guys (specifically defenseman) they gave up on early in their careers

Oh those Oilers

Oilers didn't give up on Marino, he refused to sign with them.

Also I'm pretty sure the only other players that could even make the list are Caleb Jones and Jujhar Khaira lmao

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Trade Nurse for Karlsson

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Eric the Mauve posted:

Is there anyone left that doesn't wear a visor?

Lucic and Kassian don't.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

T-Bone posted:

Man the rookies are pretty brutal this year eh? Calder front runners are like 25 year old Logan Thompson and Owen Power probably who has been pretty solid if unspectacular? Maybe Jake Sanderson too? Has there ever been a top trio of Calder nominations without any forwards?

Leading rookie point scorer is fuckin Matias Maccelli. Looking like a Barret Jackman year

Stuart Skinner gonna win the calder AND the vezina

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

The best teams in the NHL don't have good records from beating all the other good teams, it's from kicking the poo poo out of bad teams.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

If there's a year to be dogshit from injury and luck, this is the year!

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Duckman2008 posted:

Cynical take, but Probably 50% of NHL teams would benefit from having no coach versus having a bad coach.

I'm not sure letting players call their own lines is a good idea. Connor would still have Kassian and Lucic as his line mates

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

mcmagic posted:

Going to the devils game tonight cause I want to see McDavid. I apologize in advance for them losing.

Watching him and Leon live is ridiculous. Have fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/FarhanLaljiTSN/status/1595138430828425216

how many more games is Boudreau gonna get?